Bafana Bafana Goes for Hustle, Run, and Shoot!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Bafana Bafana Goes for Hustle, Run, and Shoot!!!

Post by joao »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39921852

S Africa have engaged familiar English coach to guide its future, and he is warning
Nigeria to beware the new Bafana-Bafana.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bafana Bafana Goes for Hustle, Run, and Shoot!!!

Post by jette1 »

I guess the ceiling is to be competitive with Nigeria
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

jette1 wrote:I guess the ceiling is to be competitive with Nigeria
Not quite, as S Affrica has improved in the last couple of years and given the SE some headache.
Only the uninformed will dismiss Bafana Bafana, as there is parity among teams especially on the
African continent. And that is the where true meaning of the word 'COMPETITIVE' gets relevant.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

joao wrote:
Not quite, as S Affrica has improved in the last couple of years and given the SE some headache.
Only the uninformed will dismiss Bafana Bafana, as there is parity among teams especially on the
African continent. And that is the where true meaning of the word 'COMPETITIVE' gets relevant.
My fren gerrara hia.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

"I hope we will be very competitive with Nigeria. We will give them a game," Baxter told a press conference after his unveiling in Johannesburg on Monday
Sounds pretty reasonable.

South Africa has been competitive against Nigeria lately.
But then again, it has largely happened at a period Nigeria was dire (even losing to Sudan)

Going by the law of averages, SAfrica shall probably beat Nigeria at some point...
Still, you have to wonder: if SAfrica couldn't beat Nigeria during Nigeria's under-par period, what are the odds anytime soon..?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

1naija wrote:
joao wrote:
My fren gerrara hia.
Dem don warn us.
If them out muscle our 'ajebota' sideways passers na you o!

― Chris Hedges
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The Bafana Bafana are probably facing the SE at the worst possible time. Rohr is systematically putting a formidable team together, with too many players having a lot to prove, jockeying for positions... I am sensing the thorough smack down in this encounter.. I will be surprised if they leave Uyo with anything less that 4-1.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Mr Shows wrote:The Bafana Bafana are probably facing the SE at the worst possible time. Rohr is systematically putting a formidable team together, with too many players having a lot to prove, jockeying for positions... I am sensing the thorough smack down in this encounter..
I will be surprised if they leave Uyo with anything less that 4-1.
I'm sure you will be surprised.

― Chris Hedges
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

joao wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:The Bafana Bafana are probably facing the SE at the worst possible time. Rohr is systematically putting a formidable team together, with too many players having a lot to prove, jockeying for positions... I am sensing the thorough smack down in this encounter..
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
"I hope we will be very competitive with Nigeria. We will give them a game," Baxter told a press conference after his unveiling in Johannesburg on Monday
Sounds pretty reasonable.

South Africa has been competitive against Nigeria lately.
But then again, it has largely happened at a period Nigeria was dire (even losing to Sudan)

Going by the law of averages, SAfrica shall probably beat Nigeria at some point...
Still, you have to wonder: if SAfrica couldn't beat Nigeria during Nigeria's under-par period, what are the odds anytime soon..?
any body can beat anybody someday; we beat Argentina after all, france, brazil, spain,. South Africa could beat us but does that mean they would ever become Nigeria - I don't think so
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

joao wrote:
Just make sure your homies behave themselves after we have served you your regular beat down... You seriously think you are going to beat us in our backyard.. :dream: :tic: You face an uphill mental and physical battle... We shall be waiting.