2 NPFL Players Called Up for Internationals...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
2 NPFL Players Called Up for Internationals...

Post by Enugu II »

Douhadji called up for Libya, Egypt tests
by Sammy Wejinya 16 March 2017, 12:21
http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... gypt_tests

Rivers United centre half Yaovi Joseph Douhadji has been called up by Togo for this month’s international friendlies against Libya and Egypt.

Douhadji struggled for form and fitness last season but has forced his way back into the reckoning at Stanley Eguma’s Rivers United this term.

A string of impressive displays for United this season have not gone unnoticed by Togo’s national team selectors and Douhadji has duly been called up for the internationals against Libya and Egypt.

“I feel happy but then, this is not the first time I am getting an invitation to play for the national team,” Douhadji told supersport.com.

“I was named in Togo’s provisional squad for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations but I did not make the final list.

“The coach (Claude Le Roy) has now given me another chance and I am very happy.

“Now, I want to prove myself and also show that I have improved.

“I want to become a regular at the national team,” he concluded.

The 22-year-old Douhadji is expected to play a part in Rivers United’s Caf Champions League game against Sudanese club Al-Merrikh on Saturday in Omdurman.

He will subsequently proceed to the national camp to join his Togolese teammates for the two games against Libya and Egypt.

Togo’s game against Libya will be played on March 24 while the game against Egypt will be decided at the Borg El Arab Stadium on March 28.

TOGO’S SQUAD FOR THE FRIENDLY MATCHES:

Goalkeepers: Jordan Agblemagnon (Le Havre, France), Jean-Luc Delete (Verbal)

Defenders: Camara Aziz (Rangers, Nigeria), Serge Akakpo (Gaziantep, Turkey), Kulun Lake Maklibe (Dyto), Djenné dakonam (Saint Throne, Belgium), Joseph Douhadji (Rivers United, Nigeria), Vincent Bossou (Yanga, Tanzania), Hakim ouro Sama (Got Togo Port)

Midfielders: Richard Boro (Dyto), Lalawele Atakora (unattached), Alaixys Romao (Olympiakos, Greece), Floyd Ayite (Fulham, England), Mathieu Dossevi (Standard Liege, Belgium), Dove Womé (Orlando Pirates, South Africa) , Ihlas Bebou (Dusseldorf, Germany), Kokou Gazozo (Got Togo Port)

Strikers: Emmanuel Adebayor (Basaksehir, Turkey), Komlan Agbegniadan (Wafa, Ghana), Fo doh Laba (Berkane, Morocco), Peniel Mlapa (Bochum, Germany), Kalen Damessi (Concarneau, France)
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2 NPFL Players Called Up for Internationals...

Post by 1naija »

Kudos to Rivers United for grooming Africa's best players. I expect half of the SE team to Rivers United players within the next couple of years.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: 2 NPFL Players Called Up for Internationals...

Post by bully12 »

1naija wrote:Kudos to Rivers United for grooming Africa's best players. I expect half of the SE team to Rivers United players within the next couple of years.
This your incessant obsessive compulsions with anything Rivers is mind boggling and disturbing . How many times do I have to remind you that you are a self proclaimed Imolite thus you should with immediate effect desist from commenting on anything concerning Riverlites.