CAF Confederations cup: Zesco Utd 3 - 0 Enugu Rangers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: CAF Confederations cup: Zesco Utd 3 - 0 Enugu Rangers

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
ukwala wrote:
oloye wrote:What is news here...mscheeeeew, they lost before even showing up!
Kpom. Our darling team is in shambles and needs serious healing!
It is unbelievable how they mismanged the sucesses of last season, absolutely unbelievable!
Dean, very easy.

Handling success is a lot harder than many people realize.

The discipline and commitment it takes to remain on top when you get there is tough to sustain.

It takes special players and coachs to remain dominant.

Anyway, back to fighting relegation... they better go ask Sootin how to...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
ukwala wrote:
oloye wrote:What is news here...mscheeeeew, they lost before even showing up!
Kpom. Our darling team is in shambles and needs serious healing!
It is unbelievable how they mismanged the sucesses of last season, absolutely unbelievable!
Dean, very easy.

Handling success is a lot harder than many people realize.

The discipline and commitment it takes to remain on top when you get there is tough to sustain.

It takes special players and coachs to remain dominant.

Anyway, back to fighting relegation... they better go ask Sootin how to...
My brother i tire oh..the sudden demise is what am struggling with here oh....e never even reach on year. :mad:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Purity wrote:CCC should resign.
Resign ke? Before we start asking from his head we need to ask the question, is he the one sitting on funds that were not released? Is he the one who made unfulfilled promises?

I dont know what CCC has done in the past to warrant this reaction towards him, but these problems have nothing to do with him. But yes he ahould have resigned the minute his job was being undermined because i dont know what he is managing with everything collapsing around him...but then our people do not do resigning bit unless they are kicked out.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Dammy wrote:It was distressing watching a Zambian team school our champions. Is the standard of the Zambian league higher than the Nigerian league?
Yes. The standard is better. They are much more organized.

<
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Go-ment money don waste on a junket to Ndola to lose 3-Kondo.

<
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yet people criticise Rohr when he says there are no NPL players good enough for the NT...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

How the Zambian newspapers reported the match.
Zesco knockout jet-lagged Rangers
April 15, 201731,395 views
https://www.lusakatimes.com/2017/04/15/ ... d-rangers/

John Chingandu scored a brace on Saturday night in Ndola to propel Zesco United to the 2017 CAF Confederation Cup group stage.

Zesco beat Enugu Rangers of Nigeria 3-0 at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium to advance to next month’s league round of the competition 5-2 on aggregate.

Visitors Enugu came straight off the plane to the stadium after landing at 14h20 ahead of the games kickoff at 17h30.

The Nigerians suffered a 24 hour delay in their arrival due to a player boycott back home on Thursday at Enugu Airport.

Rangers’ players refused to board the plane demanding to be paid their dues owed to them from February.

Meanwhile, jet-lagged Rangers found themselves 2-0 down heading into the break after starting on a threatening note before fading as the match approached the opening 30 minutes.

Chingandu struck first in the 24th minute and completed his brace in the 38th minute.

Jesse Were then added the final goal in the 62nd minute to send Zesco to their second successive continental group stage appearance following their semifinal success in the 2016 CAF Champions League.
ZESCO RUNS RIOT…THRASHES ENUGU (AG) 5-2
Published On April 16, 2017 » 175 Views» By Davies M.M Chanda » Football, Sports
http://www.times.co.zm/?p=94895

ZESCO United qualified to the group stage of the of the CAF Confederation Cup group stage after beating Enugu Rangers of Nigeria thanks to man of the moment John Ching’andu’s brilliant brace.
And exicited coach Zlatko Krmpotic said paid a glowing tribute to his players and the brand of football they displayed.
“I said before the game that we go for one goal more. Congratulations to my team and congratulations to opponents. We must continue now to play this football we played today,” said Krmpotic.
Enugu had a troubled build up to the game which saw their coach Imama Amapakabo fired after drawing the first leg in Nigeria then the players refused to board the plane to fly to Ndola due to unpaid allowances which delayed their departure.
The team arrived about two hours before kick-off and was driven straight to Levy Mwanawasa Stadium upon arrival.
“We had a slight problem back home, we missed our flight on Thursday. We only managed to get another flight yesterday morning. So we had to play slow and I was afraidit was going to be more than this,” Chukwumu the Enugu coach said.
But Ching’andu was in no compromising mood as he punished the Nigerians with his brilliant form which has continued after that man of the match performance against Nkana in the Charity Shield final.
The first half was always going to be one sided as the Nigerians were still jet lagged.
Zesco showed their intent as early as the second minute when Jesse Were’s header was well saved by Nana Bonsu.
Eight minutes later Mbombo missed a free header from a Fackson Kapumbu cross, then David Odhiambo shot wide after a goal mouth scramble in the 14th minute.
A minute earlier Enugu’s Bobby Clement beat the Zesco defense but his effort was stopped by Jacob Banda in goal.
Then in the 24th minute Chingandu showed everyone how it is done when he connected Were’s pass with a powerful right foot that bounced off the post to give the hosts the lead.
Ten minutes later Ching’andu was at it again but this time his long range shot was tipped for a corner by the goalkeeper.
There was no stopping his effort in the 38th minute when he rose high to nod in Kapumbu’s cross as Zesco took a comfortable lead to the break.
After resumption, Enugu returned a bit organised but did very little to trouble the Zesco defense.
Krmpotic rested Daka for Patrick Kongolo in the 59th minute but it was Were who killed the game as a contest when his shot on the turn went straight into the goal.
The body language of the Enugu players told the whole story as they played only to wind down time knowing they had lost the match.
Banda denied Enugu a consolation when rushed onto Clement to timely block his effort.
Zesco held to the lead until the final whistle to progress to the group stage 5-2 on aggregate.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enyimba had a similar debacle - Flew to Milan day of the game and lost 7-0 ... Nigerian Olympic team too ... man ... what can I say?
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

General Trousers wrote:Enyimba had a similar debacle - Flew to Milan day of the game and lost 7-0 ... Nigerian Olympic team too ... man ... what can I say?
Enyimba lost 4-0 to Zanaco, Rangers lost 3-0 to Zesco. .