[TBL] Boro (1-3) Man United [Fella, Jesse, Ant] WE ARE FIFTH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Boro (1-3) Man United [Fella, Jesse, Ant] WE ARE F

Post by marko »

I'll happily take the 3 points, scrappy game, players fatigued, without zlatan, pogba and Herrera who are quite influential, Arsenal will wish they can win like this, we will certainly rise up the tables, now we have broken that 6th jinx, we have not lost in a long time, that's progress, fair enough we played too many draws which we should have won, if we can qualify for champions league, Mourinho will have to sell some players and get 2 or 3 more, likely candidates to go, Rooney, Shaw, smelling, Young
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Makes our win even better after watching city and Liverpool share points
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Next 3 games against west briom, Sunderland and Everton, games we need to win in order to keep up the pace with the top 4, if we win our next 2 games, we should climb up to 4th spot

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Next 3 games against west briom, Sunderland and Everton, games we need to win in order to keep up the pace with the top 4, if we win our next 2 games, we should climb up to 4th spot
i think zlatan has retired from International football - good

pogba will prob miss France friendlies due to 'injury'

Herrera should be back as well.

Dear Jose, please sell Jones and Smalling this summer

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Next 3 games against west briom, Sunderland and Everton, games we need to win in order to keep up the pace with the top 4, if we win our next 2 games, we should climb up to 4th spot

Jose will likely sell close to 6 players!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wanaj0 wrote:
tfco wrote:

Jose will likely sell close to 6 players!
Should have done that before he started.
I think reality hit him during the Peterborough game was it, he stood there looking like he had been hit by a train.

But it will be hard to get rid of the English contingent, it will most likely be people like Blind, Bastien etc.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

To compete in Europe and the premiership, we need about 5- 6 new players, players that need to leave, lingard, Shaw, young, smalling, Basten, carrick, Rooney, it is that bad, we need a massive investment unless we can't compete in Europe

Marko
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]marko[/color] wrote: To compete in Europe and the premiership, we need about 5- 6 new players, players that need to leave, lingard, Shaw, young, smalling, Basten, carrick, Rooney, it is that bad, we need a massive investment unless we can't compete in Europe
This is not the Scottish league. It is called the Premier League.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:To compete in Europe and the premiership, we need about 5- 6 new players, players that need to leave, lingard, Shaw, young, smalling, Basten, carrick, Rooney, it is that bad, we need a massive investment unless we can't compete in Europe
those away games, you need some british blood.

Lingard, as frustrating as he is, can be coached

Young was my MoM today. Quietly went about his business.

Carrick deffo has to stay. Leadership, maturity and backup to Herrera. Captain material

That LB position is up for grabs though. Any number of players can be deployed - Blind, Rojo, Young, Darmian, Shaw

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf: at Jose finishing the game with 4 central defenders, 6 defenders, and no striker on the pitch. Typical Jose.

Credit to the much maligned Fellaini and Young for combining to open the scoring. That Young cross-Fellaini header combo was one of the potent weapons of the LVG era.

What was the Gestede -v- Bailly bust-up about? There were some "afters" between the players in the tunnel too: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 38056.html
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Wow Manu could end up being 3rd pretty soon. They have two games in hand.

They face Brom at Home.

Arsenal also have two games in hand, but they will face City next (who have 1 game in hand). Then City will square up against Chelsea AWAY...they are toast. Arsenal will face the hammers, who always know how to score even in defeat.

If Manu can just figure out how to get past the nightmare that is Everton. They will even face bottom feeders Sunderland after that.

I would much rather Manu making headway than City, Arsenal or Pool. But Manu need to up their attacking game.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We played too many winnable draws, if we had won all these draws, we should be fighting Chelsea for the title, it's too late night, we have only lost 3 games, we need to win our 2 game in hand before we play the top guns again, also the international break comes at a right time, the players need to rest

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote::rotf: at Jose finishing the game with 4 central defenders, 6 defenders, and no striker on the pitch. Typical Jose.

Credit to the much maligned Fellaini and Young for combining to open the scoring. That Young cross-Fellaini header combo was one of the potent weapons of the LVG era.

What was the Gestede -v- Bailly bust-up about? There were some "afters" between the players in the tunnel too: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 38056.html
I do agree that Young should be playing more on the left side, he delivery is better than a Martial in that position and he also has a trick or 2 up his sleeves, like I said felliani first touch is probably the best in the premiership, the way he brings the ball down in tight spaces, classic

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

First touch may be 100% but please watch him during a game

what does he do when he receives the ball? Mikel-style sideways pass

off the ball movement. just lumbering around

seriously, this guy has regressed from the beast he was at Everton.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

marko wrote:We played too many winnable draws, if we had won all these draws, we should be fighting Chelsea for the title, it's too late night, we have only lost 3 games, we need to win our 2 game in hand before we play the top guns again, also the international break comes at a right time, the players need to rest
Honestly wouldn't take it that far.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Lager-back wrote:
marko wrote:We played too many winnable draws, if we had won all these draws, we should be fighting Chelsea for the title, it's too late night, we have only lost 3 games, we need to win our 2 game in hand before we play the top guns again, also the international break comes at a right time, the players need to rest
Honestly wouldn't take it that far.
2nd, not 1st

Burnley
AFCB
Arsenal

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Fellaini is played mostly in his worst position (DM) and not enough in his best position (AM). He is best doing what he did yesterday (getting into the box at the far post to head in crosses). If Fellaini played as an AM in the same team as peak Beckham, he would wreak havoc with those pinpoint crosses by Becks.
tfco wrote:First touch may be 100% but please watch him during a game

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Fellaini is played mostly in his worst position (DM) and not enough in his best position (AM). He is best doing what he did yesterday (getting into the box at the far post to head in crosses). If Fellaini played as an AM in the same team as peak Beckham, he would wreak havoc with those pinpoint crosses by Becks.
tfco wrote:First touch may be 100% but please watch him during a game

I agree, DM is not his favored position, at Everton he was an AM, even during LVG reign, there was a period where he was on top form and scoring a lot, with Zlatan and Pogba, they both have to p,Au when fit and Mourinho will not sub them, just hope with the late run in Felliani scores a couple more goals

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Fellaini has now scored against 20 different EPL teams (not bad for a player derided as a donkey):
What impresses me about him is that he tends to score very important goals:

*2014: equalised against WBA two minutes after coming on as a substitute
*2015: scored in Manchester derby to put Utd ahead after they went 0-1 down at home to Man City
*2015: scored last minute goal against Club Bruge in Champions League
*2015: scored against Everton in FA cup semi-final
*2017: scored late goal against Hull in EFL Cup semi-final
marko wrote: I agree, DM is not his favored position, at Everton he was an AM, even during LVG reign, there was a period where he was on top form and scoring a lot, with Zlatan and Pogba, they both have to p,Au when fit and Mourinho will not sub them, just hope with the late run in Felliani scores a couple more goals