The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Media and some Gooners need to slow down hyperbole on Arsenal , a "born again" AW & a back 3..barely coped with a Boro side that would struggle to score candy on Halloween night.
O.K. - go Zen, avoid depression & admit defeat?. Do we need to show up - can we just mail in our white flags????
At least the gaffer finally gives people a footie talking point - a tactical one at that. We go as clear underdogs - is he good enough a coach to pull one out of the bag - we saw JM go out with a gem to beat Chelsea by marking Hazard out of the game - who is AW??
We are asking he shows us what he's about - not a curveball,is it??
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Media and some Gooners need to slow down hyperbole on Arsenal , a "born again" AW & a back 3..barely coped with a Boro side that would struggle to score candy on Halloween night.
O.K. - go Zen, avoid depression & admit defeat?. Do we need to show up - can we just mail in our white flags????
At least the gaffer finally gives people a footie talking point - a tactical one at that. We go as clear underdogs - is he good enough a coach to pull one out of the bag - we saw JM go out with a gem to beat Chelsea by marking Hazard out of the game - who is AW??
If you can't see through this utter ruse, this ponzi scheme, this shell game...that's very much a you problem.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

I hear that Wenger is going to continue with 3 @ the back for the semi final on Saturday.......
.....well he might as well bet big......you never know wetin go 'appen
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

tolahs wrote:
To be fair Wenger has shown he can go out and coach the odd game to perfection.

It's the holistic picture that he's struggled with. Winning the battle isn't his problem, it's winning the war. That requires the type of consistency that Wenger isn't capable of delivering.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
tolahs wrote:

It's the holistic picture that he's struggled with. Winning the battle isn't his problem, it's winning the war. That requires the type of consistency that Wenger isn't capable of delivering.
At 8.5 million a year he should leave the club,not good enough,believe his own hype.Please which odd game Wenger had coach to perfection?Yeah me self at 8million I will win the battle every now and then but not the war.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Last 10 years: Arsene Wenger.

FA Premier League (0): 0
FA Cup (2): 2013–14, 2014–15
FA Community Shield (2): 2014, 2015
CL: 0

Bepanda
kajifu wrote:If Wenger try that back 3 again against City we might collect 5 goals.
We need that FA cup not to go 2 years without anything though our objective remain CL and EPL as major trophies.
@Bepanda can you list wenger resume also?
Guys I want FA cup final to be Spurs vs Arsenal,if we finish outside top 4 we celebrate beaten Spurs to the trophy
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Last 10 years: Arsene Wenger.

Bepanda
kajifu wrote:If Wenger try that back 3 again against City we might collect 5 goals.
We need that FA cup not to go 2 years without anything though our objective remain CL and EPL as major trophies.
Guys I want FA cup final to be Spurs vs Arsenal,if we finish outside top 4 we celebrate beaten Spurs to the trophy
So Wenger start coaching 10 years ago?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

In the current context, only the recent past is relevant.
What Wenger achieved some 20 years ago is great. But, we are talking about someone to lead this team into the next decade.
Wenger's body of work in the previous decade doesn't compare well against someone like Diego Simeone.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
Bepanda
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

bepanda wrote:In the current context, only the recent past is relevant.
What Wenger achieved some 20 years ago is great. But, we are talking about someone to lead this team into the next decade.
Wenger's body of work in the previous decade doesn't compare well against someone like Diego Simeone.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
Bepanda
This is what I don't get about the Wenger babes......what he has achieved 20 yrs ago in football is now ancient history......football development changes rapidly like computer technology........
Wenger is like a Commodore Vic-20 going against an alien ware i7 workstation in a performance test....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@Gooner1 I am not Wenger babes or yash licker,go read my post and stand about Wenger few pages back.I want him gone today today not to coach the city game if I had the power.At 8.5 million a year with the power he has at the club not t o win or even compete with others for major trophy is enough reason to sacked him.I was just trying to to be fair to him.Is Wenger a good coach?No just an average coach to me and not good enough to coach Arsenal again,20 years ago he was good and his time had expired but as a dictator he will likely leave forcefully or disgracefully.I feel sorry no one is telling him please my friend step down its a new era now.
@ Bepanda in his last 10 years is just not good enough to take us to another level, but when you list when a manager has done its best to list his resume all on one job.21 years at Arsenal just 3 major trophies (EPl) is enough to fired him consider we have gone 13 years without one,not that we don't have the team to win but just the coach is our issue.For Arsenal not to win even one of the last 4 EPL title is enough to kick him out,i mean we were never in the race for any of the trophies.Time for him to go,give Wenger this Real Madrid team,i can swear he will not do what Zidan is doing with the players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
If you can't see through this utter ruse, this ponzi scheme, this shell game...that's very much a you problem.
You might have a thing for depression - as for me - it's simple - does he have the game to get a result?
Target audience for ponzis etc minus Tolahs - i ain't 'bout that life!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

theYemster wrote:
tolahs wrote:

