Eagles Reportedly Agree to Play WCQ without Bonuses....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Eagles Reportedly Agree to Play WCQ without Bonuses....

Post by Enugu II »

No More Match Bonus – Super Eagles Players Agree To Play Remaining World Cup Qualifiers For Free
April 17, 2017 Nigeria
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/17/no ... -for-free/

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has reached agreement with players of the Super Eagles of Nigeria to play their remaining World Cup 2018 qualifiers for free to bring to an end the constant row over match bonuses.

Nigeria currently lead their World Cup 2018 Qualifiers group four points more than second placed Cameroon , who they will face in back to back games in September when the qualifiers resume.

” We (NFF) have a very good agreement with the players to ensure that row over bonus won’t break out and derail our chances of qualifying for the World Cup in Russia. To be candid we are broke, better to let the players know early ‘, a source from the NFF told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The players understand our plight, and have agreed to play for free in the remaining games. The aim is to be at the World Cup in Russia, it will be a win win situation for the players if we make it to the World Cup especially for those who will be out of contract during the World Cup period”.

Ade Emmanuel
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Eagles Reportedly Agree to Play WCQ without Bonuses....

Post by 1naija »

Own goal
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Arrangee masters at it again! Can't pay the coach or players. Has the Entire NFF board and staff agreed to go unpaid too? This is disgusting behavior that we need to disabuse ourselves of in Nigeria. The idea that someone can work for free or hope to get paid is not right at all. I'd go as far as saying that it's a form of human rights abuse. We do it everywhere all the time.

Doctors,professors, govt workers,drivers even retaIlers, Now we have moved on to football players, what a shame of a country we are. Is this due to oil prices too? :mad:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The Federal Government need to step into the matter and save Nigeria from further embarrassment. I hope the foreign born players are not having second thoughts.
I am happy
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

How the NFF's marketing team have failed to get any mileage out of the SE brand beggars belief. Anyway, as with most government parastatals, you have incompetent stooges running the show. Loads of people shuffling paper around with zero productivity. Pinnick should hold his head in shame 'if' this is true.....
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Dammy wrote:The Federal Government need to step into the matter and save Nigeria from further embarrassment. I hope the foreign born players are not having second thoughts.
The FG have no business funding the NFF.... Pinnick and his cohorts need to come up with a plan to make NFF self sufficient.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Qualification don get k leg
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

1naija wrote:Own goal
Pinnick is doing a great job :thumbs: :P
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So with all these oil companies drilling and pumping out the black gold and exporting it out of the country you mean to tell me the NFF can't find sponsors?
most national teams pay their national team via sponsors and the major nations don't even rely on government handouts,it's as if the NFF thought they could continue to rely on government funding then pay players from petty cash biscuit tin in the hotel lobby.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I just have a hunch that owngoal is not reporting the full story. Here is my hunch: that players agree to play qualifiers without remuneration in exchange for an agreed qualification bonus. That is what I believe makes sense. Thus it is forgoing per match bonuses in exchange for larger bonus for Tournament qualification. I could be wrong but that is my hunch.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Enugu II wrote:I just have a hunch that owngoal is not reporting the full story. Here is my hunch: that players agree to play qualifiers without remuneration in exchange for an agreed qualification bonus. That is what I believe makes sense. Thus it is forgoing per match bonuses in exchange for larger bonus for Tournament qualification. I could be wrong but that is my hunch.
Makes sense, else it will be a straight case of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop..
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote:I just have a hunch that owngoal is not reporting the full story. Here is my hunch: that players agree to play qualifiers without remuneration in exchange for an agreed qualification bonus. That is what I believe makes sense. Thus it is forgoing per match bonuses in exchange for larger bonus for Tournament qualification. I could be wrong but that is my hunch.
...And what will the qualification bonus be? Who will be paying this, and when?
This kind of arrangement is typical of our 'oga them'.
After qualification and no agreed bonus paid, then we will be faced with
NFF threatening to go to the WC with scrap players when those who qualify
boycott the team.
Why can't we ever have smooth arrangements? Wuru-wuru!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Eaglezbeak wrote:So with all these oil companies drilling and pumping out the black gold and exporting it out of the country you mean to tell me the NFF can't find s sponsors?
most national teams pay their national team via sponsors and the major nations don't even rely on government handouts,it's as if the NFF thought they could continue to rely on government funding then pay players from petty cash biscuit tin in the hotel lobby.
We of course have ready sponsors but the ready sponsors don't have a competent FA to deal with. NFF's sponsorship history is horrible. They enagage and then cancel - the focus is the lump sum they get and then they violate the contract, resell sponsorhsip when one is still in flight. NFF ONLY knows how to consume not how to generate ANYTHING. Worst of all, beyond consumption, they're good at sucking life out of any revenue generating program put in their care - killing any goose that can lay an egg and eating all the eggs too.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote:The Federal Government need to step into the matter and save Nigeria from further embarrassment. I hope the foreign born players are not having second thoughts.
...the more you draw government into this the more they stay lazy and get free money.
They, the NFA, should go out and sell the Nigerian football to all the millionaires and billionaires in Nigeria and around the world for advertisement and promotion money.
They are damn ffuckin lazy fools.
Will the egghead and his crew work for free too?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Mr Shows wrote:
The FG have no business funding the NFF.... Pinnick and his cohorts need to come up with a plan to make NFF self sufficient.
...I tell you, I don't know why some Nigerians are still steeped in colo-behavior, handouts, in this age of business. Everything government this and that.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

