Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 309  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11125
4 managers who have coached him have commented negatively on his fitness. Jose's latest comments on Shaw:

"It is difficult for him to be on the bench,..I cannot compare him with Ashley Young, with Matteo Darmian, with Daley Blind. I cannot compare the way he trains, the way he commits, the focus, the ambition. I cannot compare. He is a long way behind.”


One of Shaw's managers also remarked about how Shaw needed off-pitch assistance to cope with life. Not looking good for Shaw right now...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7318
wiseone wrote:
LVG-esque injury days are back:

Jonesy - toe injury (probably out for the rest of the season)*
Mike Smalling - calf injury (probably out for the rest of the season) - he is the one that injured Jones in England training
Johnny Kills - groin surgery (out for amonth)
Pogba - hamstring injury
Andrew Smith - suspended
Zlatan - suspended

I have been saying for ages that it was not a very good idea to sell 3 central midfielders in 1 year (leaving only Fellaini and Carrick available for this weekend's game against WBA). As a result Man Utd started with 4 defenders (including two from the youth team) on the bench.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ining.html


I wonder how United will make it through the month of April


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11125
9 games in 30 days is brutal. This injury crisis came at the worst time. Would have been nice to have a French international midfielder to come into the side to deputise for the absent Smith and Pogba. Benteke, these days it pains me when I see talented players that Man Utd should never have sold excelling elsewhere:

A year ago LVG sold Michael Keane to Burnley (and before then he sold Zaha back to CP). My exact words at the time were:

LVG sold [Michael] Keane to Burnley for 2.5 million (at a time when Man Utd was reeling for a massive injury crisis with 17 players injured: most of whom were defenders). 8 months later Keane is the most talked about/most wanted English defender. Leicester had a 15 million pound bid for him turned down and Chelsea are ready to pay 25 million to buy him.

Letting a highly defensive rated talent like that get away (at a time when he was already an England U21 international, Man Utd were struggling with defensive injuries, and having already been identified as a future international by Rio Ferdinand) was madness...This reeks of the Pique-Pogba mess all over again. Who knows. Man Utd may have to pay 30-40 million one day to bring Keane back to the club one day. Keane was part of the 2011 Man Utd youth team that won the FA Youth Cup (along with Pogba, Morrison (now at Lazio), Lingard, and Will Keane (Michael's twin brother)).


Michael Keane started his first game for England last weekend.

On Zaha I said: "Ditto selling Zaha. Hope that does not turn into a Pogba saga."

Zaha is tearing things up with CP and they will be lucky to hang on to him this summer. He will probably cost someone 35 million to buy.

Sigh...


benteke wrote:
I wonder how United will make it through the month of April


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48711
...Luke Shaw, if he were an African dem for don off load him. White and english got there privileges.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36971
mcal wrote:
...Luke Shaw, if he were an African dem for don off load him. White and english got there privileges.

:agree: So when did this fitness become wahala?28 million flush like toilet paper.Soton laughing all way to the bank.
I feel sorry for the guy after break his leg,never be the same.Reason I respect guys like Ramsey come back strong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11125
I respect Spurs for putting their foot down and capping salaries for young players. Man Utd paid a 30 million transfer fee and agreed to pay a salary of 100K per week to an 18yo with only one season of EPL experience. That is a staggering commitment for someone who has loads of potential but is still a WIP.

kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:
...Luke Shaw, if he were an African dem for don off load him. White and english got there privileges.

:agree: So when did this fitness become wahala?28 million flush like toilet paper.Soton laughing all way to the bank.
I feel sorry for the guy after break his leg,never be the same.Reason I respect guys like Ramsey come back strong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13131
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26181
Location: london
That man a solid defender

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 29957
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Guys, any update on Samuel Umtiti @ Barcelona? we were told "Our" Eric will be a benchwarmer and sent on loan, while Samuel Umpity Dumpity will be dominating in Mess Ke Un Club.




Is anyone ever going to update us on Samuel Umpity Dumpity? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Well, here are a few updates:


Quote:
Has Samuel Umtiti already proved his worth to the Catalans?
by Nikhil Kulkarni

French defender Samuel Umtiti has become a fan favorite in Barcelona due to his great talent.

The Catalans reached their 4th consecutive CDR final thanks to the strong defensive play on display. Apart from Cillessen, Samuel Umtiti was the standout performer in a game which was one of the best games in recent time. The maturity and calmness shown by the young player is an indication that he will go a long way. Already, he is a fan favorite and if he continues like this, will stand a chance to be a great player for Catalans.

Since the day legendary defender Carles Puyol decided to hang up his boots, there was a void at center back. Even though Javier Mascherano has been used with Gerard Pique, this was not the natural position of the Argentine. He impressed everyone with his work ethics but still, Luis Enrique was in search of the specialist player. And on 12 July 2016, the Catalans signed a young 23-year-old center back Samuel Umtiti from Olympique Lyon.


The Cameroon-born Frenchman already has a U-20 world cup under his belt. In addition to that, he impressed football world with his fine display in Euro 2016. He had everything that Barcelona was looking for and considering his age, Barca had every reason to sign him. Umtiti is characterized by his physical strength, his ability to anticipate, and his prowess in bringing the ball up the field. At 181 cm, Samuel Umtiti is a force in the air on set pieces at both ends of the pitch. He is good at passing game which is the essence of the La Liga giants’ game philosophy.

The idea to bring Samuel Umtiti at Camp Nou was a back-up to Javier Mascherano, but the way he has grown up in this squad says a lot. For the Catalans, he has played 24 games out of which he started 23 in all competitions. Umtiti is nothing but a complete package and has already shown that he is both an ideal centre-back as well as the perfect partner for Pique. His growing importance and impressive adaptation are key for his success. And despite only arriving in the summer, he has already earned his starting spot at Camp Nou. The former Lyon defender has featured 10 times with 9 as a starter in league and Barcelona have won all of those matches.

To sum things up, the way Samuel Umtiti has slotted in seamlessly this season is the reason why he has become the apple of the home fans’ eyes. The French defender looks to be a long-term solution with the side benefiting immensely with him in the side as stats prove. I would not hesitate to admit that for mere €25 million fees, it is nothing but a great piece of business for Barcelona. Even though it is quite early to predict, this guy has potential to climb the ranks and leave his mark on the glittering era of Barcelona.

http://everythingbarca.com/2017/02/11/s ... -catalans/




Quote:
By Andy Warren For Mailonline and Rik Sharma For Reuters
PUBLISHED: 09:36 EDT, 13 March 2017 | UPDATED: 13:34 EDT, 13 March 2017

When you think of Barcelona's key players you are instantly drawn to the club's devastating front three.

Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar have scored an incredible 82 goals between them this season, leading from the front as Luis Enrique's side challenge for honours on three fronts.

But it is one of their relatively lesser lights who makes the biggest difference when it comes to wins and losses.

Defender Samuel Umtiti has quickly become a vital player for Barcelona since joining the club
+4
Defender Samuel Umtiti has quickly become a vital player for Barcelona since joining the club


Barcelona's bid to win La Liga was hit as they lost 2-1 at Deportivo on Sunday, with Neymar missing due to injury, but it was the absence of defender Samuel Umtiti which proved important.

Barcelona have won every one of the 16 league games in which he has featured since his summer move from Luon, while the Catalans have emerged triumphant in just two of 11 games without him.

Indeed, over the course of the last three seasons, encompassing two years with Lyon, Umtiti's teams have won 67.9 per cent of their games when he has been playing and just 18.1 per cent without him.

His absence had a direct impact in the defeat by Deportivo, with both of the hosts' goals coming from set pieces.

Barcelona has won all 16 La Liga matches they have played since the defender joined the club

Barcelona has won all 16 La Liga matches they have played since the defender joined the club

Javier Mascherano botched an attempted clearance that led to Joselu's opener, while Umtiti's replacement Jordi Alba was left rooted to the spot as Alex Bergantinos outjumped him to head the winning goal.

Playing centre-back is a tricky assignment at Barcelona, as highlighted by the string of defenders - from Dmytro Chygrynskiy to Thomas Vermaelen - who have attempted to perform the role but failed to make a mark at Camp Nou.

Umtiti took to it like a fish to water, playing with supreme confidence for a 23-year-old, and relishing the attacking responsibilities as much as the defensive ones.

Strong in the air, he is also extremely comfortable on the ball and can take it past opponents to find the right angle for a pass to help build attacks from the back.

'To be honest I am surprised by Umtiti's quick adaption,' said coach Luis Enrique. 'It's a position where the club has always had handicaps.'

Although both of them were excellent against Paris Saint-Germain, Mascherano is the victim of Umtiti's success, with a clamour growing for the Frenchman to be Gerard Pique's partner while the Argentine gets benched.

It hasn't been a flawless season for Umtiti, with poor performances against PSG in the 4-0 defeat in Paris and the 2-1 first leg defeat by Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey last 16.

But these missteps do little to mask the quality and calmness he has brought. He could be a rock in the defence for years to come.



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4dQGHifKu

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13131
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Guys, any update on Samuel Umtiti @ Barcelona? we were told "Our" Eric will be a benchwarmer and sent on loan, while Samuel Umpity Dumpity will be dominating in Mess Ke Un Club.




Is anyone ever going to update us on Samuel Umpity Dumpity? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Well, here are a few updates:


Quote:
Has Samuel Umtiti already proved his worth to the Catalans?
by Nikhil Kulkarni

French defender Samuel Umtiti has become a fan favorite in Barcelona due to his great talent.

The Catalans reached their 4th consecutive CDR final thanks to the strong defensive play on display. Apart from Cillessen, Samuel Umtiti was the standout performer in a game which was one of the best games in recent time. The maturity and calmness shown by the young player is an indication that he will go a long way. Already, he is a fan favorite and if he continues like this, will stand a chance to be a great player for Catalans.

Since the day legendary defender Carles Puyol decided to hang up his boots, there was a void at center back. Even though Javier Mascherano has been used with Gerard Pique, this was not the natural position of the Argentine. He impressed everyone with his work ethics but still, Luis Enrique was in search of the specialist player. And on 12 July 2016, the Catalans signed a young 23-year-old center back Samuel Umtiti from Olympique Lyon.


The Cameroon-born Frenchman already has a U-20 world cup under his belt. In addition to that, he impressed football world with his fine display in Euro 2016. He had everything that Barcelona was looking for and considering his age, Barca had every reason to sign him. Umtiti is characterized by his physical strength, his ability to anticipate, and his prowess in bringing the ball up the field. At 181 cm, Samuel Umtiti is a force in the air on set pieces at both ends of the pitch. He is good at passing game which is the essence of the La Liga giants’ game philosophy.

The idea to bring Samuel Umtiti at Camp Nou was a back-up to Javier Mascherano, but the way he has grown up in this squad says a lot. For the Catalans, he has played 24 games out of which he started 23 in all competitions. Umtiti is nothing but a complete package and has already shown that he is both an ideal centre-back as well as the perfect partner for Pique. His growing importance and impressive adaptation are key for his success. And despite only arriving in the summer, he has already earned his starting spot at Camp Nou. The former Lyon defender has featured 10 times with 9 as a starter in league and Barcelona have won all of those matches.

To sum things up, the way Samuel Umtiti has slotted in seamlessly this season is the reason why he has become the apple of the home fans’ eyes. The French defender looks to be a long-term solution with the side benefiting immensely with him in the side as stats prove. I would not hesitate to admit that for mere €25 million fees, it is nothing but a great piece of business for Barcelona. Even though it is quite early to predict, this guy has potential to climb the ranks and leave his mark on the glittering era of Barcelona.

http://everythingbarca.com/2017/02/11/s ... -catalans/




Quote:
By Andy Warren For Mailonline and Rik Sharma For Reuters
PUBLISHED: 09:36 EDT, 13 March 2017 | UPDATED: 13:34 EDT, 13 March 2017

When you think of Barcelona's key players you are instantly drawn to the club's devastating front three.

Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar have scored an incredible 82 goals between them this season, leading from the front as Luis Enrique's side challenge for honours on three fronts.

But it is one of their relatively lesser lights who makes the biggest difference when it comes to wins and losses.

Defender Samuel Umtiti has quickly become a vital player for Barcelona since joining the club
+4
Defender Samuel Umtiti has quickly become a vital player for Barcelona since joining the club


Barcelona's bid to win La Liga was hit as they lost 2-1 at Deportivo on Sunday, with Neymar missing due to injury, but it was the absence of defender Samuel Umtiti which proved important.

Barcelona have won every one of the 16 league games in which he has featured since his summer move from Luon, while the Catalans have emerged triumphant in just two of 11 games without him.

Indeed, over the course of the last three seasons, encompassing two years with Lyon, Umtiti's teams have won 67.9 per cent of their games when he has been playing and just 18.1 per cent without him.

His absence had a direct impact in the defeat by Deportivo, with both of the hosts' goals coming from set pieces.

Barcelona has won all 16 La Liga matches they have played since the defender joined the club

Barcelona has won all 16 La Liga matches they have played since the defender joined the club

Javier Mascherano botched an attempted clearance that led to Joselu's opener, while Umtiti's replacement Jordi Alba was left rooted to the spot as Alex Bergantinos outjumped him to head the winning goal.

Playing centre-back is a tricky assignment at Barcelona, as highlighted by the string of defenders - from Dmytro Chygrynskiy to Thomas Vermaelen - who have attempted to perform the role but failed to make a mark at Camp Nou.

Umtiti took to it like a fish to water, playing with supreme confidence for a 23-year-old, and relishing the attacking responsibilities as much as the defensive ones.

Strong in the air, he is also extremely comfortable on the ball and can take it past opponents to find the right angle for a pass to help build attacks from the back.

'To be honest I am surprised by Umtiti's quick adaption,' said coach Luis Enrique. 'It's a position where the club has always had handicaps.'

Although both of them were excellent against Paris Saint-Germain, Mascherano is the victim of Umtiti's success, with a clamour growing for the Frenchman to be Gerard Pique's partner while the Argentine gets benched.

It hasn't been a flawless season for Umtiti, with poor performances against PSG in the 4-0 defeat in Paris and the 2-1 first leg defeat by Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey last 16.

But these missteps do little to mask the quality and calmness he has brought. He could be a rock in the defence for years to come.



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4dQGHifKu



I asked that question on February 15th! I see its taken you 2 months to respond. That is why they call you "after the fact" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13131
Mourinho don give Lingard contract extention. 100k a week! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Next up, Fellaini :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 29957
wiseone wrote:
9 games in 30 days is brutal. This injury crisis came at the worst time. Would have been nice to have a French international midfielder to come into the side to deputise for the absent Smith and Pogba. Benteke, these days it pains me when I see talented players that Man Utd should never have sold excelling elsewhere:

A year ago LVG sold Michael Keane to Burnley (and before then he sold Zaha back to CP). My exact words at the time were:

LVG sold [Michael] Keane to Burnley for 2.5 million (at a time when Man Utd was reeling for a massive injury crisis with 17 players injured: most of whom were defenders). 8 months later Keane is the most talked about/most wanted English defender. Leicester had a 15 million pound bid for him turned down and Chelsea are ready to pay 25 million to buy him.

Letting a highly defensive rated talent like that get away (at a time when he was already an England U21 international, Man Utd were struggling with defensive injuries, and having already been identified as a future international by Rio Ferdinand) was madness...This reeks of the Pique-Pogba mess all over again. Who knows. Man Utd may have to pay 30-40 million one day to bring Keane back to the club one day. Keane was part of the 2011 Man Utd youth team that won the FA Youth Cup (along with Pogba, Morrison (now at Lazio), Lingard, and Will Keane (Michael's twin brother)).


