England Squad for the u20 Wcup in Korea.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
England Squad for the u20 Wcup in Korea.

Post by walesvilla »

England coach Paul Simpson has lost three of his intended Under-20 World Cup squad - but Everton duo Ademola Lookman and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have been named for the tournament in South Korea later this month.

Celtic forward Patrick Roberts, Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe and Chelsea forward Izzy Brown, who is on loan at Huddersfield Town, are staying with their clubs.

In addition, Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook and Middlesbrough defender Dael Fry will join the squad in South Korea after next weekend’s Premier League games.

England meet up at St George's Park later today before heading to Osaka on Tuesday for a six-day training camp.

They open their campaign against Argentina in Jeonju on Saturday, 20 May.

Full squad: Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United), Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Luke Southwood (Reading), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Callum Connolly (Everton), Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Jake Clarke-Salter (Chelsea), Rico Henry (Brentford), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth), Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), Kieran Dowell (Everton), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool), Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool), Adam Armstrong (Newcastle United), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Ademola Lookman (Everton), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Harrison Chapman (Middlesbrough).
ShareView more share options
Copy this link

http://bbc.in/2pqmfRn
Read more about these links.Read more about sharing BBC content externally
Share this post on FacebookShare this post on Twitter
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England Squad for the u20 Wcup in Korea.

Post by bushboy »

I didn't know Nigeria qualified for this tourney O! Nice!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Pretty good squad, but bad coaching will undo them. But it will help England to begin to take these tournaments more seriously. If all the serious footballing nation take them serious, it is only sheer ignorance and arrogance for the english fa and clubs not to!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Whatever happened to Ejaria and Ojo? Anyway, guess they are still young. I have a feeling Lookman will be the best of the lot. He has an X-factor the others don't.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

walesvilla wrote:England coach Paul Simpson has lost three of his intended Under-20 World Cup squad - but Everton duo Ademola Lookman and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have been named for the tournament in South Korea later this month.

Celtic forward Patrick Roberts, Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe and Chelsea forward Izzy Brown, who is on loan at Huddersfield Town, are staying with their clubs.

In addition, Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook and Middlesbrough defender Dael Fry will join the squad in South Korea after next weekend’s Premier League games.

England meet up at St George's Park later today before heading to Osaka on Tuesday for a six-day training camp.

Full squad: Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United), Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Luke Southwood (Reading), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Callum Connolly (Everton), Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Jake Clarke-Salter (Chelsea), Rico Henry (Brentford), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth), Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), Kieran Dowell (Everton), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool), Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool), Adam Armstrong (Newcastle United), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Ademola Lookman (Everton), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Harrison Chapman (Middlesbrough).
Copy this link

You missed Dele Fry
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

bushboy wrote:I didn't know Nigeria qualified for this tourney O! Nice!!
You sure or just being sarcastic? :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

airwolex wrote:
walesvilla wrote:England coach Paul Simpson has lost three of his intended Under-20 World Cup squad - but Everton duo Ademola Lookman and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have been named for the tournament in South Korea later this month.

Copy this link

You missed Dele Fry

So they made a spelling mistake? It's not Dael?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

balo wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Copy this link

You missed Dele Fry

I never knew about this fry - Is Fry Nigerian surname??
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote:Whatever happened to Ejaria and Ojo? Anyway, guess they are still young. I have a feeling Lookman will be the best of the lot. He has an X-factor the others don't.
I was asking this very question just yesterday as I watched Liverpool struggle to a draw with Southampton.
They seem to have just disappeared completely off the radar.
Na wa for youth football o.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

walesvilla wrote:
balo wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Copy this link

You missed Dele Fry

I never knew about this fry - Is Fry Nigerian surname??
It doesnt need to be. Nigerian women also marry non-Nigerians you know. :idea:

England U-17 star Danny Loader has a Nigerian mother.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 95777.aspx
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

this is a Nigeria forum guys......I don't care for the 3 lions even if they had a squad of 23 Nigerians....just sayin'
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
airwolex wrote:Whatever happened to Ejaria and Ojo? Anyway, guess they are still young. I have a feeling Lookman will be the best of the lot. He has an X-factor the others don't.
I was asking this very question just yesterday as I watched Liverpool struggle to a draw with Southampton.
English product....guys it might look as if i have something against these english system raised guys, but i worry at the number of these players with what appear to be genuine talent but suddenly go under the radar. I cannot believe what has happened to Jordan Ibe, even Bournemouth cannot believe that they splashed out so much for a dud! Something is wrong with their system,that is why i hope participating in this tournament would be one way of correcting this problem.

Look at all the names there just wasting the time they should be using break into any serious team wasting away waiting for their breakthrough. The problem with the loan system is that they go there with a flawed mentality, i am here to help! As soon as they are not getting autonatic shirt they simply return under the arms of mother big epl club.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If he cannot break into Everton team, he should get out as soon as possible and look for regular football elsewhere instead of rotting away on the bench.

Football has changed if you are between 20-24 and you are still waiting to break into a team, you are wasting away valuable time to develop.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
English product....guys it might look as if i have something against these english system raised guys, but i worry at the number of these players with what appear to be genuine talent but suddenly go under the radar. I cannot believe what has happened to Jordan Ibe, even Bournemouth cannot believe that they splashed out so much for a dud! Something is wrong with their system,that is why i hope participating in this tournament would be one way of correcting this problem.

Look at all the names there just wasting the time they should be using break into any serious team wasting away waiting for their breakthrough. The problem with the loan system is that they go there with a flawed mentality, i am here to help! As soon as they are not getting autonatic shirt they simply return under the arms of mother big epl club.
I cant believe it either.
The English system is like that though...the rate of attrition is exceedingly high. I remember watching a BBC documentary many years ago on the failure rate at the youth level and it was heartbreaking to see how many young hopefuls fall at the last hurdle. Even those that break through and win contracts still have a lot of work to do and nothing is guaranteed.
In Nigeria, as usual, we put it down to 'age', but nothing could be further from the truth.

Jordan Ibe is really a baffling case.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

How can Sheyi Ojo who two years ago looked like he was close to breaking through at Liverpool suddenly disappear? I will like to know the sort of system and the mentality these guys work with in that system. Something is taking away the competitive edge from these players. Look at the case of Solanke negotiating to be paid 70k a week, when he has done nada other than being privileged to be called a Chelsea player...70k , now that is robbery. I can go to the scandinavian or mother africa and pick players who would burst their lungs and break their legs for a fraction of that.

They are being told they are elite players when in fact they are nothing other than the club houseboys! For most clubs these english boys have become mere statistics to fulfil the quota...an evidence of how quota system can be destructive!

Ake was recalled from Bournemouth where he was having a fantastic season and blossoming into a fine composed center half,only to come and keep the bench warm for others at Chelsea. Is he not better off with regular football and furthering his development at Bournemouth?

That will not stop Chelsea buying a new centerhalf to leap frog him and he resigns himself to bench duties. It would have been better for him to seek a permanent move to Bournemouth.

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Guinea, South Africa, Zambia & Senegal to represent Africa

They have all "learnt" how to get to these age tournaments
... and that's the reason Naija no longer makes it
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rawlings wrote:Guinea, South Africa, Zambia & Senegal to represent Africa

They have all "learnt" how to get to these age tournaments
... and that's the reason Naija no longer makes it
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Naija has always missed one or two. It's those midgets from Ofinso no longer make it :biggrin:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I cant believe it either.
The English system is like that though...the rate of attrition is exceedingly high. I remember watching a BBC documentary many years ago on the failure rate at the youth level and it was heartbreaking to see how many young hopefuls fall at the last hurdle. Even those that break through and win contracts still have a lot of work to do and nothing is guaranteed.
In Nigeria, as usual, we put it down to 'age', but nothing could be further from the truth.

Jordan Ibe is really a baffling case.
If you have watched him play, you will not be baffled.

I could not believe Naija was even chasing him.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:How can Sheyi Ojo who two years ago looked like he was close to breaking through at Liverpool suddenly disappear? I will like to know the sort of system and the mentality these guys work with in that system. Something is taking away the competitive edge from these players. Look at the case of Solanke negotiating to be paid 70k a week, when he has done nada other than being privileged to be called a Chelsea player...70k , now that is robbery. I can go to the scandinavian or mother africa and pick players who would burst their lungs and break their legs for a fraction of that.

They are being told they are elite players when in fact they are nothing other than the club houseboys! For most clubs these english boys have become mere statistics to fulfil the quota...an evidence of how quota system can be destructive!

Ake was recalled from Bournemouth where he was having a fantastic season and blossoming into a fine composed center half,only to come and keep the bench warm for others at Chelsea. Is he not better off with regular football and furthering his development at Bournemouth?

That will not stop Chelsea buying a new centerhalf to leap frog him and he resigns himself to bench duties. It would have been better for him to seek a permanent move to Bournemouth.

Ake's agent should be fired for negligence
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:How can Sheyi Ojo who two years ago looked like he was close to breaking through at Liverpool suddenly disappear? I will like to know the sort of system and the mentality these guys work with in that system. Something is taking away the competitive edge from these players. Look at the case of Solanke negotiating to be paid 70k a week, when he has done nada other than being privileged to be called a Chelsea player...70k , now that is robbery. I can go to the scandinavian or mother africa and pick players who would burst their lungs and break their legs for a fraction of that.

Solanke needs to go out on loan to get playing time.

TA is currently on 25K/month, went on loan and beat all expectations to become Player of the year and Youth Player of the Year at the loan club.

His wages are about to be doubled by Chelsea.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Too much hype at an early age and players buy into it.... Jack Wilshire is another one gradually fading into obscurity.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Most are overpaid. Dele Alli is about to enter the same wahala boat. Overhyped with people saying that he is good enough for Real. I hope Real is able to bite the bait and swap with Isco.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Good luck to England and all the players they've successfully developed I hope they uncover new talent,I thought this was a Nigerian football forum?
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue May 09, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI