‘We just want our son back’ Alli (Latest)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ‘We just want our son back’ Alli

Post by Coach »

@Damunk, no one is running with anything and truth be told, t'is no skin of one's nose whether Dele is Alli or Allen. He doesn't want to know and that's that. The only bone to pick here is the reporting to Daily Mail and the timing. If he remains Dele till the cows come home, it doesn't disturb the inertia, he has his reasons. What this case does show however, is how important it is to be there and not assume a few letters on a surname offer any guarantee.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Player wrote:Just be careful how you raise your kids, be firm but please be there for them and try and get to know them....the ancient Naija way won't work especially in the West....understand your kid, the environment, their strengths and weaknesses.
:clap: :clap: :clap: .........................I don't have time for all these silly excuses to mask 'failed parenting'.
I trust children.....................they will always pay you back at the time and place of their choosing.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ugly boy wrote:@TrueTalk his father did not stop being his father at the age of 13. Dele still spent summers in the US as recently as three years ago

thanks for the clarification, especially regarding ~ 3 yrs ago. That makes him ~ 17 at the time. If a 20-yr old suddenly decides to drop his last name despite being close to his Dad up to age 17 (at least), something must have really happened recently. Or he must be really immature if someone can convince him at 20 to do that!
It was either 2013 or 2014 but I can confirm don't want to misinform but he was either 16 or 17
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Coach[/color] wrote: ^What they assumed was a better life. It's one thing to work away from home, visit on weekends, bank holidays etc another thing to move on entirely....even if it's for the best of one's footballing development.

Out of interest, did Dad contact the Daily Mail when Dele was at Milton Keyes too?
I don't understand why you are been unfairly and critically harsh on Dele's dad when a member of this board has tried to give us a balanced side of events. Daily Mail has always been known for sensationalizing stories and this appears to be one of them. Life is never black and white. There are many factors that can lead to a family getting separated with a kid forced to live in a not too ideal situation. The bottomline is has the father made any attempt to continue to be a part of his son's life before and after the family was torn apart? From reports we have read Dele has lived with his father in Nigeria and US so this is not a case of abandonment.

Please note, Dele has not come to say directly that he has any issues with his dad. I have not read any quote where he said his father abandoned him. Before the beginning of the season Dele gave an interview where he said he no longer identifies with the name Alli and only wants to be known as Dele. He never said what the issue was, whom he was having problems with nor do we know if he has since resolved the matter. This is a family matter and it is best we respect their privacy. Every family has their own unique issues and it will be unfair for it to be blasted, discussed and dissected over the social media willy nilly.
But when you changed your name from Its A Goal to Its a Goat, wasn't it because you had problems with goals?
...or had an affinity for goats, as per being a Spuds fan.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Tottenham star Dele Alli's parents in legal fight over his MK Dons contract
Dele Alli's parents are pursuing legal action as neither of them signed his first professional forms with MK Dons
Since the age of 13, midfielder Alli has lived with Alan and Sally Hickford
The Hickford's signatures are on Alli's MK Dons contract but their status is the loophole being exploited

Tottenham and England star Dele Alli goes into the international week with a family dispute gathering momentum.

Alli's parents Denise and Kehinde, who split when Dele was three, are pursuing legal action because neither of them signed his first professional forms with MK Dons as a 16-year-old, allegedly in breach of regulations.

Since the age of 13, Alli has lived with Alan and Sally Hickford — parents of Harry Hickford, another MK Dons academy player. Alli considers Alan and Sally his mum and dad, but they have never officially adopted him.
The Hickfords' signatures are on Alli's MK Dons contract but their status at the time — only the homeowners of his digs by the letter of the law — is the loophole being exploited by his parents.

Denise and Kehinde are estranged from Alli to the extent he took the family surname off his Tottenham shirt at the start of the season.

Alli, who is expected to feature for England against Germany and Lithuania this week, has already had to cope with his parents complaining that he wants nothing to do with them, despite the fact it is believed he gives them money.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4bsPBa744
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Oh no!!! I hope they find resolution
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Comment: Ivanitch, Wessex, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
If this ever gets to court, hopefully commonsense will prevail and the parents "claim" will be dismissed, as it is plain to see that the Hickfords were acting "in loco parentis". As it is, the article doesn't say what the parents are gunning for but it is plain to see that no harm has come to the lad, no one has exploited him (save for the attempts now by his parents), he personally is not taking any retrospective action, and if there was any compensation due it would surely go to him rather than the parents.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Senator WIRES wrote:Comment: Ivanitch, Wessex, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
If this ever gets to court, hopefully commonsense will prevail and the parents "claim" will be dismissed, as it is plain to see that the Hickfords were acting "in loco parentis". As it is, the article doesn't say what the parents are gunning for but it is plain to see that no harm has come to the lad, no one has exploited him (save for the attempts now by his parents), he personally is not taking any retrospective action, and if there was any compensation due it would surely go to him rather than the parents.
The club and the in loco parents exploited the boy, The club should have known better, you cannot even approach the boy without the parents permission.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ‘We just want our son back’ Alli (Latest)

Post by Coach »

And Dad of the year waited till he was the golden boy of North London. Did deadbeat Dad call up the courthouse when he wearing bibs in Bedfordshire? #YouWasntWithMeShootingInTheGym
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ugly boy wrote:@TrueTalk his father did not stop being his father at the age of 13. Dele still spent summers in the US as recently as three years ago[/

At age 20, I was nearing completion of my degree. If I ever had any rebellious thoughts about my Dad (to the extent of changing family name), I would have slapped myself, added backhand, and gone to do angu 90 at the corner..
:D :D :D Same here.

But let me tell you a few things I did...
1. I refused to go home for about 15 months becos I was 'angry' with my dad. Despite pleas from my mum and sisters. Despite living barely 5 miles from the medical school in Lagos.
I maintained myself by hiring film projectors and films and showing them on University campuses in Lagos Ibadan and Ife for a gate fee. That's probably how I fell in love with film.
When I eventually agreed to go back home, my father simply asked 'So what were you trying to prove?' and I felt real stupid for ever thinking he would say 'sorry'.

2. I was always absconding from town. Like I had 'Sokugo' - the 'Wanderer's Disease' in Cyprian Ekwensi's 'Burning Grass'. Jos, Calabar, Ibadan, Kaduna, Abuja, Ilorin, Ife... even London. No warning. Not telling even my roommates where I was going, or when. Once my parents came looking for me and my roommates had to lie that they saw me 'yesterday', whereas they hadn't seen me for 2 weeks and had no idea where I was...
Seriously though, everyone is different, and I see your point. My point (piggying-back on Ugly's position), is mainly about the level of immaturity that would make a 20-yr old amenable to such bad "influences" as to drop one's family name. I think it is a different situation if he made a mature/immature decision to that effect on his own
That's the life of some 20-year-olds and 'Stupidity' is their middle name.
You were too wise for your age.. :lol:
Damunk somebody should have slapped that wandering spirit out of you and take you to some revival to lay hands and cast out "some demons" lol
This no be normal behavior for a 20 year old o lol
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

zoldsasok wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ugly boy wrote:@TrueTalk his father did not stop being his father at the age of 13. Dele still spent summers in the US as recently as three years ago[/

At age 20, I was nearing completion of my degree. If I ever had any rebellious thoughts about my Dad (to the extent of changing family name), I would have slapped myself, added backhand, and gone to do angu 90 at the corner..
:D :D :D Same here.

But let me tell you a few things I did...
1. I refused to go home for about 15 months becos I was 'angry' with my dad. Despite pleas from my mum and sisters. Despite living barely 5 miles from the medical school in Lagos.
I maintained myself by hiring film projectors and films and showing them on University campuses in Lagos Ibadan and Ife for a gate fee. That's probably how I fell in love with film.
When I eventually agreed to go back home, my father simply asked 'So what were you trying to prove?' and I felt real stupid for ever thinking he would say 'sorry'.

2. I was always absconding from town. Like I had 'Sokugo' - the 'Wanderer's Disease' in Cyprian Ekwensi's 'Burning Grass'. Jos, Calabar, Ibadan, Kaduna, Abuja, Ilorin, Ife... even London. No warning. Not telling even my roommates where I was going, or when. Once my parents came looking for me and my roommates had to lie that they saw me 'yesterday', whereas they hadn't seen me for 2 weeks and had no idea where I was...
Seriously though, everyone is different, and I see your point. My point (piggying-back on Ugly's position), is mainly about the level of immaturity that would make a 20-yr old amenable to such bad "influences" as to drop one's family name. I think it is a different situation if he made a mature/immature decision to that effect on his own
That's the life of some 20-year-olds and 'Stupidity' is their middle name.
You were too wise for your age.. :lol:
Damunk somebody should have slapped that wandering spirit out of you and take you to some revival to lay hands and cast out "some demons" lol
It actually is! At FUTO, I had a diassagreement with my father and decided I am done with him. I had a source of income...abeg no ask lol. I stuck to my gun for over 2 semesters despite all attempts by my mother to get me to visit home. I was going from one Uni to another during breaks but never home. The only thing that brought me home was Yankee visa lottery that I didn't even apply for but won thanks to an uncle...

My point being, at 20, there are things most of us did that makes little to no sense now. Especially when you look back at them with mature vision now.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Coach wrote:And Dad of the year waited till he was the golden boy of North London. Did deadbeat Dad call up the courthouse when he wearing bibs in Bedfordshire? #YouWasntWithMeShootingInTheGym
& how do you know he was a deadbeat Dad? Those in the know here have suggested otherwise and there might be a clear case of exploitatiion here.

Unless you know otherwise, I suggest you stop stating your opinions as facts & wait to see how this plays out.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cito wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:
It actually is! At FUTO, I had a diassagreement with my father and decided I am done with him. I had a source of income...abeg no ask lol. I stuck to my gun for over 2 semesters despite all attempts by my mother to get me to visit home. I was going from one Uni to another during breaks but never home. The only thing that brought me home was Yankee visa lottery that I didn't even apply for but won thanks to an uncle...

My point being, at 20, there are things most of us did that makes little to no sense now. Especially when you look back at them with mature vision now.
Mscheew...no wonder you dey tok anyhow for CE. To say na me be your Pops, I for come find you with koboko, come begin give you serious lashes in presence of those yeye girls wey you dey pose for. Foolish boy :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Truetalk, no one is stating opinion as fact, rather arriving at a conclusion through the most basic of arithmetic.

kSon + (foster parents/absent fathers other children physically fathered) - Absent Father x [nDaily Mail interviews + nMOTM awards] = Deadbeat Dad.

where k = now that he's famous
Last edited by Coach on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^In truth, this isn't news and doesnt merit backpage, middle page of even a scribble in the margin. Dele is doing tremendously well this season and is a frontrunner for YPOY, his foster parents must be proud to see the young boy they illegally gave a chance at Milton Keynes, blossom into a star for club and country. His biological parents can be proud too, had they not given him up, would he be where he is today. Welldone to the lot of them...No more Daily Mail.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:
It actually is! At FUTO, I had a disagreement with my father and decided I am done with him. I had a source of income...abeg no ask lol. I stuck to my gun for over 2 semesters despite all attempts by my mother to get me to visit home. I was going from one Uni to another during breaks but never home. The only thing that brought me home was Yankee visa lottery that I didn't even apply for but won thanks to an uncle...

Mscheew...no wonder you dey tok anyhow for CE. To say na me be your Pops, I for come find you with koboko, come begin give you serious lashes in presence of those yeye girls wey you dey pose for. Foolish boy :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Nah my popsy no give a shiite about person wey de throw tantrum. :D
Are you jealous I got all dem girls instead of your old self? :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:
It actually is! At FUTO, I had a disagreement with my father and decided I am done with him. I had a source of income...abeg no ask lol. I stuck to my gun for over 2 semesters despite all attempts by my mother to get me to visit home. I was going from one Uni to another during breaks but never home. The only thing that brought me home was Yankee visa lottery that I didn't even apply for but won thanks to an uncle...

small pikins of nowadays :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Anyway, my Pops was "fortunate" none of us "dared" throw tantrums. Thinking back as an adult now, there were two main reasons in my opinion.
1. He started relating to us "like adults" quite early, e.g. sit you down and seek your opinion on something. Looking back, it was just Old Man wayo, because even though we felt important at that time, na stuff that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, or something he was going to do in his own way anyway.
2. To all of us, he was this "hero without flaws". Of course, this isn't accurate, but that is how we viewed him. This opinion was shaped by his going from village boy to Oxford graduate, he was very good-looking and brilliant, but very modest and compassionate, etc. Don't know about my brothers, but I always thought I could never measure to him...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:

Anyway, my Pops was "fortunate" none of us "dared" throw tantrums. Thinking back as an adult now, there were two main reasons in my opinion.
1. He started relating to us "like adults" quite early, e.g. sit you down and seek your opinion on something. Looking back, it was just Old Man wayo, because even though we felt important at that time, na stuff that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, or something he was going to do in his own way anyway.
2. To all of us, he was this "hero without flaws". Of course, this isn't accurate, but that is how we viewed him. This opinion was shaped by his going from village boy to Oxford graduate, he was very good-looking and brilliant, but very modest and compassionate, etc. Don't know about my brothers, but I always thought I could never measure to him.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:

2. To all of us, he was this "hero without flaws". Of course, this isn't accurate, but that is how we viewed him. This opinion was shaped by his going from village boy to Oxford graduate, he was very good-looking and brilliant, but very modest and compassionate, etc. Don't know about my brothers, but I always thought I could never measure to him...
From village boy to village boy how can you measure up? Just accept your lot in life
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Prince wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:

From village boy to village boy how can you measure up? Just accept your lot in life
Me I be part of GLOBAL village :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Can't really understand his parents motives, something suggest it's money, if Dele Ali was a local east London gangster, his parents will want nothing to do with him
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

marko wrote:Can't really understand his parents motives, something suggest it's money, if Dele Ali was a local east London gangster, his parents will want nothing to do with him
Why do you think it's money? Should they just give up their son like a piece of tyre or chair? That is their son.

Regardless of what happens, family is family and we should not cease from trying to reconcile with family. People are looking at the money aspect but forget the family aspect.

Dele can still know his family without any monetary relationship. You just don't write off your parent like that, sorry.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Coach wrote:And Dad of the year waited till he was the golden boy of North London. Did deadbeat Dad call up the courthouse when he wearing bibs in Bedfordshire? #YouWasntWithMeShootingInTheGym
Kpom to the fullest. :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo