Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 5609
cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote:
i think you are missing what i am saying here.
Why i am mentioning that he is 32yrs old now ? because i realise that he is not the same player he was at his peak when he was much younger and putting in great performances.
It is not a denial that sometimes he doesn't play well


at 32yrs old, some of his peers have are playing in the MLS or China, and yet here is Ronaldo still pulling out great stats at the highest levels in European football.
I find that he is still relevant, and it's impressive that he can still contribute with such important goals
If you have never rated him ever even at his peak, then you cannot make it seem like he was never a great player, that's your own opinion.

But when you now mention the likes of Obi Mikel and try to use that as an example that Ronaldo won things without being great in his career, i beg to differ massively, i think that doesn't make any sense, and those Ballon D'Ors speak for them self, Ronaldo deserved every single one of them.

There are no finer points here, just common sense.

I know he is 32. I also told you that I didn’t think he was that great when he was younger.

He is playing the same way now at least since Borinho went to Madrid. That’s about 7 years. His game since then has been more about finishing moves. He hardly creates, hardly does any work outside the final third, hardly contributes to team play. His goal-scoring record improved a lot since he adapted his game, but the general play left a lot to be desired. Some have argued that while his personal stats have been great since he went to Madrid, the team should have won more (considering the amounts spent and quality). This could be related to the way he plays.

Mikelele is relevant b/c we are talking about footie and you mentioned trophies. Mikelele has a lot of trophies, but his football is questioned. It shows you can’t shut down a discussion about the game’s finer points by pointing at the trophy cabinet. Djimi Traore won the CL with Liverpool. What does it prove?

Watch games and see the finer points. You’d then learn that stats don’t tell the full story. The stats from the Madrid/Bayern game show a Fake Ron hat-trick. When you watch the game you’d see how he was having a stinker, getting whistled by fans and scored 2 offside goals.


you are telling me that Ronaldo has been playing poor for 7 years at Real Madrid, i disagree with that, otherwise noone would even count him as one of the 2 great players in current football. That should count as your own biased opinion that is not fact.

Mikel is irrelevant to this discussion because i talked especially about the multiple Ballon D'or that Ronaldo won, Mikel was never even close to being nominated for one.
These are the arguments you are coming up with and then hide behind 'finer points'
I think you can just say personally you never rated Ronaldo and leave it there, it's just your own opinion.

LAstly if it's a fake hattrick, then Real Madrid must not be in the Semi Final draw, but unfortunately for you the goals stand :taunt:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:


one minute it is 'alleged', the next it is being reported as fact.

is it alleged, fact, or sometimes unreliable?

You are trying too hard. Everything is an allegation, whether spelt out or not, since I couldn't have been there when the players made the request.


YOU are trying too hard. Quoting the Sun, which also quotes a not-too-reliable newspaper

And since that post you have run with the story and posted it twice...as if it is factual

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
any cheering?

Cheer when they are scoring, they only cheer when they are scoring.


WE are focusing on what we may, or may not have, heard

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo was whistled on Tuesday. You might not have heard it on television and you might not have heard it if you were in the stadium either but he did and at one point he lifted his finger to his lips.

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
YOU are trying too hard. Quoting the Sun, which also quotes a not-too-reliable newspaper

And since that post you have run with the story and posted it twice...as if it is factual

You are trying too hard to dispute allegations that you are in no position to know whether they are true! That's groupie behaviour.

I first saw that claim in the Independent. Whether it is true or not is not that crucial to the point being made - Fake Ron hasn't been playing well, despite the goals. Something groupies like you are struggling to understand b/c you don't watch games.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
WE are focusing on what we may, or may not have, heard

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo was whistled on Tuesday. You might not have heard it on television and you might not have heard it if you were in the stadium either but he did and at one point he lifted his finger to his lips.

The journo heard it, which is why he wrote about it.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
YOU are trying too hard. Quoting the Sun, which also quotes a not-too-reliable newspaper

And since that post you have run with the story and posted it twice...as if it is factual

You are trying too hard to dispute allegations that you are in no position to know whether they are true! That's groupie behaviour.

I first saw that claim in the Independent. Whether it is true or not is not that crucial to the point being made - Fake Ron hasn't been playing well, despite the goals. Something groupies like you are struggling to understand b/c you don't watch games.


but you are using that 'allegation' to buttress your point

If i am a groupie, would that make you a hater?
Trying too hard, and quoting not-too-reputable sources

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
WE are focusing on what we may, or may not have, heard

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo was whistled on Tuesday. You might not have heard it on television and you might not have heard it if you were in the stadium either but he did and at one point he lifted his finger to his lips.

The journo heard it, which is why he wrote about it.


he also wrote this, but let's side step that 'allegation' for now shall we

Quote:
Besides, everyone gets whistled at Madrid; whenever the issue is raised you are remind of that. Gareth Bale has been whistled , Zinedine Zidane tells people it has happened to him, even Alfredo Di Stéfano got it at times.

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
but you are using that 'allegation' to buttress your point

If i am a groupie, would that make you a hater?
Trying too hard, and quoting not-too-reputable sources

Nothing wrong with using an allegation to buttress my point.

You are a groupie. I don't hate anyone. I just don't believe the hype.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
he also wrote this, but let's side step that 'allegation' for now shall we

Quote:
Besides, everyone gets whistled at Madrid; whenever the issue is raised you are remind of that. Gareth Bale has been whistled , Zinedine Zidane tells people it has happened to him, even Alfredo Di Stéfano got it at times.

People get whistled for a variety of reasons. The issue is why is Fake Ron being whistled. My position is that it is b/c despite the goals, they don't rate him as highly as groupies do.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
he also wrote this, but let's side step that 'allegation' for now shall we

Quote:
Besides, everyone gets whistled at Madrid; whenever the issue is raised you are remind of that. Gareth Bale has been whistled , Zinedine Zidane tells people it has happened to him, even Alfredo Di Stéfano got it at times.

People get whistled for a variety of reasons. The issue is why is Fake Ron being whistled. My position is that it is b/c despite the goals, they don't rate him as highly as groupies do.


bale, zizou and di Stefano were not opposition players

They were whistled too. It has happened, it happens

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
but you are using that 'allegation' to buttress your point

If i am a groupie, would that make you a hater?
Trying too hard, and quoting not-too-reputable sources

Nothing wrong with using an allegation to buttress my point.

You are a groupie. I don't hate anyone. I just don't believe the hype.


:rotf:

haters gon hate....and all-e-gate

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
bale, zizou and di Stefano were not opposition players

They were whistled too. It has happened, it happens

Bale was whistled b/c he was crap in his 1st season. I can't remember why Zizou was whistled. Could be for not putting in a shift. Fabregas was booed at Barca b/c they thought he wasn't good enough. Point is, players are whistled for a variety of reasons. I think those whistling Fake Ron are doing so b/c they don't rate him as he rates himself or as groupies do.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
bale, zizou and di Stefano were not opposition players

They were whistled too. It has happened, it happens

Bale was whistled b/c he was crap in his 1st season. I can't remember why Zizou was whistled. Could be for not putting in a shift. Fabregas was booed at Barca b/c they thought he wasn't good enough. Point is, players are whistled for a variety of reasons. I think those whistling Fake Ron are doing so b/c they don't rate him as he rates himself or as groupies do.


thank you for that....allegation

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
:rotf:

haters gon hate....and all-e-gate

So the allegations came from "haters"? And those that reacted negatively to it are g....

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
:rotf:

haters gon hate....and all-e-gate

So the allegations came from "haters"? And those that reacted negatively to it are g....


oops, should be haters gon quote 'allegations'

that should narrow it to the Sun (or is it Daily Mail)...and yourself


_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
thank you for that....allegation

I think, you don't.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
oops, should be haters gon quote 'allegations'

that should narrow it to the Sun (or is it Daily Mail)...and yourself


You don't believe the allegation because you are a g......

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
thank you for that....allegation

I think, you don't.


...of quoting from sources that quote not-so-reliable sources

and then pass it off as FACT.

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
oops, should be haters gon quote 'allegations'

that should narrow it to the Sun (or is it Daily Mail)...and yourself


You don't believe the allegation because you are a g......


and you believe it, and later try to pass it off as fact because you're FACTUAL

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
...of quoting from sources that quote not-so-reliable sources

and then pass it off as FACT.

I quote all manner of sources to support my point. There were reports his team-mates wanted him dropped. FACT.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 51781
tfco wrote:
and you believe it, and later try to pass it off as fact because you're FACTUAL

I have no reason to dispute it. Your reason to dispute it is that you are a groupie.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
...of quoting from sources that quote not-so-reliable sources

and then pass it off as FACT.

I quote all manner of sources to support my point. There were reports his team-mates wanted him dropped. FACT.


whether reliable or not. does not matter. so long as they support my point

:clap:

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68029
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
and you believe it, and later try to pass it off as fact because you're FACTUAL

I have no reason to dispute it. Your reason to dispute it is that you are a groupie.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

your reason is why you are hanging in this CR7 Hat-trick Thread.

Says it all really

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: baddy458, Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group