There is only one Jose

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: There is only one Jose

Post by benteke »

Paul Pogba has more goals, assists, chances created and passes than N’Golo Kante in the Premier League this term, so why are people raving about Chelsea ace and slamming Manchester United star?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... olo-kante/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote:Paul Pogba has more goals, assists, chances created and passes than N’Golo Kante in the Premier League this term, so why are people raving about Chelsea ace and slamming Manchester United star?

1. Kante is a DM
2. Chelski are top of the table, with thanks to him. Manure are 6th, with thanks to the Dabster.
3. Nobody paid 100m for Kante.
http://www.naijiant.com/
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote:Paul Pogba has more goals, assists, chances created and passes than N’Golo Kante in the Premier League this term, so why are people raving about Chelsea ace and slamming Manchester United star?

1. Kante is a DM
2. Chelski are top of the table, with thanks to him. Manure are 6th, with thanks to the Dabster.
what position is Pogba playing at Man United this season ?

plus Man United is in 6th mostly because they miss most of the chances that they create and hence have the fewest goals in the top 6, and that is not Pogba's fault.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:

1. Kante is a DM
And no one paid 100m for Pogba either. Dunce! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:
The "dunces" at Yahoo Sports say it was €100m, but I'm sure you know the exact amount paid as you were part of the team that sealed the deal.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-pogba ... 11007.html
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote:

plus Man United is in 6th mostly because they miss most of the chances that they create and hence have the fewest goals in the top 6, and that is not Pogba's fault.
His position has been either the 2nd DM or a free role in front of the 2DMs.

If Pogba was on top of his game in most of their matches, they wouldn't be 6th.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

This is exactly what Wenger should have said to the Ozil detractors in the press over the years! Yeah it is not nice but sometimes it is necessary..
To God be the glory
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The "dunces" at Yahoo Sports say it was €100m, but I'm sure you know the exact amount paid as you were part of the team that sealed the deal.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-pogba ... 11007.html
Yes, I do KNOW the actual amount, because Juventus actually released it on their website. Dunce! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote:

His position has been either the 2nd DM or a free role in front of the 2DMs.

If Pogba was on top of his game in most of their matches, they wouldn't be 6th.
First, United have played a 4-3-3 for months.

Secondly, Pogba has actually been on top of his games and is one of the leading players when it comes to chances created. A number 10 can only do his job - create chances. Its up to the strikers to take the chance.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:
Yes, I do KNOW the actual amount, because Juventus actually released it on their website. Dunce! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
In case, you missed the memo, a lot of us have never been to the Juve website and have no reason to do so.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:

Secondly, Pogba has actually been on top of his games and is one of the leading players when it comes to chances created. A number 10 can only do his job - create chances. Its up to the strikers to take the chance.
You seem to be watching games from the vantage point either up Pogba's or Borinho's arse. I have only seen him play well in a max of 2 games.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You seem to be watching games from the vantage point either up Pogba's or Borinho's arse. I have only seen him play well in a max of 2 games.
most of his hard work ends up as missed chances.
people only seem to remember when goals are scored.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote:
most of his hard work ends up as missed chances.
people only seem to remember when goals are scored.
Most of his work end up as lost possession due to bad decisions, poor control, misplaced passes, etc.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

CIC I think you are a tad unfair on our Paul :cry: To be honest I expected more from him given the reputation he came with. I will be first to admit caling him out for his performances in the CL champions league at juventus where he left me underwhelmed and his euro performances. I think at one point I even started a thread asking when does he ever play well.

However having watched hima fair bit at United for his first season he has done well. He has played well and I compare to one bonafide star I saw with my own eyes. Didier Drogba. I remeber him being slated by every man and his dog in his first season to that time he got a red card and chelsea fans hated him. He later settled and became for me chelseas most important player in history though many of their fans favour that donkey Lampard. Some say Henry's first season at arsenal was no great shakes either though I was either a little immature and/or immature football wise not to remember his first season. I admit I only started supporting arsenal because there was a time they had an almost black team so my knowledge of them cat compare with die hards. Ronaldinho struggled a bit at barca. My main defence of Pogba is because I know what motivates some of the critics
Just my thoughts

For what its worth I feel he needs stop al that dabbing nonsense :sad:If he ap
lied himself totally with his size he would be unplayable. I feel he has a bit of balotelis disease of being half arsed about things
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

...has won all these by the age of 23:

- 4 league titles
- 2 Coppas
- 3 super coppas
- 1 EFL Cup
- runner up in CL

Iniesta is 33. By the age of 23, Iniesta had won

- 2 league titles
- 2 super copa
- 1 CL

Did someone on this thread attempt comparing Pogba with Iniesta?
:???: :???: :???:

Seriously? :blink: :blink: :blink:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Did someone on this thread attempt comparing Pogba with Iniesta?
:???: :???: :???:

Seriously? :blink: :blink: :blink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't worry, he'll be here soon to tell you that you only rate Iniesta b/c he is white and don't rate Pogba b/c he is black and you are doing what your massas tell you. But we all know his fighting for Pogba is only b/c of the Borinho connection.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Samora Machel wrote:CIC I think you are a tad unfair on our Paul :cry: To be honest I expected more from him given the reputation he came with. I will be first to admit caling him out for his performances in the CL champions league at juventus where he left me underwhelmed and his euro performances. I think at one point I even started a thread asking when does he ever play well.

However having watched hima fair bit at United for his first season he has done well. He has played well and I compare to one bonafide star I saw with my own eyes. Didier Drogba. I remeber him being slated by every man and his dog in his first season to that time he got a red card and chelsea fans hated him. He later settled and became for me chelseas most important player in history though many of their fans favour that donkey Lampard. Some say Henry's first season at arsenal was no great shakes either though I was either a little immature and/or immature football wise not to remember his first season. I admit I only started supporting arsenal because there was a time they had an almost black team so my knowledge of them cat compare with die hards. Ronaldinho struggled a bit at barca. My main defence of Pogba is because I know what motivates some of the critics
Just my thoughts

lied himself totally with his size he would be unplayable. I feel he has a bit of balotelis disease of being half arsed about things
My guy, I was pissed off with Pogba at the Euros, esp when I saw players like Sissoko stepping up. I know Pogba is relatively young, I know there is the first season syndrome, etc. But I tend to judge players on technical ability first. I have watched him from his Juve days and I'm not convinced he has it in him to be a great. He can be a very good player with experience, confidence, etc. But his technique is not top notch.

While there is a possibility that Pogba's critics could be motivated by race, we all know about the blame the black man syndrome, but there is only one way to shut up the critics. I didn't see that many racists complain when George Weah was winning World and European Player of the Year awards. If Pogba's critics are all about race, why is Kante getting so much love?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:CIC I think you are a tad unfair on our Paul :cry: To be honest I expected more from him given the reputation he came with. I will be first to admit caling him out for his performances in the CL champions league at juventus where he left me underwhelmed and his euro performances. I think at one point I even started a thread asking when does he ever play well.

Just my thoughts

My guy, I was pissed off with Pogba at the Euros, esp when I saw players like Sissoko stepping up. I know Pogba is relatively young, I know there is the first season syndrome, etc. But I tend to judge players on technical ability first. I have watched him from his Juve days and I'm not convinced he has it in him to be a great. He can be a very good player with experience, confidence, etc. But his technique is not top notch.

While there is a possibility that Pogba's critics could be motivated by race, we all know about the blame the black man syndrome, but there is only one way to shut up the critics. I didn't see that many racists complain when George Weah was winning World and European Player of the Year awards. If Pogba's critics are all about race, why is Kante getting so much love?
They might not like the fact that a young black man like Pogba was bought for a handsome amount of money, a record, and he seems to be a free spirit enjoying life.
Usually they like a black man as the undying servant of the team who was bought cheap, the Makelele syndrome, where he was doing hard work with as smile on the cheap :biggrin:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

benteke wrote: They might not like the fact that a young black man like Pogba was bought for a handsome amount of money, a record, and he seems to be a free spirit enjoying life.
Usually they like a black man as the undying servant of the team who was bought cheap, the Makelele syndrome, where he was doing hard work with as smile on the cheap :biggrin:
I didn't see many racists complaining when Weah was being crowned the best in the world.

There is another stereotype of black players that paints them as flash, unreliable, going missing in the cold winter nights when the going gets tough, not consistent, etc. Some racists think only white pros are solid, put in a shift week in, week out, cover every blade of grass, etc.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote: They might not like the fact that a young black man like Pogba was bought for a handsome amount of money, a record, and he seems to be a free spirit enjoying life.
I didn't see many racists complaining when Weah was being crowned the best in the world.

There is another stereotype of black players that paints them as flash, unreliable, going missing in the cold winter nights when the going gets tough, not consistent, etc. Some racists think only white pros are solid, put in a shift week in, week out, cover every blade of grass, etc.
I think that one of going missing in cold winters is reserved for Latin players, especially Brazilians.
The one for blacks is "big powerful, strong but lacking football intelligence", and not to be trusted with central midfield play making roles where brain is required :biggrin:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The problem here is merely a matter of price tag. At 80 odd million, Ronaldo laced up his boots and was extraterrestrial, taking the game to a different galaxy. Was it uncouth of the audience, whet in appetite, to expect the extraordinary once more? Pogba cannot be held accountable for the pounds parted with in his procurement and yet neither could Zidane, Suarez or Cristiano. And yet, upon the exchange, there is indeed an acquisition of responsibility by the player. Whether he likes it or not, Pogba represents an act of outrageous ostentation and as exaggerated as the outlay was, so too must be the output. Many have gone for marvelous sums and proven their price, as have many failed to do so. One will turn to Ronaldo once more, 377 goals in 342 games. Pogba needs to prove he's worth the same sort of poundage.
Last edited by Coach on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
In case, you missed the memo, a lot of us have never been to the Juve website and have no reason to do so.
Of course you havent. You drag your facts out of your buttocks! Dunce :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: of course you have! dunce.