[FA Cup] Chelsea v United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [FA Cup] Chelsea v United

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:Chelsea were so defensive that they limited Man U to just 28% of ball possession. A new low for Man U this season.
Before the red card it was approximately 50-50% possession or something along the lines.
I did have a look as the game was going on

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oh boy, why are you spoiling the rhetoric naaaa??
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
balo wrote:Won't be watching the game.
yes we know

I didn't have to watch the game to get the stats. I was following the stats before the red card at the 35th minute mark.

It was Chelsea @ 60-61% to Man U's 39-40%.

You can keep having a laugh. I wouldn't bring that up if Mourinho didn't go about crying of Chelsea being too defensive.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:Chelsea were so defensive that they limited Man U to just 28% of ball possession. A new low for Man U this season.
Before the red card it was approximately 50-50% possession or something along the lines.

I wonder where you pulled that from. Definitely not bbc stats. Before the 35th minute Chelsea had the upper hand.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Watching the game on dvr now. Let's see how it was 50-50 before the 35th minute.

Not that it matters though. BBC live text updates were clear enough.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

15th minute. Hazard destroyed the career of Smalling.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

After Jones's foul on Hazard, Smalling was warned that the next foul on Hazard will get booked.

Guess who didn't heed that warning, the Herrera who was already on a yellow.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Like Herrera is a "water-carrier" for Pogba? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What hurts you is that your lover, Mikel, is a dumb player who only knows how to play one way. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Modric, Xabi, Lampard, Essien, Herrera, Motta, Deco, Cambiasso, Costinha, Khedira, all played under Mourinho and he did not seem to "stiffle" them. So, why only your lover? Truth is that unlike Mikel, Kante is NOT a moron, and has the capacity to evolve, play with tactical intelligence and be as versatile as any manager would want. Truth be told, that is the reason, Conte went for Kante and used broom to sweep Mikel off to backwater chIna. At 29, he has already retired. That says everything you need to know about your lover. :rotf:
Bia, Yaya abi abi na Kacee2g abi, etc., etc, Jose's impact towards Mikel's success at CFC is minimal given Jose only had Mikel for one season before his return. In between, Mikel played a lot and won a lot more be it the league, FA Cup, CL or Europa. So Jose or no Jose, Mikel was fine even helping his country to win an African Cup.

But since you obviously support Jose FC, this thing is paining you because Conte has now flogged Jose twice in England with a combined 5-0. I would honestly feel the pain too I was a Jose FC fan, but I'm not. I support Chelsea FC. That said, its obvious that Jose came to SB with nothing more than a glorified greeco roman wrestling fouling tactic to send a message to the club. A bit of a shame given he could've done much more with the talents at his disposal had he not been so full of himself last night. If he had actually put together a proper football plan, they might have escaped SB with a positive result.

I can give many instances but a quick example is 3yrs ago was CFC away at Pool where the schedule was sandwiched between CL semi-finals vs Athletico Madrid. Jose complained about the uncompromising schedule, went to Anefield with a weaker lineup that had 9 changes and still won 2-0 away very cleanly while executing with a defensive plan without having to resort to greeco roman tactics to foul Suarez & co. You live and learn son. Fouling doesn't pay :taunt:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:
benteke wrote:

I wonder where you pulled that from. Definitely not bbc stats. Before the 35th minute Chelsea had the upper hand.
I'm not joking, because I was arguing with someone during the 1st half and we had to look at the stats, it something like 50-something for Chelsea to 40-something, that's why i said approximately 50-50, because from watching it appeared that way.
A far cry from that 28% you would have us believe
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chelsea lucky team hope spurs end their good form.
Congratulations to Chelsea for knocking your former oga.
Hope Spurs end this Conte run,let him stick to epl as beloved eyes fa cup
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

he must have trained really well, and it paid off. Chelsea won, pissed Mourinho off, got herrera sent off and suspended, and Rojo might face disciplinary action.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:Chelsea lucky team hope spurs end their good form.

fortune favors the strong. Chelsea has been playing really well, and getting the best out of their players. I can't have bad belle for them.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:
benteke wrote:

I'm not joking, because I was arguing with someone during the 1st half and we had to look at the stats, it something like 50-something for Chelsea to 40-something, that's why i said approximately 50-50, because from watching it appeared that way.
A far cry from that 28% you would have us believe
Man U's possession was of course impacted with playing a man down after the 35th minute. But I was intentionally looking at that bbc stats right from the beginning. I am certain Chelsea had the best of Man U in that category throughout the game.

