Egypt's Role and Hayatou's Ouster

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Egypt's Role and Hayatou's Ouster

Post by Enugu II »

According to insider reports from various sites, the man who led the Ahmad group meetings was not Chinyangwa but Egypt's Abou-Rida. Abou-Rida, a friend of Hayatou, led the move to house Ahmad's group at the Hilton (not any of the two CAF designated hotels) in order to ease the meetings. There are other stories emerging on the ouster of Hayatou and the behind the scene events.
Abou-Rida: With the government’s backing, Egypt proved its power in Africa
By Mohamed Farouk Posted on March 17, 2017
http://www.kingfut.com/2017/03/17/abou- ... er-africa/

Hany Abou-Rida, Abou-Rida
Photo: EFA

Egypt Football Association chairman, Hany Abou-Rida, talked about the role Egypt played in the success of Ahmad Ahmad in the CAF presidential elections.
EFA chairman, Hany Abou-Rida, talked to ONSport channel saying: “Egypt has still got influence and power inside the continent because we had a huge part in the elections as we had the support of the government which I thank them for.”
Ahmad Ahmad’s campaign to win the CAF presidential elections was supported by Hany Abou-Rida and Egypt’s FA. The announcement was made yesterday after Ahmad won 34-20 unseating Issa Hayatou.
Abou-Rida then commented on Issa Hayatou’s loss saying: “I wished that Hayatou would leave his post in a better way because of our relationship, but in the end we looked for Egypt as well as Africa’s benefit and that’s why chose Ahmad.”
The EFA’s head and ex-FIFA executive committee member then talked about the FIFA executive committee elections saying: “I agreed with Infantino (FIFA president) to postpone the elections to May; I feel very confident because the team that supports me as well as the Africans’ trust in me.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Egypt's Role and Hayatou's Ouster

Post by Kabalega »

So all he did was host the Ahmad group at a separate hotel and that makes him the man behind the Ahmad's success?
Abou-Rida had better have done more than that because Chinyangwa did more and was there from the start.

This is a case of everyone trying to associate themselves with winners which is OK but don't knock other's contribution while at it.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

To remove Hayatou, the long serving CAF President, you need huge resources and I doubt if the Zimbabwean FA Chairman had the resources to carry out the job. He certainly made noise though.
I am happy
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote:So all he did was host the Ahmad group at a separate hotel and that makes him the man behind the Ahmad's success?
Abou-Rida had better have done more than that because Chinyangwa did more and was there from the start.

This is a case of everyone trying to associate themselves with winners which is OK but don't knock other's contribution while at it.
:agree:

from what I've read so far, this seems to make more sense

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

tfco wrote:
Kabalega wrote:So all he did was host the Ahmad group at a separate hotel and that makes him the man behind the Ahmad's success?

from what I've read so far, this seems to make more sense
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Kabalega it's funny how everyone now claims to be a key player yet we never heard them speak publicly till it was safe. The fool Chiyangwa spoke out openly from get go. He was even Ahmads campaign manager for crying out loud.

The one West african guy to support Ahmad when nobody did was Bility from sierra Leone
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Chiyangwa speaking beginning of February once Ahamad had Cosafa vote and then cecafa vote Chiyangwa knew Ahmad was winning easily

Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Samora Machel wrote:

Kabalega it's funny how everyone now claims to be a key player yet we never heard them speak publicly till it was safe. The fool Chiyangwa spoke out openly from get go. He was even Ahmads campaign manager for crying out loud.

The one West african guy to support Ahmad when nobody did was Bility from sierra Leone
Liberia was also openly against Hayatou.

Pinnick also pulled a lot of strings. He even hosted FA presidents and some FIFA honchos.

Egypt host CAF and probably had to be diplomatic. But the court case against Hayatou was a problem and Hany Abou-Rida saw an opportunity to get a FIFA post.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

A combination of many things contributed to Hayatou's defeat. If you can read french http://afriquefoot.rfi.fr/20170317-foot ... ayatou-caf
The most important according those who were there, Hayatou did not campaign so he did not present his plan for the future while the winner met the head of every single delegation and presented a sound plan in a hall of his peers. Amad himself was surprised which led to his tears. Mind you the winner spoke in English, French, and tried in Spanish. Most importantly he was backed by Infatino.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

They are all coming out of the woodwork.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Dammy wrote:To remove Hayatou, the long serving CAF President, you need huge resources and I doubt if the Zimbabwean FA Chairman had the resources to carry out the job. He certainly made noise though.

Chiyangwa was was a front for Sexwale whose pockets are very deep.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Gudo wrote:
Dammy wrote:To remove Hayatou, the long serving CAF President, you need huge resources and I doubt if the Zimbabwean FA Chairman had the resources to carry out the job. He certainly made noise though.

Chiyangwa was was a front for Sexwale whose pockets are very deep.
:clap:

Plus it takes a crook to remove a crook, and Chiyangwa was right at home here :biggrin:
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

The whole plot was hatched and solidified here in Nigeria, when Pinnic was being insulted for Inviting Infanino. The Ahmed Ahmed group were the ones here. Even Hayatou and his main henchmen were missing. Pinnic even said so, in his thank you speech,
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.