APOY; Does Victor Moses deserve it?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
APOY; Does Victor Moses deserve it?

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... anu-Gossip

Has Victor Moses done enough to win the African Footballer of the Year 2017?
last night victor Moses helped his club to win the English premiership for the 2016/2017 season.

Thus crowning a blissful year for both club and country. it will be recalled that Moses has reinvented and reestablish himself in Anthony Contes' team. he was one of the only 6 players to have started most number of games. and in the super eagles team he has also been a key figue in dislodging Zambia and Algeria no doubts he has done well.

But the question is, do you think this is enough to make him win the African Footballer of the Year for 2017?
who will give him a fight?

As for KANU a former winner of the title and Arsenal legend he believes Victor Moses has done enough.

Moses has proved critics wrong,” KANU told Sports Village Square.
“It is now left for CAF to do their rating. “As for me, he deserves the 2017 CAF award.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: APOY; Does Victor Moses deserve it?

Post by Tbite »

As a Nigerian and a Vic Mo supporter for many years now, I would say yes.

but then I would be a hypocrite. I don't think Yaya should have won it some of the times he did. Enyeama and Mikel should have!

You can't just succeed in the EPL, do little in the NT that year and deserve to win APOY.

I mean we are the ones who make the rules, APOY can be whatever we want it to be, it could just be the best African player fullstop, it could even include players of African descent, we are the ones who make the rules....but I think a good parameter should include those who perform FOR Africa, in addition to whatever else they do.

I think it's important for Africa more than any continent.

but seeing as how Nigeria has been robbed so many times, I think this form of thinking should take effect AFTER Vic Mo. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote:As a Nigerian and a Vic Mo supporter for many years now, I would say yes.

but then I would be a hypocrite. I don't think Yaya should have won it some of the times he did. Enyeama and Mikel should have!

You can't just succeed in the EPL, do little in the NT that year and deserve to win APOY.

I mean we are the ones who make the rules, APOY can be whatever we want it to be, it could just be the best African player fullstop, it could even include players of African descent, we are the ones who make the rules....but I think a good parameter should include those who perform FOR Africa, in addition to whatever else they do.

but seeing as how Nigeria has been robbed so many times, I think this form of thinking should take effect AFTER Vic Mo. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I KPOM the highlighted. If a guy cannot dominate when wearing the colors of his AFRICAN COUNTRY or AFRICAN CLUB then he should have no business winning the APOY even if he is the best player in his European club.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Mane is the APOY! VM had a ok season but nothing special!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
Tbite wrote:As a Nigerian and a Vic Mo supporter for many years now, I would say yes.

I KPOM the highlighted. If a guy cannot dominate when wearing the colors of his AFRICAN COUNTRY or AFRICAN CLUB then he should have no business winning the APOY even if he is the best player in his European club.
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

The final 3 should be Vic Moses, Aubamayeng and Saido Mane. It'll be tough. I think Mane is slight favorite to win. Funny how no one is talking about Aubamayeng. He's been great this season as well
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Komani wrote:The final 3 should be Vic Moses, Aubamayeng and Saido Mane. It'll be tough. I think Mane is slight favorite to win. Funny how no one is talking about Aubamayeng. He's been great this season as well
he burned bridges permanently with that T-shirt he wore?
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu injury might be reason he will not win it and his team wining nothing.That miss PK in Nation Cup is enough to allow Moses Golden boy to win it.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

yes
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Cough cough Moukandjo
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The award greatly favors offensive players, most people just look at goals scored and how good the player was on tv. Vic my got not be APOY but he certainly is the best African DEFENSIVE player of the yr.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...why, because chelsea won the season? If that is the standard how many time have Ahmed Musa club championship in Russia, and has been named apoy?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Komani wrote:The final 3 should be Vic Moses, Aubamayeng and Saido Mane. It'll be tough. I think Mane is slight favorite to win. Funny how no one is talking about Aubamayeng. He's been great this season as well
he burned bridges permanently with that T-shirt he wore?
social media bridges.
was the establishment offended?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

How come Onyekuru can be considered for such honor based on his marvellous and stellar performances this season. I heartily believe his performance is more glaring than the candidates being considered.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Undertaker wrote:Mane is the APOY! VM had a ok season but nothing special!
helping a team win EPL is nothing Special? :shock:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Rogermilla wrote:Cough cough Moukandjo
..who??what sport does he play? :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

mcal wrote:...why, because chelsea won the season? If that is the standard how many time have Ahmed Musa club championship in Russia, and has been named apoy?
And what else did current winner Mahrez achieve apart from winning EPL with Leicester
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

bouncino wrote:
mcal wrote:...why, because chelsea won the season? If that is the standard how many time have Ahmed Musa club championship in Russia, and has been named apoy?
And what else did current winner Mahrez achieve apart from winning EPL with Leicester
...i see, so that is the criteria. African player in epl club that wins the league is crowned apoy. Okay o :sad:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Rogermilla wrote:Cough cough Moukandjo
Carry that whooping cough away from here. He is not even the best African in Ligue 1

Moses should be in the shortlist of the top 3 with Mane and Auba, but I think Aubameyang just takes it ahead of Mane.

29 goals in the Bundesliga with only one coming from a penalty is no joke.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-39261609
11:34
Ivory Coast and Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri has been named best African player in France's Ligue 1.

The 25-year-old picked up the Marc-Vivien Foe trophy after finishing ahead of Algeria's Ryad Boudebouz (Montpellier) and Cameroon's Nations Cup winning captain Benjamin Moukandjo (Lorient).
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

mcal wrote:
bouncino wrote:
...i see, so that is the criteria. African player in epl club that wins the league is crowned apoy. Okay o :sad:
People always finding reasons to deny Nigerians their opportunity. Same reason JJ didn't win it. He was good for SE but not in the EPL. Now we have someone strong on EPL. People forget we didn't play in AFCON but Moses played an important and strong role in the WC qualifier win over Algeria. And the year 2017 is the focus not 2016. How many other important matches did the SE play this year?

Nothing wrong with Mahrez winning it but not Moses. Please.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, you cannot decide the APOY in half a season. There is still a lot of football to be played before the end of 2017. While I agree that Mane has to be strongly considered based on his performance for both his club and Senegal, I will not count out Moses or any other person for that matter with still 8 months of football to play. As a matter of fact, Moses will have trophies by his name (counting FA) that Manu will not. Besides, Moses is on track to lead Nigeria to the 2018 WC while Mane is not in pole position with South Africa.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

If Vic Moses were to win it, I'd say Africa had a bad year in soccer.

Vic Moses should be in the lower single digits of contestants. He was good, and effective, but player of the year??? Naah
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

This APOY is going to be tough. There weren't too many players that were good all around at both the AFCON and for their club. I would like to say Aboubakar but he only scored 1 goal at the AFCON. If we win all of our games this year and Chelsea wins the FA Cup with Moses in the squad, it should clearly be Victor.