We know what it's - don't act like we on some memory loss trip over here.
Recently, he has been unable to win anywhere - tough week ahead - ManC & then a rested LCFC 3 days later.
pep's under pressure for a trophy too - he's got pace all over the pitch - will AW pick names or a team fit for purpose.?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I guess I'm confused about you asking to see the full resume of Wenger.
During his Arsenal tenure, Wenger has been great at recognizing signs of aging on his stars, giving them only 1 year contracts and dumping them like hot plantains, because they were no longer "competitive". Laurent, Viera, Campbell, Pires, Flamini, ... etc. All these guys got pushed out aggressively by Wenger, when they got on the wrong side of 30. And for the most part, he was right. Soccer is mostly a young man's game.

What is stunning is that, Wenger has not get recognized that HE (Wenger) is well passed 30 in terms of capacity to perform competitively.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:@Gooner1 I am not Wenger babes or yash licker,go read my post and stand about Wenger few pages back.I want him gone today today not to coach the city game if I had the power.At 8.5 million a year with the power he has at the club not t o win or even compete with others for major trophy is enough reason to sacked him.I was just trying to to be fair to him.Is Wenger a good coach?No just an average coach to me and not good enough to coach Arsenal again,20 years ago he was good and his time had expired but as a dictator he will likely leave forcefully or disgracefully.I feel sorry no one is telling him please my friend step down its a new era now.
@ Bepanda in his last 10 years is just not good enough to take us to another level, but when you list when a manager has done its best to list his resume all on one job.21 years at Arsenal just 3 major trophies (EPl) is enough to fired him consider we have gone 13 years without one,not that we don't have the team to win but just the coach is our issue.For Arsenal not to win even one of the last 4 EPL title is enough to kick him out,i mean we were never in the race for any of the trophies.Time for him to go,give Wenger this Real Madrid team,i can swear he will not do what Zidan is doing with the players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:

Bepanda

You have a better chance beating a weakened Chelsea team than beating this current Spurs team.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

spurs improvement over the past several years is like a ferry ship making an about turn.....
it is slow, but eventually, it will get there........
afc on the other hand........our regression has been in decline over a longer period, and this year u will see spurs
finish ing the season in double digits ahead of us..........wow

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

kajifu wrote:@Gooner1 I am not Wenger babes or yash licker,go read my post and stand about Wenger few pages back.I want him gone today today not to coach the city game if I had the power.At 8.5 million a year with the power he has at the club not t o win or even compete with others for major trophy is enough reason to sacked him.I was just trying to to be fair to him.Is Wenger a good coach?No just an average coach to me and not good enough to coach Arsenal again,20 years ago he was good and his time had expired but as a dictator he will likely leave forcefully or disgracefully.I feel sorry no one is telling him please my friend step down its a new era now.
kaji, i was not referring to your post at all.....let me make that explicitly clear....apologies for the confusion

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Anyone else listened to ARSEBLOG yesterday?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Chelsea & Spurs played a great match 2day - will we show up 'morrow. Conte's use of his squad - top draw!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Besides, it was not the first time Wenger has tried a system change this season. Do not understand the big deal. Wenger has played all sorts of systems in his time at Arsenal so why this?

This season he has already played 3 different systems.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Moaners, cry baby whiners. Wenger out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Today about composure, resiliency, focus and bottle as much as tactics.

No secret Man City like Arsenal love to gift a goal or two..today comes down to which side will produce a semblance of competent defending.

Here's hoping today that side is the Arsenal.....COYG!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Today about composure, resiliency, focus and bottle as much as tactics.

No secret Man City like Arsenal love to gift a goal or two..today comes down to which side will produce a semblance of competent defending.

Dude why do you keep doing this to yourself?

Just sit back and enjoy the show. If Arsenal wins fine, if they don't that's fine too. What will be, will be.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Today about composure, resiliency, focus and bottle as much as tactics.

Dude why do you keep doing this to yourself?

Just sit back and enjoy the show. If Arsenal wins fine, if they don't that's fine too. What will be, will be.
Doing what to myself?
Detective Bunk Moreland