[TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Man United (2-0) Chelsea [Oloye's boy, Ander]

Post by txj »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote: Injuries, not so much tactics, has been the decisive factor in the EPL this season. Look how much one key injury, Marcos Alonso, affected Chelsea today...

They are the only top team that has avoided the injury bug for the most part.
Mr After the Facts, you have come again. So you are saying Conte did not have any tactical input that has given Chelsea the lead right? Interesting that you are attributing their rise to them staying fit. How many players have ARSEnal, ManU and Man City lost to injury compared to Chelsea? Quite negligible.
1. No, that's not what I'm saying. There is no denying the tactical input of Conte. But the decisive factor IMO that has enabled his tactics to thrive is that they have stayed RELATIVELY injury free.

And by injury free, I'm not simply counting numbers, but specific individuals and their value to the tactical construction. What do I mean?

2. Last night Chelsea changed wingbacks 2-3 times and eventually changed to a back four, just cus they lost Alonso!

Now compare this to Arsenal who have had to do without Santi Carzola, who is they key player that gives them balance in their tactical setup.

Or Man City, re Kompany. Or Liverpool, re Mane/Coutinho/Henderson... I would cite Spurs, but they have coped very, very well when playing without Alderweired or Rose, etc

3. Chelsea is the only team that has not lost a decisive player to injury for a long period...

4. Not saying its the reason they lost last night, but you could see that tactically they could never adjust to the loss of Alonso..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:to be honest i had a strong feeling ManU would win. first akpere Bergovic dey post, then stiff Zouma , who isn't built for the 3 man defense... and the way Rashford abused the back line.. i was like eh ,
...how could you blame the goalie, the 2 goals were never his fault.
A master pass to Rashford who out ran the drunk Brazilian to slot in, even Timbuktu could not have saved that;
And the 2nd was deflection from a well placed shot from Harrera. Many will balloon the ball high, but this guy kept it low hoping for a deflect.
Over all, Chelsea were not up it yesterday, especially Hazard.
The pineapple face wanted to fight, good thing he was matched up with fellow spanish speaking opponents especially Rojo, they were able to exchange known curse word at each other :biggrin:

You guys think we are stupid! "Chelsea was not up to it" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: yea right! If United lost, would you have said "United was not up to it?" The same way Spurs trounced Chelsea. Please! Fact is Chelsea were up to it, and United came into the pitch and beat them around the whole place.

Chelsea lost Alonso and they were twerking.

United lost Smalling, Jones and Mata to injury; and then dropped Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, Shaw, Martial, Carrick,

Please.... :roll: :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Rojo/bailly jones/smalling , jones is a good defender but the rojo bailly combination looks tough
One of them has to go because your coach is bringing in a CB this summer.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
balo wrote:
marko wrote:Nobody gave man united a chance, all the British punters said Chelsea will win, so I guess there was no pressure on united, it's a shame we did not score more than 2 goals, we could have taken them to the cleaners by half time if Rashford and young and finished their chances

Even at 1 - 0, the thought was that Chelsea would come back to at least draw the game.

Bad day in the office.
Certainly bad day in the office, Chelsea never expected a display like this from united and had no answers to the man marking tactics, due to bad finishing, the scoreline could have been different, I expected a draw in this game due to the fact it was a home game
And United played in Belgium 2 days before while your boys were sipping gin and juice all week? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Whose boys? I have been a united fan for over 30 years!!
Don't mind that danfo driving buffoon. :lol:

Kaiii this result really pain yeyeb1tch! poverty no good o! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Pogba, please take care of this man na... please..na only e dey. :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Two tactical things from this game stood out for me:

1) The Man Utd team must have a ton of faith in JM to so faithfully RE-execute the same game plan that they tried in their loss to Chelsea in the FA Cup. Players usually lose faith in tactics that are used in a game they lose. For them to resurrect the same game plan and do it even better this time, says what they think of JM's ideas.

2) Chelsea must have known that Man Utd would repeat the same tactics they deployed in the FA Cup game. You'd think the 30+ days they had since then would have given them time to figure out a way to circumvent Man Utd's game plan. Yet they seemed so unprepared for it as if they had never seen it before.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:
1) The Man Utd team must have a ton of faith in JM to so faithfully RE-execute the same game plan that they tried in their loss to Chelsea in the FA Cup. Players usually lose faith in tactics that are used in a game they lose. For them to resurrect the same game plan and do it even better this time, says what they think of JM's ideas.

You dont know Mourinho. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: When Mourinho tells you to do something and you dont do it, you'd learn the hard way. Go and ask Martial.

