Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

Juan Mata, a Mourinho Player. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

After Mourinho challenged Jones and Smalling to get out of the treatment table and play with half a leg! As dem no answer am, Mata who had surgery last week (?) and ho is scheduled to return end of May, decided to return 1 month early and play without legs. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:Juan Mata, a Mourinho Player. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

After Mourinho challenged Jones and Smalling to get out of the treatment table and play with half a leg! As dem no answer am, Mata who had surgery last week (?) and ho is scheduled to return end of May, decided to return 1 month early and play without legs. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tell Mourinho to go siddon for dorty. Which kai akpeteshie made him sell Mata and keep Oscar?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

tfco wrote:we have the 3rd best away record, behind CHE and City

impressive.
...does that guarantee league title or top 4 european qualification :???: :???:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Juan Mata, a Mourinho Player. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tell Mourinho to go siddon for dorty. Which kai akpeteshie made him sell Mata and keep Oscar?
No mind am! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I for sey e eye don open, but shame no gree let me tok. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Just hope the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona don't come for Bailly
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Just hope the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona don't come for Bailly
WHy??? You dont want our brother to triple his salary? na wa o
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The 'Special One-One' has done it again. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Waffiman wrote:The 'Special One-One' has done it again. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Yes ooo. He has done what Wenger can only dream off :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

We should be more worried about Real Madrid coming for DDG who is irreplaceable (unless Man Utd miraculously sign Neuer or Courtois).

Other points:

1) Man Utd today set a new club record for their longest unbeaten run in the league (25 games). They have surpassed the 24 game unbeaten run they set in the 2010/11 season.

2) The Man Utd defensive injury jinx continues. Two more defenders (Bailly and Shaw) were taken off injured. Man Utd finished the game with a "back 4" with everyone playing out of position. Two wingers at full-back, a RB in CD, and a LB in CD. Every single Man Utd central defender (all 5 of them) is injured, and they have 8 players out in total (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, TFM, Shaw, Zlatan, Pogba.

3) Jose's reticence to play youngsters is amazing. 6 defenders injured, Shaw and Bailly get injured - yet he preferred to play a RB in CD and two wingers at FB, rather than give a game to the talented young central defender Axel Tuanzebe.

marko wrote:Just hope the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona don't come for Bailly
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:We should be more worried about Real Madrid coming for DDG who is irreplaceable (unless Man Utd miraculously sign Neuer or Courtois).

Other points:

1) Man Utd today set a new club record for their longest unbeaten run in the league (25 games). They have surpassed the 24 game unbeaten run they set in the 2010/11 season.

2) The Man Utd defensive injury jinx continues. Two more defenders (Bailly and Shaw) were taken off injured. Man Utd finished the game with a "back 4" with everyone playing out of position. Two wingers at full-back, a RB in CD, and a LB in CD. Every single Man Utd central defender (all 5 of them) is injured, and they have 8 players out in total (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, Shaw, TFM, Zlatan, Pogba.

3) Jose's reticence to play youngsters is amazing. 6 defenders injured, Shaw and Bailly get injured - yet he preferred to play a RB in CD and two wingers at FB, rather than give a game to the talented young central defender Axel Tuanzebe.

What of Mensah....that guy played cd under LVG and offered an assuring performance....but our believes he is an attacking midfielder!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
wiseone wrote:We should be more worried about Real Madrid coming for DDG who is irreplaceable (unless Man Utd miraculously sign Neuer or Courtois).

Other points:

2) The Man Utd defensive injury jinx continues. Two more defenders (Bailly and Shaw) were taken off injured. Man Utd finished the game with a "back 4" with everyone playing out of position. Two wingers at full-back, a RB in CD, and a LB in CD. Every single Man Utd central defender (all 5 of them) is injured, and they have 8 players out in total (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, Shaw, TFM, Zlatan, Pogba.

What of Mensah....that guy played cd under LVG and offered an assuring performance....but our believes he is an attacking midfielder!
Mensah is actually a Defensive Midfielder, although in youth football, he played as a CB, also. I believe he played at RB under Van Gaal.

Anyway, he dislocated his shoulder on Thursday against Man City.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Mensah = 'TFM' in my post above = another one on the injured list (he came on as a late sub against Man City (after Fellaini's red card) and managed to get injured in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch). Sigh...
oloye wrote:What of Mensah....that guy played cd under LVG and offered an assuring performance....but our believes he is an attacking midfielder!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

There will a clear out st the end of the season, there are as many as 7 players who should look for other teams
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Other points:

2) The Man Utd defensive injury jinx continues. Two more defenders (Bailly and Shaw) were taken off injured. Man Utd finished the game with a "back 4" with everyone playing out of position. Two wingers at full-back, a RB in CD, and a LB in CD. Every single Man Utd central defender (all 5 of them) is injured, and they have 8 players out in total (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, TFM, Shaw, Zlatan, Pogba.

Now Man United fans will understand that LVG was on to something with his Philosophy, just that injuries affected him, but he still managed to get Man United to finish on the same points as City, something that is unlikely to happen this season given the fixtures remaining.

The only hope now is to win the Europa Cup.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:

Other points:

Now Man United fans will understand that LVG was on to something with his Philosophy, just that injuries affected him, but he still managed to get Man United to finish on the same points as City, something that is unlikely to happen this season given the fixtures remaining.

LvG is gone with his positives and annoying negatives. Mourinho is also on to something and he is the PRESENT. Undefeated in the league for almost 7 months is no joke. If this tight defence strategy is maintained and United is able to start converting good chances next season then we should expect a top 2 finish. Frankly, I don't expect a repeat of unnecessary draws at Old Trafford next season - that's a lot of dropped points against inferior opponents. We all know Mourinho goes all out in his 2nd season unlike Van Gaal who failed to build on the positives of his 1st season.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:

Other points:

LvG is gone with his positives and annoying negatives. Mourinho is also on to something and he is the PRESENT. Undefeated in the league for almost 7 months is no joke. If this tight defence strategy is maintained and United is able to start converting good chances next season then we should expect a top 2 finish. Frankly, I don't expect a repeat of unnecessary draws at Old Trafford next season - that's a lot of dropped points against inferior opponents. We all know Mourinho goes all out in his 2nd season unlike Van Gaal who failed to build on the positives of his 1st season.
My point being that i understand Mourinho struggles this season in the same way i understood LVG struggles that were reported as failure.

Definitely United will be much.better.next season.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If Man Utd finish outside the top 4, should Jose keep his job? I mean they fired LVG for winning the FA Cup and finishing 5th on goal difference after being level on points with 4th placed Man City.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:If Man Utd finish outside the top 4, should Jose keep his job? I mean they fired LVG for winning the FA Cup and finishing 5th on goal difference after being level on points with 4th placed Man City.
Yes he should. We are familiar with his track record - measured first season building a team that is difficult to beat then succesful second season. Europa's Thursdays has been a distraction and he is still in the mix. He already won the League Cup. His team is undefeated in the league since October and the Europa cup till date.
I would keep him - the top 6 of this season was the top 4 of previous years in terms quality - my opinion. I will keep him.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The fact man utd are unbeaten in 25 games shows he is on to something major, the defence has tightened up, we just need a 25-30 goal a season striker

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

There aren't too many of those. CR7, Messi, Suarez, Aubameyang, Cavani, Lewandowski, Dzeko, Belotti are the only ones in the top 5 leagues in Europe.
marko wrote:The fact man utd are unbeaten in 25 games shows he is on to something major, the defence has tightened up, we just need a 25-30 goal a season striker
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The Man Utd injury carousel has claimed another victim. Luke Shaw is out for the season and might miss some of next season too: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ansea-city

Updated injured and unavailable list:

Jonesy (injured by Smalling) - out for season
Smalling - out for season
Zlatan - out for season
Mark Red - out for season
Luke Shaw - out for season
Fosu-Mensah - out for season
Johnny Kills - just returning from injury
Pogba: ??
Bailly??
Fellaini - 3 match suspension

So all 5 Man Utd central defenders are injured, a LB is out for the season, another LB and RB have to play in CD, two wingers have to play at FB. Just like the LVG days again (only if Jose would give young Axel Tuanzebe a chance). Tuanzebe is very highly rated. Playing wingers in defence and FBs in CD might encourage young Tuanzebe to seek a career elsewhere if Man Utd won't play him. It seems that nothing has been learned from the Pogba saga where he left in frustration after Ferguson decided to play a RB (Rafael) in midfield and recalled the 37yo Scholes from retirement rather than play Pogba. Those who do not learn from history are ...
Last edited by wiseone on Wed May 03, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:The Man Utd injury carousel has claimed another victim. Luke Shaw is out for the season and might miss some of next season too: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ansea-city

Updated injured and unavailable list:

Jonesy (injured by Smalling) - out for season
Smalling - out for season
Zlatan - out for season
Mark Red - out for season
Luke Shaw - out for season
Fosu-Mensah - out for season
Johnny Kills - just returning from injury
Pogba: ??
Bailly??
Fellaini - 3 match suspension

So all 5 Man Utd central defenders are injured, a LB is out for the season, another LB and RB have to play in CD, two wingers have to play at FB. Just like the LVG days again (only if Jose would give young Axel Tuanzebe a chance). Tuanzebe is very highly rated. Playing wingers in defence and FBs in CD might encourage young Tuanzebe to seek a career elsewhere if Man Utd won't play him. It seems that nothing has been learned from the Pogba saga where he left in frustration after Ferguson decided to play a RB (Rafael) in midfield and recalled the 37yo Scholes from retirement rather than lay Pogba. Those who do not learn from history are ...
So what is causing all these injuries, I remember last season some blamed LVG outdated training methods foe the unusual amount of injuries across the squad.

Looks like the bad luck is back, why all these injuries
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Two things (that are not bad luck):

1) Jose's refusal to rotate the squad; and

2) Jose's refusal to play youngsters to give the first teamers a break every now and then.

For months I have been saying that Jose's insistence on keeping Zlatan and Pogba on the pitch no matter the match situation or scoreline would eventually cost Man Utd. I hate to say I told you so but...

Pogba got injured in the 88th minute of a match where Man Utd were winning 2-0 (after he played 120 minutes (including extra-time) only 3 days earlier). What on earth was he still doing on the pitch in the 88th minute of a game Man Utd were winning 2-0 comfortably? ...in a month where Man Utd have 9 games in 30 games and just before the Manchester derby! :shock: Ditto another game where Man Utd were winning 3-0 against 10 men and Jose refused to bring on any youngster to give any of the first teamers a breather - even just for the final 10-20 minutes.

Zlatan got injured during extra-time of a game in which he should have been subbed off. Bailly got injured after playing 8 straight games in 3 weeks.
benteke wrote: So what is causing all these injuries, I remember last season some blamed LVG outdated training methods foe the unusual amount of injuries across the squad.

Looks like the bad luck is back, why all these injuries