Eagles Reportedly Agree to Play WCQ without Bonuses....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagles Reportedly Agree to Play WCQ without Bonuses....

Post by wanaj0 »

CE should sponsor SE! Where is CE Contributing editor when you need him :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

felarey wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I just have a hunch that owngoal is not reporting the full story. Here is my hunch: that players agree to play qualifiers without remuneration in exchange for an agreed qualification bonus. That is what I believe makes sense. Thus it is forgoing per match bonuses in exchange for larger bonus for Tournament qualification. I could be wrong but that is my hunch.
That'll be waiting on FIFA money. We know how that can go. After WC 2018, we need to sit down and evaluate if what teams we keep and what tournaments we go to. Looks like we don't have enough for the senior teams yet have all these other teams to cater to.

That is exactly what I think. If the team qualifies, it will then be a few weeks before the FIFA preparation money arrives which they probably would have in hand to pay a lump sum. I believe (not sure now) that Ghana or some other African team recently moved to this type of compensation plan i.e. away from match-to-match compensation.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Something tells me OWN GOAL people have CE memberships hence know exactly what to write to get CE forumers anxious & raving
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

goldenera94 wrote:This our Nigeria, coming on the back drop of $$$$$ looting left right center. I hope we don't blow back to back WCQ against the meat eaters of cameroun.
...abi o. On CE, that lolly-pop guy will open threads left right and center about millions and millions stolen, recovered, hidden, found, this going everyday 365 days, yet all these thieves and their collaborators can't find it fit to channel that money for good use, sponsor the national teams.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote:
mcal wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Dammy wrote:The Federal Government need to step into the matter and save Nigeria from further embarrassment. I hope the foreign born players are not having second thoughts.
The FG have no business funding the NFF.... Pinnick and his cohorts need to come up with a plan to make NFF self sufficient.
...I tell you, I don't know why some Nigerians are still steeped in colo-behavior, handouts, in this age of business. Everything government this and that.
The FG need to come up with a Presidential task force like GEJ did to ensure qualification for the 2010 WC. The task force will raise funds for the team as leaving it in the hands of the NFF may lead to chaos and the SE failing to qualify for the WC. It is better to nip the problem in the bud now and not wait until it blows up on our faces. The Pinnick led NFF do not have the clout to approach rich Nigerians and corporate bodies for finance but the FG can do that on their behalf. If Pinnick could raise the funds, he would have done so or you guys want funds to scupper the SE WCQs?
...Nigeria is a grown country with men and women and should divorce herself from government help for something universally done in other countries by individuals. Task force, an avenue to steal more.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Enugu II wrote:
felarey wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I just have a hunch that owngoal is not reporting the full story. Here is my hunch: that players agree to play qualifiers without remuneration in exchange for an agreed qualification bonus. That is what I believe makes sense. Thus it is forgoing per match bonuses in exchange for larger bonus for Tournament qualification. I could be wrong but that is my hunch.
That'll be waiting on FIFA money. We know how that can go. After WC 2018, we need to sit down and evaluate if what teams we keep and what tournaments we go to. Looks like we don't have enough for the senior teams yet have all these other teams to cater to.

That is exactly what I think. If the team qualifies, it will then be a few weeks before the FIFA preparation money arrives which they probably would have in hand to pay a lump sum. I believe (not sure now) that Ghana or some other African team recently moved to this type of compensation plan i.e. away from match-to-match compensation.
So what happens if we don't qualify?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:The Federal Government need to step into the matter and save Nigeria from further embarrassment. I hope the foreign born players are not having second thoughts.
Yeah, this could dent their believes or morale and et al. In addition, I am concerned of what such can cause to the players in general
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II: Assuming you are right with your "hunch", what happens to players who, after playing the qualification matches fails to make the team for the World Cup?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

If this report is accurate, the WCQ is in jeopardy...

icee is right:
We of course have ready sponsors but the ready sponsors don't have a competent FA to deal with. NFF's sponsorship history is horrible. They enagage and then cancel - the focus is the lump sum they get and then they violate the contract, resell sponsorhsip when one is still in flight. NFF ONLY knows how to consume not how to generate ANYTHING. Worst of all, beyond consumption, they're good at sucking life out of any revenue generating program put in their care - killing any goose that can lay an egg and eating all the eggs too...
Where are Pinnick's promises to introduce proper corporate organisation to the NFF? Why was Pinnick voted in?

When shall we ever resolve to do things the proper way?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II: Assuming you are right with your "hunch", what happens to players who, after playing the qualification matches fails to make the team for the World Cup?
Odas,

:rotf: :rotf: Usually, you get nothing except if you had negotiated a small appearance fee. Because it is a risk, it is likely that the 'negotiated' qualifying bonus should be significantly higher than the usual match-by-match bonuses while the 'appearance fee' should, logically, be significantly lower than the usual 'match-by-match' bonus in theory. That should be the more equitable compensation for risk in that situation. Hopefully, my guess is actually true. TBH, I have not read any of these. I am simply guessing on these issues.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

why can't Dangote sponsor SE? He gets to monopolize sugar, cement, Rice, salt and gets to buy forex cheaper than the official rate. can we at least get him to pay for a coach? Maybe they should promise him half of the wc proceeds and all of Anc except flight tickets. Might that get him to front us some cash
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:why can't Dangote sponsor SE? He gets to monopolize sugar, cement, Rice, salt and gets to buy forex cheaper than the official rate. can we at least get him to pay for a coach? Maybe they should promise him half of the wc proceeds and all of Anc except flight tickets. Might that get him to front us some cash
...he'll rather put his money into an epl club, or attempt to. I no blame am, there things are done accordingly with profit in mind, here, egghead and co would rather chop and hold their hands out for more.
hangingfire
Egg
Egg

Post by hangingfire »

icee wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:So with all these oil companies drilling and pumping out the black gold and exporting it out of the country you mean to tell me the NFF can't find s sponsors?
most national teams pay their national team via sponsors and the major nations don't even rely on government handouts,it's as if the NFF thought they could continue to rely on government funding then pay players from petty cash biscuit tin in the hotel lobby.
We of course have ready sponsors but the ready sponsors don't have a competent FA to deal with. NFF's sponsorship history is horrible. They enagage and then cancel - the focus is the lump sum they get and then they violate the contract, resell sponsorhsip when one is still in flight. NFF ONLY knows how to consume not how to generate ANYTHING. Worst of all, beyond consumption, they're good at sucking life out of any revenue generating program put in their care - killing any goose that can lay an egg and eating all the eggs too.
NFF have ample sponsors and indeed raise billions of naira through players' transfers, national teams sponsorship, match sales and CAF, FIFA competition remunerations. The federal government also doles out budgeted annual stipends to them. The question is: where does all these monies end up? The answer is: they end up in the deep pockets of the NFA chairman and his executives. Amos Adamu became one of the richest men in Nigeria when he was made the sole administrator of the NFA now NFF. Another very rich Nigerian is col Abdul Muminu Aminu, whose NFA administration also hosted Nigeria '99 world youth championship, a lavish affair jived up by the late head of state, General Sanni Abacha who is on record second to none other than, (only), oga patapata of the ole barawo, General Olusegun Obasanjo in the annals of Nigeria's supreme corruption kingpins. Corruption is the bane of the NFF same goes for all Nigerian institutions.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

hangingfire wrote:
icee wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:So with all these oil companies drilling and pumping out the black gold and exporting it out of the country you mean to tell me the NFF can't find s sponsors?
most national teams pay their national team via sponsors and the major nations don't even rely on government handouts,it's as if the NFF thought they could continue to rely on government funding then pay players from petty cash biscuit tin in the hotel lobby.
We of course have ready sponsors but the ready sponsors don't have a competent FA to deal with. NFF's sponsorship history is horrible. They enagage and then cancel - the focus is the lump sum they get and then they violate the contract, resell sponsorhsip when one is still in flight. NFF ONLY knows how to consume not how to generate ANYTHING. Worst of all, beyond consumption, they're good at sucking life out of any revenue generating program put in their care - killing any goose that can lay an egg and eating all the eggs too.
NFF have ample sponsors and indeed raise billions of naira through players' transfers, national teams sponsorship, match sales and CAF, FIFA competition remunerations. The federal government also doles out budgeted annual stipends to them. The question is: where does all these monies end up? The answer is: they end up in the deep pockets of the NFA chairman and his executives. Amos Adamu became one of the richest men in Nigeria when he was made the sole administrator of the NFA now NFF. Another very rich Nigerian is col Abdul Muminu Aminu, whose NFA administration also hosted Nigeria '99 world youth championship, a lavish affair jived up by the late head of state, General Sanni Abacha who is on record second to none other than, (only), oga patapata of the ole barawo, General Olusegun Obasanjo in the annals of Nigeria's supreme corruption kingpins. Corruption is the bane of the NFF same goes for all Nigerian institutions.
Do u know who sponsors them and how much they've received? I know the FG was owing 4 months salary as of march.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Eagles Star Clears The Air On Playing World Cup 2018 Qualifiers For Free
April 19, 2017
Nigeria

A senior player of the Super Eagles of Nigeria has reached out to the editor of this portal to speak on the reports of the players agreeing to play for free in the remaining World Cup 2018 qualifiers.

” Maybe your source didn’t explain to you in details. We had a meeting with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in London. We agreed that the issue of match bonus won’t make us down tools during the World Cup qualifiers.

” We pleaded with the NFF that we won’t hold the nation to ransom over bonuses, but they on their part have to pay us when they have money, not that we will play for free.

” ‎Furthermore it was agreed that our bonus will be $5,000 for the 2019 Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa in June. So the issue of playing for free is a none starter”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/19/ea ... -for-free/
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Thank you. That initial story sure felt like something was amiss.
Dammy wrote:Eagles Star Clears The Air On Playing World Cup 2018 Qualifiers For Free
April 19, 2017
Nigeria

A senior player of the Super Eagles of Nigeria has reached out to the editor of this portal to speak on the reports of the players agreeing to play for free in the remaining World Cup 2018 qualifiers.

” Maybe your source didn’t explain to you in details. We had a meeting with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in London. We agreed that the issue of match bonus won’t make us down tools during the World Cup qualifiers.

” We pleaded with the NFF that we won’t hold the nation to ransom over bonuses, but they on their part have to pay us when they have money, not that we will play for free.

” ‎Furthermore it was agreed that our bonus will be $5,000 for the 2019 Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa in June. So the issue of playing for free is a none starter”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/19/ea ... -for-free/