Hayatou reign is over...!!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Hayatou reign is over...!!!!!!!

Post by Enugu II »

theYemster wrote:
icee wrote:
bepanda wrote:Congrats to the new President. A few years ago, Hayatou said the last term would be his last one. I was shocked when I heard he was running again.
I wish these positions had term limits. The idea that someone will be in office for decades is just sick.

Bepanda
Same script from incumbents. They end up having several last terms. It also signals the incumbent has run out of ideas but still wants to be Boss. Hayatou has / had no vision for CAF. For those that remember the AFCON in the 90s (1990, 1994) etc and what it is now ...you' see what happens when you have a leadership without vision, without purpose and one that adds no value. The value of what they're "leading" suffers....they suck life out of the darn thing. Empty stadiums, shuddy preparations, non-holistic view of things. The AFCON should have at least been moved to once every 3 years if not 4 years BUT the old guard sees AFCON only from the lens of the revenue they get from it every two years. They do not and did not consider the possibility of getting more revenue even for a 3 or 4 yr format that is well marketed, planned while also lessening the weight it puts on the value of our African Players that play in Europe. Totally lacking in imagination . This is one of the best football news for me in a while.

Typical of African incumbents, they never know when its time to resign and dodge the embarrassment. #whathappenswhenyou'rehighonyourowncoolade
They should've made the AFCON an every four year event after they introduced the CHAN; the CHAN can hold every other year preceding and after the AFCON.

Well, you are about to get the wish of not just AFCON every four years but also in the summer. That is what is coming out of the Ahmad camp. Additionally, Ahmad had publicly stated he wanted a 24-team AFCON. The issue is can he push the envelop on revenue to justify those changes. We will know in his four year term.

He has the political backing not just as President but his guys also swept the table removing all Hayatou guys on the Executive. All of them are gone. Ahmad has the table to himself and evaluation of his tenure is now on a timer.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Is Paul Biya next?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lol the fact that a Nigerian government official made it public that he wanted Haystou to remain shows how incompetent they are,the new CAF regime obviously know who the Nigerian government wanted as they couldn't keep their stinking mouths shut :boo:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Lol the fact that a Nigerian government official made it public that he wanted Haystou to remain shows how incompetent they are,the new CAF regime obviously know who the Nigerian government wanted as they couldn't keep their stinking mouths shut :boo:
Yes but they had no bearing on the matter. Pinnick supported them, that should square things.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

So what happens to Hayatou at FIFA? Is that role linked with being CAF chief?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Nkume wrote:Is Paul Biya next?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pajimoh wrote:So what happens to Hayatou at FIFA? Is that role linked with being CAF chief?
Yes, they are linked.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:So what happens to Hayatou at FIFA? Is that role linked with being CAF chief?
Yes, they are linked.
So he's now out of FIFA too?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Pinnick also elected into CAF exco. Exciting times ahead. I expect African teams to put out improved performances in the WC henceforth.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The only thing I don't like about this is that Infantino was very involved in getting Hayatou ousted.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:Kudos to Pinnik for ushering in Change in African Football!
Pinnick was at the fore front of this change. It all started when he was approached by Toyko Sewale. He met first Infantino, who was already a good friend of Sewale, when Platini was replaced and was from the very beginnings on Board to break Hayatou's strangle hold on CAF. I always felt Hayatou will lose but did not under estimate his cunning and fight. I argued months ago, Hayatou will lose a lot of support because he went back on his promised not to stand for re-election, but for whatever reason he changed his mind.

My bro, I have given briefings on this from day one. Pinnick and his guys have won. Kudos to them all. First they sorted the FIFA Presidency for their man, now they control CAF.

I now await Infantino's reward for CAF. I Hope we get extra WC place.

My bro, have a look at these links, the first especially. Note the date.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=269577&hilit=Infantino&start=23

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=278371&p=4970426&hi ... o#p4970426

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277007&p=4934097&hi ... o#p4934097

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=274418&p=4865100&hi ... o#p4865100

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=273399&p=4835053&hi ... o#p4835053

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=273399&hilit=Infantino

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277842&p=4955250&hi ... o#p4955250

My bro, Pinnick has taken Naija football right into the Executive Committees of FIFA and CAF, yet I see foolish bad belle towards him. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Even if we qualify for WC, dem go still continue. BTW! Dem never born any Referee wey go support Cameroon against us for that game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:Well, you are about to get the wish of not just AFCON every four years but also in the summer. That is what is coming out of the Ahmad camp. Additionally, Ahmad had publicly stated he wanted a 24-team AFCON. The issue is can he push the envelop on revenue to justify those changes. We will know in his four year term.

He has the political backing not just as President but his guys also swept the table removing all Hayatou guys on the Executive. All of them are gone. Ahmad has the table to himself and evaluation of his tenure is now on a timer.
E11, they have been ruthless. They are sweeping Hayatou away like he never existed. But I remember how Hayatou humiliated them at the CAF dinner before the final. Revenge, they say is a dish best served cold.

I now await Hayatou's faith in FIFA. I hope he resigns before Infantino makes mince meat of him. Infantino has already removed him from the all powerful finance Committee. I hope Hayatou resigns from the Executive Committee before Infantino forces his resignation. Ahmed has a place in the Committee as CAF boss.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Well, you are about to get the wish of not just AFCON every four years but also in the summer. That is what is coming out of the Ahmad camp. Additionally, Ahmad had publicly stated he wanted a 24-team AFCON. The issue is can he push the envelop on revenue to justify those changes. We will know in his four year term.

E11, they have been ruthless. They are sweeping Hayatou away like he never existed. But I remember how Hayatou humiliated them at the CAF dinner before the final. Revenge, they say is a dish best served cold.

I now await Hayatou's faith in FIFA. I hope he resigns before Infantino makes mince meat of him. Infantino has already removed him from the all powerful finance Committee. I hope Hayatou resigns from the Executive Committee before Infantino forces his resignation. Ahmed has a place in the Committee as CAF boss.

Its not over yet. They have to transition him to the FBI....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Its not over yet. They have to transition him to the FBI....
:rotf: :rotf:
Seriously, though, there may be questions in the coming months particularly with the Egyptian ECA case. Right now the FBI has not called for him.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:The only thing I don't like about this is that Infantino was very involved in getting Hayatou ousted.
My bro, you have try and get to the koko of the matter. I was against Infantino and never saw him winning the FIFA until I met someone who put me in the picture. I realised a Hayatou was in serious okra soup and I posted my musings here. See my posts on this issues. Have a look at the first link especially.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Hayatou, just like an African president
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

marko wrote:Hayatou, just like an African president
Abeg, Hayatou go school?
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Monkey go still work and baboon go still dey chop?

<
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Dont forget you heard here first :thumbs:

I told you all Hayatous goose was cooked once Chiyangwa declared war on him. Chiyngwa is a bruiser and a brawler. Well done Phil Chiyangwa :clap: its telling the only times Hayatous reign has ever been challenged both times it Southern Africa seeking to toplle the buffoon :clap:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:The only thing I don't like about this is that Infantino was very involved in getting Hayatou ousted.
My bro, you have try and get to the koko of the matter. I was against Infantino and never saw him winning the FIFA until I met someone who put me in the picture. I realised a Hayatou was in serious okra soup and I posted my musings here. See my posts on this issues. Have a look at the first link especially.

I did remember reading some of these. Interesting how stuff comes together. How are you getting your info???
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Stop trying to shoe in Pinnick :lol: :taunt: , Chiyangwa who I detest btw is the man who single handedly organised this coup and hand picked Ahmad Ahmad. What made it possible was the election of Philip Chiyangwa as head of COSAFA the southern region body. Nobody knew how that was going to play out and as soon ss Philip won the wheels were set in motion. Ahmad Ahmad nobody had heard of him even in southern africa, we know our Ismael Bhamjis (botswana), Danny Jordans et al. I had never heard of Ahmad Ahmad. Never. Chiyangwa plucked him from nowhere and made him the running their running horse. Before this he wouldnt have even won an election for dog catcher :rotf:

But good thing is Pinnick and Chiyangwa are friends. I expect them to lead a change in this helped by Danny Jordaan who was first person to invite Chiyangwa to south africa not Tokyo Sexwale. I am not worried about revenue now with Jordaan and Sexwales influence and their connections I expect south african powerhouse companies to ramp up sponsorship of CAF tournaments. Chiyangwa is a hustler they won't do any worse than Hayatou in terms of revenue. From my day a schoolboy caf and african tournaments were seen as something we particioated in but had little to do with us (always losing didnt help :rotf: ) but mark my words you will see more sponsorship by the powerful south african companies as they will feel some regional involvement :thumbs:

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

See Benteke and Samora there :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumbs: :rotf:
Stop jealousying us chief. I demand every federation sends their finest female players to Benteke and I for consultations :sneaky: