SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by anointed »

I thought we could devote a thread to the game by game happenstance of Naija's only football coach in Europe....different from the narcissistic rabble rousing one started by Soliloquy

His first game is on Friday Jan 13, 2017 away at Achilles 29.

Fortuna Sittard are not in a good position, 18th with 15 points from 19 games on a 20 team log. Utrecht above Fortuna are on 17pts while Dordrecht are just 1pt behind them.

Even though, Achilles, except for their name, shouldn't be much problem as they are rock bottom with 5pts; Oliseh's work is pretty much cut out as he's basically, without even being told, expected to steer Fortuna out relegation and ensure survival.

I really wish him well.

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=holland2
Last edited by anointed on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by maceo4 »

Good thread, best of luck to Sunny.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
nim
Egg
Egg

Post by nim »

Now this is a better thread.

Could the mods please lock up the other one?

Thanks!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Great thread.

I hope he succeeds.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I ECHO the submissions above.
If the NFF is adverse to hiring a Nigerian to coach us, at least
we can watch one such perform in that capacity in foreign climes.

I pray for his success and well being.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

anointed wrote:I thought we could devote a thread to the game by game happenstance of Naija's only football coach in Europe....different from the narcissistic rabble rousing one started by Soliloquy

Fortuna Sittard are not in a good position, 18th with 15 points from 19 games on a 20 team log. Utrecht above Fortuna are on 17pts while Dordrecht are just 1pt behind them.

Even though, Achilles, except for their name, shouldn't be much problem as they are rock bottom with 5pts; Oliseh's work is pretty much cut out as he's basically, without even being told, expected to steer Fortuna out relegation and ensure survival.

I really wish him well.

This is serious bad belle :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

nim wrote:Now this is a better thread.

Thanks!
Nimrod,

You must be a very hateful human being !!
:source:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

nim wrote:Now this is a better thread.

Thanks!
KPOM! :thumbs:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Good luck Sunny...
We are rooting for your success.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

anointed wrote:I thought we could devote a thread to the game by game happenstance of Naija's only football coach in Europe....different from the narcissistic rabble rousing one started by Soliloquy

I really wish him well.

" Naija's only football coach in Europe"? anointed, you seem to have forgotten a certain Daniel Amokachi.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong wrote:

I really wish him well.

" Naija's only football coach in Europe"? anointed, you seem to have forgotten a certain Daniel Amokachi.
'

This one remind me of person wey travel go Malaysia and e family begin tell people that their brother dey for abroad. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

danfo driver wrote:
Obong wrote:

I really wish him well.

'

This one remind me of person wey travel go Malaysia and e family begin tell people that their brother dey for abroad. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just among others: (1) there is Benjamin James (former 3SC player) with Hoffenheim's youth team

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/benj ... n-germany/

(2) Peter Ijeh (former Julius Berger striker) who coached (and might still) in charge of 2nd division Swedish team:
https://ca.linkedin.com/in/peter-ijeh-95491468

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/benj ... n-germany/
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

danfo driver wrote:
Obong wrote:

I really wish him well.

'

So Finland no be abroad for Da bull. Malaysia na above mountain? :mrgreen:

Maureen Mmadu is in Norway coaching Avaldsnes 2

Best of luck to Sunday. He needs lots of it.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Obong wrote:

I really wish him well.

Totally forgot. Thanks for the correction. Has to be our highest profile coach
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Looks like the game is at 2pm ET. Anyone with links, pls share...
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Nil-nil after 15 mins.

No link, looks like their supporters are listening to radio commentary. Unfortunately it's in Dutch.

http://www.fortunasc.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6286
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Archilles 0-0 Fortuna Sittard HT

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Archilles 0-1 Fortuna Sittard 2H

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Fortuna score
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

FT
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Archilles 0-1 Fortuna Sittard FT.

Oliseh won his first game! From the comments on their fans' forum, they seem to feel they need new players. They just got a goalie from Portugal and a striker. They are downcast and don't seem to expect much from these set of players. Summer can't come soon enough and one said they might compete for the championship in 1.5 yrs time.