[TBL] Spurs (2-1) Man United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [TBL] Spurs (2-1) Man United

Post by tfco »

Just call him "Alli"

these commentators dey vex

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:Just call him "Alli"

i thought i was the only one getting upset "Delli" :oops: :-x
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Look at how Spurs are struggling since Herrera enter!

And Like Kolcieny, when Herrera was on the pitch it was 0-1! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

COmmentator: "we will have the ceremony after the game"
Only Lily Livered would celebrate 2nd place at WHL

bunch of wussies

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

WHL Closed out with a win :)
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kako wrote:WHL Closed out with a win :)
what trophies will they be carting to the new stadium?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:Just call him "Alli"

i thought i was the only one getting upset "Delli" :oops: :-x
...you sure the kid did not 'instruct' them to call him so, like the aibi (Ibe) guy :biggrin:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

You guys should lay off the defenders. De Gea, Bailly, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Blind, Rojo, Damian, Shaw all did their job this season. The DMs and CM also did their jobs, the culprits are the attacking guys on the wide areas and the seemingly blunt attack without old man Ibrahimovic. Apart from Ibra because of his many goals (though his big man football took some getting used to), the rest should look at themselves ala Rashford, Mkhi, Mata, Martial, Lingard, Rooney.

Martial will do better and get more chances if he worked harder, ran harder and makes himself more available to the guys behind him. Rooney had some bad games and he was hurried off for these lightweights and that seemed to affect his contribution for the rest of the season.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Spurs (2-0) Man United

Post by felarey »

tfco wrote:you know you are sh*t when:

1. Rooney (2017) scores against you
2. You are busting a gut in your stadium testimonial, and Man United (with Bailly at RB) scores against you

L I L Y - L I V E R E D
Common man, don't disrespect Wayne Rooney like that. The guy was rendered a bit part player and like the true professional he is, he accepted.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Smalling is just an average defender who deservedly caught the eyes of the scouts because of the potentials they saw in him, like his english peers.....fill in the space!

Phil Jones i worry about, what is wrong with his balance? He trips over easily.. He is the one i think injury has dealt a cruel blow and i think it is part of what is wrong with his balance.

As for Lingard..seriously 100k? I can swear he wont make the Bournemouth team... I mean Jordan Ibe cannot make the team and even Wilshere had to work extra to make the Bournemouth team. Meanwhile they are deceiving Lingard making him believe he is a United material when he is not.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Kako wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:kai, wey Fellaini? This game misses Ibra and Fulani
Felani-Suspended
Ibra-Injured

Team N.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

tfco wrote:

bunch of wussies
Better than celebrating the 6th place trophy :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

toyin133 wrote:
tfco wrote:

bunch of wussies
Key word here "trophy"
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Funny enough, the United team B is not a bad side.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

oloye wrote:Smalling is just an average defender who deservedly caught the eyes of the scouts because of the potentials they saw in him, like his english peers.....fill in the space!

Phil Jones i worry about, what is wrong with his balance? He trips over easily.. He is the one i think injury has dealt a cruel blow and i think it is part of what is wrong with his balance.

As for Lingard..seriously 100k? I can swear he wont make the Bournemouth team... I mean Jordan Ibe cannot make the team and even Wilshere had to work extra to make the Bournemouth team. Meanwhile they are deceiving Lingard making him believe he is a United material when he is not.
Smalling's issue is his injury record that keeps him from getting a run of games. When he gets a run, he's as good as any centerback in the premiership. For me the only disappointing thing was hearing Mourinho question his commitment.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

akamoke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
tfco wrote:

bunch of wussies
Key word here "trophy"
Congratulations on the 6th place trophy :D
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

felarey wrote:
oloye wrote:Smalling is just an average defender who deservedly caught the eyes of the scouts because of the potentials they saw in him, like his english peers.....fill in the space!

Smalling's issue is his injury record that keeps him from getting a run of games. When he gets a run, he's as good as any centerback in the premiership. For me the only disappointing thing was hearing Mourinho question his commitment.
Dont insult the other center halfs in the EPL, Smalling is not as good as Luis, Azpi(even though he is makeshift), he is nowhere near Kompany, KOS, even calamity Cahil is above him. Surely comparing him to new boy Baily is close to blasphemy. Grandpa Terry i will still pick above him!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We were always going to lose this game, with the likes of Rooney, lingard and martial, where are the goals coming from, this was a B side and that is what it is, changes will be made at the end of the season, take this same team into next season, Mourinho will be sacked and that will be the end of his coaching career!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

oloye wrote:
felarey wrote:

Dont insult the other center halfs in the EPL, Smalling is not as good as Luis, Azpi(even though he is makeshift), he is nowhere near Kompany, KOS, even calamity Cahil is above him. Surely comparing him to new boy Baily is close to blasphemy. Grandpa Terry i will still pick above him!
Those players aren't ahead of him for England though. Last summer, none of these players would be mentioned ahead of him. It's a tale of a season gone awry and a player struggling to reach match fitness. The work the defenders put in wasn't reflected due to the blunt attacking players. So the mistakes get magnified as we rely on the defenders to carry the team.

Jose rendered a very red and true mancunian in Rooney a bit part player after some bad games. I'm sure he'll score the same if not more goals if given the minutes Rashford, Lingaard, Martial etc. pitted away this season. You can't replace prolific legendary experience with budding youth or talent, you have to go get the best of the best.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

marko wrote:We were always going to lose this game, with the likes of Rooney, lingard and martial, where are the goals coming from, this was a B side and that is what it is, changes will be made at the end of the season, take this same team into next season, Mourinho will be sacked and that will be the end of his coaching career!
Mourinho's job will be under review if he doesn't win the UEFA Cup. Qualifying for CL is the standard, but he might be allowed to stay on if the guys upstairs think he's going somewhere.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

toyin133 wrote:
akamoke wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
tfco wrote:

bunch of wussies
Key word here "trophy"
Congratulations on the 6th place trophy :D
Congrats on the....ummm

UCL - last place
Europa - Gent
League - 2nd
FA Cup - Jermaine Jenas lol

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

tfco wrote:
Kako wrote:WHL Closed out with a win :)
what trophies will they be carting to the new stadium?
Morale trophies :thumbs:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

felarey wrote:
oloye wrote:
felarey wrote:

Those players aren't ahead of him for England though. Last summer, none of these players would be mentioned ahead of him. It's a tale of a season gone awry and a player struggling to reach match fitness. The work the defenders put in wasn't reflected due to the blunt attacking players. So the mistakes get magnified as we rely on the defenders to carry the team.

Jose rendered a very red and true mancunian in Rooney a bit part player after some bad games. I'm sure he'll score the same if not more goals if given the minutes Rashford, Lingaard, Martial etc. pitted away this season. You can't replace prolific legendary experience with budding youth or talent, you have to go get the best of the best.
Because they do not play for England,in fact they play for better countries. England missed the services of good center halves they were even begging Terry to come out of retirement. Abeg Smalling na small defender when we talk of center halves jare!