UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL DRAWS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL DRAWS

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:Now the two teams that play similar facing each other.
A Madrid will need to be in top form to knock out Leicester.
Good thing return leg is in Leicester,get a good result away and do what you do best at King power stadium

I think it's not a good draw for Leicester.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Purity wrote:Juve in top form.. Juve will eliminate Barca..
Bayern will eliminate Real (Tricky though)
Dortmund will beat Monaco
Atletico will beat Laicester.

Juve, Bayern, Dortmund and Atletico will progress.

Unless the 4 FIFA officials are drugged prior to the game starting
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:
Good thing return leg is in Leicester,get a good result away and do what you do best at King power stadium

Which draw would have been good for them?...
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Poor Leicester, they look like gnats among giants...seems they rode out their luck on this one,but who knows? They just might pull another miracle like they did in the premier leagie last season. This is some interesting/intense fixture, clash of the giants as usual!!! I see a Bayern vs RM final..
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chimex101 wrote:Poor Leicester, they look like gnats among giants...seems they rode out their luck on this one,but who knows? They just might pull another miracle like they did in the premier leagie last season. This is some interesting/intense fixture, clash of the giants as usual!!! I see a Bayern vs RM final..

Poor Leicester? No. If they play like they have lately, with zero fear, they have their own qualities too. When guys like Zidane and Buffon say that Leicester should be feared, there's some substance behind that. I underestimated the English champs...never again.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chimex101 wrote:Poor Leicester, they look like gnats among giants...seems they rode out their luck on this one,but who knows? They just might pull another miracle like they did in the premier leagie last season. This is some interesting/intense fixture, clash of the giants as usual!!! I see a Bayern vs RM final..
How can you see Bayern vs Real final when they are playing each other in the quarter final?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:

Poor Leicester? No. If they play like they have lately, with zero fear, they have their own qualities too. When guys like Zidane and Buffon say that Leicester should be feared, there's some substance behind that. I underestimated the English champs...never again.
No mind him,i remember same was said when they face Sevilla in round of 16.Atletico is a better team but they will find it hard when they face a physical team like Leicester.If Leicester go for it with no fear it will be a close game that can go either way.A.Madrid are not in some great form as it stand
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote: Champions League QF draw, you mumu!
welcome back..after your mourning

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:

No mind him,i remember same was said when they face Sevilla in round of 16.Atletico is a better team but they will find it hard when they face a physical team like Leicester.If Leicester go for it with no fear it will be a close game that can go either way.A.Madrid are not in some great form as it stand
Athletico is a better team than Sevilla? Maybe last season. This season Sevilla is 3rd in La Liga and has a five point advantage, they beat Athletico at home.

Athletico is probably the best draw Leicester could hope for. It's not one of the big three (Bayern, Real, Barcelona), Juventus is just a step behind those three, Borussia and Monaco are on fire attackingwise, while Athletico isn't exactly lighting anything up.

If Leicester could beat Sevilla, then they can beat Athletico.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:

Which draw would have been good for them?...

Dortmund or Monaco.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Leicester play a typical English counter attacking, fast paced game that most European sides don't like, Athletico Madrid can match them but you should never rule any team out at this stage, they have come into form at the right time, o certainly will be watching both legs
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: welcome back..after your mourning
Mourn the exit of an English team? Moi??? You should have seen me when the Monaco 3rd goal went it!! You would have thought I was a Monaco WE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Negro, you don't know me, know how I follow football, or know anything! :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.naijiant.com/
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
Champions League QF draw, you mumu!

You dey mind tfco? The boy no get shame! Uefa Cup? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote: Mourn the exit of an English team? Moi???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Stan.
Stop.Your.Lies

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Atletico Madrid* v Leicester City - Leicester will be steamrolled by Atleti. I say 5-1 aggregate. 1-1 draw at the King Power and a 4-0 romp by Atletico at home.

Borussia Dortmund* v Monaco - This one will be 10-10 on aggregate. Away goals will decide it. Can't say who will progress but if I had to pick one, I would pick Dortmund.

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid* - Real will discipline Bayern again. I say Real wins 5-3 on aggregate, if Bayern play their very best otherwise I give it to Real by 6-2 on aggregate.

Juventus v Barcelona* - Barca will rip Juve a new one. Juve will win 2-1 at home and will be blanked 5-0 in the camp Nou. Barca through by 6-2 on aggregate.

Wha choo looking at?!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Stan.
Stop.Your.Lies

Mourning and disappearing at the same time.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=279026
http://www.naijiant.com/
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Atletico Madrid* v Leicester City - Leicester will be steamrolled by Atleti. I say 5-1 aggregate. 1-1 draw at the King Power and a 4-0 romp by Atletico at home.

Borussia Dortmund* v Monaco - This one will be 10-10 on aggregate. Away goals will decide it. Can't say who will progress but if I had to pick one, I would pick Dortmund.

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid* - Real will discipline Bayern again. I say Real wins 5-3 on aggregate, if Bayern play their very best otherwise I give it to Real by 6-2 on aggregate.

Juventus v Barcelona* - Barca will rip Juve a new one. Juve will win 2-1 at home and will be blanked 5-0 in the camp Nou. Barca through by 6-2 on aggregate.
i shall bump this at the appropriate hour :biggrin:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Undertaker wrote: You dey mind tfco? The boy no get shame! Uefa Cup? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
hi Undie

you stopped posting after the PSG 1st leg.
suddenly you're posting a lot.

please tell us you're nothing like our friend spastic
:lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Atletico Madrid* v Leicester City - Leicester will be steamrolled by Atleti. I say 5-1 aggregate. 1-1 draw at the King Power and a 4-0 romp by Atletico at home.

i shall bump this at the appropriate hour :biggrin:
:clap: :agree:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

18 months ago, who would have thought that Leicester would be in the QF of the Champions League and the EPL's last remaining representatives in the CL? (with no Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, or Spurs)

This is the best draw Leicester could have hoped for. Their leaden footed defenders would get eviscerated if they went up against CR7, Bale, Lewandowski, Ribery, Robben, Douglas Costa, or the MSN. It will be a close, physical, and attritional game. Not one for the purists.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lovely to see Atleti being underrated. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

wiseone wrote:18 months ago, who would have thought that Leicester would be in the QF of the Champions League and the EPL's last remaining representatives in the CL? (with no Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, or Spurs)

This is the best draw Leicester could have hoped for. Their leaden footed defenders would get eviscerated if they went up against CR7, Bale, Lewandowski, Ribery, Robben, Douglas Costa, or the MSN. It will be a close, physical, and attritional game. Not one for the purists.
With all due respect, Leicester will be murdered by Atleti.

Wha choo looking at?!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
wiseone wrote:18 months ago, who would have thought that Leicester would be in the QF of the Champions League and the EPL's last remaining representatives in the CL? (with no Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, or Spurs)

With all due respect, Leicester will be murdered by Atleti.
Like they were murdered by Sevilla? You are aware that Sevilla is still above Atleti in the La Liga?

No opponent in the 1/4 final is easy and no one is underrating Athletico, but of all the remaining teams left Athletico is probably the best opponent. C'mon... who else? Maybe Juventus or Borussia.