This will blow in thier face after qualification and in the competition.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

icee wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:So with all these oil companies drilling and pumping out the black gold and exporting it out of the country you mean to tell me the NFF can't find s sponsors?
We of course have ready sponsors but the ready sponsors don't have a competent FA to deal with. NFF's sponsorship history is horrible. They enagage and then cancel - the focus is the lump sum they get and then they violate the contract, resell sponsorhsip when one is still in flight. NFF ONLY knows how to consume not how to generate ANYTHING. Worst of all, beyond consumption, they're good at sucking life out of any revenue generating program put in their care - killing any goose that can lay an egg and eating all the eggs too.
That sounds right!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

That's pure boloney. Even if some players are considering it, I'm sure their handlers would do everything they can to dissuade them. Which member of the NFF works for free? Next thing you know they'll be claiming that the coaching staff has also agreed to forego their salaries :rotf: :!:

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mcal wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
...I tell you, I don't know why some Nigerians are still steeped in colo-behavior, handouts, in this age of business. Everything government this and that.
The FG need to come up with a Presidential task force like GEJ did to ensure qualification for the 2010 WC. The task force will raise funds for the team as leaving it in the hands of the NFF may lead to chaos and the SE failing to qualify for the WC. It is better to nip the problem in the bud now and not wait until it blows up on our faces. The Pinnick led NFF do not have the clout to approach rich Nigerians and corporate bodies for finance but the FG can do that on their behalf. If Pinnick could raise the funds, he would have done so or you guys want funds to scupper the SE WCQs?
I am happy
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Arrangee masters at it again! Can't pay the coach or players. Has the Entire NFF board and staff agreed to go unpaid too? This is disgusting behavior that we need to disabuse ourselves of in Nigeria. The idea that someone can work for free or hope to get paid is not right at all. I'd go as far as saying that it's a form of human rights abuse. We do it everywhere all the time.

Doctors,professors, govt workers,drivers even retaIlers, Now we have moved on to football players, what a shame of a country we are. Is this due to oil prices too? :mad:

Hell may have to freeze first.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

This our Nigeria, coming on the back drop of $$$$$ looting left right center. I hope we don't blow back to back WCQ against the meat eaters of cameroun.
Goldenera94
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

This may lend credence to that report about Rohr being unpaid since December. If true, the good news here is they've been proactive and tried to reach a deal with the players before hand instead of waiting till the next qualifying game. It's a big risk for the players though as they likely won't get a cent if they don't achieve qualification. As was said, what if come qualification, they renege, we might have 2002 all over again resorting to junk players as Taribo said.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

That'll be waiting on FIFA money. We know how that can go. After WC 2018, we need to sit down and evaluate if what teams we keep and what tournaments we go to. Looks like we don't have enough for the senior teams yet have all these other teams to cater to.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS