Why Cameroon has been hard to beat.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why Cameroon has been hard to beat.

Post by bamenda boy »

The coach has been rotating his lineup.
Every game has different set of players especially in the attack.
They have arguably the best defense and best goalie so far.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why Cameroon has been hard to beat.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nonsense! Dat. one an best goalie? smdh!
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

You have scored 0 goals in 2 games. We will beat you home and away. Oh and so will the midgets.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

I think Cameroon and Nigeria have the best young and upcoming stars right now, both teams are in the rebuilding phase and don't pack lots of experienced players or stars like Egypt, Ghana, CIV etc...I would definitely fancy a match up of Iwobi, Nacho, Etebo,Aina,Ebuehi, Onyekuru, and other young studs against Cameroons best, I can't wait for this Afcon to be over already and let's get down to the mother of all rivalries in Africa- Nigeria vs Cameroon in a crunchy WCQ!

But sorry Ghana will beat Cameroon on Thursday!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bret- hart wrote:You have scored 0 goals in 2 games. We will beat you home and away. Oh and so will the midgets.
You have chosen your poison accidentally :laugh:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
kamerun1
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun1 »

Best goalie yes but not best defense. That goes to Egypt. Theyve conceded 0 goals so far. Again Cameroonians are noise makers. The previous coachgot sacked for exactly the reason bamendaboy is mentioning: he kept on switching players every game and was blamed for not having A TEAM after 2 years in charge. Today some Cameroonians are praising Broos just because IT IS WORKING forgeting that the same strategy failed with the previous guy. THE TRUTH IS THAT THE LIONS HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE SO FAR IN THIS COMPETITION WITH AN EXCELLENT GOALIE...BUT I REPEAT EXTREMELY FORTUNATE. That chance Aubameyang missed go and watch it again...this is something on any given day in Germany he would score 999 times out of a thousand
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

They've also played the weakest teams so far in Gabon and Eq Guinea. Senegal lost not because the goalie stopped them but because they failed to adjust to Cameroon tactics.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:They've also played the weakest teams so far in Gabon and Eq Guinea. Senegal lost not because the goalie stopped them but because they failed to adjust to Cameroon tactics.
The Emir has also chosen his poison :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:They've also played the weakest teams so far in Gabon and Eq Guinea. Senegal lost not because the goalie stopped them but because they failed to adjust to Cameroon tactics.
Cameroon has always had the reputation of being tactically mature. Does she not deserve any credit for that?How many times have read on CE that on talent alone Nigeria is a great team?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

camex wrote:
Cameroon has always had the reputation of being tactically mature. Does she not deserve any credit for that?How many times have read on CE that on talent alone Nigeria is a great team?
The reputation that Cameroon has always had is that of bodybuilders and weight lifting wrestlers so as long as they know and stick to their strengths all will well!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

kamerun1 wrote:Best goalie yes but not best defense. That goes to Egypt. Theyve conceded 0 goals so far. Again Cameroonians are noise makers. The previous coachgot sacked for exactly the reason bamendaboy is mentioning: he kept on switching players every game and was blamed for not having A TEAM after 2 years in charge. Today some Cameroonians are praising Broos just because IT IS WORKING forgeting that the same strategy failed with the previous guy. THE TRUTH IS THAT THE LIONS HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE SO FAR IN THIS COMPETITION WITH AN EXCELLENT GOALIE...BUT I REPEAT EXTREMELY FORTUNATE. That chance Aubameyang missed go and watch it again...this is something on any given day in Germany he would score 999 times out of a thousand
Key word arguably. Yes Cameroon has conceded two goals but Egypt's defense had been sliced and diced do many times. Just that the ball has not found the back of the net.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Truth is Cameroon will keep struggling internationally, with emphasis on brutish tactics. It's only in Africa were such tackles will be allowed, is where they will thrive. Outside the reds, will flow like water.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

If Ghana had Anthony Yeboah, I would hand the cup to them. It would be a struggle but I hope Ghana win this thing.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I feel sorry for Nigerianese

They don't want Ghana to win (Reason: Rawlings & Tfco)
They don't want Cameroon to win (Reason: bamenda boy)
They don't want Egypt to win (Reason: Makes Africa look bad)

why don't u ask Buhari to invade Gabon
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Cameroon has a better defence than Egypt and a better attack. They have also been playing not to lose. The only way I see Cameroon losing is if they are forced out of their defensive shell. If Ghana can score early they can beat Cameroon who will be chasing the game otherwise expect the indomitable lions to blow Ghana away. Its not going to be a close game. Either Ghana 2 Cameroon 0 or Cameroon 3 Ghana 1.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Chimex101 wrote:I think Cameroon and Nigeria have the best young and upcoming stars right now, both teams are in the rebuilding phase and don't pack lots of experienced players or stars like Egypt, Ghana, CIV etc...I would definitely fancy a match up of Iwobi, Nacho, Etebo,Aina,Ebuehi, Onyekuru, and other young studs against Cameroons best, I can't wait for this Afcon to be over already and let's get down to the mother of all rivalries in Africa- Nigeria vs Cameroon in a crunchy WCQ!

But sorry Ghana will beat Cameroon on Thursday!
If we remove the Ambazonians will they still be strong? We might demand that Ambazonians not to play
Oya back to the matter
open and close
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nonsense! Dat. one an best goalie? smdh!
Let's wait till the finals.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nonsense! Dat. one an best goalie? smdh!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EMIR KONGI - na wetin him be?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.