Michael Keane started his first game for England last weekend.

On Zaha I said: "Ditto selling Zaha. Hope that does not turn into a Pogba saga."

Zaha is tearing things up with CP and they will be lucky to hang on to him this summer. He will probably cost someone 35 million to buy.

Sigh...


benteke wrote:
I wonder how United will make it through the month of April



Anyone who pays more than 15mp for Keane deserves to be investigated.

As for Zaha; enough said....

Don't even get me started with Jessica!!!

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 29957
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Guys, any update on Samuel Umtiti @ Barcelona? we were told "Our" Eric will be a benchwarmer and sent on loan, while Samuel Umpity Dumpity will be dominating in Mess Ke Un Club.




Is anyone ever going to update us on Samuel Umpity Dumpity? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Well, here are a few updates:


Quote:
Has Samuel Umtiti already proved his worth to the Catalans?
by Nikhil Kulkarni

French defender Samuel Umtiti has become a fan favorite in Barcelona due to his great talent.

The Catalans reached their 4th consecutive CDR final thanks to the strong defensive play on display. Apart from Cillessen, Samuel Umtiti was the standout performer in a game which was one of the best games in recent time. The maturity and calmness shown by the young player is an indication that he will go a long way. Already, he is a fan favorite and if he continues like this, will stand a chance to be a great player for Catalans.

Since the day legendary defender Carles Puyol decided to hang up his boots, there was a void at center back. Even though Javier Mascherano has been used with Gerard Pique, this was not the natural position of the Argentine. He impressed everyone with his work ethics but still, Luis Enrique was in search of the specialist player. And on 12 July 2016, the Catalans signed a young 23-year-old center back Samuel Umtiti from Olympique Lyon.


The Cameroon-born Frenchman already has a U-20 world cup under his belt. In addition to that, he impressed football world with his fine display in Euro 2016. He had everything that Barcelona was looking for and considering his age, Barca had every reason to sign him. Umtiti is characterized by his physical strength, his ability to anticipate, and his prowess in bringing the ball up the field. At 181 cm, Samuel Umtiti is a force in the air on set pieces at both ends of the pitch. He is good at passing game which is the essence of the La Liga giants’ game philosophy.

The idea to bring Samuel Umtiti at Camp Nou was a back-up to Javier Mascherano, but the way he has grown up in this squad says a lot. For the Catalans, he has played 24 games out of which he started 23 in all competitions. Umtiti is nothing but a complete package and has already shown that he is both an ideal centre-back as well as the perfect partner for Pique. His growing importance and impressive adaptation are key for his success. And despite only arriving in the summer, he has already earned his starting spot at Camp Nou. The former Lyon defender has featured 10 times with 9 as a starter in league and Barcelona have won all of those matches.

To sum things up, the way Samuel Umtiti has slotted in seamlessly this season is the reason why he has become the apple of the home fans’ eyes. The French defender looks to be a long-term solution with the side benefiting immensely with him in the side as stats prove. I would not hesitate to admit that for mere €25 million fees, it is nothing but a great piece of business for Barcelona. Even though it is quite early to predict, this guy has potential to climb the ranks and leave his mark on the glittering era of Barcelona.

http://everythingbarca.com/2017/02/11/s ... -catalans/




Quote:
By Andy Warren For Mailonline and Rik Sharma For Reuters
PUBLISHED: 09:36 EDT, 13 March 2017 | UPDATED: 13:34 EDT, 13 March 2017

When you think of Barcelona's key players you are instantly drawn to the club's devastating front three.

Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar have scored an incredible 82 goals between them this season, leading from the front as Luis Enrique's side challenge for honours on three fronts.

But it is one of their relatively lesser lights who makes the biggest difference when it comes to wins and losses.

Defender Samuel Umtiti has quickly become a vital player for Barcelona since joining the club
+4
Defender Samuel Umtiti has quickly become a vital player for Barcelona since joining the club


Barcelona's bid to win La Liga was hit as they lost 2-1 at Deportivo on Sunday, with Neymar missing due to injury, but it was the absence of defender Samuel Umtiti which proved important.

Barcelona have won every one of the 16 league games in which he has featured since his summer move from Luon, while the Catalans have emerged triumphant in just two of 11 games without him.

Indeed, over the course of the last three seasons, encompassing two years with Lyon, Umtiti's teams have won 67.9 per cent of their games when he has been playing and just 18.1 per cent without him.

His absence had a direct impact in the defeat by Deportivo, with both of the hosts' goals coming from set pieces.

Barcelona has won all 16 La Liga matches they have played since the defender joined the club

Barcelona has won all 16 La Liga matches they have played since the defender joined the club

Javier Mascherano botched an attempted clearance that led to Joselu's opener, while Umtiti's replacement Jordi Alba was left rooted to the spot as Alex Bergantinos outjumped him to head the winning goal.

Playing centre-back is a tricky assignment at Barcelona, as highlighted by the string of defenders - from Dmytro Chygrynskiy to Thomas Vermaelen - who have attempted to perform the role but failed to make a mark at Camp Nou.

Umtiti took to it like a fish to water, playing with supreme confidence for a 23-year-old, and relishing the attacking responsibilities as much as the defensive ones.

Strong in the air, he is also extremely comfortable on the ball and can take it past opponents to find the right angle for a pass to help build attacks from the back.

'To be honest I am surprised by Umtiti's quick adaption,' said coach Luis Enrique. 'It's a position where the club has always had handicaps.'

Although both of them were excellent against Paris Saint-Germain, Mascherano is the victim of Umtiti's success, with a clamour growing for the Frenchman to be Gerard Pique's partner while the Argentine gets benched.

It hasn't been a flawless season for Umtiti, with poor performances against PSG in the 4-0 defeat in Paris and the 2-1 first leg defeat by Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey last 16.

But these missteps do little to mask the quality and calmness he has brought. He could be a rock in the defence for years to come.



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4dQGHifKu



I asked that question on February 15th! I see its taken you 2 months to respond. That is why they call you "after the fact" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



Brah u asked for an update. You got one that is apparently not to your liking. Now you are complaining about timeline....
Keep on rolling.....

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13131
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Guys, any update on Samuel Umtiti @ Barcelona? we were told "Our" Eric will be a benchwarmer and sent on loan, while Samuel Umpity Dumpity will be dominating in Mess Ke Un Club.




Is anyone ever going to update us on Samuel Umpity Dumpity? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Well, here are a few updates:


Quote:
Has Samuel Umtiti already proved his worth to the Catalans?
by Nikhil Kulkarni

French defender Samuel Umtiti has become a fan favorite in Barcelona due to his great talent.

The Catalans reached their 4th consecutive CDR final thanks to the strong defensive play on display. Apart from Cillessen, Samuel Umtiti was the standout performer in a game which was one of the best games in recent time. The maturity and calmness shown by the young player is an indication that he will go a long way. Already, he is a fan favorite and if he continues like this, will stand a chance to be a great player for Catalans.

Since the day legendary defender Carles Puyol decided to hang up his boots, there was a void at center back. Even though Javier Mascherano has been used with Gerard Pique, this was not the natural position of the Argentine. He impressed everyone with his work ethics but still, Luis Enrique was in search of the specialist player. And on 12 July 2016, the Catalans signed a young 23-year-old center back Samuel Umtiti from Olympique Lyon.


The Cameroon-born Frenchman already has a U-20 world cup under his belt. In addition to that, he impressed football world with his fine display in Euro 2016. He had everything that Barcelona was looking for and considering his age, Barca had every reason to sign him. Umtiti is characterized by his physical strength, his ability to anticipate, and his prowess in bringing the ball up the field. At 181 cm, Samuel Umtiti is a force in the air on set pieces at both ends of the pitch. He is good at passing game which is the essence of the La Liga giants’ game philosophy.

The idea to bring Samuel Umtiti at Camp Nou was a back-up to Javier Mascherano, but the way he has grown up in this squad says a lot. For the Catalans, he has played 24 games out of which he started 23 in all competitions. Umtiti is nothing but a complete package and has already shown that he is both an ideal centre-back as well as the perfect partner for Pique. His growing importance and impressive adaptation are key for his success. And despite only arriving in the summer, he has already earned his starting spot at Camp Nou. The former Lyon defender has featured 10 times with 9 as a starter in league and Barcelona have won all of those matches.

To sum things up, the way Samuel Umtiti has slotted in seamlessly this season is the reason why he has become the apple of the home fans’ eyes. The French defender looks to be a long-term solution with the side benefiting immensely with him in the side as stats prove. I would not hesitate to admit that for mere €25 million fees, it is nothing but a great piece of business for Barcelona. Even though it is quite early to predict, this guy has potential to climb the ranks and leave his mark on the glittering era of Barcelona.

http://everythingbarca.com/2017/02/11/s ... -catalans/




Quote:
By Andy Warren For Mailonline and Rik Sharma For Reuters
PUBLISHED: 09:36 EDT, 13 March 2017 | UPDATED: 13:34 EDT, 13 March 2017

When you think of Barcelona's key players you are instantly drawn to the club's devastating front three.

Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar have scored an incredible 82 goals between them this season, leading from the front as Luis Enrique's side challenge for honours on three fronts.

But it is one of their relatively lesser lights who makes the biggest difference when it comes to wins and losses.

Defender Samuel Umtiti has quickly become a vital player for Barcelona since joining the club
+4
Defender Samuel Umtiti has quickly become a vital player for Barcelona since joining the club


Barcelona's bid to win La Liga was hit as they lost 2-1 at Deportivo on Sunday, with Neymar missing due to injury, but it was the absence of defender Samuel Umtiti which proved important.

Barcelona have won every one of the 16 league games in which he has featured since his summer move from Luon, while the Catalans have emerged triumphant in just two of 11 games without him.

Indeed, over the course of the last three seasons, encompassing two years with Lyon, Umtiti's teams have won 67.9 per cent of their games when he has been playing and just 18.1 per cent without him.

His absence had a direct impact in the defeat by Deportivo, with both of the hosts' goals coming from set pieces.

Barcelona has won all 16 La Liga matches they have played since the defender joined the club

Barcelona has won all 16 La Liga matches they have played since the defender joined the club

Javier Mascherano botched an attempted clearance that led to Joselu's opener, while Umtiti's replacement Jordi Alba was left rooted to the spot as Alex Bergantinos outjumped him to head the winning goal.

Playing centre-back is a tricky assignment at Barcelona, as highlighted by the string of defenders - from Dmytro Chygrynskiy to Thomas Vermaelen - who have attempted to perform the role but failed to make a mark at Camp Nou.

Umtiti took to it like a fish to water, playing with supreme confidence for a 23-year-old, and relishing the attacking responsibilities as much as the defensive ones.

Strong in the air, he is also extremely comfortable on the ball and can take it past opponents to find the right angle for a pass to help build attacks from the back.

'To be honest I am surprised by Umtiti's quick adaption,' said coach Luis Enrique. 'It's a position where the club has always had handicaps.'

Although both of them were excellent against Paris Saint-Germain, Mascherano is the victim of Umtiti's success, with a clamour growing for the Frenchman to be Gerard Pique's partner while the Argentine gets benched.

It hasn't been a flawless season for Umtiti, with poor performances against PSG in the 4-0 defeat in Paris and the 2-1 first leg defeat by Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey last 16.

But these missteps do little to mask the quality and calmness he has brought. He could be a rock in the defence for years to come.



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4dQGHifKu



I asked that question on February 15th! I see its taken you 2 months to respond. That is why they call you "after the fact" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



Brah u asked for an update. You got one that is apparently not to your liking. Now you are complaining about timeline....
Keep on rolling.....



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: @ not to my liking. boy, you dont know what is to my liking.

Fact is that you waited 2 months to answer. Mr. After the fact. :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:29 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43431
danfo driver wrote:
Mourinho don give Lingard contract extention. 100k a week! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Next up, Fellaini :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How Lingard is earning 100k can only be explained by a nutter like Jose and whoever he is sharing his portuguese weed with!

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13131
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mourinho don give Lingard contract extention. 100k a week! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Next up, Fellaini :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How Lingard is earning 100k can only be explained by a nutter like Jose and whoever he is sharing his portuguese weed with!


I have been waiting for your reaction all day! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: It is remarkable isnt it. Your man has finally lost it! I hear he is pushing for Fellaini to be given an extension. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7318
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mourinho don give Lingard contract extention. 100k a week! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Next up, Fellaini :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How Lingard is earning 100k can only be explained by a nutter like Jose and whoever he is sharing his portuguese weed with!


Lingard is British.

It's the same reason why Stones or Sterling cost £50 million odd each.

Let Dele Alli be bought by another club and the British record transfer fee will fall


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11125
Paying 100K a week to a squad rotation player who spends most of his time on the bench is madness. To think that only a few years ago, they let Pogba leave because he "demanded too much money" by asking for 20K a week (then a few months later agreed to pay 60K a week to Zaha). Something is awry in the MUFC transfer and budgeting department. They shipped out Rafa, Welbeck, Fletch*, Nani, Chicharito, and brought in Darmian, Bastian, Depay, and Falcao for more money. What is going on in the finance department?!

*Sidenote: LVG thought it wise to ship out Fletch for free and bring in Bastian for 7 million. This season, 33yo Fletch has covered more distance than the much hyped Ngolo Kante (who is 7 years younger than him). Fletch is in the top 5 players in the EPL in terms of distance covered. Something to think about.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ng-players

oloye wrote:
How Lingard is earning 100k can only be explained by a nutter like Jose and whoever he is sharing his portuguese weed with!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13131
wiseone wrote:
Paying 100K a week to a squad rotation player who spends most of his time on the bench is madness. To think that only a few years ago, they let Pogba leave because he "demanded too much money" by asking for 20K a week (then a few months later agreed to pay 60K a week to Zaha). Something is awry in the MUFC transfer and budgeting department. They shipped out Rafa, Welbeck, Fletch*, Nani, Chicharito, and brought in Darmian, Bastian, Depay, and Falcao for more money. What is going on in the finance department?!

*Sidenote: LVG thought it wise to ship out Fletch for free and bring in Bastian for 7 million. This season, 33yo Fletch has covered more distance than the much hyped Ngolo Kante (who is 7 years younger than him). Fletch is in the top 5 players in the EPL in terms of distance covered. Something to think about.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ng-players

oloye wrote:
How Lingard is earning 100k can only be explained by a nutter like Jose and whoever he is sharing his portuguese weed with!


To be fair to them, in this day and age, the home grown rule pretty much ties up your hands. Thats why I keep laughing at Arsenal fans who are saying they will get rid of all their british players. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The club simply cant. They need to the for the quota.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7318
Mourinho is just showing Old Trafford matchgoing fans who is the boss.

You boo Lingard - I give him a new 100k contract
You boo Fellaini - new contract loading

You fawn over & clap too much for Schweinsteiger - i release him to USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43431
benteke wrote:
Mourinho is just showing Old Trafford matchgoing fans who is the boss.

You boo Lingard - I give him a new 100k contract
You boo Fellaini - new contract loading

You fawn over & clap too much for Schweinsteiger - i release him to USA.

His arrogant arse will soon be booted unto the queue of the unemployed....i am already counting down!

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26181
Location: london
Mourinho will get one more season , anything like this season, he will be sacked

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13131
Mourinho on Lingard


Quote:
"We can be criticised for paying so much, but we would also be criticised if we lost a young English player made in the academy."

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 309  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ki igbo legal and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group