[UCL][Europa] Semifinals draw

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nianiote
Egg
Egg
[UCL][Europa] Semifinals draw

Post by nianiote »

UCL:

Real Madrid (ESP) v Atlético (ESP)
Monaco (FRA) v Juventus (ITA)

Europa:

Ajax (NED) v Lyon (FRA)
Celta (ESP) v Man. United (ENG)
Last edited by nianiote on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [UCL][Europa] Semifinals draw

Post by kajifu »

Good draw hope one of the two clubs I wanted to win at this stage win it.Real should not win it biko and make Zidan first manager in modern game to win it back to back
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Juve v ATM

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Celta Vigo

ok

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

im not one for conspiracy theories but that guy went right for the Athletico ball he didn't stir or anything :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Dam Monaco the under dog,hope they go through some how but need to tied that defense.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

FIFA should implement the Wenger UCL Rule

If a club successfully qualifies for the UCL for 5 years and only achieves a 2nd round knockout birth, the following year, they will not be allowed to compete in the UCL, but will have an automatic qualification to the Europa League
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Juve v Real Madrid in the final.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Juventus vs Atl Madrid with Juventus wining.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:Juventus vs Atl Madrid with Juventus wining.
platinum wrote:Juve v Real Madrid in the final.
tfco wrote:Juve v ATM
I love how everyone keeps underestimating Monaco. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
I love how everyone keeps underestimating Monaco. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
They're a very good side but they've met sides they matched up well with. I don't think Juve is a good matchup for them. I think their best bet would have been to draw Real Madrid.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
They're a very good side but they've met sides they matched up well with. I don't think Juve is a good matchup for them. I think their best bet would have been to draw Real Madrid.
Have they? Remember they slapped Tottenham around when Tottenham had the best defense in the English league.

Juve is compact, so the spaces Monaco thrives on when they attack wouldnt be there. However, for everyone to ignore the craftiness of silva and Lemar in opening defenses is a bit surprising.

I just find it surprising that people actually think Monaco is inferior to Juventus. :rotf: Guys like Lemar, Mbappe, Silva, Bakayoko, Fabinho, even Sidibe will walk into the Juve team. I left out Mendy because of Juve's fantastic brazilian left back.

Anyway, we will find out.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Have they? Remember they slapped Tottenham around when Tottenham had the best defense in the English league.

Juve is compact, so the spaces Monaco thrives on when they attack wouldnt be there. However, for everyone to ignore the craftiness of silva and Lemar in opening defenses is a bit surprising.

I just find it surprising that people actually think Monaco is inferior to Juventus. :rotf: Guys like Lemar, Mbappe, Silva, Bakayoko, Fabinho, even Sidibe will walk into the Juve team. I left out Mendy because of Juve's fantastic brazilian left back.

I don't think any of the English clubs are worth a cough in Europe. Not this year and not for the last few years. It's a great squad and they're playing well but they have weaknesses that Juve can punish. They leave numerous chances for the opponent. I don't remember what thread it was when you mentioned them scoring their customary three and giving the other team a chance to score plenty.
Juve won't shut them out like they did to Barca but this Juve is very well coached. Jardim has already said his side won't change anything in their approach but the truth is if they're not smarter about how they bomb forward,they'll face a repeat of that coupe de la ligue beatdown PSG gave them.
It should be interesting.

I'll go 4-2 Juve on aggregate
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I don't think any of the English clubs are worth a cough in Europe. Not this year and not for the last few years. It's a great squad and they're playing well but they have weaknesses that Juve can punish. They leave numerous chances for the opponent. I don't remember what thread it was when you mentioned them scoring their customary three and giving the other team a chance to score plenty.
HIguain :tic: :D

I'll go 4-2 Juve on aggregate
okay
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Plat don't write them off oooh,Monaco is a good team,i would have like them face Real.Also I see folks counting ATM out.SMH
Hopefully the final will be ATM vs Monaco
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:Oga Plat don't write them off oooh,Monaco is a good team,i would have like them face Real.Also I see folks counting ATM out.SMH
Hopefully the final will be ATM vs Monaco
I'll take any final iteration that appears. I like all four teams. I've been talking about Monaco for years now, certainly not writing them off. I just think Juve present a set of problems that will trouble les monegasques.
Atleti? Again, like monaco, i've been talking about them for years when other were laughing at the things i said. I picked Real because the fact is Zidane has shown that he knows how to handle Simeone and Real have that edge in quality to nick it over two legs.

Once again, any of these sides could make the final and it wouldn't really be a surprise.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Football is a funny old game. Monaco could embarrass Juve, but I am sticking with Juve to go through. Real will brush Atletico aside.

Final Juve-Real with Real winning it all, unfortunately. The bright side will be, ZZ will become the first coach to successfully defend the CL.

Wha choo looking at?!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

This trophy has Juve all over it.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Gooner1 wrote:FIFA should implement the Wenger UCL Rule

If a club successfully qualifies for the UCL for 5 years and only achieves a 2nd round knockout birth, the following year, they will not be allowed to compete in the UCL, but will have an automatic qualification to the Europa League
Yeye rule to draft Assanal via backdoor as Papa Wenger will be finishing in 7th position and missed out of even Europa....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
Your boys from Monaco done try well well, but if they somehow get past Juventus, I will hail you properly.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

King Futcha wrote:im not one for conspiracy theories but that guy went right for the Athletico ball he didn't stir or anything :)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
One more leg to go but that first leg went right about how I thought it would. THe Italians have a CLASSIC side this year.

Juve v Real will be a really good final if it goes down. People need to talk more about how good a coach Zidane is...he's done better than any Real Madrid coach since Del Bosque.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

danfo driver wrote:
Has our high come down now? :sleep:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)