Hayatou reign is over...!!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHINYANGWA: "We destroyed the Dictator"

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

:laugh:
It takes a crook to catch a crook.
Samora, come see your boy

:rotf: :atc: :rotf: god help us all. We will now be bombarded with youtube videos of Phil praising himself. But well played on this one. :clap:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Hayatou reign is over...!!!!!!!

Post by Enugu II »

Samora Machel wrote:Stop trying to shoe in Pinnick :lol: :taunt: , Chiyangwa who I detest btw is the man who single handedly organised this coup and hand picked Ahmad Ahmad. What made it possible was the election of Philip Chiyangwa as head of COSAFA the southern region body. Nobody knew how that was going to play out and as soon ss Philip won the wheels were set in motion. Ahmad Ahmad nobody had heard of him even in southern africa, we know our Ismael Bhamjis (botswana), Danny Jordans et al. I had never heard of Ahmad Ahmad. Never. Chiyangwa plucked him from nowhere and made him the running their running horse. Before this he wouldnt have even won an election for dog catcher :rotf:

But good thing is Pinnick and Chiyangwa are friends. I expect them to lead a change in this helped by Danny Jordaan who was first person to invite Chiyangwa to south africa not Tokyo Sexwale. I am not worried about revenue now with Jordaan and Sexwales influence and their connections I expect south african powerhouse companies to ramp up sponsorship of CAF tournaments. Chiyangwa is a hustler they won't do any worse than Hayatou in terms of revenue. From my day a schoolboy caf and african tournaments were seen as something we particioated in but had little to do with us (always losing didn't help :rotf: ) but mark my words you will see more sponsorship by the powerful south african companies as they will feel some regional involvement :thumbs:
Samora,

If the sponsorship happens then the concern surrounding Ahmad will be rested. The reality is that he has no real record in Malagasy to speak of and did not run on any accomplishments there. That was strange but what was he going to run on if he achieved little. The league is really backward and women football almost non-existent. Then he was known as a backbencher in CAF, saying and doing little. Then suddenly he emerges to lead CAF. If he has the support to bring in sponsorship and revenue then there will be little to worry about. Already it is speculated that he will move the AFCON to a four year cycle and to the summer months along with expanding it to 24 teams (I guess more CACAFA and COSAFA nations qualifying!! :rotf: :rotf: ). We will watch the next four years. He said Hayatou had done much for Africa but that the campaign was on sit-tight issues and lack of transparency.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Does anyone know why Moise Katumbi Chapwe wasnt involvèd in this. He is a Tokyo sexwale/chiyangwa type person involved in business moved into football and politics. I think as owner of TP mazembe he would win this at a canter by buying every vote :rotf: Congo are honourary members of cosafa and sometimes bet invitee status

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Enugu II wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Stop trying to shoe in Pinnick :lol: :taunt: , Chiyangwa who I detest btw is the man who single handedly organised this coup and hand picked Ahmad Ahmad. What made it possible was the election of Philip Chiyangwa as head of COSAFA the southern region body. Nobody knew how that was going to play out and as soon ss Philip won the wheels were set in motion. Ahmad Ahmad nobody had heard of him even in southern africa, we know our Ismael Bhamjis (botswana), Danny Jordans et al. I had never heard of Ahmad Ahmad. Never. Chiyangwa plucked him from nowhere and made him the running their running horse. Before this he wouldnt have even won an election for dog catcher :rotf:

But good thing is Pinnick and Chiyangwa are friends. I expect them to lead a change in this helped by Danny Jordaan who was first person to invite Chiyangwa to south africa not Tokyo Sexwale. I am not worried about revenue now with Jordaan and Sexwales influence and their connections I expect south african powerhouse companies to ramp up sponsorship of CAF tournaments. Chiyangwa is a hustler they won't do any worse than Hayatou in terms of revenue. From my day a schoolboy caf and african tournaments were seen as something we particioated in but had little to do with us (always losing didn't help :rotf: ) but mark my words you will see more sponsorship by the powerful south african companies as they will feel some regional involvement :thumbs:
Samora,

