SE Invitation: Kayode Replaces Osimhen......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Invitation: Kayode Replaces Osimhen......

Post by wale1974 »

Polly wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Crazy that Kayode has never been called up to the SE. He has been around forever.
Ajagun too
Ajagun who? Has he done something?
Google is your friend :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

A rumor has it perhaps Iwobi may not honor the invitation. Our boys are slowly pulling out of the matches..
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

DAgrin wrote:I have not seen Kayode play since his U-17 and U-20 days but I have talked to people who are familiar with the Austrian League.
They said he is fast and that is about it.
He would not get along in a stronger league.
Furthermore he is known as a diver in the Austrian League.
He is not rated highly at all.
Let's see what he brings to the table but I must say I'm quite disappointed in Rohr's recent selections.

Tammy Abraham, Samuel Kalu and Henry Onyekuru or even Aaron Samuel are all much more talented and deserve a call up much more.
I watch Kayode quite often. Yes he is really fast and yes he dives a lot but even though I personally do not rate him, he is highly rated in Austria. He has had a few pre-match 'specials' done on him this season. Usually before his games. He is also a fans favorite.

Tammy Abraham is unrealistic at this point and even if he was available, he is injured at the moment. Kalu and Onyekuru are wingers and one gets a feeling that Kayode was picked as Osimhen's replacement because he is an out and out striker like Osimhen. Not that many out and out strikers in the squad.
yes o
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Papilo :thumb:

There is certainly logic to Rohr's madness
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Rohr is concentrating on the areas of the team where we have deficiencies... He is pretty aware of the surplus we have in other the areas of the team.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

papilo wrote:
DAgrin wrote:I have not seen Kayode play since his U-17 and U-20 days but I have talked to people who are familiar with the Austrian League.
Let's see what he brings to the table but I must say I'm quite disappointed in Rohr's recent selections.

Tammy Abraham, Samuel Kalu and Henry Onyekuru or even Aaron Samuel are all much more talented and deserve a call up much more.
I watch Kayode quite often. Yes he is really fast and yes he dives a lot but even though I personally do not rate him, he is highly rated in Austria. He has had a few pre-match 'specials' done on him this season. Usually before his games. He is also a fans favorite.

Tammy Abraham is unrealistic at this point and even if he was available, he is injured at the moment. Kalu and Onyekuru are wingers and one gets a feeling that Kayode was picked as Osimhen's replacement because he is an out and out striker like Osimhen. Not that many out and out strikers in the squad.
So are you implying if we have Neymar in our team we should pick him because he plays as a winger. A better striker is always a better striker no matter where he plays whether central or sideways. You win matches by outscoring your opponents.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

bully12 wrote:
papilo wrote:

So are you implying if we have Neymar in our team we should pick him because he plays as a winger. A better striker is always a better striker no matter where he plays whether central or sideways. You win matches by outscoring your opponents.
So if you were the coach and you were looking for a number 9, you would pick Kalu or Onyekuru?
yes o
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

By the way, what is the low down on Brian Idowu? Rohr was desperately trying to cap the guy....
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

papilo wrote:
bully12 wrote:
papilo wrote:

So if you were the coach and you were looking for a number 9, you would pick Kalu or Onyekuru?
I will pick whomever that will score more goals for me to win the match. If it is either Onyekuru or Kalu I will pick him.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Isaac Success should be the #9. That's his natural position.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sure!
And that's why he has always been played on the wings by his club managers, eh?
But of course, what do they know.
bushboy wrote:Isaac Success should be the #9. That's his natural position.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

wale1974 wrote:
Polly wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Crazy that Kayode has never been called up to the SE. He has been around forever.
Ajagun too
Ajagun who? Has he done something?
Google is your friend :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2017/03 ... P_MS_04_03

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39227074

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/champ ... op-scorers

Tammy Abraham should have been invited. He is not injured and scored yesterday.

He has now scored 19 in the league and 22 in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote:Sure!
And that's why he has always been played on the wings by his club managers, eh?
But of course, what do they know.
bushboy wrote:Isaac Success should be the #9. That's his natural position.
Otitokoro,

However, you must acknowledge that he did well playing centrally for Nigeria at U17 and can play there no matter where his club is currently playing him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Usimen has no business in the SE anyway
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

truetalk wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39227074

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/champ ... op-scorers

Tammy Abraham should have been invited. He is not injured and scored yesterday.

He has now scored 19 in the league and 22 in total.
Has he declared his interest to play for Nigeria...