England Squad for the u20 Wcup in Korea.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England Squad for the u20 Wcup in Korea.

Post by Enugu II »

Mr Shows wrote:Too much hype at an early age and players buy into it.... Jack Wilshire is another one gradually fading into obscurity.
Jack Wilshire is actually a success considering that he got to the top level. There are many of his mates who fell out long before now. However, this is not unique to England but actually a global phenomenon.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
airwolex wrote:Whatever happened to Ejaria and Ojo? Anyway, guess they are still young. I have a feeling Lookman will be the best of the lot. He has an X-factor the others don't.
I was asking this very question just yesterday as I watched Liverpool struggle to a draw with Southampton.
They seem to have just disappeared completely off the radar.
Na wa for youth football o.
Damunk,

How now? I have sent PM to you a few times. Need a response as the stuff is ready and out there.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
airwolex wrote:Whatever happened to Ejaria and Ojo? Anyway, guess they are still young. I have a feeling Lookman will be the best of the lot. He has an X-factor the others don't.
I was asking this very question just yesterday as I watched Liverpool struggle to a draw with Southampton.
Damunk,

How now? I have sent PM to you a few times. Need a response as the stuff is ready and out there.
EII...na wa. I just dey see am now o.
Imagine...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
balo wrote:
airwolex wrote:
walesvilla wrote:England coach Paul Simpson has lost three of his intended Under-20 World Cup squad - but Everton duo Ademola Lookman and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have been named for the tournament in South Korea later this month.

Celtic forward Patrick Roberts, Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe and Chelsea forward Izzy Brown, who is on loan at Huddersfield Town, are staying with their clubs.

In addition, Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook and Middlesbrough defender Dael Fry will join the squad in South Korea after next weekend’s Premier League games.

England meet up at St George's Park later today before heading to Osaka on Tuesday for a six-day training camp.

They open their campaign against Argentina in Jeonju on Saturday, 20 May.

Full squad: Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United), Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Luke Southwood (Reading), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Callum Connolly (Everton), Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Jake Clarke-Salter (Chelsea), Rico Henry (Brentford), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth), Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), Kieran Dowell (Everton), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool), Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool), Adam Armstrong (Newcastle United), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Ademola Lookman (Everton), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Harrison Chapman (Middlesbrough).
ShareView more share options
Copy this link

http://bbc.in/2pqmfRn
Read more about these links.Read more about sharing BBC content externally
Share this post on FacebookShare this post on Twitter
You missed Dele Fry

So they made a spelling mistake? It's not Dael?
I never knew about this fry - Is Fry Nigerian surname??
It doesnt need to be. Nigerian women also marry non-Nigerians you know. :idea:

England U-17 star Danny Loader has a Nigerian mother.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 95777.aspx
The reason why this was not known is because Nigerians look for obvious Nigerian family names of second generation British players and not much research is needed but when a micro analysis is needed it becomes complicated!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue May 09, 2017 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

airwolex wrote:
walesvilla wrote:England coach Paul Simpson has lost three of his intended Under-20 World Cup squad - but Everton duo Ademola Lookman and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have been named for the tournament in South Korea later this month.

Celtic forward Patrick Roberts, Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe and Chelsea forward Izzy Brown, who is on loan at Huddersfield Town, are staying with their clubs.

In addition, Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook and Middlesbrough defender Dael Fry will join the squad in South Korea after next weekend’s Premier League games.

England meet up at St George's Park later today before heading to Osaka on Tuesday for a six-day training camp.

They open their campaign against Argentina in Jeonju on Saturday, 20 May.

Full squad: Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United), Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Luke Southwood (Reading), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Callum Connolly (Everton), Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Jake Clarke-Salter (Chelsea), Rico Henry (Brentford), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth), Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), Kieran Dowell (Everton), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool), Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool), Adam Armstrong (Newcastle United), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Ademola Lookman (Everton), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Harrison Chapman (Middlesbrough).
ShareView more share options
Copy this link

http://bbc.in/2pqmfRn
Read more about these links.Read more about sharing BBC content externally
Share this post on FacebookShare this post on Twitter
You missed Dele Fry
Dael Fry

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mr Shows wrote:Too much hype at an early age and players buy into it.... Jack Wilshire is another one gradually fading into obscurity.
The artist formerly known as Lil' Prince, now currently known as My other Son, is still destined for greatness. Malaise and it's mishandling has delayed the coronation and may well curtail tenure at the throne, but My Son shall be a King nonetheless.

As for hype, it is arguably the most important mechanism of the machine. But for hype, how else would the game be sold? Just another string on the advertisement bow. There are precious little facts amongst the fantasy, but the appetite for new Messis, new Ronaldos is insatiable. The masses demand it and the system supplies. Meanwhile, cast an eye at Beloved's unheard ofs, Biejlik or is it Beowulf? Calf circumference 56 centimetres, up 4 from last season and 12 ahead of Viera's at the same stage in his career. Bulked up on whey protein and sports a military like skiffle these days. Recent Tweets suggests a beard may populate the chin, new Gatusso? #fingerscrossed
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Gooner1 wrote:this is a Nigeria forum guys......I don't care for the 3 lions even if they had a squad of 23 Nigerians....just sayin'
:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Where is Tammy Abraham ?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:Where is Tammy Abraham ?
U don start :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

If folks were discussing players born in Nigeria...
Age-cheating would have filled this thread as the primary reason for failing to make the step-up.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wale1974 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Where is Tammy Abraham ?
U don start :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

No seriously.

Didn't he turn down Nigeria SE to play with England at U20 Worldcup, with the option of later changing nationalities to come back to Nigeria after ?

Why is he not in the England team ?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gotti wrote:If folks were discussing players born in Nigeria...
Age-cheating would have filled this thread as the primary reason for failing to make the step-up.
I was waiting for someone to say that age caught up with them.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Good luck to England and all the players they've successfully developed I hope they uncover new talent,I thought this was a Nigerian football forum?
...Nigeria is England, England is Nigeria. What you think of the madness with epl, every tom diick and (pu$sy) harry Nigerian wear and sleep in england club uniform :laugh: :laugh:
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
English product....guys it might look as if i have something against these english system raised guys, but i worry at the number of these players with what appear to be genuine talent but suddenly go under the radar. I cannot believe what has happened to Jordan Ibe, even Bournemouth cannot believe that they splashed out so much for a dud! Something is wrong with their system,that is why i hope participating in this tournament would be one way of correcting this problem.

Look at all the names there just wasting the time they should be using break into any serious team wasting away waiting for their breakthrough. The problem with the loan system is that they go there with a flawed mentality, i am here to help! As soon as they are not getting autonatic shirt they simply return under the arms of mother big epl club.
I cant believe it either.
The English system is like that though...the rate of attrition is exceedingly high. I remember watching a BBC documentary many years ago on the failure rate at the youth level and it was heartbreaking to see how many young hopefuls fall at the last hurdle. Even those that break through and win contracts still have a lot of work to do and nothing is guaranteed.
In Nigeria, as usual, we put it down to 'age', but nothing could be further from the truth.

Jordan Ibe is really a baffling case.
Ibe's issue is more mental, than anything else. Going from the next best thing after Sterling in a team as big as Liverpool to Boumouth threw the young man. Needs a coach that will put an arm around his shoulders, and bring him back to earth.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Said it before and will repeat, Englis football is more about fitness than skills.
That's what the coaches primarily believe and look for. Many an English 'Messi'
have been overlooked due not being big, fast, or strong.
Anyone doubting my take on the issue should please inform
on the last time a team dominated by English developed players
made the top ten at the end of an EPLA season.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wale1974 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:this is a Nigeria forum guys......I don't care for the 3 lions even if they had a squad of 23 Nigerians....just sayin'
:lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

tfco wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I tire o
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

wale1974 wrote:
tfco wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I tire o
Mad Nama disease is real!

<
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

okidoki wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
English product....guys it might look as if i have something against these english system raised guys, but i worry at the number of these players with what appear to be genuine talent but suddenly go under the radar. I cannot believe what has happened to Jordan Ibe, even Bournemouth cannot believe that they splashed out so much for a dud! Something is wrong with their system,that is why i hope participating in this tournament would be one way of correcting this problem.

Look at all the names there just wasting the time they should be using break into any serious team wasting away waiting for their breakthrough. The problem with the loan system is that they go there with a flawed mentality, i am here to help! As soon as they are not getting autonatic shirt they simply return under the arms of mother big epl club.
I cant believe it either.
The English system is like that though...the rate of attrition is exceedingly high. I remember watching a BBC documentary many years ago on the failure rate at the youth level and it was heartbreaking to see how many young hopefuls fall at the last hurdle. Even those that break through and win contracts still have a lot of work to do and nothing is guaranteed.
In Nigeria, as usual, we put it down to 'age', but nothing could be further from the truth.

Jordan Ibe is really a baffling case.
Ibe's issue is more mental, than anything else. Going from the next best thing after Sterling in a team as big as Liverpool to Boumouth threw the young man. Needs a coach that will put an arm around his shoulders, and bring him back to earth.
Ibe was never anything special. No end product. He was a 2nd rate Raheem Sterling is what I always thought. In fact it was hilarious after Sterling left Liverpool and the hateful fans began acting like Ibe would end up being better than Sterling. :rotf: :rotf:

Ejaria and Ojo are better talents than Ibe was, in my opinion.

--------------------------------------------