Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 238  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 25350
Location: london
Well good news, Bailly, Pogba, stalling and jones trained today, Mourinho said they are available for selection, this gives us some breathing space

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
JM fInally gave Tuanzebe a very overdue start. I have been advocating his inclusion in the team for several months and he did not disappoint. He looked very assured, and played well. Especially when you consider he is a teenage kid making his EPL debut away at Arsenal - up against one of the best players in the world (Sanchez). His composed performance actually upsets me because I am now wondering why Jose kept him in the reserves all this time in the midst of a defensive injury crisis and instead opted to play full backs central defence, and wingers in defence, rather than give Tuanzebe a game.

Loved it when Sanchez tried to barge him off the ball, and he just absorbed the blow like a boxer and Sanchez went tumbling to the floor:




This is a photo of Rashford and Tuanzebe in their days together playing for Man Utd under-10s...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7126
wiseone wrote:
JM fInally gave Tuanzebe a very overdue start. I have been advocating his inclusion in the team for several months and he did not disappoint. He looked very assured, and played well. Especially when you consider he is a teenage kid making his EPL debut away at Arsenal - up against one of the best players in the world (Sanchez). His composed performance actually upsets me because I am now wondering why Jose kept him in the reserves all this time in the midst of a defensive injury crisis and instead opted to play full backs central defence, and wingers in defence, rather than give Tuanzebe a game.

Loved it when Sanchez tried to barge him off the ball, and he just absorbed the blow like a boxer and Sanchez went tumbling to the floor:




This is a photo of Rashford and Tuanzebe in their days together playing for Man Utd under-10s...

Image


That is one area i liked Van Gaal for, we could be having like half a team of hungry youngsters unleashed into first team by now, he was not scared to do just that.

Anyway i hope these circumstances force Mourinho to field even more youngsters as he rests the whole team for Europa Final, if we go through on Thursday.

It was a telling moment when at 2-0 down he brought on Rashford and Lingard to salvage something, that shows how poor Rooney is now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 25350
Location: london
Rooney is finished as a player

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
This Man Utd squad actually has a talented bunch of young players that could become the nucleus of a very good team IF they stay together. The squad had 5 players over 30. Then there are the following talented young players with much potential:

Rashford (19)
Fosu-Mensah (19)
Tuanzebe (19)
Shaw (21)
Martial (21)
Pereira (21)
Januzaj (21)
Pogba (24)
DDG (26 - young for a GK)*

Plus the following players who are approaching their prime football years: Andrew Smith (27), Jones (25), Smalling (27).

Man Utd have been praised for giving debuts to 5 teenagers in the past 2 seasons. This makes what Ferguson did all the more special. I do not think we will ever see a top EPL team introduce 6 teenagers into the team simultaneously like Ferguson did in the 1990s with Becks, Scholes, the Neville Boys, Butt, Gillespie etc.


Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 09, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30314
wiseone wrote:
This Man Utd squad actually has a talented bunch of young players that could become the nucleus of a very good team IF they stay together. The squad had 5 players over 30. Then there are the following talented young players with much potential:

Rashford (19)
Tuanzebe (19)
Shaw (21)
Martial (21)
Pereira (21)
Januzaj (21)
Pogba (24)
DDG (26 - young for a GK)*

Plus the following players who are approaching their prime football years: Andrew Smith (27), Jones (25), Smalling (27).

Man Utd have been praised for giving debuts to 5 teenagers in the past 2 seasons. This makes what Ferguson did all the more special. I do not think we will ever see a top EPL team introduce 6 teenagers into the team simultaneously like Ferguson did in the 1990s with Becks, Scholes, the Neville Boys, Butt, Gillespie etc.


You forgot Fosu Mensah. There are talented players wasting away in Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd youth teams.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
Thanks for the reminder re TFM. You are right. These days young players do not get given much of a chance (except at places like Southampton and Spurs) and will get dropped from the team and banished if they do not hit the ground running with 9/10 performances. Lest we forget: Man Utd's famed "Class of 92" got battered 1-3 by Aston Villa in their first game. They and Ferguson got slaughtered by the press and Alan Hansen made his infamous "you will never win anything with kids" comment. Yet Ferguson persevered with them because he knew they would improve with experience.

These days can you imagine Man City, Chelsea, or Liverpool putting 5 teenagers into their starting 11? It would never happen. This is why talented youngsters like Ake, Solanke, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Januzaj, Tuanzebe etc are playing reserve team football or being sent on loan to the lower leagues. EPL managers do not want to take a chance with youth. Look how Man Utd lost Pogba, Michael Keane, Drinkwater, Heaton, and half of Leicester's title winning team because they would not give them a game. Yet Spurs became a title contender and Champions League club when they put Rose, Alli, Kane, Dier, Winks etc straight into their first team.

This is what scares me about Mourinho. He released young players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Matic. Those guys have turned out to be some of the best players in Europe.

Cristao II wrote:

You forgot Fosu Mensah. There are talented players wasting away in Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd youth teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7126
wiseone wrote:
Thanks for the reminder re TFM. You are right. These days young players do not get given much of a chance (except at places like Southampton and Spurs) and will get dropped from the team and banished if they do not hit the ground running with 9/10 performances. Lest we forget: Man Utd's famed "Class of 92" got battered 1-3 by Aston Villa in their first game. They and Ferguson got slaughtered by the press and Alan Hansen made his infamous "you will never win anything with kids" comment. Yet Ferguson persevered with them because he knew they would improve with experience.

These days can you imagine Man City, Chelsea, or Liverpool putting 5 teenagers into their starting 11? It would never happen. This is why talented youngsters like Ake, Solanke, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Januzaj, Tuanzebe etc are playing reserve team football or being sent on loan to the lower leagues. EPL managers do not want to take a chance with youth. Look how Man Utd lost Pogba, Michael Keane, Drinkwater, Heaton, and half of Leicester's title winning team because they would not give them a game. Yet Spurs became a title contender and Champions League club when they put Rose, Alli, Kane, Dier, Winks etc straight into their first team.

This is what scares me about Mourinho. He released young players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Matic. Those guys have turned out to be some of the best players in Europe.

Cristao II wrote:

You forgot Fosu Mensah. There are talented players wasting away in Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd youth teams.


Mourinho has already released Depay, although he thought about inserting a buyback clause.

But when rumours of Mourinho taking over started, many United fans seemed happy as if they forgot how Mourinho operates.
Even after the Arsenal game, many who were crying for attack attack at Old Trafford now seem disillusioned, i wonder what they expected from Mourinho in big games, even the like of Gary Neville are not looking too clever now :laugh:

This is what the club settled for after sacking LVG, and they have to stick with it for next season, or risk wasting time with more managerial upheaval


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7126
Fifa to ‘investigate Paul Pogba’s £89m Manchester United transfer’ after details of move are leaked

Football Leaks revealed Frenchman's wages and claim superagent Mino Raiola will receive over £41m for the world-record move

According to AFP, Fifa will now look further into the transfer which broke Premier League records.

Raiola, who also represents Zlatan Ibrahimovic, pocketed an initial near-£23m chunk of the transfer fee.

He will then earn £16.39m over five years from United.

Pogba’s wages were also revealed in full.

The report claims Pogba, 24, earns a basic wage of £165,588-a-week, and will receive an annual loyalty bonus in excess of £3.4million from next year.

Should United win the Europa League, the France midfielder’s basic wage would rise by £36k-a-week, and he would earn an extra £255k in commercial rights for the year.

Pogba joined Juve from United for free in 2012, before re-signing for his former club last summer.

The midfielder said at the time: "This is the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to."

Ibrahimovic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Eric Bailly also arrived with Pogba last summer as Jose Mourinho began his re-building project at Old Trafford.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... vestigate/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
Man Utd are still paying for bungling Ferguson's succession. When Ferguson was retiring the following coaches were available: Guardiola, Mourinho, Ancelotti. The following clubs were looking for new managers: Bayern, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Man Utd.

Bayern got Guardiola, Chelsea got Mourinho, Madrid got Ancelotti, and Man Utd got Moyes. Nuff said
.

benteke wrote:

Mourinho has already released Depay, although he thought about inserting a buyback clause.

But when rumours of Mourinho taking over started, many United fans seemed happy as if they forgot how Mourinho operates.
Even after the Arsenal game, many who were crying for attack attack at Old Trafford now seem disillusioned, i wonder what they expected from Mourinho in big games, even the like of Gary Neville are not looking too clever now :laugh:

This is what the club settled for after sacking LVG, and they have to stick with it for next season, or risk wasting time with more managerial upheaval


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75236
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
red card

oya txj come and pat yourself on the back

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 41059
Location: Pennsylvania
He was doing well but lost his cool near the end and will miss the finals unfortunately

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 35406
green4life wrote:
He was doing well but lost his cool near the end and will miss the finals unfortunately

That was foolish of him and should got like 3 games suspension.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 77544
Location: Earth
to me he is one of the best African defenders, still young and will get there

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75236
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75236
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75236
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
Hello James Rodriguez.

United calling.

Will you answer?

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
No thanks. "Don't call Me James" Rodriguez would be a luxury signing. Good player but not what Man Utd needs right now (a free scoring center forward, a winger with extreme pace, and a workaholic DM).

tfco wrote:
Hello James Rodriguez.

United calling.

Will you answer?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7126
wiseone wrote:
No thanks. "Don't call Me James" Rodriguez would be a luxury signing. Good player but not what Man Utd needs right now (a free scoring center forward, a winger with extreme pace, and a workaholic DM).

tfco wrote:
Hello James Rodriguez.

United calling.

Will you answer?


What do you think of that kid called Adama Traore at Middlesborough, he is still raw though.
There are also rumours of Renato Sanches https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.u ... 30966/amp/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
Good grief. His is a more raw version of Pius Ikedia. Lots of pace, but lacks game intelligence. No way is he ready to play for Man Utd.

The players Man Utd need next season are: Michael Keane (since we are in the business of buying back former players we should never have sold), any 1 or 2 from Douglas Costa, Renato Sanches, and Coman, Rabiot, any 1 of Mbappe, Morata, or Belotti, and Aurier (if PSG are mad enough to allow Man Utd to sign 2 of their players in one season). Outside bet: Reus. If DDG leaves, then get Pickford AND Hart.

Get Rid: Darmian, Mike, Fellaini, Johnny Kills, Zlatan, Wazza, Lingard.

benteke wrote:
What do you think of that kid called Adama Traore at Middlesborough, he is still raw though.
There are also rumours of Renato Sanches https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.u ... 30966/amp/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75236
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
wiseone wrote:
Good grief. His is a more raw version of Pius Ikedia. Lots of pace, but lacks game intelligence. No way is he ready to play for Man Utd.

The players Man Utd need next season are: Michael Keane (since we are in the business of buying back former players we should never have sold), any 1 or 2 from Douglas Costa, Renato Sanches, and Coman, Rabiot, any 1 of Mbappe, Morata, or Belotti, and Aurier (if PSG are mad enough to allow Man Utd to sign 2 of their players in one season). Outside bet: Reus. If DDG leaves, then get Pickford AND Hart.

Get Rid: Darmian, Mike, Fellaini, Johnny Kills, Zlatan, Wazza, Lingard.

benteke wrote:
What do you think of that kid called Adama Traore at Middlesborough, he is still raw though.
There are also rumours of Renato Sanches https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.u ... 30966/amp/


The Big Fella - no chance
Mata - hope not
Lingard - just signed the contract so ummm, no

The rest can go. i am sure Luke Shaw will also be offloaded

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 35406
wiseone wrote:
Good grief. His is a more raw version of Pius Ikedia. Lots of pace, but lacks game intelligence. No way is he ready to play for Man Utd.

The players Man Utd need next season are: Michael Keane (since we are in the business of buying back former players we should never have sold), any 1 or 2 from Douglas Costa, Renato Sanches, and Coman, Rabiot, any 1 of Mbappe, Morata, or Belotti, and Aurier (if PSG are mad enough to allow Man Utd to sign 2 of their players in one season). Outside bet: Reus. If DDG leaves, then get Pickford AND Hart.

Get Rid: Darmian, Mike, Fellaini, Johnny Kills, Zlatan, Wazza, Lingard.

benteke wrote:
What do you think of that kid called Adama Traore at Middlesborough, he is still raw though.
There are also rumours of Renato Sanches https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.u ... 30966/amp/

Just like that?Wow Manu fans are turning to be like my beloved fans.You just go to P{SG pick two players,Go to Bayern pick Costa Douglas and Renato Sanches.,Mbappe,Morata etc.
Dam it it easy wiseone biko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
TFO and Kajifu:

These are my dream transfer dealings. ie. if Man Utd could turn up at PSG and Bayern's training ground with a couple of surface to surface missiles and a chopper, and force PSG and Bayern to hand over players of Man U's choice. I actually think Douglas Costa, Coman, and Morata are "gettable" because quality players like that will not be happy collecting bench splints in their a-- for too long. If Man Utd go for Pickford, they will get him. End of. Man City will never sell a player to Man Utd (not even players they no longer want - like Hart) even if Man Utd offered 90 million plus half the Man Utd squad in exchange.

PSG have money and are under no pressure to sell. They would be absolutely mental to sell the best young DM in the world, and one of the best RBs in the world.

In truth, Man Utd's summer business will probably be a Lindeloff/Keane, Strootman, Lukaku type.

Johnny Kills is a quality player but lacks pace, defensive nous, and slows down the attack. You also cannot take him to abattoirs like Stoke, Burnley, and WBA on a wet Wednesday night and expect him to make an impression. Lingard's 100K a week contract makes my head spin. I feel sorry for Fellaini. He needs to go somewhere else where fans will appreciate him. Not Man Utd where the fans treat him like a squatter.

kajifu wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Good grief. His is a more raw version of Pius Ikedia. Lots of pace, but lacks game intelligence. No way is he ready to play for Man Utd.

The players Man Utd need next season are: Michael Keane (since we are in the business of buying back former players we should never have sold), any 1 or 2 from Douglas Costa, Renato Sanches, and Coman, Rabiot, any 1 of Mbappe, Morata, or Belotti, and Aurier (if PSG are mad enough to allow Man Utd to sign 2 of their players in one season). Outside bet: Reus. If DDG leaves, then get Pickford AND Hart.

Get Rid: Darmian, Mike, Fellaini, Johnny Kills, Zlatan, Wazza, Lingard.

benteke wrote:
What do you think of that kid called Adama Traore at Middlesborough, he is still raw though.
There are also rumours of Renato Sanches https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.u ... 30966/amp/

Just like that?Wow Manu fans are turning to be like my beloved fans.You just go to P{SG pick two players,Go to Bayern pick Costa Douglas and Renato Sanches.,Mbappe,Morata etc.
Dam it it easy wiseone biko


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 238  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fabio, Google [Bot], Oguleftie, txj, walesvilla and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group