SE Invitation: Kayode Replaces Osimhen......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE Invitation: Kayode Replaces Osimhen......

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive – Rohr Calls Up Olarenwaju Kayode As Osimhen Replacement Ahead Senegal & Burkina Faso Tie
March 8, 2017 Nigeria
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/08/ex ... -faso-tie/

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively report that coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr has handed a maiden call up to Austria Wien’s forward Olarenwaju Kayode for the upcoming friendly games against Senegal and Burkina Faso in London later in the month.

Kayode will replace Victor Osimhen who has withdrawn from the game after undergoing surgery to cure the injury that has stopped him from making his debut for German side Wolfsburg.

” I am very happy that finally the handlers of the Super Eagles have counted me worthy enough for an invitation”, Kayode told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I want to thank all those who believed in me and I will do everything possible to give this oppurtunity my very best”, he concluded.

The forward who has done credibly well in both domestic and European competitions this season precisely the Europa League,has played for Nigeria at U-17 and 20 level, but this is his first call up to the senior national team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Invitation: Kayode Replaces Osimhen......

Post by metalalloy »

Crazy that Kayode has never been called up to the SE. He has been around forever.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

metalalloy wrote:Crazy that Kayode has never been called up to the SE. He has been around forever.
Yes and he has been good for a while. One of the few Nigerian forwards who is also technically good. Well, he now has to confirm that he belongs.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Finally :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

metalalloy wrote:Crazy that Kayode has never been called up to the SE. He has been around forever.
Ajagun too
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Enugu II wrote:
Yes and he has been good for a while. One of the few Nigerian forwards who is also technically good. Well, he now has to confirm that he belongs.
I respect your knowledge of the game a lot, but we'll have to disagree on this.

He has been making a lot of noise in the media lately about how he deserves a call, so here is his chance to grab the shirt.

I wish him the best. It will only be good for the Eagles if I am wrong.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

wale1974 wrote:
Ajagun too
Ajagun who? Has he done something?
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Rohr is a visionary, Kayodes call up was long overdue and indeed dead on arrival cause he is one striker who was unfairly overlooked by previous coaches, next in line will definitely be Onyekuru and Kalu, we need all our best player's to destroy Cameroon.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Polly wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Ajagun too
Ajagun has always been a good player...he's just one of those players who never gets noticed.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Good invite. Its now left with Onyekuru and Samuel Kalu.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Polly wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Ajagun too
Besides Iwobi, Ajagun may be the next most active Nigerian central MF. He's fairly central in his MF play pushing almost 2000 minutes played for Roda JC in the dutch league, started 21 games, played 22 games (NOte - he had a 3 game suspension too). http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/abdul-a ... ayer-stats

He caught my eye in the U20s, very intelligent and good at set pieces. 5 years after his U20 exploits, he's yet to be called up to the SE. We've called up and capped a lot of "not to good" players in between. It'll be good to see him in the central MF role. He can also play left mid
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't think he is good enough. He should prove me wrong.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Would welcome the invitation of Kalu, Onyekeru, or even Ajagun since we don't have that many AM options, however, I'm not sold on Kayode. Think playing in Austria makes him look better than he actually is.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I hear that AZ Alkmaar's Fred Friday is to he handed a call-up for the friendlies to replace an unnamed player that has pulled out. I hope it is not Sarenren-Bazee.
I am happy
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

He reminds me of Austrian bomber Benedict Akwuegbu and Peter Ijeh. if it is true why is he ignoring Onyekuru and Nwakali. I hope Rohr has not started Keshi's rubbish ignoring more qualified player for junks.
Last edited by bully12 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Dammy wrote:I hear that AZ Alkmaar's Fred Friday is to he handed a call-up for the friendlies to replace an unnamed player that has pulled out. I hope it is not Sarenren-Bazee.
I guess it is either Victor Moses or Isaac Success . It must be definitely one of them. Victor Moses always has the penchant for pulling out in friendlies. If it is true why is Rohr ignoring Onyekuru and Nwakali . I hope he has not resorted to Keshi's rubbish inviting junk players, overlooking better qualified boys.
Last edited by bully12 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't think he is good enough. He should prove me wrong.
lets hope he can prove me wrong too - if he gets the chance- meanwhile he should keep working hard-
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

I have not seen Kayode play since his U-17 and U-20 days but I have talked to people who are familiar with the Austrian League.
They said he is fast and that is about it.
He would not get along in a stronger league.
Furthermore he is known as a diver in the Austrian League.
He is not rated highly at all.
Let's see what he brings to the table but I must say I'm quite disappointed in Rohr's recent selections.

Tammy Abraham, Samuel Kalu and Henry Onyekuru or even Aaron Samuel are all much more talented and deserve a call up much more.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Kayode is garbage.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chimex101 wrote:Rohr is a visionary, Kayodes call up was long overdue and indeed dead on arrival cause he is one striker who was unfairly overlooked by previous coaches, next in line will definitely be Onyekuru and Kalu, we need all our best player's to destroy Cameroon.
all you do is agree with everything..my goodness... e remain small you go begin pick up rohr newspaper
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
I respect your knowledge of the game a lot, but we'll have to disagree on this.

He has been making a lot of noise in the media lately about how he deserves a call, so here is his chance to grab the shirt.

I wish him the best. It will only be good for the Eagles if I am wrong.
:agree:

While Kayode has been consistent enough to earn SE consideration...
IMHO, the best that Kayode may bring is depth (not quality) - best of luck to him though!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:I hear that AZ Alkmaar's Fred Friday is to he handed a call-up for the friendlies to replace an unnamed player that has pulled out. I hope it is not Sarenren-Bazee.
Another player who at best adds depth but little quality.... :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

bully12 wrote:
I guess it is either Victor Moses or Isaac Success . It must be definitely one of them. Victor Moses always has the penchant for pulling out in friendlies. If it is true why is Rohr ignoring Onyekuru and Nwakali . I hope he has not resorted to Keshi's rubbish inviting junk players, overlooking better qualified boys.
victor will not pull out of the friendlies -