Jay Jay Okocha Ronaldinho Unveil Confederations Cup Park

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg
Jay Jay Okocha Ronaldinho Unveil Confederations Cup Park

Post by Pavarotti »

Nigerian Football Legend Jay Jay Okocha was among a select few Footballing greats who were chosen to unveil the FIFA Confederations Cup Park in Kazan

Jay Jay Okocha, a member of the victorious 1994 African Cup of Nations squad and champion of the 1996 Olympics arrived in Kazan to snip the ribbon at the opening ceremony in the company of Brazillian football great and 2002 World Cup champion Ronaldinho . . . .http://www.soccerassembly.com/jay-jay-o ... -cup-park/
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Ronaldinho Unveil Confederations Cup Park

Post by marko »

legend, worshipped outside the shores of Nigeria, they don't do No10 like him anymore, back in the days, No10 was supposed to have all the skills on both feet, dying breed NO10, fitting that Ronaldinho and Okocha are part of this launch
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Jay Jay the living legend, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Sad Abacha did not force him to sleep with 100 girls to spread some JR that will be good for the nation.
Players like Messi,Ronaldinho need to pregnant girls all over the place.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:Jay Jay the living legend, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Sad Abacha did not force him to sleep with 100 girls to spread some JR that will be good for the nation.

You think that's how it works huh?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:Jay Jay the living legend, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Sad Abacha did not force him to sleep with 100 girls to spread some JR that will be good for the nation.

You think that's how it works huh?
Well probably not in the case of JJ, but some athletes success is largely a result of their genetics, if someone like Lebron for example was able to have 100 kids and 2 of them had 80% of his genetic predisposition, they would have all the raw ingredients needed to be half decent. Of course they would need to work hard and everything.

In the case of Okocha, I can't see any genetic advantage, it's mostly hard work, although genetic traits are not just of the physical kind. It is still possible that some of his other traits could be passed on!

It's way too complicated to make such a simplistic argument, there isn't enough consensus on nature vs nurture. Of course I haven't even mentioned the role of the female chromosomes and recessive genes etc.

but it is fair to say that to SOME extent (some ability can pass on from father to son). And if JJ was there to 'nurture' the kids as well, then that increases the odds.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

JJ has 2 sons here in Houston ... that's if you believe the woman. :D

It they become footballers though, there may be battle among 3 nations over them. They have been raised by a man from rival country since they were little and they may qualify to play for the US as well. Time will tell. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It saddens me that JJ has be reduced to half time act and entertainer by Fifa. Zindane, Figo, Rivaldo were Okocha's peers. They can all do acrobatics and tricks as well, yet when Fifa invites them to an event they are treated as dignitaries while they send JJ to entertain the with acrobatics like he is doing above. I protest!
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

1naija wrote:JJ has 2 sons here in Houston ... that's if you believe the woman. :D

It they become footballers though, there may be battle among 3 nations over them. They have been raised by a man from rival country since they were little and they may qualify to play for the US as well. Time will tell. :D
chei :woot:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ronaldinho seems to be following JJ around these days...
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

platinum wrote:
END OF DISCUSSION! Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has now officially declared OGA JJ Okocha a legend of football.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

felarey wrote:
platinum wrote:
END OF DISCUSSION! Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has now officially declared OGA JJ Okocha a legend of football.
What are Zidane, Figo and Rivaldo? Just curious.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:
felarey wrote:
platinum wrote:
Zidane was busy coaching Real Madrid to a victory. I guess with Ronaldinho, they can't use another Brazilian. Figo, not sure what's up with him.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

felarey wrote:Ronaldinho seems to be following JJ around these days...
Correct guy,he knows how to hang around his senior :thumb: :thumb:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

1naija wrote:
felarey wrote:
platinum wrote:
I believe Zidane is a legend. Figo and Rivaldo may be legends too, but I don't think I've seen any of them declared by FIFA as legends in official capacity.

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

When is Yobo going to be recognized by Rivers state football association much less of FIFA?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Sunday Mba, a Nigerian Legend, did what JJ could not do.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

1naija wrote:It saddens me that JJ has be reduced to half time act and entertainer by Fifa. Zindane, Figo, Rivaldo were Okocha's peers. They can all do acrobatics and tricks as well, yet when Fifa invites them to an event they are treated as dignitaries while they send JJ to entertain the with acrobatics like he is doing above. I protest!

Oh boy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Sunday Mba, a Nigerian Legend, did what JJ could not do.
Sunday Mba's two major accomplishments for Nigeria are winning a Nations Cup (which Jay Jay did in 1994), and scoring in a Nations Cup final (which Jay Jay did in 2000). Unless .... did you accidentally write "JJ" where you meant to write "Kanu"? Sure, Kanu is one of the most talented players to ever wear an Eagles jersey, and is a wonderful human being in general .... but you did mean to write "Kanu" there, right?
:???:
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

JJ okocha, nigerias football prince!! most recognised player
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

The Eagle wrote:
Sunday Mba's two major accomplishments for Nigeria are winning a Nations Cup (which Jay Jay did in 1994), and scoring in a Nations Cup final (which Jay Jay did in 2000). Unless .... did you accidentally write "JJ" where you meant to write "Kanu"? Sure, Kanu is one of the most talented players to ever wear an Eagles jersey, and is a wonderful human being in general .... but you did mean to write "Kanu" there, right?
Kpom, the dude speaks through his anus at times.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Kpom, the dude speaks through his anus at times.

did you have to describe your skills in public? :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

The Eagle wrote:
Mba LED us to a trophy. JJ did not. He was a role player in 1994 :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Stars were Yekini, Amo, Amunike, Oliseh, Mutiu.

We did not win in 2002 with JJ as leader and senior player.

Up Sunday Mba! Up Naija! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS: feel free to open a thread about the GREAT LEGENDARY KING Kanu, make we attempt to discuss a Legend so great....
AFCON 2019 sweet o