[TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tfco wrote:
wiseone wrote:1) Andrew Smith was immense today. Marked Hazard out of the game, tackled and passed crisply, provided the assist and through ball for the first goal, and scored the second.

2) Lingard was brilliant today. Best game I have seen him play for MUFC. Which makes it even more puzzling that he was subbed with 30 minutes remaining (see 3 below).

3) PLEASE Jose, STOP doing that 'park the bus' thing you do every time the team takes the lead. Taking off attacking players and replacing them with 30 minutes to go in the hopes of holding a lead is risky. It cost the team points and victories against Arsenal, Stoke, West Ham, Everton, etc and nearly cost him the game against Boro. Shutting up shop with 5-10 minutes to go is understandable. Doing it with 30 minutes to go takes pressure off the opposition defence, allows the opposition to push up and attack, and invites pressure. The net effect of taking off Lingard with 30 minutes left was to let Chelsea back into the game, force Man Utd to defend, leave Rashford up front on his own against 3 defenders, and for Man Utd defenders to pick up yellow cards because they spent so much time defending.
i was expecting a Mkhi sub for Lingard.

When Carrick came on, i was shocked.

Carrick and The Big Fella
stop being shocked. Jose is a top manager with multiple trophies at top clubs for a reason. I cautioned guys on this thread who were making a mockery of the lineup that Jose was up to something, and not just winging it like a certain Winger... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: his lineup totally dominated and nullified Chelsea.
Fear dey me sha when this short man come to emirate,oh lord help my beloved and allow Jose park bus from kick off and come for a draw then bless us with two fast goals,score by Sanchez and KOS
delusional. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: E go do you like film trick
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]wiseone[/color] wrote: Man Utd cannot win the EPL (and it will take their best form of the season for them to finish in the top 4). However they will play the most decisive role in determining who wins the EPL and who finishes in the top 4 (since their run-in includes Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, and Spurs).
How many more times will ManU play Chelsea in the league oh wise one :blink:?
Moronic one. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: E be like dumb brother
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Bailly :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rashford :clap: :clap:
Herrara :clap: :clap: :clap:
Young :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rojo :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
They all showed up. Unlike Pogba :taunt: :taunt:
I wonder why kanté was anonymous.

Kante wasn't anonymous as you thought. But if most of the team were off their games, everyone else appeared very bad. Matic was beyond poor. The defense was in shambles. Luiz was so bad, it was beyond ridiculous.
:mrgreen:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Diego Costa really let down Chelsea in this game. Michy Batshuayi - well you chose Chelsea ahead of Spurs.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Read carefully and note I did not use future tense. I said "their run-in includes..." (AKA - the teams Man Utd play(ed) at the tail end of the season include...). Nowhere did I say they still had to play Chelsea again.
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]wiseone[/color] wrote: Man Utd cannot win the EPL (and it will take their best form of the season for them to finish in the top 4). However they will play the most decisive role in determining who wins the EPL and who finishes in the top 4 (since their run-in includes Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, and Spurs).
How many more times will ManU play Chelsea in the league oh wise one :blink:?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Two primary reasons:
(1) Because Man Utd kept the ball away from the deep DM areas where Kante patrols; and

(2) Size. When you are 5'6 tall, playing against two opposing CMs who are 6'3 and 6'4 must be uncomfortable (on the rare occasions when the ball came into 'Kante zones'). Several times, Man Utd played high lofted balls to Fellaini who controlled them on that velcro chest of his (no way Kante is going to beat Fellaini in the air).
bamenda boy wrote: I wonder why kanté was anonymous.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:Image
hmmm interesting
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wiseone wrote:Two primary reasons:
(1) Because Man Utd kept the ball away from the deep DM areas where Kante patrols; and

(2) Size. When you are 5'6 tall, playing against two opposing CMs who are 6'3 and 6'4 must be uncomfortable (on the rare occasions when the ball came into 'Kante zones'). Several times, Man Utd played high lofted balls to Fellaini who controlled them on that velcro chest of his (no way Kante is going to beat Fellaini in the air).
How tall is Matic? Where was he?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:
wiseone wrote:Two primary reasons:

How tall is Matic? Where was he?
Gbola, how market? :mrgreen:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nobody gave man united a chance, all the British punters said Chelsea will win, so I guess there was no pressure on united, it's a shame we did not score more than 2 goals, we could have taken them to the cleaners by half time if Rashford and young and finished their chances
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

marko wrote:Nobody gave man united a chance, all the British punters said Chelsea will win, so I guess there was no pressure on united, it's a shame we did not score more than 2 goals, we could have taken them to the cleaners by half time if Rashford and young and finished their chances

Even at 1 - 0, the thought was that Chelsea would come back to at least draw the game.

Bad day in the office.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

balo wrote:
marko wrote:Nobody gave man united a chance, all the British punters said Chelsea will win, so I guess there was no pressure on united, it's a shame we did not score more than 2 goals, we could have taken them to the cleaners by half time if Rashford and young and finished their chances

Even at 1 - 0, the thought was that Chelsea would come back to at least draw the game.

Bad day in the office.
Certainly bad day in the office, Chelsea never expected a display like this from united and had no answers to the man marking tactics, due to bad finishing, the scoreline could have been different, I expected a draw in this game due to the fact it was a home game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.
Gbola, good morning. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.
Certainly bad day in the office, Chelsea never expected a display like this from united and had no answers to the man marking tactics, due to bad finishing, the scoreline could have been different, I expected a draw in this game due to the fact it was a home game
And United played in Belgium 2 days before while your boys were sipping gin and juice all week? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

marko wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.

Man U didn't have much luck in their last few home games. So I understand your expectation.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

to be honest i had a strong feeling ManU would win. first akpere Bergovic dey post, then stiff Zouma , who isn't built for the 3 man defense... and the way Rashford abused the back line.. i was like eh ,
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Bigpokey24 wrote:to be honest i had a strong feeling ManU would win. first akpere Bergovic dey post, then stiff Zouma , who isn't built for the 3 man defense... and the way Rashford abused the back line.. i was like eh ,
...how could you blame the goalie, the 2 goals were never his fault.
A master pass to Rashford who out ran the drunk Brazilian to slot in, even Timbuktu could not have saved that;
And the 2nd was deflection from a well placed shot from Harrera. Many will balloon the ball high, but this guy kept it low hoping for a deflect.
Over all, Chelsea were not up it yesterday, especially Hazard.
The pineapple face wanted to fight, good thing he was matched up with fellow spanish speaking opponents especially Rojo, they were able to exchange known curse word at each other :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.
And United played in Belgium 2 days before while your boys were sipping gin and juice all week? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Whose boys? I have been a united fan for over 30 years!!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

mcal wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:to be honest i had a strong feeling ManU would win. first akpere Bergovic dey post, then stiff Zouma , who isn't built for the 3 man defense... and the way Rashford abused the back line.. i was like eh ,
A master pass to Rashford who out ran the drunk Brazilian to slot in, even Timbuktu could not have saved that;
And the 2nd was deflection from a well placed shot from Harrera. Many will balloon the ball high, but this guy kept it low hoping for a deflect.
The pineapple face wanted to fight, good thing he was matched up with fellow spanish speaking opponents especially Rojo, they were able to exchange known curse word at each other :biggrin:

Cheat met master chess player. Rojo wasn't buying any of what Costa was selling.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

balo wrote:
mcal wrote:

Cheat met master chess player. Rojo wasn't buying any of what Costa was selling.
...exatamente!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rojo/bailly jones/smalling , jones is a good defender but the rojo bailly combination looks tough

Marko
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.

Whose boys? I have been a united fan for over 30 years!!
Don't mind that danfo driving buffoon. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.