By the way, Man U's game plan was obvious from the get go. They planned to be unnecessarily physical. Herrera's 2 cards were valid.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

green4life wrote: That said, its obvious that Jose came to SB with nothing more than a glorified greeco roman wrestling fouling tactic to send a message to the club. A bit of a shame given he could've done much more with the talents at his disposal had he not been so full of himself last night. If he had actually put together a proper football plan, they might have escaped SB with a positive result.
the game was pretty even until Oliver dished out 2 BS yellows to Herrera. The 1st one was laughable at best.

Watch the game without your blue blinkers and you'll notice the 'proper football plan'. Costa was marked out (Rojo), Vic Mo was ineffective (Young) and even Kante gave away the ball twice early on (a shocker for him). Hazard was his usual dangerous self, as expected

Yes, Jose did so much more with the talent available yesterday; much better than the league game in October.

I am disappointed with the ref for ruining what was potentially a very good game.
- Herrera is booked for standing still and Hazard running into him
- Cahill is not even cautioned for pulling down Rashford moments later
- Costa gets a yellow after how many infringements and countless whining?
- Valencia not even cautioned for a studs up challenge
- Rojo. The stamp

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

You keep wishing bad on Chelsea, and every time you get eggs on your face.
:lol:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tfco wrote:
green4life wrote: That said, its obvious that Jose came to SB with nothing more than a glorified greeco roman wrestling fouling tactic to send a message to the club. A bit of a shame given he could've done much more with the talents at his disposal had he not been so full of himself last night. If he had actually put together a proper football plan, they might have escaped SB with a positive result.
the game was pretty even until Oliver dished out 2 BS yellows to Herrera. The 1st one was laughable at best.

Watch the game without your blue blinkers and you'll notice the 'proper football plan'. Costa was marked out (Rojo), Vic Mo was ineffective (Young) and even Kante gave away the ball twice early on (a shocker for him). Hazard was his usual dangerous self, as expected

Yes, Jose did so much more with the talent available yesterday; much better than the league game in October.

I am disappointed with the ref for ruining what was potentially a very good game.
- Herrera is booked for standing still and Hazard running into him
- Cahill is not even cautioned for pulling down Rashford moments later
- Costa gets a yellow after how many infringements and countless whining?
- Valencia not even cautioned for a studs up challenge
- Rojo. The stamp
Of course this thing dey pain you with the red tricot you support. The first yellow for Herrera wasn't as you described. He intentionally body-checked Hazard with the referee right before them and saw what happened. It was a dangerous play and Hazard got a lip cut from it.

The second yellow was almost after Jones wrestled Hazard to the ground and your captain was warned the next rough play was going to get carded.
Herrera tested the ref's resolve and got a deserved second yellow.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Herrera was still in the field when Chelsea camped at Man U's half and forced De Gea to make two great saves.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Andrew Smith was very unlucky to be sent off. He basically got sent off for fouls being committed by other people. Jones, Rojo, and Darmian committed worse fouls than him and stayed on the pitch. The first yellow was a joke. Hazard ran into him as Smith was turning around to see where the ball was.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

fortune favors the strong. Chelsea has been playing really well, and getting the best out of their players. I can't have bad belle for them.
...they will be brought down to earth vs. Spurs, and could cause them to spiral out losing the epl lead.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

tfco wrote:shame....
...one can say Chelsea Hazard = Neymar of Barca. Blow wind around him and he will flop. He's deceptive though.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

but Jose yab sha, with top players, he tends to PTB..i feel so sorry for Pgba, wished he could pair up with Kante and Chelsea ( we know Conte made him the player he is today..if care isn't taken Jose and united go play Europa next season.. their best bet to play champs league nah to win Europa ooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:Herrera was still in the field when Chelsea camped at Man U's half and forced De Gea to make two great saves.
Thanks for reminding breda tfco that ManU didn't have a shot on target during the entire first half while CFC was winning corner kicks and fks left and right in their half and calling Dea Gea to make at least two absolutely world class saves to keep the score even at 11 v 11. All this while they where trying to kick Hazard off the field. Listen, for me, fouling is ok if you do it properly and tactically. Jose knows this. Its part of what his teams do (including former teams like CFC) but there's a smart, professional way and a silly synical way. It was obvious what was happening in the first half and you didn't need to be Mike Oliver to figure it out.

Jose implemented that plan on purpose perhaps banking on Hazard quiting by halftime as, in fairness, he's done in some prior games last season under Jose. But the plan back fired not only because of Jose but also because Herrera is a block headed dummy. He wanted to test the ref's resolve and he got a prompt response.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wiseone wrote:Andrew Smith was very unlucky to be sent off. He basically got sent off for fouls being committed by other people. Jones, Rojo, and Darmian committed worse fouls than him and stayed on the pitch. The first yellow was a joke. Hazard ran into him as Smith was turning around to see where the ball was.

This is akin to a man suffering from leprosy saying he pinched someone. Everyone could have believed him if he stopped at saying he punched him.

Andrew Smith? OK. :D