If the sponsorship happens then the concern surrounding Ahmad will be rested. The reality is that he has no real record in Malagasy to speak of and did not run on any accomplishments there. That was strange but what was he going to run on if he achieved little. The league is really backward and women football almost non-existent. Then he was known as a backbencher in CAF, saying and doing little. Then suddenly he emerges to lead CAF. If he has the support to bring in sponsorship and revenue then there will be little to worry about. Already it is speculated that he will move the AFCON to a four year cycle and to the summer months along with expanding it to 24 teams (I guess more CACAFA and COSAFA nations qualifying!! :rotf: :rotf: ). We will watch the next four years. He said Hayatou had done much for Africa but that the campaign was on sit-tight issues and lack of transparency.
Chief we both know he will be a figurehead collecting a salary doing little. I expect Pinnick, Chiyangwa and Jordaan willl be travelling between souh africa zim and Nigeria and a north african colleague pulling the strings. Look at Ahmads face when he has won and is being hurled into the air The man looks scared stiff and is probably cursing chiyangwa pinnick and others :smile: Honestly watch him he is probably thinking these guys never told me I might win :rotf:

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:The only thing I don't like about this is that Infantino was very involved in getting Hayatou ousted.
My bro, you have try and get to the koko of the matter. I was against Infantino and never saw him winning the FIFA until I met someone who put me in the picture. I realised a Hayatou was in serious okra soup and I posted my musings here. See my posts on this issues. Have a look at the first link especially.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=269577&hilit=Infantino&start=23

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=278371&p=4970426&hi ... o#p4970426

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277007&p=4934097&hi ... o#p4934097

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=274418&p=4865100&hi ... o#p4865100

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=273399&p=4835053&hi ... o#p4835053

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=273399&hilit=Infantino

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277842&p=4955250&hi ... o#p4955250
Thanks Waffi
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Wonderful :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

This couldn't have happened at a better time for Nigeria. There is far less chance of fixing the World Cup qualifiers officials in cameroon's favor :!:

Cheers.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Samora Machel wrote:Does anyone know why Moise Katumbi Chapwe wasnt involvèd in this. He is a Tokyo sexwale/chiyangwa type person involved in business moved into football and politics. I think as owner of TP mazembe he would win this at a canter by buying every vote :rotf: Congo are honourary members of cosafa and sometimes bet invitee status
He is preoccupied with trying to oust Kabila as president of DRC.
It got ugly pretty quickly.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

First on the Ahmad's agenda is getting 12 WC slots for Africa.

Then fix the Senegalese and Francophone strangle hold on CAF officiating.

These guys give themselves the cushy games and the rest take the crumbs.
If you dare protest or complain, then you will face their full wrath.
Too many good officials quit early because of these shenanigans.
Last edited by Kabalega on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

There is no doubt that Francafrique have been monopolizing African football. And it doesn't just end with officiating and the football itself, this also extends to how they managed broadcasting rights for example.

I hope that Ahmad will indeed work towards diminishing this stranglehold.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

revoke the tv rigts with sports five..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Samora Machel wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Samora,

Chief we both know he will be a figurehead collecting a salary doing little. I expect Pinnick, Chiyangwa and Jordaan willl be travelling between souh africa zim and Nigeria and a north african colleague pulling the strings. Look at Ahmads face when he has won and is being hurled into the air The man looks scared stiff and is probably cursing chiyangwa pinnick and others :smile: Honestly watch him he is probably thinking these guys never told me I might win :rotf:
You needed someone without baggage and from a country without enemies to oust Hayatou. I will like to see what the next election will be like, now the common enemy is gone.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

But good thing is Pinnick and Chiyangwa are friends. I expect them to lead a change in this helped by Danny Jordaan who was first person to invite Chiyangwa to south africa not Tokyo Sexwale. I am not worried about revenue now with Jordaan and Sexwales influence and their connections I expect south african powerhouse companies to ramp up sponsorship of CAF tournaments. Chiyangwa is a hustler they won't do any worse than Hayatou in terms of revenue. From my day a schoolboy caf and african tournaments were seen as something we particioated in but had little to do with us (always losing didnt help :rotf: ) but mark my words you will see more sponsorship by the powerful south african companies as they will feel some regional involvement :thumbs:
Abeg go and sit down! Chiyangwa played a vocal but minor role, read below

The conspiracy’s modus

The support base that led to the defeat of the Cameroonian was also key – an alliance forged by traditional African football giants such as Egypt (led by its FA boss Han Abo Rida), Nigeria (Amaju Pinnick), DR Congo (Constance Omari) and Ghana (Kwesi Nyantakyi) as well as the influential South Africa (Danny Jordaan).

These pillars openly rallied the other smaller, but also important, football nations around them. Liberia (Musa Bility) and Sierra Leone (Isha Johansen) did not hide their allegiances, and it was at great risk because a Hayatou win could have spelled the end of their football political careers. Special mention should be reserved for the flamboyant Zimbabwe FA head, Dr. Philip Chiyangwa, whose initial efforts at attacking Hayatou's credibility were so key to kickstarting momentum for this project.

"I and like-minded colleagues from [the Council of Southern African Football Associations, Cosafa] launched this calculated move that we needed this man out and others took us for a joke. But here we are, history has been written.”

Considered a newcomer in football circles after only being elected to head the game in Zimbabwe in 2015, his forward nature has propelled him into the consciousness of the African football elite. It was at his birthday party in Harare that the plot to unseat the Cameroonian really took form.
http://www.myjoyonline.com/sports/2017/ ... ayatou.php
I am happy
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gudo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Finally! Hayatou, Biya, Wenger, Mugabe.....
Mugabe is not going anywhere :rotf:

Sadly, I know. African CE lovers of dictatorships, who know themselves :mad: :mad: :mad: will support him openly or secretly, while accusing the evil West of being responsible for everything.
Oh oh, you too don notice
A man whose local currency is the almighty western currency blames the same west for his own incompetence while clinging on to power, Sorry I got carried away, Im not sure who we are discussing anymore is it Mugabe or Hayatou :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

anointed wrote:
camex wrote:Congratulations to the new president!
Does perpetuating oneself in power have anything to do with Camerounians considering also Paul Biya? Even one CE has been too long capra aegagrus hircus when he should have been retired into a pot of pepper soup.
4Q!
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:This couldn't have happened at a better time for Nigeria. There is far less chance of fixing the World Cup qualifiers officials in cameroon's favor :!:

Cheers.
Hahaha... The only advantage Cameroon had over Nigeria in their impending World Cup qualifying clashes just evaporated. Cameroon is no longer guaranteed friendly officiating in their clashes against Nigeria. Russia, the Nigerians are coming :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The man don old oo. :ohmy:
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

bamenda boy wrote:
anointed wrote:
Does perpetuating oneself in power have anything to do with Camerounians considering also Paul Biya? Even one CE has been too long capra aegagrus hircus when he should have been retired into a pot of pepper soup.
4Q!
Wetin I do you now :?: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anointed wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
anointed wrote:
4Q!

Abi? After all, you did not specify that it was the Capra from Bamenda.... it could have been It's a Capra :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anointed wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
anointed wrote:
4Q!

Abi? After all, you did not specify that it was the Capra from Bamenda.... it could have been It's a Capra :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Thank you o Barrister Ogbunigwe. In fact, I didn't say that it was the capra that was pictured helpless with another capra inside a swimming pool and rescued by 1Naija :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Dammy wrote:

But good thing is Pinnick and Chiyangwa are friends. I expect them to lead a change in this helped by Danny Jordaan who was first person to invite Chiyangwa to south africa not Tokyo Sexwale. I am not worried about revenue now with Jordaan and Sexwales influence and their connections I expect south african powerhouse companies to ramp up sponsorship of CAF tournaments. Chiyangwa is a hustler they won't do any worse than Hayatou in terms of revenue. From my day a schoolboy caf and african tournaments were seen as something we particioated in but had little to do with us (always losing didnt help :rotf: ) but mark my words you will see more sponsorship by the powerful south african companies as they will feel some regional involvement :thumbs:
Abeg go and sit down! Chiyangwa played a vocal but minor role, read below

The conspiracy’s modus

The support base that led to the defeat of the Cameroonian was also key – an alliance forged by traditional African football giants such as Egypt (led by its FA boss Han Abo Rida), Nigeria (Amaju Pinnick), DR Congo (Constance Omari) and Ghana (Kwesi Nyantakyi) as well as the influential South Africa (Danny Jordaan).

These pillars openly rallied the other smaller, but also important, football nations around them. Liberia (Musa Bility) and Sierra Leone (Isha Johansen) did not hide their allegiances, and it was at great risk because a Hayatou win could have spelled the end of their football political careers. Special mention should be reserved for the flamboyant Zimbabwe FA head, Dr. Philip Chiyangwa, whose initial efforts at attacking Hayatou's credibility were so key to kickstarting momentum for this project.

"I and like-minded colleagues from [the Council of Southern African Football Associations, Cosafa] launched this calculated move that we needed this man out and others took us for a joke. But here we are, history has been written.”

Considered a newcomer in football circles after only being elected to head the game in Zimbabwe in 2015, his forward nature has propelled him into the consciousness of the African football elite. It was at his birthday party in Harare that the plot to unseat the Cameroonian really took form.
http://www.myjoyonline.com/sports/2017/ ... ayatou.php
For further reading by Samora

Ahmad win signals a reboot for CAF

By Colin Udoh
West Africa Editor | @ColinUdoh

Days after he returned from the FIFA Congress in Mexico, NFF president Amaju Pinnick was at the historic Onikan Stadium to watch a Nigeria Professional Football League match.

At halftime, he told a gathering of friends and a couple of reporters – off the record – that a posse of African FA presidents had come together to form a group that would challenge the status quo at CAF and shake up the organisation.

Some of his statements sounded almost unthinkable at the time, but Pinnick is a man known for his fierce determination and unwavering drive.

Not long after, he invited newly-elected FIFA President Gianni Infantino to Nigeria and hosted him with 17 African FA presidents. That was to mark the beginnings of the ‘rebellion’ against Issa Hayatou and the CAF establishment.

On Thursday in Addis Ababa, Pinnick and his group walked their talk.

Ahmad – a quiet, almost unobtrusive first term member of the CAF Executive Committee – not only soundly trounced the long-serving Hayatou, but his victory sparked a sweeping out of Hayatou loyalists from the Executive Committee.

Ahmad’s victory is a triumph of the outsiders over the entrenched old guard, and his campaign mantra of change is a clear indication of what the immediate future holds for CAF.

Once the post-election dinner was done, Ahmad and his new team retired straight to work. Their first order of business was seemingly to decide on a cabinet and then appointments into the CAF secretariat.

ALSO READ: Unmasking Ahmad Ahmad

Ahmad ran on a promise of transparency, of lifting the veil of secrecy which has pervaded CAF for so long. He promised to make CAF more inclusive, to give former players more of a say, to develop women’s football and to have a college of FA presidents involved in decision-making.

That financial transparency will be one that many will watch closely. For starters, Ahmad has made it clear that member FAs will now receive 50 percent of the allocation from FIFA. That is way more than they received under Hayatou.

In addition, one of the first orders of business will be a review of the Lagardere contract, which has got CAF in hot water with the Egyptian authorities. That could be a legal minefield to negotiate, but one Ahmad is unwilling to shy away from.

Sources close to the new CAF president also say the CAF Awards will see significant changes, with former players getting more exposure instead of being sidelined in the past.

And there are also plans to explore the expansion of the African Nations Cup to 24 teams.

Beyond all of these however, is the big picture. For nearly 30 years, CAF has been under the iron grip of Hayatou.

Make no mistake, the Cameroonian’s tenure has seen many positives in the African game. But it has also witnessed stagnation, a sense of cult-like cronyism with Hayatou as the feared father-figure benefactor, who rewards loyalty and ruthlessly decimates any signs of opposition, although he denied it in an interview with Kwesé Sports.

A Hayatou win would have cemented that culture and installed him as a lifetime godfather and kingmaker, controlling the direction of African football even in his retirement and ensuring his loyalists continue to hold African football by the jugular.

While this may not be completely a bad thing, what it would have done was close to the door to outsiders, almost for good.

Ahmad’s victory – and the manner of it – has ensured that there is now a reboot of the CAF hierarchy. The old guard have been swept away by fearless young Turks with a vision to drive the game forward.

ALSO READ: Hayatou says Ahmad promises are misleading

Based on Ahmad’s manifesto, there is some naivety about how things are done at that level. And there will be mistakes made in the early months. But there must be a willingness to learn from those mistakes, and consult widely, even with Hayatou if need be.

In the end, what will matter most to the African football family is that Ahmad and his team keep the key promises they have made. And the most important of that is to open African football to all.

http://www.kwesesports.com/african-spor ... eboot-caf/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Why he bit the dust
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Samora Machel wrote:Does anyone know why Moise Katumbi Chapwe wasnt involvèd in this. He is a Tokyo sexwale/chiyangwa type person involved in business moved into football and politics. I think as owner of TP mazembe he would win this at a canter by buying every vote :rotf: Congo are honourary members of cosafa and sometimes bet invitee status

I would not be surprised if his hidden hand was in the shadows somewhere.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube