The English press now comparing LC and Atleti

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: The English press now comparing LC and Atleti

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I hope some of our English oriented CEs now understand there is a gulf in class btwn Atleti and Leicester who have heart but that's where it stops
:lol: :lol: :lol:

the thread purpose was debunked....even by your Spaniards

you are still arguing.

ok
We aren't sheep. Most of here understand football and don't need Simeone to tell us the obvious LC does not play football like Atleti does. That was the point of this thread.
True.

Brits like Diego Simeone (and Felipe Luis, Antoine Griezmann, Jan Oblak) just toe the line with what the Brit press says. down with Babylon

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

theYemster wrote:
anointed wrote:
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I hope some of our English oriented CEs now understand there is a gulf in class btwn Atleti and Leicester who have heart but that's where it stops

you are still arguing.

ok
You dey mind Yujam. He is denial personified. His 'gulf' = 2-1 goals aggregate.
...and one of the goals technically shouldn't have been awarded.

But I do agree that Atleti is superior. I think what the English press meant by the comparison was that they're both underdogs that managed to win their domestic leagues despite more heralded opponents...doing so with grit, determination and hard work. I'm not sure they meant they're as good as Atleti mano-a-mano.
Kpom!

I have the privilege of being a studio guest at a weekly radio sports show. Before the 1st leg, I suggested that Vicente Calderon was gonna be a cauldron for Leicester but they came out with a 1-0 deficit, losing to a controversial goal. Last Sunday, I said that there was no way Leicester were gonna beat Atletico by 2-0 without Atletico scoring. I recall Atletico carrying a lean lead like that to Bayern and came out tops eventually last season. All Atletico often need is just a chance per game.

Point is that no one said Leicester were better than Atletico but there were similarities in playing style and this isn't unconnected with coaching. Atletico however have far more illustrious players and probably more organized than any side in Europe let alone Leicester. Should Diego Simeone leave Atletico, things will obviously change in the playing styles.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

It is not difficult to understand what you quoted. Point is there is a little basis for comparison since Atleti has a far superior style to Leicester. They retain the ball better, play more intelligently, defend better and are more successful. The Atleti players and Simeone pointed out some similarities in core characteristics such as grit and determination but that's where it ends.
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:

you are still arguing.

ok
We aren't sheep. Most of here understand football and don't need Simeone to tell us the obvious LC does not play football like Atleti does. That was the point of this thread.
True.

Brits like Diego Simeone (and Felipe Luis, Antoine Griezmann, Jan Oblak) just toe the line with what the Brit press says. down with Babylon
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:It is not difficult to understand what you quoted. Point is there is a little basis for comparison since Atleti has a far superior style to Leicester. They retain the ball better, play more intelligently, defend better and are more successful. The Atleti players and Simeone pointed out some similarities in core characteristics such as grit and determination but that's where it ends.
Antoine Griezmann said it, Filipe Luís said it and Jan Oblak said it, too: Leicester are similar to Atlético, both for what they have done – and they more than most teams in this competition appreciate that – and for how they play. Strong, physical, well organised. Difficult to overcome defensively, and swift to counter‑attack, direct.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: