LEICESTER CITY EYE ETEBO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
LEICESTER CITY EYE ETEBO

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... _eye_Etebo

Looks like he's drawing some interest from Leicester and fenebache in Turkey but why is he not performing in Portugal? What position is he playing at Ferense? Dude hasn't matched the hype since turning pro, yet people want to hand him a starting shirt on SE over Onazi and Ndidi.

Is he a CM,AM, or Support striker? He made gut need to pick one.
OCCUPY NFF!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: LEICESTER CITY EYE ETEBO

Post by walesvilla »

Good luck to him and Leicester. Pray not another Musa o. England is not for the faint hearted . What has he really done in Portugal?. Let's forget about all those age graded exploits. .me I talk my own o
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Leicester City transfer rumours: Nigeria winger Peter Etebo monitored

By JBlackwell | Posted: March 15, 2017

Reported Leicester City target Peter Etebo celebrates his second goal of four against Japan at the Olympics.

Leicester City are tracking Nigerian international winger Peter Etebo, according to reports.

The 21-year-old, who plays for Feirense, mid-table in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, has been attracting interest from around Europe since his four-goal haul in Nigeria's 5-4 win over Japan at the Olympics in August.

Now a full international alongside the likes Ahmed Musa and Wilfred Ndidi, Etebo has been tracked throughout the season by City and Turkish giants Fenerbahce, according to Portuguese paper A Bola.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leice ... story.html
I am happy
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I remember telling the Etebo bandwagon a few months ago...beware of freak performance in single games. People here were talking as if all he needed was the eagles jersey, and it would be 4 goals all day, every game. The comment in the article about his production since the Olympics is spot on.

Guy has a lot of energy which can only help us...but I'm yet to see this world conquering talent people speak of
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Etebo will hold his own at any club in the world. That's how much I rate his talent and heart. I wish him the best.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cally wrote:Etebo will hold his own at any club in the world. That's how much I rate his talent and heart. I wish him the best.
No bruv. Relax. Before you start talking "any club", how many goals has he scored at Farense first... Does anyone here know his best position on the field? I watched him in Brazil play essentially as a support striker. The other day on CE, people were talking about him as Onazi's partner in defensive midfield. I have never seen that drastic of a position switch in such a short period of time
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

deanotito wrote:
Cally wrote:Etebo will hold his own at any club in the world. That's how much I rate his talent and heart. I wish him the best.
No bruv. Relax. Before you start talking "any club", how many goals has he scored at Farense first... Does anyone here know his best position on the field? I watched him in Brazil play essentially as a support striker. The other day on CE, people were talking about him as Onazi's partner in defensive midfield. I have never seen that drastic of a position switch in such a short period of time
He is the Gareth Bale of Nigerian football, he can play a variety of positions and that is why he is so highly rated and not because he scored 4 goals in one match.
I am happy
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Etebo would fit right in at any club in the world! Arsenal, Manu, Chelsea etc would be lucky to have a player of his calibre
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Etebo had an assist and scored the winning goal for his team tonight in their 3-2 victory over Chaves.
I am happy
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Dammy wrote:Etebo had an assist and scored the winning goal for his team tonight in their 3-2 victory over Chaves.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:agree:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:Etebo had an assist and scored the winning goal for his team tonight in their 3-2 victory over Chaves.

TBH, Etebo's performance should not be based on goals but based on effort and play. It is like evaluating Kante based on number of goals scored. To me, the 4 goals in Rio were unexpected. He is not a striker.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Bros Wengabe when will you leave Assnal for good? A Co-worker of mine and avid fan of the club called in sick the other day just to stay up and watch the match against West brom...only to be regret his decision :evil:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote:

TBH, Etebo's performance should not be based on goals but based on effort and play. It is like evaluating Kante based on number of goals scored. To me, the 4 goals in Rio were unexpected. He is not a striker.

Kai see as they're now moving the goal post and putting it in the dressing room. How should we measure a player that's listed as a forward? Number of saves,clearances or interceptions? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Gotti wrote:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

deanotito wrote:
You are just trolling......................What is your point?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

wale1974 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
You are just trolling......................What is your point?
I certainly rate Etebo but Deanotito does have a point. The risk of being too versatile could make one a jack of all trades and expert at none. Personally, I feel the best value from his talent lies in midfield if he is able to concentrate on the box to box CM position. In that role, he has everything but needs to improve his ball control and passing. I'm nitpicking a bit but compared to the player we would love to see him become, those are areas for improvement. All other attributes are well covered (work rate, tackling, shooting, etc).
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Enugu II wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Have you ever watched Etebo play?
He is nothing like Kante.
He is more like Alli or Lampard. Goalscoring is core to his game
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
He is the Gareth Bale of Nigerian football, he can play a variety of positions and that is why he is so highly rated and not because he scored 4 goals in one match.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Etebo is a fine player, he has everything in his locker( especially wearing the green) Hopefully he remains in midfield be it CM DM or AM..bobo nah beast
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:

THIS!!!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

smartbrother wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

And his point flies right over your clueless head as usual. :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

smartbrother wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Unfortunately, you badly missed the point. :roll: Nothing else to add.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics