SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 1 v 7 SPURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - SPURS 2 v 1 S,pton (Sun)

Post by Its a Goal »

I beg where did the 5 minutes come from?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Five minutes cmon you Saints :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hahahahaha look at how Yoshida just bullied Janshiit :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Jassen holding up the ball well in the Saints' half to relieve pressure.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Well doe lads :clap:. Hard won victory. Mentally ori won wanbe :D.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Instead of Sissoko to go to Everton where he is desperately needed, he schemed his way unto Spuds bench. This is where overinflated opinion of self comes to bit in the backside. That backside is cooling off on the bench! As they say in life..not everything that glitters is gold.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

FT. Thank you Jesus
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Phew, that was tight in the end
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

What's our next game?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - SPURS 2 v 0 S,pton (Sun)

Post by Cristao II »

Good cameo by Janssen. Dele needs to get his head checked. He spoilt very good moves and had the nerve to let rip at Janssen who did more than him.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Arsenal ladies destroyed the Spurs ladies 10-0 in the Women's FA Cup

Good win but the defence needs questioning though...

THFC 4 LIFE
Last edited by kenmega on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Good cameo by Janssen. Dele needs to get his head checked. He spoilt very good moves and had the nerve to let rip at Janssen who did more than him.
He's been doing that of late.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Good cameo by Janssen. Dele needs to get his head checked. He spoilt very good moves and had the nerve to let rip at Janssen who did more than him.
You are been unnecessarily harsh on the boy. He did a lot of good work in defense and offensively. Did he go softly for the penalty? Sure, but that is part and parcel of the game. He was nudged and he picked the easy option. If he didn't go down the ref won't have blown his whistle for it. I don't begrudge Dele for asking for the ball as he was in an open position for a tap in at the same I'm glad Janssen went for it as it shows confidence is building up.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Good cameo by Janssen. Dele needs to get his head checked. He spoilt very good moves and had the nerve to let rip at Janssen who did more than him.
You are been unnecessarily harsh on the boy. He did a lot of good work in defense and offensively. Did he go softly for the penalty? Sure, but that is part and parcel of the game. He was nudged and he picked the easy option. If he didn't go down the ref won't have blown his whistle for it. I don't begrudge Dele for asking for the ball as he was in an open position for a tap in at the same I'm glad Janssen went for it as it shows confidence is building up.
Not talking about the penalty which IMHO was too easy. There were two moves in the end which he spoilt because of his belief that he has the same skill set as Eriksen. Yet he had the nerve to complain about a striker who shot from a good position.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Not talking about the penalty which IMHO was too easy. There were two moves in the end which he spoilt because of his belief that he has the same skill set as Eriksen. Yet he had the nerve to complain about a striker who shot from a good position.
Don't forget he is still only 20 and will try things he imagines he can pull off. Take it easy on him I beg. If he didn't show emotions about not been given the ball to get his second I will be worried.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Good news here :thumb:.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I hear Janssen couldnt play for Holland due to illness.

^IAG, I have had those before. It doesnt mean you cant stand. You cant put much weight on the foot wrt dynamic stresses.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: I hear Janssen couldnt play for Holland due to illness.

^IAG, I have had those before. It doesnt mean you cant stand. You cant put much weight on the foot wrt dynamic stresses.
The article the picture came from states he is wearing the full training kit. With him not wearing any ankle brace gives me lots of hope that he is almost back to full recovery.

Lamela is a big concern at this point. His injury is going to be a determining factor in his contract negotiation. I won't be surprised if he gets sold immediately he recovers from his injury unless he is willing to accept a pay cut.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

I watched Eric Dier play for England against Germany and Lithuania - I will be surprised to see him stay at Spurs next season because his performances are quite average as both CB and DM. Hell, I dont know why he is selected to play for England - he's been average at best.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kenmega wrote:I watched Eric Dier play for England against Germany and Lithuania - I will be surprised to see him stay at Spurs next season because his performances are quite average as both CB and DM. Hell, I dont know why he is selected to play for England - he's been average at best.
I share the same view. I feel we have stunted Wimmer's progression.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
kenmega wrote:I watched Eric Dier play for England against Germany and Lithuania - I will be surprised to see him stay at Spurs next season because his performances are quite average as both CB and DM. Hell, I dont know why he is selected to play for England - he's been average at best.
I share the same view. I feel we have stunted Wimmer's progression.
We don't know why Dier is getting games ahead of Wimmer. I know Dier did well for us last season and he's been OK for us so far, not on the level of last season but then Wanyama has taken his starting roll.

I'm at a loss with Wimmer. I won't be too quick to start getting rid of players like Dier. Who do you replace him with?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I must confess, I have been giddy since yesterday :D. As you all know Spurs is coming to my neck of the woods in July to play against PSG. I joined the supporters group in Tampa and I got a discounted ticket so I will be sitting together with all my Yid brothers :thumbs:. This is going to be my very first time of seeing the team in action. LIVE. Can't wait.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:I must confess, I have been giddy since yesterday :D. As you all know Spurs is coming to my neck of the woods in July to play against PSG. I joined the supporters group in Tampa and I got a discounted ticket so I will be sitting together with all my Yid brothers :thumbs:. This is going to be my very first time of seeing the team in action. LIVE. Can't wait.
I'm really happy for you. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Have a good one and don't forget learn and sing some of the songs. Letme teach you two of the HARDEST songs we have

Number 1
He's one of our own
He's one of our own
Harry Kane, is one of our own

This has got to be the hardest one ever
Number 2
Come of you Spurs
Come on you Spurs :tic: :sneaky: