Hoffenheim interested in Nacho (Link in German)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Hoffenheim interested in Nacho (Link in German)

Post by bully12 »

My fears about him he is very much like Mikel trying to hide his shortcomings under the guise of being with a big club. Perhaps he doesn't like to shoulder big responsibilities to avoid being exposed. He rather plays few minutes here and there small fish in a big pond than a big fish in a small pond. And he believes no matter what his place is assured with Super eagles. That's why I wish Rohr will give players like Onyekuru and Imoh chances to compete for his position in SE that may wake him up .His perfunctory attitude towards his career is mind boggling.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

This should be a good move if true. He needs to go to a club where he is the main man up front and not a second or 3rd choice striker. His game is built on confidence and confidence comes from playing regularly.
yes o
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

papilo wrote:This should be a good move if true. He needs to go to a club where he is the main man up front and not a second or 3rd choice striker. His game is built on confidence and confidence comes from playing regularly.
KPOM!
I am happy
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

bully12 wrote:My fears about him he is very much like Mikel trying to hide his shortcomings under the guise of being with a big club. Perhaps he doesn't like to shoulder big responsibilities to avoid being exposed. He rather plays few minutes here and there small fish in a big pond than a big fish in a small pond. And he believes no matter what his place is assured with Super eagles. That's why I wish Rohr will give players like Onyekuru and Imoh chances to compete for his position in SE that may wake him up .His perfunctory attitude towards his career is mind boggling.
Maybe he does not think any of the things you claim he thinks, and he is sitting on the bench (or not) purely because that is what his club's manager has decided to do, regardless of what the player thinks.

PS: By the way, a lot of our key internationals down through the years have spent lengthy periods of time on the bench, inclusive of Siasia at Nantes, Oliseh at Juventus, Amokachi at Everton, and Enyeama at some point in France. Perhaps you think they sat on the bench because they didn't feel like playing, since their jerseys in the Eagles were safe?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The Eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:My fears about him he is very much like Mikel trying to hide his shortcomings under the guise of being with a big club. Perhaps he doesn't like to shoulder big responsibilities to avoid being exposed. He rather plays few minutes here and there small fish in a big pond than a big fish in a small pond. And he believes no matter what his place is assured with Super eagles. That's why I wish Rohr will give players like Onyekuru and Imoh chances to compete for his position in SE that may wake him up .His perfunctory attitude towards his career is mind boggling.
Maybe he does not think any of the things you claim he thinks, and he is sitting on the bench (or not) purely because that is what his club's manager has decided to do, regardless of what the player thinks.

PS: By the way, a lot of our key internationals down through the years have spent lengthy periods of time on the bench, inclusive of Siasia at Nantes, Oliseh at Juventus, Amokachi at Everton, and Enyeama at some point in France. Perhaps you think they sat on the bench because they didn't feel like playing, since their jerseys in the Eagles were safe?
Its remarkable, isnt it. You have a f00l on the internet making comments without any proof on a boy who simply cannot move. I mean, on what planet does a player move outside the transfer window???
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

Its remarkable, isnt it. You have a f00l on the internet making comments without any proof on a boy who simply cannot move. I mean, on what planet does a player move outside the transfer window???
:rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The Eagle wrote:

KPOM!
But that is Bombastic Bambully for you. He never disappoints. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

The Eagle wrote:

:rotf: :clap: :clap:
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

danfo driver wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

Wise one you did not hear him said recently he loves his status with Manchester city. Does he sound like one who wants to leave the team in a horry if his situation does not change.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

bully12 wrote:Wise one you did not hear him said recently he loves his status with Manchester city. Does he sound like one who wants to leave the team in a horry if his situation does not change.
This is big-time, big money professional football .... an industry where club chairmen give global interviews publicly expressing their full faith and confidence in the club's manager, only to sack the club manager as soon as they get to their office .... where players respond to rumours of impending departure by giving interviews insisting they want nothing more than to stay at their current club and play for the fans/jersey/badge, only for news to break the next day that they completed their physical and agreed to personal terms at a bigger club.

Given what happened to Yaya Toure, why would Kelechi publicly complain or criticize Guardiola? Him doing that would confirm your fear that he is not interested in playing, wouldn't it?

PS: Come to think of it, do you think Toure is really "sorry", or did he also just say what he had to say to start playing again .... waiting for the moment when he can write his memoirs and use them to rubbish Guardiola? :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The Eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:Wise one you did not hear him said recently he loves his status with Manchester city. Does he sound like one who wants to leave the team in a horry if his situation does not change.
This is big-time, big money professional football .... an industry where club chairmen give global interviews publicly expressing their full faith and confidence in the club's manager, only to sack the club manager as soon as they get to their office .... where players respond to rumours of impending departure by giving interviews insisting they want nothing more than to stay at their current club and play for the fans/jersey/badge, only for news to break the next day that they completed their physical and agreed to personal terms at a bigger club.

Given what happened to Yaya Toure, why would Kelechi publicly complain or criticize Guardiola? Him doing that would confirm your fear that he is not interested in playing, wouldn't it?

PS: Come to think of it, do you think Toure is really "sorry", or did he also just say what he had to say to start playing again .... waiting for the moment when he can write his memoirs and use them to rubbish Guardiola? :)
Bros it seems you forgot that we Njgerians , our tolerance level is inordinately high and it takes an gargantuan amount of straw to break our back . As long we are a little bit comfortable we rarely ask for a change . Look at the BS Mikel took from various coaches in Chelsea he sat tight until he was literally ran out of town. I have noticed such a detrimental imprudent attitude with Kelechi. There is no doubt Kelechi can be one of the best if He has the hunger and the discipline.God endowed him with enormous potentials what to do with it is absolutely left for him . I don't want see another Mikel
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bully12 wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

Bros it seems you forgot that we Njgerians , our tolerance level is inordinately high and it takes an gargantuan amount of straw to break our back . As long we are a little bit comfortable we rarely ask for a change . Look at the BS Mikel took from various coaches in Chelsea he sat tight until he was literally ran out of town. I have noticed such a detrimental imprudent attitude with Kelechi. There is no doubt Kelechi can be one of the best if He has the hunger and the discipline.God endowed him with enormous potentials what to do with it is absolutely left for him . I don't want see another Mikel
Wiseone please list mikel's appearance statistics over the 10+ seasons. In his early seasons at chelsea he averaged over 40 appearances per season. I know you want to rewrite history but looking at the stats is a good start to brush up on history.
bully12
Egg
Egg
Re:

Post by bully12 »

green4life wrote:
bully12 wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

Wiseone please list mikel's appearance statistics over the 10+ seasons. In his early seasons at chelsea he averaged over 40 appearances per season. I know you want to rewrite history but looking at the stats is a good start to brush up on history.
I will not try to dispute your claim as regards to Mikel's accomplishments. There is no doubt in a lot his fans that he failed to maximize his extraordinary potentials . Surely, he became copacetic with minimal roles he was playing with the team and never challenged himself to reach a higher level and be the best that he could have been. Honestly I feel Mikel in his career chose the least resistant pathway, he had the potential to have been a world football player of the year or even a runner up. To whom much is given much is expected.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

As long as Hoffenheim keep their current coach, JA!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

This is not even fair. What is he supposed to do? leave the club? When? How? The only transfer window since Guardiola came in was the January one and he was playing a lot more than he is now before then. He even started the Manchester derby game and scored. Let us wait till the summer and see what happens. There is really nothing he could have done between January and now and nothing he can do between now and the end of the season.
yes o
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

papilo wrote:
This is not even fair. What is he supposed to do? leave the club? When? How? The only transfer window since Guardiola came in was the January one and he was playing a lot more than he is now before then. He even started the Manchester derby game and scored. Let us wait till the summer and see what happens. There is really nothing he could have done between January and now and nothing he can do between now and the end of the season.
Sir, I deduced my inference based on the comments he made recently, stating he likes his status with the club and did not express any sadness or regrets with the paltry limited time he has been accorded for sometime with the team.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

bully12 wrote:
papilo wrote:
Sir, I deduced my inference based on the comments he made recently, stating he likes his status with the club and did not express any sadness or regrets with the paltry limited time he has been accorded for sometime with the team.
Yeah well, you did not mention that and did not provide a source or a link to this supposed statement. I do not think he likes sitting on the bench but I think he should be smart about it as well. He is too young and too inexperienced to go to the manager now and start demanding answers as to why he does not play more. He is not there yet. I don't think he or anyone else expected him to even be in and around the first team so soon. I can't remember when last a Man city youth team player promoted into the first team played as many games as Iheanacho. We are forgetting this is just his second season as a professional.
yes o
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

papilo wrote:
bully12 wrote:
papilo wrote:
Yeah well, you did not mention that and did not provide a source or a link to this supposed statement. I do not think he likes sitting on the bench but I think he should be smart about it as well. He is too young and too inexperienced to go to the manager now and start demanding answers as to why he does not play more. He is not there yet. I don't think he or anyone else expected him to even be in and around the first team so soon. I can't remember when last a Man city youth team player promoted into the first team played as many games as Iheanacho. We are forgetting this is just his second season as a professional.
How old is Gabriel Jesus and how much experience does he have? . We should quit making all these flimsy excuses .
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

bully12 wrote:
papilo wrote:
bully12 wrote:
papilo wrote:
How old is Gabriel Jesus and how much experience does he have? . We should quit making all these flimsy excuses .
Experience does not necessarily have anything to do with age. They are both 20 years old but Gabriel is the first choice striker for the Brazil national team, played and won gold at the olympics, made his senior club debut in march of 2015 and has been a regular since then and won the Brazilian league last season.
yes o
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ugbowo wrote:I think this will be a great move for Kele.
... why? :tic: :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:
fledy wrote:Oga Oloye why do you make so much sense? I don't quite know who is advicing Kele. He is quite promising & needs to trust his own self. Seems like Pep has psychologicallly defeated this young man's confidence. Very disturbing
Honestly i dont think Pepe has done anything wrong..as a manager he has taken a decision for the good of the team, he is bot there to manage only Kele,that is for the people managing his career. As soon as Agiero was being benched his people started making noise!
Oloye, with my own little experience in football, it`s almost impossible to get the needed confidence on the bench or 10 minutes playtime/month. Nacho needs to go to a Club that really believes in him, unfortunately Pep does not for sure.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If Hoffenheim will be in cl he should definitely go there.
should it even matter? Mumu they gave U visa despite English being ya fifth language and thanks to TOEFL you're now semi fluent yet U want make Kelechi wait for CL team? He should look at the project first as a minimum and see if there are other/better ones..then pick
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This will break your hearts!

Iheanacho ready to fight for place at Manchester City

By Oluwashina Okeleji

BBC Sport, Nigeria

8 hours ago From the section Football

Kelechi Iheanacho is struggling to make Manchester City's first team this season

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho says he is ready to fight for his place in the team, amidst competition from Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero.

The Nigeria international, 20, has scored seven goals this season but has found first-team chances harder to come by than during his debut campaign.

Despite only five Premier League starts this season, Iheanacho welcomes the extra competition and insists he is improving by playing alongside great players.

All I need to do is to keep working, keep doing well and keep improving every day
Kelechi Iheanacho
Nigeria and Manchester City striker

"I cannot pretend that I don't hear what people back home [in Nigeria] say about my lack of regular football but I will continue to fight," Iheanacho told BBC Sport.

"I don't worry about those comments. All I need to do is to keep working, keep doing well and keep improving every day.

"Sergio Aguero and Gabriel [Jesus] are really really great players that we need in our team.

"As a young player, I'm happy playing alongside these fantastic players because I learn and get better every day.

"It's a big thing for my career to compete with these players. I'm okay with the way things are going and I wish Gabriel a quick recovery to return and help the team."

Iheanacho scored 14 times and produced seven assists last season even though 25 of his 36 appearances were as a substitute.

That feat saw him finish as City's third-highest scorer in all competitions, behind Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne.

At international level, Iheanacho has scored five goals in eight appearances for Nigeria since making his senior debut against Swaziland in November 2015.

He starred as Nigeria won the 2013 Fifa U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates for a record fourth-time.

He emerged as the tournament's outstanding player, being voted the Most Valuable Player.

Iheanacho scored six goals to secure the Silver Boot as the competition's second-highest goal-scorer.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39680585
I am happy