The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by balo »

Arsene should sign to stay on. That's my guess of what will happen since your management doesn't feel like sacking him.

A few signings, and a top 4 finish next season will change fans' opinions yet again.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

balo wrote:Arsene should sign to stay on. That's my guess of what will happen since your management doesn't feel like sacking him.

A few signings, and a top 4 finish next season will change fans' opinions yet again.
Santi is coming back like a brand new signing. Plus possibly Wilshere, so that makes 2 marquee signings.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
balo wrote:Arsene should sign to stay on. That's my guess of what will happen since your management doesn't feel like sacking him.

Santi is coming back like a brand new signing. Plus possibly Wilshere, so that makes 2 marquee signings.

Them coming back is useless. I remmber seeing wenger coming into the dressing room and belerin probably tweeting and still playing with a device even when his Manger was in the dressing room.

The team lacks commintment and seriousness under wenger. Players coming back will not change anything.

Fergeson will not tolerate that from players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

na wow o :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Well, an announcement will be soon on Wenger's decision. If the rumours are true, then a lot of people here will be very disappointed.
What most of these clowns do not realise is their negativity which is not helping results is not helping their own cause either, there is a better chance of AW leaving if Arsenal results improve and we finish in the top 4. AW is not the sort of man who will want to leave Arsenal (His life's work for 20 years) in the current state we are in.
Blaming fans now!!!!??
keep losing - just smile Zenlike - positive energy!!!!
Oh, the leader looks out of his depth - his team keeps losing - take a deep breathe he's been handsomely paid for 20odd yrs - worry about his feelings - hug each other.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Not long after rumors about Boro Primorac to Turkey came out - an interview with some Balkan mag leaked claiming AW will not be leaving - all b4 WBA

Now leaks to papers on the eve of the international break is a coward move.
We are at a point where Gooners took their sense of entitlement to East Midlands flying dueling messages above the pitch.
What i read in these comment pages amount to a peeing contest - more about 'gotcha' than the club
AW's fitness for the job with clear tactical shortcomings determinedly avoided - Arsenal steering into the Abyss.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Well, an announcement will be soon on Wenger's decision. If the rumours are true, then a lot of people here will be very disappointed.
What most of these clowns do not realise is their negativity which is not helping results is not helping their own cause either, there is a better chance of AW leaving if Arsenal results improve and we finish in the top 4. AW is not the sort of man who will want to leave Arsenal (His life's work for 20 years) in the current state we are in.
The clowns are the supporters blinded by the illusion that AW is still a good manager.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

It looks like it's bad news guys. Nothing official has been said but there are strong rumours that Arsene has already signed on for another 2 years. I am guessing maybe they will make it official during the international break.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Gudo wrote:It looks like it's bad news guys. Nothing official has been said but there are strong rumours that Arsene has already signed on for another 2 years. I am guessing maybe they will make it official during the international break.
Sounds more likely.......talk about falling on his own sword..... :lol:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

How many game until those 2 are out for extended period of time? Wilshere must be sold. He is not material for a top 4 team. Santi career as a main contributor for a top 4 team is done. I see him at best as a part time player going forward.
Bepanda
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

osita wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Them coming back is useless. I remmber seeing wenger coming into the dressing room and belerin probably tweeting and still playing with a device even when his Manger was in the dressing room.

The team lacks commintment and seriousness under wenger. Players coming back will not change anything.

Fergeson will not tolerate that from players.
what do you mean "useless"? How about all the years Diaby, Rosicky, Coq, Jenkinson, etc came back as barnd new signings and took us to the next level?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

That would be the saddest day in my history as an Arsenal fan.
Gudo wrote:It looks like it's bad news guys. Nothing official has been said but there are strong rumours that Arsene has already signed on for another 2 years. I am guessing maybe they will make it official during the international break.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

bepanda wrote:That would be the saddest day in my history as an Arsenal fan.

BBC rumors page says 1 year extension.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

realtrouble wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
The clowns are the supporters blinded by the illusion that AW is still a good manager.
I think the players are doing a Leicester on Wenger.

Now Ranieri won the league but i do not know what happened, him getting the sack does not mean he is a bad manager, it just means at that point in time, he couldn't get the players to perform. See how the players picked up when he left, same for Mourinho at Chelsea.

As much as we blame the manager for, a lot of blame goes to the players and they are not even trying.

The annoying thing about the last game was that you could blatantly tell the players were not interested, no fighting spirit. They are not playing for the manager, or even to help the manager or take pressure off him. They probably know what they are doing. Unfortunately Wenger shielded them through good times and bad times and this is how they repay him.

Football is about 2 things, manager and players. If the manager is good and he has players who are willing to put themselves on the line like Ferguson did towards the end of this time at united then great, if the manager is bad and he still has committed players who want to give their all, then they can still do reasonably well. Now if you have any type of manager who has players that do not want to mess up their hair when they play or even break a sweat, then the team will struggle. This is exactly what happened to Mourinho at Chelsea (doesn't make him a bad manager), Ranieri at Leicester (same) and now Wenger (unfortunately).

Wenger is not a bad manager, he just cannot get the players to perform as they should and they players choose not to perform for him.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

He will move the useless players along nicely and build a new team
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I think having Wenger leave at the end of this season is too precipitous
a step. Careful planning for a successful transition will at least take another
season to put in place. Meanwhile, Wenger can right the ship and burnish
his legacy (I don't think his legacy needs salvaging, not at this point at
least). Wenger deserves way more respect than to be sacked or pressured to
leave. Most fans have been patient with him up to this point. Giving him
the benefit of one year or two, given his tremendous contribution to the
club is not asking too much in my opinion.

For those who are hell bent on seeing Wenger leave, I say this. Wenger will
leave soon. Whether it is at the end of the season, the next one or the one
after that. You will get what you want. However, for all our sakes and for
the good of the club I pray that Wenger leaves with dignity and respect at
a time when the club is ready for the transition. And not before.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:

'clowns'? You disagree with them, fair enough...don't dismiss their actions/concerns as if they're without merit.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We've become the circus clown the circus is scared to laugh with & very uncomfortable laughing at.
There's a lot said about us being Big business with great aptitude for generating profits but the very clear narrative is we are a club run along the lines of a cult - with a board unresponsive to the clients(the fans). Board members duck owning this story & shaping the narrative the way cabinet members of a dictator can relate to.
The reason many are calling out for a change is pretty obvious - we have a gaffer whose consistency is non-delivery of acceptable results - yet some argue he should be giving time to right the ship. It's the most absurd reason to get a contract extension.
We've otherwise 'sick players' Ozil & Alexis looking like they'll be representing their countries over the international break which brings to mind possibilities of Insubordination in our dressing room.
When one reads that the sponsor of the "Wenger In' sign flown over the WBA match is related to a board member & all links thru Hong Kong - one thinks Imelda Marcos shenanigans & damn, that's long way from anti Bernard Tapie. Power corrupts(no doubt about it).
That the gaffer had to drop a hint about an already taken decision after a loss was crass then leaks galore during the international break doesn't come from a place of confidence - we have a forge of sorts. We pride ourselves as that club full of integrity but what's increasingly clear is that Shameless, the TV show is down our alley.
Our board & AW are classless to the core.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Don't despair folks. Arsenal ladies destroyed toto ladies 10-0. That should be some good news.

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/161 ... ham-report
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

bepanda wrote:How many game until those 2 are out for extended period of time? Wilshere must be sold. He is not material for a top 4 team. Santi career as a main contributor for a top 4 team is done. I see him at best as a part time player going forward.
Bepanda
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

You are on your own :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: We (AW, The Board and Waffi) are in POWER.
Whether you like it or not, Santi, BFG and Wilshere are new signings. Coq is better than Fabregas.

Any player that shows insubordination (e.g., Sanchez) will be sold for a hefty amount, which we will deposit in the bank and use a fraction to sign Sturridge, or even Joey Barton. After all, Alexis barely runs, and covers very few kilometers.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nkume wrote:Don't despair folks. Arsenal ladies destroyed toto ladies 10-0. That should be some good news.

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/161 ... ham-report

we don't care. I would have been happy had Oshoala remained and scored all 10 goals.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Has anyone heard Piers Morgan ripped Wenger and Arsenal apart on Talksport recently? Highly recommended...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ebyboy wrote:I think having Wenger leave at the end of this season is too precipitous
a step. Careful planning for a successful transition will at least take another
season to put in place. Meanwhile, Wenger can right the ship and burnish
his legacy (I don't think his legacy needs salvaging, not at this point at
least). Wenger deserves way more respect than to be sacked or pressured to
leave. Most fans have been patient with him up to this point. Giving him
the benefit of one year or two, given his tremendous contribution to the
club is not asking too much in my opinion.

For those who are hell bent on seeing Wenger leave, I say this. Wenger will
leave soon. Whether it is at the end of the season, the next one or the one
after that. You will get what you want. However, for all our sakes and for
the good of the club I pray that Wenger leaves with dignity and respect at
a time when the club is ready for the transition. And not before.
He has been trying to right the ship for over 12 years, all i see is the ship like the titanic heading dangerously towards the glaciers while the mugunners sing Nearer my God to thee and the board on their part clicking glasses of champaigne all wearing their life jackets while boasting...nothing can sink our boat abi na ship. E go do all mugunners like film trick...ewu Gunners bank Fc :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho