TAMMY ABRAHAM SNUBS NIGERIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
TAMMY ABRAHAM SNUBS NIGERIA

Post by The YeyeMan »

Rohr Suffers Another Setback As Chelsea Prospect Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria For England
April 10, 2017
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/10/ro ... r-england/

Highly rated Chelsea teen forward Tammy Abraham has asked to be left out of Nigeria’s squad for their upcoming AFCON 2019 qualifiers against South Africa, as he wants to focus on playing for England.

Abraham who is on loan to Bristol City went into the record books when he scored his 19th league goal of the season in the English Championship to become the first teenager ever to score 16 or more goals in a Championship season.

Overall he has 22 goals this season, a tally which could have been more if not for the injury he sustained that saw him missed some games.

Nigeria approached the father of the England youth international, who incidentally is a close childhood friend of the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick, but their request to see him switch allegiance to Nigeria immediately was turned down.

"Tammy won’t be in the Nigerian team for upcoming qualifiers, maybe in the future but not so fast. He has confirmed his participation for England at the U-20 World Cup in Korea, which is around same time when Nigeria will be taking on South Africa”, Owngoalnigeria.com United Kingdom (UK) correspondent Michael James reports.

"He is keen on progressing through the ranks of the English national team set up. He has been told he is the future with age not on the side of Wayne Rooney, Jamie Vardy and Jermaine Defoe who are all ahead of him in the England pecking order”*.

The 19 year old becomes the second Anglo-Nigerian player who has opt to represent England instead of Nigeria within the space of one week, as Everton Ademola Lookman also did same last week.**

*Michael James
* Those quotes above are attributed to an OwnGoal journalist which is weird way of reporting this story.

** I haven't seen the Lookman story.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: TAMMY ABRAHAM SNUBS NIGERIA

Post by balo »

Dude wants to secure his future. But he should be careful.

One or 2 games for England and puff is a possibility.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

All he probably said is that he will be featuring in the England U23's, a tournament he is already committed to and clashes with the SA game. This in no way bars him from lacing up for the GWG. We just need to focus on the here and now players. Even if he is capped he not going to be a first team starter.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We can't have them all. Nigeria has to start looking inward and critically analyze why it is getting rejected for England. After analyzing the reason it has to come up with ways to address the issue in order to steam the tide. If care is not taken one day players born and raised in Nigeria will chose to play for an adopted country due to the lack of support from our FA. We are already experiencing it in Track and Field.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Its a Goal wrote:We can't have them all. Nigeria has to start looking inward and critically analyze why it is getting rejected for England. After analyzing the reason it has to come up with ways to address the issue in order to steam the tide. If care is not taken one day players born and raised in Nigeria will chose to play for an adopted country due to the lack of support from our FA. We are already experiencing it in Track and Field.
But... but.. Pinnick knows his father! :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Let the boy be. Qualify first and when England leaves him out he'll come to his senses.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

With own goal stories, I always wait.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If Nigeria admires footballers the English footballing system produces why can't they try to better them at youth level after all they (Nigeria) have won more world championships at youth level than anyone else but don't seem to know what to do with them!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

How many times do I need to remind you guys that he must first be required to get a man's name b4 he can play for us!

Cmoke
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cmoke wrote:How many times do I need to remind you guys that he must first be required to get a man's name b4 he can play for us!

Cmoke

Tamaraebi is a man's name. Tammy for short. :D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

What a foool. This kid is a complete moron
I doubt he will ever get a senior cap.
So many Better players have never been capped but this mumu thinks he will succeed rooney and Defoe
Good luck to him Nigeria has much better players anyway
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

smartbrother wrote:What a foool. This kid is a complete moron
So many Better players have never been capped but this mumu thinks he will succeed rooney and Defoe
No need for insult. It's his decision. Playing for Nigeria is not easy either. Some soul rather not play international footy than play for Nigeria
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

CrackRant :rotf: dude...he has EVERY RIGHT to pick England...20 goals in the Championship no be yam...if he proves himself to be topnotch in the epl next season who says he cant start for England?
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

after all the hype....

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote::taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

after all the hype....
<checks national team rankings>

DNQ sweet o!!! :taunt: :taunt:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The boy is beyond dumb.
Scoring in the championship counts for nothing outside the championship
Dwight Gayle - a crystal palace reject- is scoring for fun at the moment in the cha,pionship
22 goals despite missing over a dozen games through injury
Same goes for the likes of Jordan Rhodes from the previous season. You can score all you want in the championship. EPL teams will not come checking for you when they have the money to go after the very best strikers in Europe instead
tbh I highly doubt Abraham will see regular top flight football in the next 5 years

Furthermore the boy is a moron if he thinks a good season at championship level will be his springboard into the England Senior team
Patrick Bamford - a genuinely exceptional talent- completely dominated the championship when he played there and he is nowhere near the England national team
If there is no place for Bamford , Wickam and so many others how does this clown expect to break into the senior team
Kane,Vardy,Rashford, Gray, Alli ,Carroll, Wellbeck, Sturridge, Walcott, Deeney
..these are guys he would have to leapfrog in the next few seasons to be in contention for an England place

England wont even glance his way
I guarantee 10 years down the line when he is tired of rejection he will declare his allegiance to Nigeria
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Smartbrother indeed :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Mr Shows wrote:All he probably said is that he will be featuring in the England U23's, a tournament he is already committed to and clashes with the SA game. This in no way bars him from lacing up for the GWG. We just need to focus on the here and now players. Even if he is capped he not going to be a first team starter.
My thoughts exactly.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Oh dear another one Nigeria appoached and he said No abi ok o, Ibe, Agbolahor,onuoha ust a few examples of those that turned down Nigeria after approach. Well i wish good luck with England
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

imehjunior wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:All he probably said is that he will be featuring in the England U23's, a tournament he is already committed to and clashes with the SA game. This in no way bars him from lacing up for the GWG. We just need to focus on the here and now players. Even if he is capped he not going to be a first team starter.
My thoughts exactly.
ok let see how things develop after the u21 euros
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Tammy na woman's name.

Cmoke

balo wrote:
Cmoke wrote:How many times do I need to remind you guys that he must first be required to get a man's name b4 he can play for us!

Cmoke

Tamaraebi is a man's name. Tammy for short. :D
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

There is nothing new here as Abraham was always going to represent England at the U20 World Cup having been a part of their team up to this point. After the U20s that is when the real work begins in terms of England and Nigeria vying for him. I suspect that in the summer, the young man will want to to keep his options open, without ruling out either England or Nigeria for the immediate future. But I also suspect that he'll opt for Nigeria before it's all said and done.

Time will tell, of course but there's no worries for now. I am more pessimistic about Lookman than this lad.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:With own goal stories, I always wait.
You have scored many own goals yourself. :taunt:
http://www.naijiant.com/