COSAFA Wants Hayatou Replaced.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: COSAFA Wants Hayatou Replaced.

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:Waft,

IMHO, Chinyangwa pulling issues about human rights will not stave a ban (Including Ahmad's head on a platter) if they go ahead with the meeting. Why? Hayatou is current President and will oversee such a ban. Make no mistake on that, Infantino or no Infantino. The only recourse Chinyangwa will get is CAS long after election.

A better move will be to have Presidents meet on their own with COSAFA members independently making decisions to attend if necessary. Shaky strat, if you ask me.

Much better is taking costly but quick trips to weak-link countries elsewhere in the continent as in quick stopover diplomacy (LOL). One of those quick links is actually Nigeria where FIFA's recent and quick extension of GIwa's ban points to Infantino/Pinnick link long rumored. Then consider Ghana where the GFA President has worked a deal with Pinnick that will upstage the current incumbent seat on CAF. There are clearly opposition appearing for Hayatou but will it be enough? We shall see but hosting the said meeting will put Ahmad in the cooler for SURE. Bet on it with the hammer coming down on eve of the elections paving way for Hayatou re-elected unopposed.

Waffiman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Here is a story that thinly (I mean, very thinly) veils the intention to suspend COSAFA's Ahmad at the very least. The battle is on and it appears Mr. Hayatou is arming to the teeth, make no mistake about it:
Caf warns Cosafa over planned meeting
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/*****

The Confederation of Africa Football has warned Cosafa over a planned meeting with other member associations which it says is "an attempt to destabilise" the governing body.

Phillip Chiyangwa, the chairman of Cosafa - the Council of Southern African Football Associations - has called for a meeting with other African FA chairmen in Harare in Zimbabwe on 24 February.

In a letter sent by Caf on behalf of president Issa Hayatou, the governing body tells Cosafa "you do not have any authority to convene such a meeting, without Caf knowledge nor without its required approval".

It adds: "Convening a meeting with representatives of many member associations outside Cosafa zone is deemed to represent an attempt to destabilise Caf.

"We draw your attention to the obligation of all zonal unions to respect the authority of Caf, and not to conduct in any activities that undermine the common objectives of Caf, for the benefit of African football development.

"The Caf Executive Committee reserves it rights to sanction any infringement to the Caf statutes."

Caf's warning comes shortly after Cosafa announced it had unanimously endorsed Ahmad Ahmad as a presidential candidate in upcoming Caf elections.

Ahmad, currently the head of Madagascar's FA, had already outlined his intention to challenge long-standing Caf leader Hayatou in March's elections in Ethiopia.

Hayatou is seeking an eight term in office.

Chiyangwa has already sent a reply to Caf's warning, writing "I was taken aback, to say the least, by the tone of your letter and the clear insinuation that such a gathering between presidents of member associations on the African continent would be considered, outrightly, as an attempt to destabilise Caf".

He adds that Caf's statutes "promote friendly relations between National Associations, zonal unions, clubs, officials and players" and insists the meeting is for "that very objective".

Chiyangwa's letter also refers to Fifa's statues relating to the protecting of human rights which he says include "freedom of Association of member associations and zonal unions for the development and growth of the game on our continent".
E11, this is very imteresting. At least it is now out there and the battle lines have been drawn. The old dog Hayatou was never going to go down without an almighty struggle.

as you maybe aware, this is more of a proxy battle between Hayatou and Infantino. Sadly, we Africans are now split and both sides will claim they are doing what is best for Africa.

It is rumoured there are some big hitters behind COSAFA, including the leaders of African countries who have instructed their FAs to vote with COSAFA. COSAFA not only have FIFA's backing and promises if they win, Infantino has been actively lobbying heads of state and FA Presidents, Also rumoured is the numbers of countries who supported Infantino in the FIFA presidential vote have actually increased with defections from Hayatou since Infantino won. Perhaps buoyed by this, Chiyangwa is confident to not only respond publicly in defiance of Hayatou, he also had the balls to call such a meeting in the first place.

If the deep, deep billionaire pockets of Tokyo Sewale is behind COSAFA, then Hayatou has a major problem. Indeed the wording of Chiyangwa's letter citing Human Rights is typical of that of a typical freedom fighter that is Sewale. Their response immediately sought to cast aspersions on Hayatou as a dictator and oppressor who has no regard for the rights of others. This is from old ANC school and Sewale was a prominent member of that school.

Sewale was the one who engineered the split of the African vote that made Infantino's Presidency a reality. Sewale cannot stand Hayatou and it is alleged he swore to remove Hayatou, after he was patronisingly slapped down like a little boy by Hayatou when he declared his intention to stand for the FIFA's Presidency. It is rumoured that advances made by Hayatou since he lost out in the FIFA Presidency vote, have been rejected by Sewale.

Curiously, I noted with interest that Hayatou did not try to block Amaju Pinnick's FIFA membership bid via CAF, this despite Pinnick being rumoured to be an active campaigner against Hayatou's choice for the FIFA's Presidency. Indeed, I do not think it is a secret that Sewale and Pinnick were brothers in arms on that issue. So what is going on? Has Pinnick changed sides? Or was it an attempt by Hayatou to extend the olive branch so he get a final term. If it was an olive branch, it has failed.

For now, I see this as the first real threat to Hayatou since he became CAF's President. I go as far as to say, it is now a 50/50 fight and if asked to place a bet right now, my money will not be on Hayatou. Why? He might still has the numbers on paper but I doubt this numbers will become reality in voting. This is just my assessment of the situation but I am also aware that there is still a lot of fight in the old dog that is Hayatou.
Hayatou has long made enemies of some key North African countries. The seed he planted in that region could yet provide him with sour tasting fruits.
If we cannot plan a coup to sweep Hayatou out of power then we have no business in politics.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Gudo wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Gudo wrote:If Philip Chiyangwa is interested in removing Dicatators maybe he should start with his uncle Robert Mugabe. It was a big joke for me when Chiyangwa was elected president of ZIFA. It was an even bigger joke when they decided to make him president of COSAFA. Zimbabwean and African football cannot progress with charlatans like Chiyangwa in charge.
The Mugabe family have said publicly that Chiyangwa is not related to them at all chief
And I am the Pope :rotf:
http://www.thezimbabwedaily.com/news/29 ... angwa.html

Robert Mugabe’s Nephews in Bitter Feud as Zhuwao Blasts Chiyangwa

Sunday 17th May 2015 13:34
HARARE – A bitter feud between President Mugabe’s nephews and members of the Zanu PF Central Committee is brewing following a scathing attack by Patrick Zhuwao in the state weekly, The Sunday Mail, on businessman and politician Philip Chiyangwa.

\n

Robert Mugabe and Patrick Zhuwao
\n

Patrick Zhuwao is the son of Sabina Mugabe, the late sister of President Mugabe. Chiyangwa is a flamboyant businessman who rose to fame on the back of black empowerment movement in the 1990s and has long been described as a nephew of President Mugabe.

\n

Writing in the Zhuwao Brief, a weekly column in The Sunday Mail, Zhuwao describes Chiyangwa as ‘infantile, stupid, foolish and a thief’. He also distances President Mugabe from Chiyangwa, saying they are not related as portrayed in the media. Their only connection is “totemic” says Zhuwao, trying to distance and defend his uncle, President Mugabe from Chiyangwa’s antics.

\n

This is the first time that a close member of the Mugabe clan has sought to distance and disown Chiyangwa, who for years has been regarded as Mugabe’s nephew. This follows a video that has gone viral on social networks in which Chiyangwa brags that he does not obey police instructions to stop at roadblocks.

\n

Zhuwao describes it as an “infantile video”, calls Chiyangwa stupid and foolish and bemoans the damage it has caused to his party’s and President’s standing. The video has been picked up by international media and used as an example of the impunity and lawlessness promoted by Presodent Mugabe’s government.

\n

“Unfortunately, the stupidity of one member of the Zanu PF Central Committee is then extrapolated to mean that we are all stupid and foolish …” moans Zhuwao in his column. “This is symptomatic of the problems of politics of nepotism, where a leader surrounds himself with relatives.

\n

It’s now looking like a chieftainship, with members of Mugabe’s family now feuding openly to gain and protect the favour of the chief. Zhuwao wants to be seen as protecting his uncle. The problem is that Mugabe allowed these silly boys to have some political claims and now they are opening their dirty armpits in public”, said an analyst who preferred to remain anonymous.

\n

“The message here is that there is a big factional fight, even though Zhuwao is denying it in his brief. While, he is attacking Chiyangwa, the main targets are in fact the big politburo politicians like Ignatious Chombo who is also described as another relative of President Mugabe. Remember Chombo was sponsoring Mavis Gumbo in Harare East and he is Zanu PF’s Secretary for Administration.

\n

Zhuwao and his friends were backing Terrence Mukupe. Chiyangwa has been going around with Chombo and this attack is an indirect salvo at Chobo and company,” said another commentator who is close to Zanu PF. It is clear that the succession war in Zanu PF is escalating, especially with Zhuwao signing off with the dreaded Zanu PF slogan, “Pasi nembavha” (Down with thieves) in his attack against Chiyangwa and his backers. It’s an ominous sign. Efforts to get a comment from Chiyangwa were fruitless, although a source close to him indicated that he was preparing a blistering response.
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I agree with your analysis but there is a caveat. Infantino is in bed with these guys and they seem to have huge financial and political backing. Chinyangwa is not acting on his own, this has been a coup long in planning and this meeting is effectively a gathering to finanlise strategy. I do not see Chinyangwa backing down because he is not that type of guy.

Now we are hearing Infantino is going to be present at this meeting. This is getting really messy.

Enugu II wrote:Waffi,

IMHO, Chinyangwa pulling issues about human rights will not stave a ban (Including Ahmad's head on a platter) if they go ahead with the meeting. Why? Hayatou is current President and will oversee such a ban. Make no mistake on that, Infantino or no Infantino. The only recourse Chinyangwa will get is CAS long after election.

A better move will be to have Presidents meet on their own with COSAFA members independently making decisions to attend if necessary. Shaky strat, if you ask me.

Much better is taking costly but quick trips to weak-link countries elsewhere in the continent as in quick stopover diplomacy (LOL). One of those quick links is actually Nigeria where FIFA's recent and quick extension of GIwa's ban points to Infantino/Pinnick link long rumored. Then consider Ghana where the GFA President has worked a deal with Pinnick that will upstage the current incumbent seat on CAF. There are clearly opposition appearing for Hayatou but will it be enough? We shall see but hosting the said meeting will put Ahmad in the cooler for SURE. Bet on it with the hammer coming down on eve of the elections paving way for Hayatou re-elected unopposed.

Waffiman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Here is a story that thinly (I mean, very thinly) veils the intention to suspend COSAFA's Ahmad at the very least. The battle is on and it appears Mr. Hayatou is arming to the teeth, make no mistake about it:

The Confederation of Africa Football has warned Cosafa over a planned meeting with other member associations which it says is "an attempt to destabilise" the governing body.

Phillip Chiyangwa, the chairman of Cosafa - the Council of Southern African Football Associations - has called for a meeting with other African FA chairmen in Harare in Zimbabwe on 24 February.

In a letter sent by Caf on behalf of president Issa Hayatou, the governing body tells Cosafa "you do not have any authority to convene such a meeting, without Caf knowledge nor without its required approval".

It adds: "Convening a meeting with representatives of many member associations outside Cosafa zone is deemed to represent an attempt to destabilise Caf.

"We draw your attention to the obligation of all zonal unions to respect the authority of Caf, and not to conduct in any activities that undermine the common objectives of Caf, for the benefit of African football development.

"The Caf Executive Committee reserves it rights to sanction any infringement to the Caf statutes."

Caf's warning comes shortly after Cosafa announced it had unanimously endorsed Ahmad Ahmad as a presidential candidate in upcoming Caf elections.

Ahmad, currently the head of Madagascar's FA, had already outlined his intention to challenge long-standing Caf leader Hayatou in March's elections in Ethiopia.

Chiyangwa has already sent a reply to Caf's warning, writing "I was taken aback, to say the least, by the tone of your letter and the clear insinuation that such a gathering between presidents of member associations on the African continent would be considered, outrightly, as an attempt to destabilise Caf".

He adds that Caf's statutes "promote friendly relations between National Associations, zonal unions, clubs, officials and players" and insists the meeting is for "that very objective".

Chiyangwa's letter also refers to Fifa's statues relating to the protecting of human rights which he says include "freedom of Association of member associations and zonal unions for the development and growth of the game on our continent".
E11, this is very imteresting. At least it is now out there and the battle lines have been drawn. The old dog Hayatou was never going to go down without an almighty struggle.

as you maybe aware, this is more of a proxy battle between Hayatou and Infantino. Sadly, we Africans are now split and both sides will claim they are doing what is best for Africa.

It is rumoured there are some big hitters behind COSAFA, including the leaders of African countries who have instructed their FAs to vote with COSAFA. COSAFA not only have FIFA's backing and promises if they win, Infantino has been actively lobbying heads of state and FA Presidents, Also rumoured is the numbers of countries who supported Infantino in the FIFA presidential vote have actually increased with defections from Hayatou since Infantino won. Perhaps buoyed by this, Chiyangwa is confident to not only respond publicly in defiance of Hayatou, he also had the balls to call such a meeting in the first place.

If the deep, deep billionaire pockets of Tokyo Sewale is behind COSAFA, then Hayatou has a major problem. Indeed the wording of Chiyangwa's letter citing Human Rights is typical of that of a typical freedom fighter that is Sewale. Their response immediately sought to cast aspersions on Hayatou as a dictator and oppressor who has no regard for the rights of others. This is from old ANC school and Sewale was a prominent member of that school.

Sewale was the one who engineered the split of the African vote that made Infantino's Presidency a reality. Sewale cannot stand Hayatou and it is alleged he swore to remove Hayatou, after he was patronisingly slapped down like a little boy by Hayatou when he declared his intention to stand for the FIFA's Presidency. It is rumoured that advances made by Hayatou since he lost out in the FIFA Presidency vote, have been rejected by Sewale.

Curiously, I noted with interest that Hayatou did not try to block Amaju Pinnick's FIFA membership bid via CAF, this despite Pinnick being rumoured to be an active campaigner against Hayatou's choice for the FIFA's Presidency. Indeed, I do not think it is a secret that Sewale and Pinnick were brothers in arms on that issue. So what is going on? Has Pinnick changed sides? Or was it an attempt by Hayatou to extend the olive branch so he get a final term. If it was an olive branch, it has failed.

For now, I see this as the first real threat to Hayatou since he became CAF's President. I go as far as to say, it is now a 50/50 fight and if asked to place a bet right now, my money will not be on Hayatou. Why? He might still has the numbers on paper but I doubt this numbers will become reality in voting. This is just my assessment of the situation but I am also aware that there is still a lot of fight in the old dog that is Hayatou.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Waft,

Waffiman wrote:

Hayatou has long made enemies of some key North African countries. The seed he planted in that region could yet provide him with sour tasting fruits.
If we cannot plan a coup to sweep Hayatou out of power then we have no business in politics.
My bro, when you do the maths, and I have done the maths, it is looking very much like the North Africans and their votes will decide Hayatou's faith.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Waffi,

The money aspect or Infantino's presence cannot prevent a CAF suspension. The only thing likely to prevent it is CAS but it would be done close to the election for that to be even successful. IMHO, Chinyangwa will not be the target. He will simply be part of collateral damage. The target will be Ahmad, if he dares to attend the Chinyangwa event. Bet on that. If I am Ahmad, his role in scheduling the meeting should be non-existent and he should find excuse not to attend. If he participates actively then he solves Hayatou's problem. That is simply suspend him citing statute and de facto contestant for CAF President becomes Hayatou unopposed. It is a bait. Will Ahmad take it and swallow? That is the question.

Again, the earlier FIFA meeting in South Africa cited by CAF is a better place to have a safer meeting where Ahmad's participation cannot be used against him.
Waffiman wrote:I agree with your analysis but there is a caveat. Infantino is in bed with these guys and they seem to have huge financial and political backing. Chinyangwa is not acting on his own, this has been a coup long in planning and this meeting is effectively a gathering to finanlise strategy. I do not see Chinyangwa backing down because he is not that type of guy.

Now we are hearing Infantino is going to be present at this meeting. This is getting really messy.

Waffiman wrote:

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I believe CAF's letter has put a stop to Ahmad attending, however it cannot stop Ahmad being present somewhere for those in attendance to meet up with him on an informal basis. Mr Chinyangwa already claims it is his birthday, who is to say they cannot have Ahmad in another location where they will be having a birthday party. This is exactly how you can bypass or circumnavigate the rules. The tone of Hayatou's letter is ill advised but many will argue that he had no choice.

My reference to money and Infantino is merely to point out that these guys have the political and financial muscle to succeed and for Hayatou, it means he has met his match.

The money aspect or Infantino's presence cannot prevent a CAF suspension. The only thing likely to prevent it is CAS but it would be done close to the election for that to be even successful. IMHO, Chinyangwa will not be the target. He will simply be part of collateral damage. The target will be Ahmad, if he dares to attend the Chinyangwa event. Bet on that. If I am Ahmad, his role in scheduling the meeting should be non-existent and he should find excuse not to attend. If he participates actively then he solves Hayatou's problem. That is simply suspend him citing statute and de facto contestant for CAF President becomes Hayatou unopposed. It is a bait. Will Ahmad take it and swallow? That is the question.

Again, the earlier FIFA meeting in South Africa cited by CAF is a better place to have a safer meeting where Ahmad's participation cannot be used against him.
Waffiman wrote:I agree with your analysis but there is a caveat. Infantino is in bed with these guys and they seem to have huge financial and political backing. Chinyangwa is not acting on his own, this has been a coup long in planning and this meeting is effectively a gathering to finanlise strategy. I do not see Chinyangwa backing down because he is not that type of guy.

Waffiman wrote:

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

We arent playing and i told you all in Chiyangwa Hayatou is tangoeing witht the wrong guy :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: . Chiyangwa is the kind of man who would literally stop running his vast business for a month and devote every day of his life to this battle just to say i defeated Hayatou. Thats the kind of man he is literally. Think Donald Trump on steroids. Thats the kind of person Chiyangwa and ask any Zimbabwean they will tell you. The man is super ambitious and has the determinition of a crocodile. He literally started off in life as a kid vegetable vendor with his mum in a small dusty town called Chegutu and built himself up to one of the richest Zimbabweans now. He was the first person in Zimbabwe to challenge white power in business in the 1990s long before Mugabe and Zanu.

Nice read which tells you all about the power play between Hayatou and COSAFA :thumbs: :thumbs: . Sorry i cant coy and paste the article. BTW i am not a fan of Chiyangwa and dont support him but if someone told me off the bat a Zimbabwean has signed a billion dollar contract with such and such american company. Phil Chiyangwa immidiately comes to mind. He is that kind of guy

He now calls himself Ahmads manager :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

http://www.herald.co.zw/defiant-chiyang ... limelight/

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Samira,

Thanks for the stuff on Chinyangwa especially his childhood. I have read about the guy but did not know that aspect. It seems clearly that this is a battle. A Zimbabwe radio has said that Chinyangwa claims the FA leaders are among friends he had invited to Zimbabwe to attend his birthday party and that no power has the right to dissuade him from having a birthday and that there is no CAF Statute that supports such. :rotf: This is likely going to have Hayatou lower the hammer but then face serious legal challenges that will also anger FIFA.

Samora Machel wrote:We aren't playing and i told you all in Chiyangwa Hayatou is tangoeing witht the wrong guy :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: . Chiyangwa is the kind of man who would literally stop running his vast business for a month and devote every day of his life to this battle just to say i defeated Hayatou. Thats the kind of man he is literally. Think Donald Trump on steroids. Thats the kind of person Chiyangwa and ask any Zimbabwean they will tell you. The man is super ambitious and has the determinition of a crocodile. He literally started off in life as a kid vegetable vendor with his mum in a small dusty town called Chegutu and built himself up to one of the richest Zimbabweans now. He was the first person in Zimbabwe to challenge white power in business in the 1990s long before Mugabe and Zanu.

Nice read which tells you all about the power play between Hayatou and COSAFA :thumbs: :thumbs: . Sorry i cant coy and paste the article. BTW i am not a fan of Chiyangwa and dont support him but if someone told me off the bat a Zimbabwean has signed a billion dollar contract with such and such american company. Phil Chiyangwa immidiately comes to mind. He is that kind of guy

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Enugu II wrote:Samira,

Thanks for the stuff on Chinyangwa especially his childhood. I have read about the guy but did not know that aspect. It seems clearly that this is a battle. A Zimbabwe radio has said that Chinyangwa claims the FA leaders are among friends he had invited to Zimbabwe to attend his birthday party and that no power has the right to dissuade him from having a birthday and that there is no CAF Statute that supports such. :rotf: This is likely going to have Hayatou lower the hammer but then face serious legal challenges that will also anger FIFA.

Samora Machel wrote:We aren't playing and i told you all in Chiyangwa Hayatou is tangoeing witht the wrong guy :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: . Chiyangwa is the kind of man who would literally stop running his vast business for a month and devote every day of his life to this battle just to say i defeated Hayatou. Thats the kind of man he is literally. Think Donald Trump on steroids. Thats the kind of person Chiyangwa and ask any Zimbabwean they will tell you. The man is super ambitious and has the determinition of a crocodile. He literally started off in life as a kid vegetable vendor with his mum in a small dusty town called Chegutu and built himself up to one of the richest Zimbabweans now. He was the first person in Zimbabwe to challenge white power in business in the 1990s long before Mugabe and Zanu.

Enugu Chiyangwa is very brash, arrogant and uncouth but he is also very smart and cunning. His first business ventures were as a boxing and music promoter. He was the one who brought Kanda Bongo Man to Zimbabwe first time and before this Chiyangwa was a boxing promoter. He managed a Zimbabwean boxer who fought under the name Kilimanjaro :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kilimanjaro went on to become african heavyweight champion. from there Chiyangwa moved onto furniture maing business making office furniture. He had a best friend called Peter Pamire and the two of them were by then coming to national attention. Pamire his buddy popularly known as Pams ran a fleet of luxury coaches and other things. They dressed extra sharp, were good looking (not now :lol: ) and his buddy Peter Pamire was the one of the first to bring a BMW 850i into Southern Africa. Incidentally Peter Pamire is rumoured to have been GraceMarufus boyfriend. Grace Marufu was also Robert nugabes mistress and one of his secretaries. Mugabe was still married to his wife Sally from ghana. Sally died and Mugabe now made Grace his main squeeze but appparentlyGrace still fancied Peter the flamboyant young handsome businesman and continued seeing hims secretly. Mugabe found out and Peter Pamire on his way from the airport while driving a Pajero rolled over in a car accident and died. the case was sp high profile given Pamires celebrity Mitsubishi sent their engineers to come and investigate the car for mechanical defects and the report was never made public but its rumoured the bbrake wires had been cut :cry: :cry: True story. Peter is suspected by some to be Mugabes older son real father :oops: :oops: Anyway Chiyangwa then formed Betting company specifically to focus on Zimbabwes horse racing sport which till then dominated by whites. The jockies, owners, trainers and bookies were all whites and chiyangwa opened a betting business which opened a branch in every neighbourhood quickly becoming the biggest then after that he forned Affirmative Action group demanding whites loosen their strangle hold on the economy this would later become offfical gvt policy to this day forcing mining companies to be 51% owned by black zimbabweans. From there he hasn't looked back. Chuiyangwa is no shrinking violet and Hayatou has a real on his hands now and i cant wait :thumbs: :thumbs:

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Samora,

Wow, what a story of rags to riches via rough, muscle and tact. Well, Hayatou has a battle for sure.
Samora Machel wrote:

Enugu Chiyangwa is very brash, arrogant and uncouth but he is also very smart and cunning. His first business ventures were as a boxing and music promoter. He was the one who brought Kanda Bongo Man to Zimbabwe first time and before this Chiyangwa was a boxing promoter. He managed a Zimbabwean boxer who fought under the name Kilimanjaro :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kilimanjaro went on to become african heavyweight champion. from there Chiyangwa moved onto furniture maing business making office furniture. He had a best friend called Peter Pamire and the two of them were by then coming to national attention. Pamire his buddy popularly known as Pams ran a fleet of luxury coaches and other things. They dressed extra sharp, were good looking (not now :lol: ) and his buddy Peter Pamire was the one of the first to bring a BMW 850i into Southern Africa. Incidentally Peter Pamire is rumoured to have been GraceMarufus boyfriend. Grace Marufu was also Robert nugabes mistress and one of his secretaries. Mugabe was still married to his wife Sally from ghana. Sally died and Mugabe now made Grace his main squeeze but appparentlyGrace still fancied Peter the flamboyant young handsome businesman and continued seeing hims secretly. Mugabe found out and Peter Pamire on his way from the airport while driving a Pajero rolled over in a car accident and died. the case was sp high profile given Pamires celebrity Mitsubishi sent their engineers to come and investigate the car for mechanical defects and the report was never made public but its rumoured the bbrake wires had been cut :cry: :cry: True story. Peter is suspected by some to be Mugabes older son real father :oops: :oops: Anyway Chiyangwa then formed Betting company specifically to focus on Zimbabwes horse racing sport which till then dominated by whites. The jockies, owners, trainers and bookies were all whites and chiyangwa opened a betting business which opened a branch in every neighbourhood quickly becoming the biggest then after that he forned Affirmative Action group demanding whites loosen their strangle hold on the economy this would later become offfical gvt policy to this day forcing mining companies to be 51% owned by black zimbabweans. From there he hasn't looked back. Chuiyangwa is no shrinking violet and Hayatou has a real on his hands now and i cant wait :thumbs: :thumbs:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Enugu II wrote:Samora,

Wow, what a story of rags to riches via rough, muscle and tact. Well, Hayatou has a battle for sure.
Samora Machel wrote:

:rotf:

Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Hayatou, weilds a lot of power in FIFA, that is why Infantino wants him out. But if Hayatou, leaves FIFA, Africa will lose that influence especially when the 48 World Cup vote is coming up. We need to stay united.

Hayatou, has health problems, so let us be patient because he will not stay there long.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Kabalega wrote:Hayatou, weilds a lot of power in FIFA, that is why Infantino wants him out. But if Hayatou, leaves FIFA, Africa will lose that influence especially when the 48 World Cup vote is coming up. We need to stay united.

Hayatou, has health problems, so let us be patient because he will not stay there long.
Hayatou leaves. Infantino will have his man replace him.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Kabalega wrote:Hayatou, weilds a lot of power in FIFA, that is why Infantino wants him out. But if Hayatou, leaves FIFA, Africa will lose that influence especially when the 48 World Cup vote is coming up. We need to stay united.

Not personally; he doesn't. It is the en masse voting bloc that he represents that grants him influence, which has now been seriously undermined.

Hayatou needs to go. He is a cancer on African football.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Waffiman wrote:

txj wrote:
Not personally; he doesn't. It is the en masse voting bloc that he represents that grants him influence, which has now been seriously undermined.

Hayatou is the finance chief at FIFA and if I'm not mistaken, CAF will lose it because big posts in FIFA are based on seniority.

Let us be patient until Infantino actually runs for a full FIFA term. He was elected to finish Sepp Blatter's term. It's not a long wait.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chiyangwa: "If Issa Hayatou goes into this election without having withdrawn prior, he's finished." :ohmy: :ohmy:
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Problem with Africa. Waiting for nature and chance to chart their course.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Kabalega wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

txj wrote:

Hayatou is the finance chief at FIFA and if I'm not mistaken, CAF will lose it because big posts in FIFA are based on seniority.

Let us be patient until Infantino actually runs for a full FIFA term. He was elected to finish Sepp Blatter's term. It's not a long wait.
You seem to be completely out of touch with developments re Hayatou and Infantino.

Africa hold the largest block of votes at FIFA and over the years have used it to serve their interest, they have always voted as a block in support of their chosen candidate. The African vote split when Hayatou upset Tokyo Sewale's by being patronising and insulting to his bid to become FIFA President. Sewale, who became involved in CAF and FIFA via South Africa's WC bid, with his money and political clout, effected the split of the African vote. This gave his friend Infantino the FIFA Presidency.

Hayatou backed Sheikh Salman, the president of the Asian Football Confederation, for the FIFA job, ahead of Infantino, and the battle lines have been irrevocably drawn between the two camps with no chance for détente between the two political heavyweights. Indeed, it is said, Sewale swore to remove Hayatou as CAF President and make no mistake, he is behind Ahmad and Chiyangwa. What we are seeing now is the end game of a plan that was hatched way before the FIFA Presidential vote.

Infantino knows Hayatou, who is a very proud and arrogant man, is no friend. He knows if he wants to secure his Presidency, he has to get rid of Hayatou. Since he became President he has moved swiftly.

First let me explain my reasoning and basis for my calculations for the next CAF Presidential elections. We realised how deep the split of the African vote was, when the numbers in the first ballot for the FIFA Presidency was added up. What that first ballot exposed was Hayatou's Francophone power base had been penetrated, what was even worse, the 2nd ballot saw many more Francophone votes for Infantino, and he won easily.

I have been cautious trying to not use the FIFA Presidency vote as a cast iron guide for the CAF elections. The fact is, if the African votes that won Infantino the FIFA Presidency in the 2nd ballot, are replicated at the next CAF elections, then Hayatou is finished. If we go by the first ballot, Hayatou can still win but it will be close.

We know Infantino has been spending a lot of time in Africa lobbying all those countries who voted for him in the 1st and 2nd ballots. We also know Infantino has also been invited by the Presidents and FAs of some countries that voted against him at the FIFA elections. Infantino got his leg up via the connections of those countries that voted for him. But the cut throat back stabbing world of FIFA and CAF politics should be clear warning to all that nothing is guaranteed.

Infantino has also used his position swiftly and ruthlessly in cutting down Hayatou's influence and powers. Hayatou who was praised and hailed for the job he did at FIFA during the turmoil before Infantino got elected, got rewarded with the sack by Infantino. Yes! Infantino removed Hayatou from his prestigious position on FIFA’s Finance Committee - a position he held for many years. Hayatou obviously saw this act as a personal slight from Infantino. But he did not stop there. Next, Infantino closed down FIFA’s four existing development office in Africa – one of which was based in Cameroun. Infantino replaced the four development offices with 2 offices. He had them based in Senegal, the home country of his Secretary-General - Fatma Samoura and South Africa. Yep! Infantino replaced the FIFA development office in Hayatou's country (Cameroon) with a new office in the home country (Senegal) of his Secretary-General - Fatma Samoura.

Guys, this is brutal stuff and we all know there is no going back. I read how Infantino and Samoura got a very cold, less than cordial reception at the CAF dinner party held on the eve of the Africa Cup of Nations final. Hayatou got a standing ovation, from a very partisan crowd. The CAF Presidential Vote in a few weeks time in Ethiopia is the first, final show down. I say first because, if Hayatou wins, there will be another Challenge if he does not step down. Hayatou is nobody's fool, he knows he is in the biggest fight of his political career and the protection of his 29-year legacy.

My view is Hayatou is making the same mistake Blatter made. Blatter grave mistake was to put himslef up for re-elction. Had he stepped down, he would have avoided the disgraceful end to his reign. Hayatou should step down, he should have listened to advice and not put himself up for re-election. As much as I do not want to underestimate or write off the old dog, I just think the end for him is nigh.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I look at anything that Pinnick does with deep suspicion.
His stewardship of the NFF has been a disaster. My most
fond wish is for him to serve out his term and leave, never
to be heard from again.

If he is angling for the removal of Hayatou, at the behest
of Infantino, then, my inclination will be to support Hayatou
inspite of his glaring and obvious faults.

It my prayer then that IF Hayatou's success will weaken
Pinnick and contribute to his removal from any position
of relevance in football, then Hayatou should win.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, this election is going to be tough and close but I believe Hayatou may still have the votes pending Infantino's meeting with several FA heads in South Africa. One of the things we should not underestimate is the goodwill Hayatou has built with several FAs in Africa. We tend to waive him aside as deeply corrupt but the reality is that the corruption has bought him friends that still have the votes. Moreover, he has accomplishments that he can point to as well.

Infantino seems intent on getting rid of him and does have the clout to do so but the obstacle may be time (though his recent frequent moves into Africa may be compensation enough). How much will he promise as per World Cup places, FIFA Committee places, direct development funds when he has his meeting in South Africa? Plus, will he openly link them to changes in leadership at CAF? He also can point to a few things that he has done for Africa including the Sec-Gen position, and more equity in the new FIFA Council, among a few others.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Hayatou met recently with Jacob Zuma with SA sport minitser and SAFA president in attendance.. after the meting, Hayatou was able to extract a committment from SAFA to support him.. Hayatou still knows how to play this political games.. SAFA is a big key holder in COSAFA.. So that was a good checkmate by hayatou..
afc##
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Nigeria back challenger Ahmad in contest for CAF presidency

Nigeria's Football Federation is backing a challenge to the long-serving President of the Confederation of African Football, Issa Hayatou.

Mr Hayatou is standing for an eighth successive term of office, but faces opposition from Ahmad Ahmad, the head of Madagascar's FA.

Amaju Pinnick, president of the NFF, told the BBC the election will be "a defining moment for African football".

He said Ahmad was "courageous" in coming forward to challenge Mr Hayatou.

Pinnick said CAF needs a "new generation" of leadership, following the change at the top of the world governing body Fifa.

He cited "post election differences between Gianni [Infantino, the new Fifa president] and Issa Hayatou which are irreconcilable".

Infantino will be in Johannesburg later on Tuesday for a gathering of football federation leaders from across the continent.

He is then due to visit Zimbabwe at the invitation of the head of the southern African confederation, Cosafa - which also backs Ahmad.

Pinnick acknowledged that Hayatou could still win - but said if he did, the veteran Cameroonian would need to be open to different influences.

"You have to listen to a larger audience instead of just a tiny cabal, you have to know it goes beyond you," Pinnick said.

"I will definitely work with him if he wins but my prayer is we need a bridge builder and that person is Ahmad."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39037164
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim