Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

Well good news, Bailly, Pogba, stalling and jones trained today, Mourinho said they are available for selection, this gives us some breathing space
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

JM fInally gave Tuanzebe a very overdue start. I have been advocating his inclusion in the team for several months and he did not disappoint. He looked very assured, and played well. Especially when you consider he is a teenage kid making his EPL debut away at Arsenal - up against one of the best players in the world (Sanchez). His composed performance actually upsets me because I am now wondering why Jose kept him in the reserves all this time in the midst of a defensive injury crisis and instead opted to play full backs central defence, and wingers in defence, rather than give Tuanzebe a game.

Loved it when Sanchez tried to barge him off the ball, and he just absorbed the blow like a boxer and Sanchez went tumbling to the floor:

This is a photo of Rashford and Tuanzebe in their days together playing for Man Utd under-10s...

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:JM fInally gave Tuanzebe a very overdue start. I have been advocating his inclusion in the team for several months and he did not disappoint. He looked very assured, and played well. Especially when you consider he is a teenage kid making his EPL debut away at Arsenal - up against one of the best players in the world (Sanchez). His composed performance actually upsets me because I am now wondering why Jose kept him in the reserves all this time in the midst of a defensive injury crisis and instead opted to play full backs central defence, and wingers in defence, rather than give Tuanzebe a game.

Loved it when Sanchez tried to barge him off the ball, and he just absorbed the blow like a boxer and Sanchez went tumbling to the floor:

This is a photo of Rashford and Tuanzebe in their days together playing for Man Utd under-10s...

That is one area i liked Van Gaal for, we could be having like half a team of hungry youngsters unleashed into first team by now, he was not scared to do just that.

Anyway i hope these circumstances force Mourinho to field even more youngsters as he rests the whole team for Europa Final, if we go through on Thursday.

It was a telling moment when at 2-0 down he brought on Rashford and Lingard to salvage something, that shows how poor Rooney is now
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rooney is finished as a player
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This Man Utd squad actually has a talented bunch of young players that could become the nucleus of a very good team IF they stay together. The squad had 5 players over 30. Then there are the following talented young players with much potential:

Rashford (19)
Fosu-Mensah (19)
Tuanzebe (19)
Shaw (21)
Martial (21)
Pereira (21)
Januzaj (21)
Pogba (24)
DDG (26 - young for a GK)*

Plus the following players who are approaching their prime football years: Andrew Smith (27), Jones (25), Smalling (27).

Man Utd have been praised for giving debuts to 5 teenagers in the past 2 seasons. This makes what Ferguson did all the more special. I do not think we will ever see a top EPL team introduce 6 teenagers into the team simultaneously like Ferguson did in the 1990s with Becks, Scholes, the Neville Boys, Butt, Gillespie etc.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 09, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

wiseone wrote:This Man Utd squad actually has a talented bunch of young players that could become the nucleus of a very good team IF they stay together. The squad had 5 players over 30. Then there are the following talented young players with much potential:

Rashford (19)
Tuanzebe (19)
Shaw (21)
Martial (21)
Pereira (21)
Januzaj (21)
Pogba (24)
DDG (26 - young for a GK)*

Plus the following players who are approaching their prime football years: Andrew Smith (27), Jones (25), Smalling (27).

Man Utd have been praised for giving debuts to 5 teenagers in the past 2 seasons. This makes what Ferguson did all the more special. I do not think we will ever see a top EPL team introduce 6 teenagers into the team simultaneously like Ferguson did in the 1990s with Becks, Scholes, the Neville Boys, Butt, Gillespie etc.
You forgot Fosu Mensah. There are talented players wasting away in Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd youth teams.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Thanks for the reminder re TFM. You are right. These days young players do not get given much of a chance (except at places like Southampton and Spurs) and will get dropped from the team and banished if they do not hit the ground running with 9/10 performances. Lest we forget: Man Utd's famed "Class of 92" got battered 1-3 by Aston Villa in their first game. They and Ferguson got slaughtered by the press and Alan Hansen made his infamous "you will never win anything with kids" comment. Yet Ferguson persevered with them because he knew they would improve with experience.

These days can you imagine Man City, Chelsea, or Liverpool putting 5 teenagers into their starting 11? It would never happen. This is why talented youngsters like Ake, Solanke, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Januzaj, Tuanzebe etc are playing reserve team football or being sent on loan to the lower leagues. EPL managers do not want to take a chance with youth. Look how Man Utd lost Pogba, Michael Keane, Drinkwater, Heaton, and half of Leicester's title winning team because they would not give them a game. Yet Spurs became a title contender and Champions League club when they put Rose, Alli, Kane, Dier, Winks etc straight into their first team.

This is what scares me about Mourinho. He released young players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Matic. Those guys have turned out to be some of the best players in Europe.
Cristao II wrote:
You forgot Fosu Mensah. There are talented players wasting away in Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd youth teams.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Thanks for the reminder re TFM. You are right. These days young players do not get given much of a chance (except at places like Southampton and Spurs) and will get dropped from the team and banished if they do not hit the ground running with 9/10 performances. Lest we forget: Man Utd's famed "Class of 92" got battered 1-3 by Aston Villa in their first game. They and Ferguson got slaughtered by the press and Alan Hansen made his infamous "you will never win anything with kids" comment. Yet Ferguson persevered with them because he knew they would improve with experience.

These days can you imagine Man City, Chelsea, or Liverpool putting 5 teenagers into their starting 11? It would never happen. This is why talented youngsters like Ake, Solanke, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Januzaj, Tuanzebe etc are playing reserve team football or being sent on loan to the lower leagues. EPL managers do not want to take a chance with youth. Look how Man Utd lost Pogba, Michael Keane, Drinkwater, Heaton, and half of Leicester's title winning team because they would not give them a game. Yet Spurs became a title contender and Champions League club when they put Rose, Alli, Kane, Dier, Winks etc straight into their first team.

This is what scares me about Mourinho. He released young players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Matic. Those guys have turned out to be some of the best players in Europe.
Cristao II wrote:
Mourinho has already released Depay, although he thought about inserting a buyback clause.

But when rumours of Mourinho taking over started, many United fans seemed happy as if they forgot how Mourinho operates.
Even after the Arsenal game, many who were crying for attack attack at Old Trafford now seem disillusioned, i wonder what they expected from Mourinho in big games, even the like of Gary Neville are not looking too clever now :laugh:

This is what the club settled for after sacking LVG, and they have to stick with it for next season, or risk wasting time with more managerial upheaval
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Fifa to ‘investigate Paul Pogba’s £89m Manchester United transfer’ after details of move are leaked

Football Leaks revealed Frenchman's wages and claim superagent Mino Raiola will receive over £41m for the world-record move

According to AFP, Fifa will now look further into the transfer which broke Premier League records.

Raiola, who also represents Zlatan Ibrahimovic, pocketed an initial near-£23m chunk of the transfer fee.

He will then earn £16.39m over five years from United.

Pogba’s wages were also revealed in full.

The report claims Pogba, 24, earns a basic wage of £165,588-a-week, and will receive an annual loyalty bonus in excess of £3.4million from next year.

Should United win the Europa League, the France midfielder’s basic wage would rise by £36k-a-week, and he would earn an extra £255k in commercial rights for the year.

Pogba joined Juve from United for free in 2012, before re-signing for his former club last summer.

The midfielder said at the time: "This is the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to."

Ibrahimovic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Eric Bailly also arrived with Pogba last summer as Jose Mourinho began his re-building project at Old Trafford.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... vestigate/
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd are still paying for bungling Ferguson's succession. When Ferguson was retiring the following coaches were available: Guardiola, Mourinho, Ancelotti. The following clubs were looking for new managers: Bayern, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Man Utd.

Bayern got Guardiola, Chelsea got Mourinho, Madrid got Ancelotti, and Man Utd got Moyes. Nuff said
benteke wrote:
Mourinho has already released Depay, although he thought about inserting a buyback clause.

But when rumours of Mourinho taking over started, many United fans seemed happy as if they forgot how Mourinho operates.
Even after the Arsenal game, many who were crying for attack attack at Old Trafford now seem disillusioned, i wonder what they expected from Mourinho in big games, even the like of Gary Neville are not looking too clever now :laugh:

This is what the club settled for after sacking LVG, and they have to stick with it for next season, or risk wasting time with more managerial upheaval
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by tfco »

red card

oya txj come and pat yourself on the back

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

He was doing well but lost his cool near the end and will miss the finals unfortunately
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

green4life wrote:He was doing well but lost his cool near the end and will miss the finals unfortunately
That was foolish of him and should got like 3 games suspension.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

to me he is one of the best African defenders, still young and will get there
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Hello James Rodriguez.

United calling.

Will you answer?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

No thanks. "Don't call Me James" Rodriguez would be a luxury signing. Good player but not what Man Utd needs right now (a free scoring center forward, a winger with extreme pace, and a workaholic DM).
tfco wrote:Hello James Rodriguez.

United calling.

Will you answer?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:No thanks. "Don't call Me James" Rodriguez would be a luxury signing. Good player but not what Man Utd needs right now (a free scoring center forward, a winger with extreme pace, and a workaholic DM).
tfco wrote:Hello James Rodriguez.

United calling.

Will you answer?
What do you think of that kid called Adama Traore at Middlesborough, he is still raw though.
There are also rumours of Renato Sanches https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.u ... 30966/amp/
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good grief. His is a more raw version of Pius Ikedia. Lots of pace, but lacks game intelligence. No way is he ready to play for Man Utd.

The players Man Utd need next season are: Michael Keane (since we are in the business of buying back former players we should never have sold), any 1 or 2 from Douglas Costa, Renato Sanches, and Coman, Rabiot, any 1 of Mbappe, Morata, or Belotti, and Aurier (if PSG are mad enough to allow Man Utd to sign 2 of their players in one season). Outside bet: Reus. If DDG leaves, then get Pickford AND Hart.

Get Rid: Darmian, Mike, Fellaini, Johnny Kills, Zlatan, Wazza, Lingard.
benteke wrote: What do you think of that kid called Adama Traore at Middlesborough, he is still raw though.
There are also rumours of Renato Sanches https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.u ... 30966/amp/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Good grief. His is a more raw version of Pius Ikedia. Lots of pace, but lacks game intelligence. No way is he ready to play for Man Utd.

The players Man Utd need next season are: Michael Keane (since we are in the business of buying back former players we should never have sold), any 1 or 2 from Douglas Costa, Renato Sanches, and Coman, Rabiot, any 1 of Mbappe, Morata, or Belotti, and Aurier (if PSG are mad enough to allow Man Utd to sign 2 of their players in one season). Outside bet: Reus. If DDG leaves, then get Pickford AND Hart.

benteke wrote: What do you think of that kid called Adama Traore at Middlesborough, he is still raw though.
The Big Fella - no chance
Mata - hope not
Lingard - just signed the contract so ummm, no

The rest can go. i am sure Luke Shaw will also be offloaded

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:Good grief. His is a more raw version of Pius Ikedia. Lots of pace, but lacks game intelligence. No way is he ready to play for Man Utd.

Just like that?Wow Manu fans are turning to be like my beloved fans.You just go to P{SG pick two players,Go to Bayern pick Costa Douglas and Renato Sanches.,Mbappe,Morata etc.
Dam it it easy wiseone biko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

TFO and Kajifu:

These are my dream transfer dealings. ie. if Man Utd could turn up at PSG and Bayern's training ground with a couple of surface to surface missiles and a chopper, and force PSG and Bayern to hand over players of Man U's choice. I actually think Douglas Costa, Coman, and Morata are "gettable" because quality players like that will not be happy collecting bench splints in their a-- for too long. If Man Utd go for Pickford, they will get him. End of. Man City will never sell a player to Man Utd (not even players they no longer want - like Hart) even if Man Utd offered 90 million plus half the Man Utd squad in exchange.

PSG have money and are under no pressure to sell. They would be absolutely mental to sell the best young DM in the world, and one of the best RBs in the world.

In truth, Man Utd's summer business will probably be a Lindeloff/Keane, Strootman, Lukaku type.

Johnny Kills is a quality player but lacks pace, defensive nous, and slows down the attack. You also cannot take him to abattoirs like Stoke, Burnley, and WBA on a wet Wednesday night and expect him to make an impression. Lingard's 100K a week contract makes my head spin. I feel sorry for Fellaini. He needs to go somewhere else where fans will appreciate him. Not Man Utd where the fans treat him like a squatter.
kajifu wrote:

Just like that?Wow Manu fans are turning to be like my beloved fans.You just go to P{SG pick two players,Go to Bayern pick Costa Douglas and Renato Sanches.,Mbappe,Morata etc.
Dam it it easy wiseone biko