UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL DRAWS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL DRAWS

Post by platinum »

marutimon wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
wiseone wrote:18 months ago, who would have thought that Leicester would be in the QF of the Champions League and the EPL's last remaining representatives in the CL? (with no Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, or Spurs)

This is the best draw Leicester could have hoped for. Their leaden footed defenders would get eviscerated if they went up against CR7, Bale, Lewandowski, Ribery, Robben, Douglas Costa, or the MSN. It will be a close, physical, and attritional game. Not one for the purists.
With all due respect, Leicester will be murdered by Atleti.
Like they were murdered by Sevilla? You are aware that Sevilla is still above Atleti in the La Liga?

No opponent in the 1/4 final is easy and no one is underrating Athletico, but of all the remaining teams left Athletico is probably the best opponent. C'mon... who else? Maybe Juventus or Borussia.
From last weekend's game, Atleti 3, Sevilla 1.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

marutimon wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
wiseone wrote:18 months ago, who would have thought that Leicester would be in the QF of the Champions League and the EPL's last remaining representatives in the CL? (with no Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, or Spurs)

This is the best draw Leicester could have hoped for. Their leaden footed defenders would get eviscerated if they went up against CR7, Bale, Lewandowski, Ribery, Robben, Douglas Costa, or the MSN. It will be a close, physical, and attritional game. Not one for the purists.
Like they were murdered by Sevilla? You are aware that Sevilla is still above Atleti in the La Liga?

No opponent in the 1/4 final is easy and no one is underrating Athletico, but of all the remaining teams left Athletico is probably the best opponent. C'mon... who else? Maybe Juventus or Borussia.
Athletico? Is that an EPL team or what? :tic: Of all the teams left in the quarters, I would only rate Real slightly above Atletico. All the other teams can get it (and have gotten it :mrgreen: ) from Atleti.

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marutimon wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Really? Have you seen Atleti play? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I mean, just two quick things come to mind -

1. Leicester needs space behind the opponent to kill the opponent. Atleti NEVER leaves space behind their defense.

2. Leicester's defenders cannot handle an intelligent striker always on the move -- cue Antoine Griezman.

I mean, these are just the two obvious, I can name more. na wa o. Anyway, continue. lol
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?