£12.5 Mn,13 games, 0 goals:What's wrong with Isaac Success

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
£12.5 Mn,13 games, 0 goals:What's wrong with Isaac Success

Post by smartbrother »

£12.5 million,13 games,ZERO goals:What's wrong with Isaac Success

Isaac Success has failed to score in his last 13 Premier League matches, his longest drought ever in professional football, but what exactly has gone wrong?

In 2016, Watford forked out a club-record fee to bring the forward to Vicarage Road following his impressive run with Granada, but since Success's arrival, it's fair to say that the Hornets have not received great value for their money as the Nigerian looks to have lost his Midas touch.

The 21-year-old made a low-key debut on August 27 2016, and registered his first goal four games later against Bournemouth.

After that, the one-cap Super Eagles hitman has played 13 times for Watford, failing to find the net even once – which could be a cause for his team’s blip over the past few games

In last Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Hull City, he offered next-to-nothing as he failed to muster one shot on target during a game in which he was entrusted with the responsibility of leading the Hornets attack after replacing Nordin Amrabat, and it remains to be seen whether he will start against Liverpool on Monday evening.

Isaac Success of Watford & Hector Bellerin of Arsenal

Aside his injury worries, it is difficult to explain Success’ problems, although one theory is that he is less comfortable with Walter Mazzarri’s tactics than he was in his previous set-up at Granada.

However, former Real Madrid midfielder, Mutiu Adepoju has contrary opinion – he feels the forward is still trying to adapt to English football, while suggesting he works harder during trainings to get back to his best.

''There's no cause for worry about [Success's] lack of goals, every good striker undergoes a drought at one point in time or the other,’’ Adepoju told Goal.

Player Stats — Isaac Success Ajayi
GeneralAttackDefenceDistributionDiscipline
General

Games Played
Minutes Played
Starts
Interceptions
Substitution On
Substitution Off
Duels Won
53.2%53.2%
Aerial duels won
38.5%38.5%
Isaac Success | Season stats 2016-17

''For now it could be difficult for him getting the goals because at Watford, he plays more as a supporting striker but I believe with hardwork and focus especially during training, he will surely get back his form.''

Despite Success’ struggles, he remains a key figure in Mazzarri’s squad and still gets a fair share of action on matchdays despite the January arrivals of M'Baye Niang and Stefano Okaka.

The season may be drawing to a close, but the Nigerian must start firing on all cylinders as soon as possible for the sake of his club and for his own future. Should he continue with this unproductive spell – he might just be shipped out of Vicarage Road at the end of the season

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4110/nig ... with-isaac
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: £12.5 Mn,13 games, 0 goals:What's wrong with Isaac Succe

Post by oloye »

Dem say na bushboy do am
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

I think injuries have troubled him quite a lot. If healthy, he'll break into that team.

Chelsea 1, watford 1
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ANSWER: BUSHRAT
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Not even on the bench.

A season to forget.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Guess who has scored 2 in 2 games in Holland?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/05/w ... oan-watch/

These boys should pay that guy to stop supporting them.

[/video]
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

If Bush man hypes you be sure you are failing.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The truth is that he needs to work on his game. The idea that each time he gets the ball it is time to take on defenders will be his downfall. That has to change.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Sadly when bush man abi na bush boy dey your corner it's all downhill for your career. The boomerang effect of bad Belle no be joke.
damekadon
Egg
Egg

Post by damekadon »

Isaac is not it at all. He gets the ball, tries to take on a man, fails, then tries again, over and over again.
Musician wey go sing for deaf and dumb reunion don miss road.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

damekadon wrote:Isaac is not it at all. He gets the ball, tries to take on a man, fails, then tries again, over and over again.
On TV he doesn't look fit and trim. Doesn't look like he's in football shape.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Enugu II wrote:The truth is that he needs to work on his game. The idea that each time he gets the ball it is time to take on defenders will be his downfall. That has to change.
For some reason, this has become Isaac's on-field character, his game. There is a time to take on defenders, but most of the time, it is a team moving the ball around that yields a mobile attacker a scoring opportunity. At the moment, Isaac seems to think that driving into traffic again and again is his role in the team, and he is easy to mark out. If he doesn't change, he will not last.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
damekadon wrote:Isaac is not it at all. He gets the ball, tries to take on a man, fails, then tries again, over and over again.
It looks like he bulked up rapidly at watford, probably to endure the rigors of the EPL. I think this has affected him. The off season should do him good to adjust to the weight and come out firing. he def has the potential to succeed in this league.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In game intelligence. Much like My Son Adama Traore, bags of potential and as much application as an iPod with factory reset pressed. Underwater.
malamax
Egg
Egg

Post by malamax »

Mr Promise is low on confidence and is clearly reflected in his demeanor when he comes in as a substitute. He over compensates by trying to go solo and drops his head when he fails. Football can be ruthless, he could quickly become a statistic and end up in Indonesia.
ataka
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

metalalloy wrote:
green4life wrote:
It looks like he bulked up rapidly at watford, probably to endure the rigors of the EPL. I think this has affected him. The off season should do him good to adjust to the weight and come out firing. he def has the potential to succeed in this league.
Bulking up is not his problem, rather it is that of a player not learning anything, one who keeps making same mistake over and over. He has the skillset, but i have seen players like this over and over, they simply refuse to adapt their game, believing what they are doing is the best.

When a player makes the same mistake over and over and over and over.....two things readily comes to mind, either the player is dumb or one who does not want to learn. I dont think Success is dumb, rather i think he believes he is good enough to be playing and he has decided to embark on what i may call a non-challant , i will soon get out of this place attitude.

How a player just grabs the ball and runs in a straight even when a brick wall is ahead is mind befuddling. He does it once, twice, thrice, and then starts it all over again :shock:

I saw enough of him at Granada to know that he should be on the next level of his development, except if he now feels it is an insult for him to need improvement. I hope and pray he ups his game next season, all it takes to be given a permanent residency on the bench is another woeful season!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

malamax wrote:Mr Promise is low on confidence and is clearly reflected in his demeanor when he comes in as a substitute. He over compensates by trying to go solo and drops his head when he fails. Football can be ruthless, he could quickly become a statistic and end up in Indonesia.
This is about Isaac Success sir, not Isaac Promise.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

What's wrong with him? Where do I start. he's decent on the ball but not spectacular. Off the ball he is lazy. His end product - whether cross or pass or shot is woeful. He doesn't put in a shift defensively.

The positives are that he is young and skillful but players like him are a dime a dozen. Really needs to work hard.