As Sneijder once said, "when you are dead to Jose, you are truly dead. There is no coming back from it."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]wiseone[/color] wrote: Two tactical things from this game stood out for me:

2) Chelsea must have known that Man Utd would repeat the same tactics they deployed in the FA Cup game. You'd think the 30+ days they had since then would have given them time to figure out a way to circumvent Man Utd's game plan. Yet they seemed so unprepared for it as if they had never seen it before.
But it shouldn't be surprising when it worked to a T until the Herrera sending off.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Two tactical things from this game stood out for me:

that FA Cup game pain me too much. Chelsea were being contained until Oliver spoiled the game.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:to be honest i had a strong feeling ManU would win. first akpere Bergovic dey post, then stiff Zouma , who isn't built for the 3 man defense... and the way Rashford abused the back line.. i was like eh ,
A master pass to Rashford who out ran the drunk Brazilian to slot in, even Timbuktu could not have saved that;
And the 2nd was deflection from a well placed shot from Harrera. Many will balloon the ball high, but this guy kept it low hoping for a deflect.
The pineapple face wanted to fight, good thing he was matched up with fellow spanish speaking opponents especially Rojo, they were able to exchange known curse word at each other :biggrin:

You guys think we are stupid! "Chelsea was not up to it" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: yea right! If United lost, would you have said "United was not up to it?" The same way Spurs trounced Chelsea. Please! Fact is Chelsea were up to it, and United came into the pitch and beat them around the whole place.

United lost Smalling, Jones and Mata to injury; and then dropped Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, Shaw, Martial, Carrick,

...if Man Utd had lost it would have been understandable given how they played last Thursday, but for a league leader, well rested as some pointed out here, for not able to score 1 goal in 90 minutes, and blaming it all one player (Alonso) absence :shock:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

mcal wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:

...if Man Utd had lost it would have been understandable given how they played last Thursday, but for a league leader, well rested as some pointed out here, for not able to score 1 goal in 90 minutes, and blaming it all one player (Alonso) absence :shock:

They would have to get one on target first.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Conte didn't prepare his team for this game. At this stage, Title would only be a bonus. Kai hope we can get second place . Top 4 was the goal at the end of the season. This has been met. :clap:
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

kajifu wrote:
Igugu wrote:
ANC wrote:I cannot chelsea let Mikel go, but kept Matic
Letting Mikel go was something personal with Conte. It was to punish him. Moreover most European coaches do not like Nigerians that much anyway. You can see how the coaches treat them. Even though they are better than what they have on the field, the coaches would rather lose than have a Nigerian play important role for them.
Haba you going too far.....but Conte is a fool to let Mikel go just like that also Wenger and Klopp also a fool not to go for him
Rubbish analysis. Chelsea did not lose because Mikel wasn't there.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Lager-back wrote:Conte didn't prepare his team for this game. At this stage, Title would only be a bonus. Kai hope we can get second place . Top 4 was the goal at the end of the season. This has been met. :clap:
:lol:
i know you're being sarcastic but i cannot resist the bait

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:
marko wrote:Nobody gave man united a chance, all the British punters said Chelsea will win, so I guess there was no pressure on united, it's a shame we did not score more than 2 goals, we could have taken them to the cleaners by half time if Rashford and young and finished their chances

Even at 1 - 0, the thought was that Chelsea would come back to at least draw the game.

Bad day in the office.

Just accept that Conte had no answer to Mourinho's tactics and that your team were soundly beaten and look forward to the next game this weekend against in form Spurs
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.

Just accept that Conte had no answer to Mourinho's tactics and that your team were soundly beaten and look forward to the next game this weekend against in form Spurs

What's not to accept? It was a bad day for Chelsea.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

2 days gone and there is still talk about the game, if anything man united have under achieved this season, we should be in the title race by now, we have only lost 3 premiership games this season! The draws have just killed us, just hope we use the same intensity for the remaining games, the united city game will be another classic, we have a few games in hand
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.

A bad day....with 7 days rest? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

this was a tactical masterclass in coaching.

Conte was schooled like he has never been, since arriving in London.

Thursday night - football
Friday - rest
Saturday - train
Sunday - 2 nil

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tfco wrote:
balo wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.

A bad day....with 7 days rest? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

this was a tactical masterclass in coaching.

Conte was schooled like he has never been, since arriving in London.

Thursday night - football
Friday - rest
Saturday - train
Sunday - 2 nil

Sounds like an achievement.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

it is

2 days rest and beating the champions elect

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In some ways it is a scandal that Man Utd are still fighting to get into the top 4. Those shocking home draws where they missed chance after chance and contrived to draw at home with Arsenal, Stoke, West Ham, Hull (and conceding a penalty away at Everton in the dying minutes) has cost the team dearly. Man Utd have won only 7 of their last 17 home games, and the last time they drew this many matches in a season was 35 years ago. :shock:

marko wrote:2 days gone and there is still talk about the game, if anything man united have under achieved this season, we should be in the title race by now, we have only lost 3 premiership games this season! The draws have just killed us, just hope we use the same intensity for the remaining games, the united city game will be another classic, we have a few games in hand
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.

Just accept it, Conte has already accepted.

Chelsea has already had 5 bad days in the League this season, one more bad day and Spurs will be proper breathing down your necks.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.

Chelsea has already had 5 bad days in the League this season, one more bad day and Spurs will be proper breathing down your necks.

In case you didn't know. CP also beat Chelsea. It's part of the drill. You take your beating and move on to the next game.

Chelsea has beaten Man U twice this season. Get on with the the next game already. Don't dwell on having beaten Chelsea. You should be concerned about making top 4.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

Bad day in the office.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: