[TBL] Spurs (2-1) Man United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Spurs (2-1) Man United

Post by Its a Goal »

You know you are doing something right when supporters of rival teams try to rubbish your achievement :D. To go undefeated the entire season at home no be yam. Playing with the youngest team and finishing 2nd with 2 matches left is nothing to sniff at. Getting the highest number of points in the team's history with games left to play is a testament to the direction the team is heading. Call the ManU team all you want but that was a solid team good enough to get away with at least a point. Spurs on the day was better because they were more clinical.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:You know you are doing something right when supporters of rival teams try to rubbish your achievement :D. To go undefeated the entire season at home no be yam. Playing with the youngest team and finishing 2nd with 2 matches left is nothing to sniff at. Getting the highest number of points in the team's history with games left to play is a testament to the direction the team is heading. Call the ManU team all you want but that was a solid team good enough to get away with at least a point. Spurs on the day was better because they were more clinical.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What did you achieve? una win any trophy?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:You know you are doing something right when supporters of rival teams try to rubbish your achievement :D. To go undefeated the entire season at home no be yam. Playing with the youngest team and finishing 2nd with 2 matches left is nothing to sniff at. Getting the highest number of points in the team's history with games left to play is a testament to the direction the team is heading. Call the ManU team all you want but that was a solid team good enough to get away with at least a point. Spurs on the day was better because they were more clinical.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What did you achieve? una win any trophy?

Recognition for Participation Trophy. To paraphrase Yemster, "Nyashed But Didn't Ejaculate Trophy".
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Like I said in the highlighted we are definitely doing something right :thumbs:. Outperforming the season everyone dubbed as crap simply because the so called big boys didn't show up. Surpassing the total points ever earned in a season doing so with the leanest defense at home compared to any team and overall in general. Success is based on measurable targets. Our target for the start of the season was to simply make top 4 since the likes of Chelsea, Man United and Man City would be odds on favorites for the top 3 based on their spending power while ARSEnal and Liverpool would be fighting tooth and nail with us for the remaining spot. To be the last man standing for the title was an achievement beyond expectation. Come next season I expect us to go one step better. In MoPo's 3 years with Spurs we have gone from 5th to 3rd to 2nd. Upward ever backward never.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Its a Goal wrote:
Like I said in the highlighted we are definitely doing something right :thumbs:. Outperforming the season everyone dubbed as crap simply because the so called big boys didn't show up. Surpassing the total points ever earned in a season doing so with the leanest defense at home compared to any team and overall in general. Success is based on measurable targets. Our target for the start of the season was to simply make top 4 since the likes of Chelsea, Man United and Man City would be odds on favorites for the top 3 based on their spending power while ARSEnal and Liverpool would be fighting tooth and nail with us for the remaining spot. To be the last man standing for the title was an achievement beyond expectation. Come next season I expect us to go one step better. In MoPo's 3 years with Spurs we have gone from 5th to 3rd to 2nd. Upward ever backward never.
I no wan disappoint you, but even if Spurs were to go a whole season undefeated, they would still not win the trophy.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho inherited a disjointed team from LVG, it took him a while to even settle on 1st 11, by now Mourinho should be aware of the capabilities of every player in the squad, depending how we perform in the Europa final, if we win, it will be easier to attract players, if we lose and it is not the end of the world, Man united will be expected to spend big and we will not have the distraction of the champions league to think about

To be quite honest, for man united to catch up with this European elite, they will need a massive investment in players, something in the region of 150-200 Million and they need to spend wise, Mourinho loves players that are prepared to fight for the team, like go to war

This remains to be seen after next week final where united are heading to
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marko wrote:Mourinho inherited a disjointed team from LVG, it took him a while to even settle on 1st 11, by now Mourinho should be aware of the capabilities of every player in the squad, depending how we perform in the Europa final, if we win, it will be easier to attract players, if we lose and it is not the end of the world, Man united will be expected to spend big and we will not have the distraction of the champions league to think about

To be quite honest, for man united to catch up with this European elite, they will need a massive investment in players, something in the region of 150-200 Million and they need to spend wise, Mourinho loves players that are prepared to fight for the team, like go to war

:rotf: story. he likes ready made players. Thank goodness other teams can now afford to outbid manure. :clap: :clap:

common spuds una no fit win. Ps. thiefco, you dey find me for game thread again? Your lap dog hasn't come reporting on your behalf that you were looking for me.

:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
I no wan disappoint you, but even if Spurs were to go a whole season undefeated, they would still not win the trophy.
Keep hating. Your whole joy is based on Spurs not winning the league. Now which sane human being thinks like that? You're so afraid Spurs fan might do the same thing you've been doing to them. So to avoid that, you pray and fast, sacrifice to some false god to keep Spurs away from the title. See how you dey suffer ya sef? :rotf: Na ya own sin dey chase you o.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Keep hating. Your whole joy is based on Spurs not winning the league. Now which sane human being thinks like that? You're so afraid Spurs fan might do the same thing you've been doing to them. So to avoid that, you pray and fast, sacrifice to some false god to keep Spurs away from the title. See how you dey suffer ya sef? :rotf: Na ya own sin dey chase you o.
How my praying and fasting take consign persin wey dey for Takoradi? gerara hia, mehn!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
How my praying and fasting take consign persin wey dey for Takoradi? gerara hia, mehn!
If say you no be my favorite chief, I for don send area boys after you. This ya hatred of Spurs go come back and bite you for yansch. The day we win the trophy, your own conscience no go release you. Na so you do dey hide from imaginary Spurs fans Wey you think no go let you rest. :tic:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:Mourinho inherited a disjointed team from LVG, it took him a while to even settle on 1st 11, by now Mourinho should be aware of the capabilities of every player in the squad, depending how we perform in the Europa final, if we win, it will be easier to attract players, if we lose and it is not the end of the world, Man united will be expected to spend big and we will not have the distraction of the champions league to think about

A disjointed team that won the FA and narrowly missed out of the CL...hmmmmm! I know many teams that are not disjointed that would love to be in that disjointed position just to lay their hands on a trophy!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:

No, you are NOT! In football, the only right thing to do is to win trophies!

United, for instance, can win 3 trophies this season. Chelsea could win 2, Arsenal could win 1. Those are successful seasons. finishing second and playing beautifully is NOT A SUCCESS.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:

A disjointed team that won the FA and narrowly missed out of the CL...hmmmmm! I know many teams that are not disjointed that would love to be in that disjointed position just to lay their hands on a trophy!
Man united usually fights for football biggest prizes, anything short is a disappointment, in this context
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:

Man united usually fights for football biggest prizes, anything short is a disappointment, in this context

But some people say "undefeated home games" and "beautiful football" are the biggest trophies. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
If say you no be my favorite chief, I for don send area boys after you. This ya hatred of Spurs go come back and bite you for yansch. The day we win the trophy, your own conscience no go release you. Na so you do dey hide from imaginary Spurs fans Wey you think no go let you rest. :tic:

me I no hate Spurs o. Na Toyin and one Pa from Ghana enjoy yabbing Arsenal, with one kain It's a Goat throwing in yabbies once in a while. Duty makes it obligatory to retaliate in kind, with change :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd were utter bobbins in the first half. That was a weak 'performance'. In the first half Tuanzebe (one week after being told to mark Alexis Sanchez) had the job of marking Eriksen, while playing out of position in midfield. Because Eriksen plays so high (and Carrick likes to sit deep), Man Utd pretty much played with a back 6 in the first half with Tuanzebe and Carrick playing right next to the center-backs Jones and Smalling. Man Utd had 5 center backs in their starting 11.

Because every Man Utd player was so deep, Martial was isolated up front on his own and had no one to pass to or support him in the first half because his 10 team-mates were always behind the ball.

Man Utd are turning into a 'charity' - giving opposition teams free victories, and being the team that gives EPL teams a gentle farewell as they leave their old grounds (just like they did at Upton Park for West Ham last year).

Abject.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 16, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Next season will be different

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Let us hope so.

Let us also hope that Jose's strategy of forfeiting the final 5 league games of the season in search of Europa glory does not blow up in his face. He is playing games with his job.
marko wrote:Next season will be different
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:

But some people say "undefeated home games" and "beautiful football" are the biggest trophies. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
i swear this mentality f*cking confuses me

"we don't care for trophies, we are content playing beautiful football"

Meanwhile 2 weeks ago they were giddy when United beat Chelsea 2-0. what the f*ck for?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:

Meanwhile 2 weeks ago they were giddy when United beat Chelsea 2-0. what the f*ck for?
I keep saying "you're trying too hard" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We might be disappointed at not winning the title but it was Chelsea's to lose. Yes we are happy our team came second. It represents progress. We don't have trophy to show for the season but it's no reason to cry or mourn. We look at the bright side, take the positives and fix the negatives.

I know of a midget who is in his 30's. He's never, ever, ever seen his Blank Star team win a trophy, no sir, not even a tea cup. But come very AFCON, especially when his team qualifies and the other giant in Africa fail to qualify, hIs joy spills over, for someone whose team has been "also ran" contender for all his life.

He even went as far as signing his thread with "AFCON go sweet o, not qualifying no good o". Yet the same shorty will tell others that coming second and not winning trophy is bad. That is such terrible standard for a grown arze man that has gone to nursery, primary, secondary, university, traveled abroad on fake passport, chased a girl on the internet much taller than him called kofo :tic: :sneaky: and w hit anything that looks pretty. He's probably now married with 6 children and a dog but still has not, in his miserable, football supporting life seen his NT get their short hands on a trophy. :sneaky:

tfco, you wouldn't by any chance know the person I'm referring to hmm? :sneaky: :tic:

WELL DONE SPURS FOR COMING SECOND. DO BETTER NEXT TIME. COYS, COYS, COYS
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:

I keep saying "you're trying too hard" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We might be disappointed at not winning the title but it was Chelsea's to lose. Yes we are happy our team came second. It represents progress. We don't have trophy to show for the season but it's no reason to cry or mourn. We look at the bright side, take the positives and fix the negatives.

I know of a midget who is in his 30's. He's never, ever, ever seen his Blank Star team win a trophy, no sir, not even a tea cup. But come very AFCON, especially when his team qualifies and the other giant in Africa fail to qualify, hIs joy spills over, for someone whose team has been "also ran" contender for all his life.

He even went as far as signing his thread with "AFCON go sweet o, not qualifying no good o". Yet the same shorty will tell others that coming second and not winning trophy is bad. That is such terrible standard for a grown arze man that has gone to nursery, primary, secondary, university, traveled abroad on fake passport, chased a girl on the internet much taller than him called kofo :tic: :sneaky: and w hit anything that looks pretty. He's probably now married with 6 children and a dog but still has not, in his miserable, football supporting life seen his NT get their short hands on a trophy. :sneaky:

tfco, you wouldn't by any chance know the person I'm referring to hmm? :sneaky: :tic:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Who is this person you're referring to? He sounds like a miserable so and so.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

i stopped reading after that.

small club (read Lily Livered) mentality

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

i stopped reading after that.

small club (read Lily Livered) mentality
At least you're "big" enough to admit that it went over your head :D
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower