TAMMY ABRAHAM ✭ THE TERMINATOR ✭ Skills & Goals ✭ 2016-2017

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TAMMY ABRAHAM ✭ THE TERMINATOR ✭ Skills & Goals ✭ 2016-2

Post by green4life »

Just watched the clips. Definitely a clear improvement from playing against kids to playing against men. His main strengths are his size, ball control and pace but he still looks quite raw in those clips relative to what Chelsea is working with. That said, I expect Conte to bring him into the first team next season where he will have his work cut out for him just to make the bench regularly. Nevertheless, his talent is unquestioned and if there's even a remote chance that we can get him, the NFF should pull all stops and close the deal.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

oloye wrote:You guys never learn. I remember watching Uchebo on youtube and drooling...until...as they say the rest is history. People were hyping Aina, i have watched the guy a couple of times and i am wondering if i am watching another Aina. This time last year it was Ejaria..like typical english product he has not been able to navigate or find the gear to the next level. And please dont get me started on the Aibee noise. I watched Tammy last friday..all i saw was a decent player at a level that cannot be said to be the top. Someone is already calling him the best striker we've got...wao! If i may ask on what basis? Banging goals at the top of EPL or Nationwide? Yes we can invite him since he plays regularly but be wary of english products...they have no second level value.

Look at the pathetic state of Aibee at Bournemouth his second level is the bench....
Oloye, that was your mistake then. Most people on this site said Uchebo was not good enough for the National team. We fought each other like crazy on this site over the World Cup list and several people including my humble self kept hampering that 6 or 7 players in the final 23 to the 2014 World Cup had no business anywhere near a Nigerian National team & Uchebo was consistently on every list.

Let us allow Stephen Keshi rest in peace. He has made major contributions to our football, and also made his mistakes. I am also not in the mood to be opening dictionary while trying to respond to a Gotti attack.

As for Tammy Abraham, he is checking all the right boxes. He is young, he is good, he is playing at a high level (I rate the championship higher than all but about 10 leagues in Europe), and he can score goals. We should fight for him like Crazy. Fight like we should have fought for Alaba. We got Iwobi & I think we will enjoy that benefit over the next decade and a half. Let us fight for Tammy Abraham.

Yes, he is up there among our top arrowhead options. His size and ability to pass and dribble a bit could make him fit into our team. Rohr has shown that he can sometimes sacrifice the traditional top 9 to fit in his best players as with the Algeria game & like Spain did sometimes in their most successful era (even though it could be argued that Nacho was the top 9 in that game).

I think Ideye is our best leading striker. He is experienced, he holds up play well, passes well, heads well, great with combination play & he is getting better with scoring goals (even though his preference for finesse over just banging it in can be frustrating at times). We have to wait and see what to make of his move to China in terms of his form & how Rohr responds to it.

After that you have a number of bright prospects that have not performed and delivered consistently at a high level. Aaron Samuel (who is either injured or making bad career moves), Victor Osimhen & who else?

Nacho is a sure starter, but is lacks many attributes of a top 9 & is best utilized as a support striker. Isaac Success is averaging 3 goals a season (I think I'm being generous) is pretty much a winger these days. The likes of Taiwo Awoniyi, Fred Friday, Fanendo Adi & Gbolahan Salami need to blow up their leagues for multiple seasons before they should be called. I do not rate Kayode but I hope he proves me & his other doubters wrong.

Then there is Tammy Abraham. On the books of Chelsea. Loaned out the get some experience and passing in flying colours. Don't be surprised if Emenalo and Conte cool on Lukaku if Everton make ridiculous demands and call Tammy Abraham back.

The other players on the books of Chelsea (Moses, Omeruo) start for us. Tammy is good enough to be on the team as at today.

My record on this site is not to call players to the National team based on Youtube clips. I was shouting for Ikeme when he was in League 1 despite constant yabbis on here. We should fight for Tammy.

In the same vein, Godfrey Oboabona and Sone Aluko deserve a recall!
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

To be fair the Chelsea coaches think Abraham is the most likely of their young players to "make it". Championship fans also routinely rate Abraham as the most exciting young player in the league: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... istol-city
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:In the same vein, Godfrey Oboabona and Sone Aluko deserve a recall!
Aluko has been in good form of late.

No idea what Obabona is up to atm...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Alaba was ours, by accounts he wanted to play for us..maybe even more so than the likes of Victor Moses and Iwobi!

we simply were not paying attention.

Tammy is a different situation, he may not want to play for Nigeria.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marutimon wrote:Still think Abraham would be an upgrade on everyone we've played as a striker in the past couple of years. Iheanacho is ahead od him, possibly Osimhen, but he would be a great take.
As great a fan of Osimhen that I am, I'm not quite sure how he can be said to be 'ahead' of Abraham in his football development.
On what basis?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:Still think Abraham would be an upgrade on everyone we've played as a striker in the past couple of years. Iheanacho is ahead od him, possibly Osimhen, but he would be a great take.
As great a fan of Osimhen that I am, I'm not quite sure how he can be said to be 'ahead' of Abraham in his football development.
On what basis?
I didn't say he's ahead. I said possibly. He's obviously got the talent, but until he finally manages to play against adults we don't really now his talent level. He could be instant gold, he may not be.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marutimon wrote:
Damunk wrote:
On what basis?
I didn't say he's ahead. I said possibly. He's obviously got the talent, but until he finally manages to play against adults we don't really now his talent level. He could be instant gold, he may not be.
:thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Damunk wrote:
On what basis?
What's happened to that lank striker who scored goals at the Olympics? I think he was at Roma, not sure....
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Damunk wrote:
On what basis?
What's happened to that lank striker who scored goals at the Olympics? I think he was at Roma, not sure....
Umar Sadiq, is loan from Roma to Bologna, was injured and came back from injury in the past few months. He has been on the bench and maybe a couple of cameo roles.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

So far Sadiq Umar is more Crouch or Uchebo than Drogba / Ibrahimovic.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
THE DREAM: Tammy Abraham & Special Skills

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: THE DREAM: Tammy Abraham & Special Skills

Post by metalalloy »

His close ball control is very good, shades of Kanu but an arguably faster version. It would be great if we could get this guy.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy has clearly stated that he wants to play for England. Na Westin naw? Na by force? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Damunk wrote:
On what basis?
There are many players with talent who we can possibly be better than Messi. :boo: Until they prove it then its all conjecture.
There is no point even mentioning Osimhen cos he is not playing at the level of Abraham at the moment.
I think we have a good chance of getting him if the right approches are made. It is unlikely that he will get into the senior England squad anytime soon unless he starts playing and scoring in the EPL. Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Sturridge, Rashford, Andy Carroll and now a resurgent Jermaine Defoe are ahead of him. There is however a danger that they will try and convince him to hold out especially as it is clear now that Nigeria is actively recruiting English bred players. Also he may think there might be a pathway for him with Gareth Southgate, an ex u21 coach now managing the England senior team.
Whatevr the case we need to actively pursue the guy. He is the REAL DEAL!
YNWA
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

heavyd wrote:
Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Damunk wrote:
On what basis?
There are many players with talent who we can possibly be better than Messi. :boo: Until they prove it then its all conjecture.
There is no point even mentioning Osimhen cos he is not playing at the level of Abraham at the moment.
I think we have a good chance of getting him if the right approches are made. It is unlikely that he will get into the senior England squad anytime soon unless he starts playing and scoring in the EPL. Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Sturridge, Rashford, Andy Carroll and now a resurgent Jermaine Defoe are ahead of him. There is however a danger that they will try and convince him to hold out especially as it is clear now that Nigeria is actively recruiting English bred players. Also he may think there might be a pathway for him with Gareth Southgate, an ex u21 coach now managing the England senior team.
Whatevr the case we need to actively pursue the guy. He is the REAL DEAL!
I said the same thing wrt Aina and Abraham several months ago. And I was right on Aina. :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=275603&p=4895968&hi ... e#p4895968
The YeyeMan wrote:The question may be whether England chooses him. The likelihood of Abraham breaking into the Chelsea first team, let alone the England team by 2018 is very remote as things stand. So another question to ask is whether he'd be a useful addition to Nigeria given all the existing options.

It's for this reason I have a hunch that Ola Aina for example would choose Nigeria over England.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

I dont think I am reaching here, but I just had a look at Ola Aina's insta page, he has a pic of him with Iheanacho in Training gear. If you look at the comments you see Tammy salute him on this, I have a feeling that Tammy must surely be in the works.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

ikemba_nacho wrote:I dont think I am reaching here, but I just had a look at Ola Aina's insta page, he has a pic of him with Iheanacho in Training gear. If you look at the comments you see Tammy salute him on this, I have a feeling that Tammy must surely be in the works.
Interesting... :thumb:
YNWA