‘We just want our son back’ Alli (Latest)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ‘We just want our son back’ Alli

Post by ugly boy »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Chief Ogbunigwe[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: This story doesn't add up. First Dele was living with his mum and sister in a council flat because his mum was poor. Secondly, his mother had to let Dele live wiith foster parents in order to further his career. Lastly the story failed to mention what transpired between Dele and his dad that caused him to ditch his last name. I think this is a story that the paper just stitched different stories together to create one sensational article.
That's the elephant in the room. But as his Dad is a CE member, I expect him to clear the air here (to the extent he is willing to divulge).
I doubt he will reveal his identity here.
I dont think he is a member
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ugly boy wrote:Kid was not dumped back to UK due to his dads new marriage. Dele knew what he wanted to be at a very young age and exhibited it everywhere. You just need to be around him to see it. He took a soccer ball with him everywhere. NASA, church everywhere. Sending him back to the UK was a tough decision for his dad but a necessary one for his future. If he had stayed in the US you may not even know who Dele was. There was no coaching at middle school or high school level that could nuture such talent. He went back to live with his mom to go back to academy football. Something he had been a part of previously.
Sounds like you know the family personally. Your account sounds quite plausible.

Having said that, there are numerous reasons why a child might have beef for their parents, especially out here in the west. In fact, everywhere, even in Naija.

Young adults nowadays are more reflective on the roles their parents played in their earlier lives and are probably less forgiving than the older generation. It doesn't have to be anything as dramatic as 'abandonment', but resentment against parents is becoming more commonplace.

Personally, I believe the internet is changing society in more ways than we realize at the moment.
Nigeria in particular.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
ugly boy wrote:Kid was not dumped back to UK due to his dads new marriage. Dele knew what he wanted to be at a very young age and exhibited it everywhere. You just need to be around him to see it. He took a soccer ball with him everywhere. NASA, church everywhere. Sending him back to the UK was a tough decision for his dad but a necessary one for his future. If he had stayed in the US you may not even know who Dele was. There was no coaching at middle school or high school level that could nuture such talent. He went back to live with his mom to go back to academy football. Something he had been a part of previously.
Sounds like you know the family personally. Your account sounds quite plausible.

Having said that, there are numerous reasons why a child might have beef for their parents, especially out here in the west. In fact, everywhere, even in Naija.

Young adults nowadays are more reflective on the roles their parents played in their earlier lives and are probably less forgiving than the older generation. It doesn't have to be anything as dramatic as 'abandonment', but resentment against parents is becoming more commonplace.

Personally, I believe the internet is changing society in more ways than we realize at the moment.
Nigeria in particular.
True.

The human perspective is much more important. I hope Mr. Alli and his son work things out privately. The young man would benefit from the guidance of a supporting father.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Damunk wrote:

Nigeria in particular.
Exactly, Abandonment is definately not the situation in Dele's case. A couple indisputable facts

1. The original story was not from Dele, the people who put out the story put in many lies such as his dad abandoning him after 2 weeks. Based on the pictures you are seeing and the facts that everyone is now confirming that he lived in Nigeria with his dad and was in US with his dad.

2. Divorce is a fact of life and one parent always keeps the child at any particular time. Dele's dad had him sometimes and his mom did at other times.

3. Dele's dad's situation was more difficult because he wasn't living in the UK. He did a lot and continued to stay in his son's life bearing all his financial responsibilities to Dele to include helping out his ex wife financially

4. Dele's half sister not from Kenny has confirmed that Kenny was a great father and has urged Dele to dispel the negative press regardless of whatever is going on because the lies are undeserved.

5. The Hickfords never had legal custody of Dele, their son was Dele's best friend who played soccer together. Dele went to stay with him just like any teenager who runs into some issue at home may do. Even in Nigeria I had friends come stay with me. Does that allow my dad to sign a professional contract on behalf of a 16 year old without consulting the mother or father.

There is more that I am not at liberty to disclose here but you will all bump this in the near future.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Nigeria in particular.
True.

The human perspective is much more important. I hope Mr. Alli and his son work things out privately. The young man would benefit from the guidance of a supporting father.
There is another Nigerian in UK, he went through the same thing as Dele, When the guy was starting to become successful apparently he told his mum that for the battle ahead he needs his dad to be in his corner, and he wants peace between him mum and dad. he does not want anything reported to the press from either one of them.

Its Anthony Joshua.

Dele needs his dad now more than ever, he has to tell his foster parents and his dad to work together and he does not want to see anything in the Press.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ugly boy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Nigeria in particular.
Exactly, Abandonment is definately not the situation in Dele's case. A couple indisputable facts

1. The original story was not from Dele, the people who put out the story put in many lies such as his dad abandoning him after 2 weeks. Based on the pictures you are seeing and the facts that everyone is now confirming that he lived in Nigeria with his dad and was in US with his dad.

2. Divorce is a fact of life and one parent always keeps the child at any particular time. Dele's dad had him sometimes and his mom did at other times.

3. Dele's dad's situation was more difficult because he wasn't living in the UK. He did a lot and continued to stay in his son's life bearing all his financial responsibilities to Dele to include helping out his ex wife financially

4. Dele's half sister not from Kenny has confirmed that Kenny was a great father and has urged Dele to dispel the negative press regardless of whatever is going on because the lies are undeserved.

5. The Hickfords never had legal custody of Dele, their son was Dele's best friend who played soccer together. Dele went to stay with him just like any teenager who runs into some issue at home may do. Even in Nigeria I had friends come stay with me. Does that allow my dad to sign a professional contract on behalf of a 16 year old without consulting the mother or father.

There is more that I am not at liberty to disclose here but you will all bump this in the near future.
Thanks for the good inside information
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Fck see as we miss talent! men the closest thing to JJ..any chance he will ever consider nigeria?
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

miky wrote:Fck see as we miss talent! men the closest thing to JJ..any chance he will ever consider nigeria?

i think he has already played for England. His tackling would have really helped vs Cameroon :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:

Nigeria in particular.
You are absolutely right . Children of these days are inordinately unforgiven. Whatever favor you have done in the past does not count . They have this stupid belief you are perpetually obligated to help them as long both of you are living.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

miky wrote:Fck see as we miss talent! men the closest thing to JJ..any chance he will ever consider nigeria?
Please stop it. He is not close to JJ!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Nigeria in particular.
You are absolutely right . Children of these days are inordinately unforgiven. Whatever favor you have done in the past does not count . They have this stupid belief you are perpetually obligated to help them as long both of you are living.
Yes......blame the children.
Children are 'WYGIWYG'(what you give is what you get)......... Why is it that all these 'pity-stories' always comes from failed parents?
Super Mario, Toto(Israel), Dele Alli.............
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Cristao II wrote:
Please stop it. He is not close to JJ!
Perhaps he meant Muda :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

No family is perfect, but why did Dele's Dad send him back to live in England with his ex-wife, who was an alcoholic? Was there any pressure from the new wife to get rid of Dele?
I am happy
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ugly boy wrote:Saying failed parents without knowing the full details. At least from the father's side I know he constantly came to Houston on holidays even as recent as 3 years ago. The whole issue with returning Dele back to England was because his dad recognized he was a special talent that couldn't be nurtured in the states.
Dele's dad reveals himself. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ugly Boy, thanks for all the inside info. You sound like a reasonable old chap who could reach out to Dele. If you are in the UK can you try and be the emissary for him, his dad, mother and the foster parents? It is looking likely that there is an agenda in place to turn the boy in to the bad boy of English football hence the family angle. Also appears there are some forces trying to turn him against his parents.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Dammy wrote:No family is perfect, but why did Dele's Dad send him back to live in England with his ex-wife, who was an alcoholic? Was there any pressure from the new wife to get rid of Dele?
You're assuming he knew about the devil(s) his ex-wife was battling. Where else would he have sent him? He wanted his son back in the UK and it would have been unreasonable to send him to live with someone else when the boy's mother was alive and well in the UK.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:No family is perfect, but why did Dele's Dad send him back to live in England with his ex-wife, who was an alcoholic? Was there any pressure from the new wife to get rid of Dele?
You're assuming he knew about the devil(s) his ex-wife was battling. Where else would he have sent him? He wanted his son back in the UK and it would have been unreasonable to send him to live with someone else when the boy's mother was alive and well in the UK.
I hope you can see the question marks and understand the meaning?
I am happy
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Its a Goal wrote:Ugly Boy, thanks for all the inside info. You sound like a reasonable old chap who could reach out to Dele. If you are in the UK can you try and be the emissary for him, his dad, mother and the foster parents? It is looking likely that there is an agenda in place to turn the boy in to the bad boy of English football hence the family angle. Also appears there are some forces trying to turn him against his parents.
Quit talking like a teenager!!!!
Children 'know' their parents best.......nobody can turn any child against his 'responsible' parents.
Dele went to live with his best friend and experienced 1st hand how 'real' parents relate to their children and that was the end of any excuses he was buying before from his parents.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

The story about alcoholism is also a fake story. She drinks socially, goes out but has never been an alcoholic. It had nothing to do with the new wife. She was in her 20's when they married and definitely not one of those old school insecure threatened Naija ladies. She is very easy going.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
ugly boy wrote:Saying failed parents without knowing the full details. At least from the father's side I know he constantly came to Houston on holidays even as recent as 3 years ago. The whole issue with returning Dele back to England was because his dad recognized he was a special talent that couldn't be nurtured in the states.
Dele's dad reveals himself. :mrgreen:
There are CE that know me and know I am not his dad. I know Dele and I know his dad and have spent extensive time with both.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Brethren, with all due respect, sending a boy into the world sans his father because it was best for his footballing development is a truly pathetic defence. What significance was afforded a father's presence, advice and mentorship? This is the stereotypical Nigerian, send the kids packing mentality, hope for the best in the wilderness and if they dont succumb to all the things a father should safeguard his child from and somehow succeed, ready the feather for the cap and the big I said it. Where was he, plain and simple, drugs, violence, criminality, who steered Dele clear of such trappings? Who bandaged his wounds? Helped with homework? Lent the ear when he needed to talk? Spoke when he needed to listen? If his was the right choice, this wouldn't be in the Daily Mail. Opinions can be traded but the fact of the matter is, Dele doesn't want to know...So much for footballing development. Balls roll away, a father is supposed to be the ever-present rock.
Last edited by Coach on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Chei !!! Thank God say I no abuse the bobo before you talk am. I hope they do get to work things out
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:This story doesn't add up. First Dele was living with his mum and sister in a council flat because his mum was poor. Secondly, his mother had to let Dele live wiith foster parents in order to further his career. Lastly the story failed to mention what transpired between Dele and his dad that caused him to ditch his last name. I think this is a story that the paper just stitched different stories together to create one sensational article.

That's the elephant in the room. But as his Dad is a CE member, I expect him to clear the air here (to the extent he is willing to divulge).
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

nanijoe wrote:Chei !!! Thank God say I no abuse the bobo before you talk am. I hope they do get to work things out
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:This story doesn't add up. First Dele was living with his mum and sister in a council flat because his mum was poor. Secondly, his mother had to let Dele live wiith foster parents in order to further his career. Lastly the story failed to mention what transpired between Dele and his dad that caused him to ditch his last name. I think this is a story that the paper just stitched different stories together to create one sensational article.

Abego...I no dey dia again. Direct all questions to Scipio and Ugly Boy :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o