Rangers sack Imama

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rangers sack Imama

Post by Purity »

Football Naija‏ @Football_Naija

The 2016 #NPFL title-winning coach was asked to win their #CAFCC play-off 1st leg game against Zesco or be sacked and failed.

Football Naija‏ @Football_Naija
Rangers Int'l FC coach, Imama Amapakabo has been sacked after a very poor start to the season.
Chukwuma Agbo is now the interim coach.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rangers sack Imama

Post by cic old boy »

Na wa. Claudio Ranieri situation.
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Useless Rangers muhaha
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Imama should have walked after winning the cup..damn this is why i refused to go into coaching...it is one useless job..full of highs and lows..hero today villain tomorrow. To think just a couple of montha ago,he was being treated like a king, being courted like a beaitiful virgin, a few months later discarded like a worn out condom. That is the nauseating life of a football coach. I am sure they wont pay him his entitlements ..that is what makes it even sickening.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:Imama should have walked after winning the cup..damn this is why i refused to go into coaching...it is one useless job..full of highs and lows..hero today villain tomorrow. To think just a couple of montha ago,he was being treated like a king, being courted like a beaitiful virgin, a few months later discarded like a worn out condom. That is the nauseating life of a football coach. I am sure they won't pay him his entitlements ..that is what makes it even sickening.
Oloye,

For me, the best move by a Coach is NOT TO RESIGN. The best move is to BE SACKED. Why? Being sacked is normal and has no effect on future job and yet assures that you are paid off. Resigning means no pay off.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:Imama should have walked after winning the cup..damn this is why i refused to go into coaching...it is one useless job..full of highs and lows..hero today villain tomorrow. To think just a couple of montha ago,he was being treated like a king, being courted like a beaitiful virgin, a few months later discarded like a worn out condom. That is the nauseating life of a football coach. I am sure they won't pay him his entitlements ..that is what makes it even sickening.
Oloye,

For me, the best move by a Coach is NOT TO RESIGN. The best move is to BE SACKED. Why? Being sacked is normal and has no effect on future job and yet assures that you are paid off. Resigning means no pay off.
Good luck to that arrangement in Naija. When i said he should have walked ,i meant at the end of the season...the guy passed up many lucrative offers to stay with Rangers
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Oloye,

Good luck to that arrangement in Naija. When i said he should have walked ,i meant at the end of the season...the guy passed up many lucrative offers to stay with Rangers
Okay. You are right about moving on but the opportunity to coach in a continental competition must have been intoxicating. He will easily find a job in any case. A good coach will largely be noticed. Kennedy Boboye is leading the league today with Plateau United after leaving Abia Warriors. Makaiba left Wikki and is doing well with Akwa after a poor start. Ogunbote has never been without a job. Imama will surely find a job. I have no doubts on that.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

He signed a new N2m monthly deal for 2 years.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Wao terminated by email! Classy Rangers!

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The problem was not Imama, but managment. it was a bad idea to bring back CCC.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Poverty in Rangers...

Post by Purity »

International of Enugu, Imama Amapakabo has told the management of the embattled club to look elsewhere other than his side for reasons behind the continuous poor run of the team this season.

Amapakabo who led the coal city side to win the Nigeria Premier League after 32 years was sacked on Monday after the team which crashed out of the CAF Champions League also threw away a two goals lead to play 2-2 draw with Zesco FC of Zambia in the Federations Cup.

But in a radio interview monitored in Abuja on Tuesday, Amapakabo said he was not angry because posterity will surely vindicate him.

“There are too many things that happened which many people don’t know about. For me I have taken everything in good fate, in fact it is a thing of joy for me. As far as I am concerned I accomplished my dream in Rangers because I gave them what they never had for over 30 years.

“The issue of failure is not for me to explain but the management. There are people in the team that don’t have focus and if they fail to correct those anomalies, I don’t see them achieving anything.

“Let me tell you that as we speak Rangers have not cleared any player and I challenge the management of the team to publish my contract and to contradict any of my claims here. Things are so bad in Rangers that at times I had to use my money to feed the players. There is poverty in Rangers and it is ruining the Club’’.

But when asked why he refused to resign when things started getting out of hands, the former junior international said he had a contract which he wanted to protect; adding that he believed that things would turn round for the team.

Rangers are still at the rock bottom of the Nigerian Premier League.

https://t.co/WsWnqJRmy4
Last edited by Purity on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poverty runined Imama at Rangers...

Post by Purity »

Extract:
“Let me tell you that as we speak Rangers have not cleared any player and I challenge the management of the team to publish my contract and to contradict any of my claims here. Things are so bad in Rangers that at times I had to use my money to feed the players. There is poverty in Rangers and it is ruining the Club’’.

But when asked why he refused to resign when things started getting out of hands, the former junior international said he had a contract which he wanted to protect; adding that he believed that things would turn round for the team.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poverty runined Imama at Rangers...

Post by oloye »

When i raised this issue someone challenged me....i heard this information straight from people on the ground. I called the guy up and started yapping Rangers bla bla until the guy told me to hold and he narrated the state of affairs....my views changed since.

They used fake promises to tie down the players and officials, once they missed the opportunity of going to a greener pasture..they fell at the mercy of the management of the club who could not be bothered!

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poverty in Rangers...

Post by nemi2002 »

So basically if they don't act quickly, the antelopes will set another record in nigerian football. Win the league this season and then get relegated the next season. By the way they seem to be copying the iwuanyanwu poverty template.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Very sad..
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I complained when Chukwu was appointed GM.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Christian should stay very far from Rangers..
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Where are all the Enugu people here? No wonder they celebrated their winning the league for 6 whole months like it was the last supper. Maybe it was..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:Where are all the Enugu people here? No wonder they celebrated their winning the league for 6 whole months like it was the last supper. Maybe it was..
We are with the Enugu girls that like to do, to do, to do.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

They can't even do a football club properly and they want to do a country? Msshhheeew. Good luck with that :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who merged these threads? One is about the coach being sacked and the other is about poverty of Rangers, so they are not the same subject. Please separate the poverty thread. Some of us have more to discuss on that thread. Trying to hide the poverty of Rangers by merging it to this thread is abuse of power.

I protest!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.