The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Coach »

Waffiman wrote:This season he has already played 3 different systems...and has achieved humiliation in Europe and trails the league leaders by a greater distance than a Scotsman does a Ngugi in the steeplechase. Truth be told, for the plethora of systems used, Wenger, as ever, is doing his usual Joshua Cheptegai impersonation, at the same stage in his career.. Pathetic.
[/video]

01:14 #AbsoluteArsene.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Media and some Gooners need to slow down hyperbole on Arsenal , a "born again" AW & a back 3..barely coped with a Boro side that would struggle to score candy on Halloween night.
Besides, it was not the first time Wenger has tried a system change this season. Do not understand the big deal. Wenger has played all sorts of systems in his time at Arsenal so why this?

This season he has already played 3 different systems.
.....to great success, abi? :sneaky:
.....looks like he is winging it to me
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@TG, is like you are now shaking more than uncle Aniks...
Anything less than a victory today against City will be bad for the team as we have some few couple of tough matches coming on fast, Soton,spurs,Manu all in line.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:@TG, is like you are now shaking more than uncle Aniks...
Anything less than a victory today against City will be bad for the team as we have some few couple of tough matches coming on fast, Soton,spurs,Manu all in line.
Na wow for you o! Anything less than a victory? Based on what? I will be pleasantly surprised if we beat City, a superior team.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Wenger compares Ramsey to Frank Lampard.... sauce: espnfc.com
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Today about composure, resiliency, focus and bottle as much as tactics.

No secret Man City like Arsenal love to gift a goal or two..today comes down to which side will produce a semblance of competent defending.

Here's hoping today that side is the Arsenal.....COYG!!!!
Dude why do you keep doing this to yourself?

Just sit back and enjoy the show. If Arsenal wins fine, if they don't that's fine too. What will be, will be.
Doing what to myself?
Do you like BDSM? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

HUH???
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Expecting to win seems fanciful - just hope we compete - the sort of battering we've taken recently(@Chelsea & Bayern) isn't something i wanna get used to.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Must give credit to AW...if Jose, Conte, Pep, Klopp or Poch pulled off that game plan the media and fans alike would hugging their nuts endlessly.

Take a bow Arsene..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Can he sign that 10 year contract now?
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Must give credit to AW...if Jose, Conte, Pep, Klopp or Poch pulled off that game plan the media and fans alike would hugging their nuts endlessly.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And right on cue, Christian thumps Palace ahead at Anfield, top four and an FA Cup...was it ever in doubt?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hoping Palace can hold on ohhh ... kaiii Fat Sam has already scalped Conte and Wenger and now wants Flopp as well :scared:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@afcstuff - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain left Wembley on crutches. [@StuBrennanMEN] #afc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sad news - hope it ain't too serious - we need our soldiers - Hector & Giggs can handle biz vs LCFC;
@Waffiman & the rest of the fans likely to be @emirates on Weds better leave that stadium with hoarse voices cos this momentum is a must. We've got bodies to bring in - Spurs after that - hope Palace ain't too tired for that.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Must give credit to AW...if Jose, Conte, Pep, Klopp or Poch pulled off that game plan the media and fans alike would hugging their nuts endlessly.

He can do it when he's not stubborn, its the stubbornness that kills him. The one year he reigned in his impulse, he took his team to the european finals....he simply refuses to compromise what he believes is right.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

platinum wrote:

He can do it when he's not stubborn, its the stubbornness that kills him. The one year he reigned in his impulse, he took his team to the european finals....he simply refuses to compromise what he believes is right.
It's stubbornness bothering on self-indulgence - he just ignores evidence of what isn't working. Hope the team carries this as momentum - Weds @emirates will be tough - LCFC had the wknd off!!!!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Always nice to see exhilarated AW.... :D :D :D :D

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/arsenal ... ction.html

[/video]
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:clap: :clap: Wenger :clap: :clap: first time to see him so happy like this sha.So this man enjoy win like this but choose to piss us most of the times with his poor decision
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Na wow for you o! Anything less than a victory? Based on what? I will be pleasantly surprised if we beat City, a superior team.
Like I say game knows game,FA cup is to Wenger like CL is to us true fans,With two games to win the oldest competition,dont expect Wenger to mess it up.
He tell his players anything less than victory is unacceptable.City draw was the best we get in semi.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Like I say game knows game,FA cup is to Wenger like CL is to us true fans,With two games to win the oldest competition,dont expect Wenger to mess it up.
He tell his players anything less than victory is unacceptable.City draw was the best we get in semi.

you are too funny. Man City is a better team than Arsenal, but we match up favorably against them. I will agree with you if we do the same to Chelsea.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger out! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tough game against Leicester on Wednesday. Top 4 still a possibility if we can get 3 points.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:Tough game against Leicester on Wednesday. Top 4 still a possibility if we can get 3 points.

this Waffi sef :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Abeg I dey wait for my favorite part of the year...the offseason when you give us sweet gists about who Arsenal wants to sign. I be junkie for those gists, and dem dey sweet me well well, even though na mostly fabu :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o