[FA Cup] Chelsea v United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [FA Cup] Chelsea v United

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

mcal wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:Chelsea lucky team hope spurs end their good form.
Congratulations to Chelsea for knocking your former oga.
Hope Spurs end this Conte run,let him stick to epl as beloved eyes fa cup

fortune favors the strong. Chelsea has been playing really well, and getting the best out of their players. I can't have bad belle for them.
...they will be brought down to earth vs. Spurs, and could cause them to spiral out losing the epl lead.

is this based on any logic, or it's just feelings/religious belief?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:And the next paragraph to your highlight says:

Conte’s side adapted impressively, however. Hazard and Willian realised they were under close scrutiny and started to vary their positions more dramatically, with Hazard drifting into midfield and Willian moving across into an inside-left role. United were still attempting to man-mark, but Jones and Darmian clearly felt uncomfortable crossing to the opposite side of the pitch, and often let their opponents run free. Willian showed some lovely touches in possession, particularly with a couple of backheels into the path of team-mates which quickened the tempo, while Hazard became the game’s key player.
Yes there were not many passing lanes but the ball was mostly with Chelsea players and they switched the ball around at the back which was why the game was in Chelsea's half during that first 15 minutes. It wasn't because Man U players were doing anything with the ball.

If your team lost the first game at SB by 4, it is expected that you come back a bit more defensive in your approach, never mind that Mo was accusing Chelsea of being defensive, I wished Chelsea had scored those 2 goals that De Gea saved, then this discussion won't take place.
same here. For both shots, the game was 11 v 11

Yes we did start defensive and were growing into the game.
With the lineup (and missing players) I was expecting more than 1-0 defeat prior to KO
As the game wore on, i felt we genuinely had a chance.

This is the best that any team has played Chelsea at SB since your early season struggles

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote: Jose has finished Pogba..Paul should ask for a transfer
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: (I don't think he has done anything to him,Pogba is just not good as people make him out to be....
When we pulled out Mikel vs Matic stats on another forum,it worst worst for Matic yet how Jose was playing him ahead of boy wonder is a crime on his own.
Good to see Chelsea fans call him judas.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes.

Judas sent boy wonder to Tianjin...at the grand old age of.....TWENTY NINE.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

paj wrote:
tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

excellent analysis by Michael Cox. I saw a master tactician at work yesterday.
Prior to KO, i was expecting walkover, but the boys did well.

Interesting, he also mentioned what i initially said about Kante, but ITK's thought otherwise

We will beat Chelsea at OT
TFCO conveniently left this out :rotf:
another one who never watches games....lol

welcome to the post-game

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote: Jose has finished Pogba..Paul should ask for a transfer
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: (I don't think he has done anything to him,Pogba is just not good as people make him out to be....
When we pulled out Mikel vs Matic stats on another forum,it worst worst for Matic yet how Jose was playing him ahead of boy wonder is a crime on his own.
Good to see Chelsea fans call him judas.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes.

Judas sent boy wonder to Tianjin...at the grand old age of.....TWENTY NINE.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What still gets me is how boy wonder chose to retire with 150k, when his seniors are being offered 500k. SO, clearly, at chelsea, boy wonder must have been on 23k :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

excellent analysis by Michael Cox. I saw a master tactician at work yesterday.
Prior to KO, i was expecting walkover, but the boys did well.

Interesting, he also mentioned what i initially said about Kante, but ITK's thought otherwise

We will beat Chelsea at OT
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Chelsea don't have the Grace of God at all. People are celebrating victory over the devil today, yet they could not defeat the Red Devils.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

green4life wrote:
balo wrote:Herrera was still in the field when Chelsea camped at Man U's half and forced De Gea to make two great saves.
Thanks for reminding breda tfco that ManU didn't have a shot on target during the entire first half while CFC was winning corner kicks and fks left and right in their half and calling Dea Gea to make at least two absolutely world class saves to keep the score even at 11 v 11. .

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:
tfco wrote:we have nullified the threat of Kante.

he has been subpar today
:bump:

that was a headscratcher. Jose has brainwashed them :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

now you see who watches games.

Told you guys that Kante was nullified before the rc

And today the nullification continued.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:Herrera was still in the field when Chelsea camped at Man U's half and forced De Gea to make two great saves.
Thanks for reminding breda tfco that ManU didn't have a shot on target during the entire first half while CFC was winning corner kicks and fks left and right in their half and calling Dea Gea to make at least two absolutely world class saves to keep the score even at 11 v 11. .
You are a wicked boy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

green4life wrote:

he has been subpar today
you see what happens when it is 11 v 11?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
green4life wrote:

he has been subpar today

MikelfLovelyWife has gone missing like Hazard! TFCO, please release Mikel4DarlingWife from your pocket. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:i was lily-livered before the game but the boys played well

defending is truly an art.

Thank God we have JM

GK mistake, nice shot by Kante won it.

Yea. The art of the hack. What a bunch of useless hooligans.
when are you coming back?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:Nice set up Arsenal got City. Opportunity for Xhelsea to avenge the beat up by Spurs. Oya Arsenal let us see you flex your muscle against City.
Coach wrote:Best draw for Beloved. Worst team left in it. It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming, the FA Cup's coming home!
I agree with coach, this is probably Arsenal's best chance. It's the organized teams who have a plan that worry Arsenal the most. City will at least let the Gunners play. The only question is "do the Gunners have the testicular fortitude to actually punch back or will they sit and take a dozen slaps as they've done against bayern, chelsea, city, liverpool, United (they threw one punch back and the glass jawed Mourinho boys fell).
Nor be only testicles..i hope the phallus is there too...City will beat them like the bata drums of Olubadan.
:bump: :bump:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote:Best draw for Beloved. Worst team left in it. It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming, the FA Cup's coming home!
:bump: :bump: :bump:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:
green4life wrote:

he has been subpar today

MikelfLovelyWife has gone missing like Hazard! TFCO, please release Mikel4DarlingWife from your pocket. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This is rich coming from a team that finished 6th in the league and around 30 pts out of 1st place. CFC won 2 out of 3 gams vs ManU en route to winning the league whereas ManU and Jose finished last out of the top 6. What these folks are celebrating, frankly I don't see. The number top domestic prize is to be champion of your league and Chelsea took it this season. End of ..
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:
green4life wrote:

he has been subpar today

This is rich coming from a team that finished 6th in the league and around 30 pts out of 1st place. CFC won 2 out of 3 gams vs ManU en route to winning the league whereas ManU and Jose finished last out of the top 6. What these folks are celebrating, frankly I don't see. The number top domestic prize is to be champion of your league and Chelsea took it this season. End of ..

Although Man Utd won 3 trophies, MORE THAN CHELSEA, Man United was sh1111iit this season! Wetin con-sign me con-sign Man Untied? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The most important thing is that United beat the crap out of Chelsea, and you went missing. ThenArsenal gave you the beaten of your life, and should have been 5-0 by half time and you went to Owerri to hide. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Welcome back. Next season, with CL football, lets see Chelsea rest players for 7 days again. :rotf: :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Although Man Utd won 3 trophies, MORE THAN CHELSEA, Man United was sh1111iit this season! Wetin con-sign me con-sign Man Untied? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The most important thing is that United beat the crap out of Chelsea, and you went missing. ThenArsenal gave you the beaten of your life, and should have been 5-0 by half time and you went to Owerri to hide. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Welcome back. Next season, with CL football, lets see Chelsea rest players for 7 days again. :rotf: :rotf:
The point is you have no point because I've never gone anywhere - win, lose or draw. As for CL and 7 days rest, Chelsea has never participated in the CL previously, played in later rounds (QFs and Semi's) and still won the league multiple times previously abi? It's more difficult but it's been done before by CFC. This is the only season that CFC won the premier league without participating in the CL out of the last 5 league titles they won. Besides which CL did Jose coach in to justify a 6th place league finish? Has Chelsea not won Europa league in the recent past and still finished 3rd in the league? The point is Jose does not have an excuse to finish 6th this season. Na wetin suppose consign you since na Jose FC be your club :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote: Although Man Utd won 3 trophies, MORE THAN CHELSEA, Man United was sh1111iit this season! Wetin con-sign me con-sign Man Untied? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The point is you have no point because I've never gone anywhere - win, lose or draw. As for CL and 7 days rest, Chelsea has never participated in the CL previously, played in later rounds (QFs and Semi's) and still won the league multiple times previously abi? It's more difficult but it's been done before by CFC. This is the only season that CFC won the premier league without participating in the CL out of the last 5 league titles they won. Besides which CL did Jose coach in to justify a 6th place league finish? Has Chelsea not won Europa league in the recent past and still finished 3rd in the league? The point is Jose does not have an excuse to finish 6th this season. Na wetin suppose consign you since na Jose FC be your club :taunt:

I am surprised that you are confused. In my opinion, Jose had a terrible season. I made it clear that anything less than top 2 + 2 trophies was a failure.

Even as a capital failure, Jose won 3 trophies and Chelsea won 1. This is a fact, and it is indisputable.Image :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As for what you said here:
green4life wrote:As for CL and 7 days rest, Chelsea has never participated in the CL previously, played in later rounds (QFs and Semi's) and still won the league multiple times previously abi? It's more difficult but it's been done before by CFC.
Who were the coaches?

Do you know Conte's record in CL with Juventus? Juve was miserable under him in CL because he didnt know how to manage it. Since Conte left Juve, they have excelled in CL, getting the the final TWICE, with a chance to win it. And dont forget that Conte had a much better team than Allegri. He had the likes of Tevez, Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo...etc. Allegri has had to use weaker players and is on the cusp of a treble! something Conte couldnt smell. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: