Pep Guardiola: Manchester City is NOT a big club

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pep Guardiola: Manchester City is NOT a big club

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:There are only two big clubs in England, ManUre and Liverpool.

The rest, like Chelsea, Arsenal, City, etc are top clubs.

what makes a club a "top" club? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Budget; standing in the game, etc...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What is Man City's "standing in the game?"

Man City: budget
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

tfco wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
tfco wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:He's not lying so what's the news?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

you're the last groupie standing
Please I'm not one of the 'we' crowds.
lol who said crowd/we

you are a groupie of the Inheritance Merchant
Yeah.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

If that it their "standing," then, i am sorry, it doesnt make you a top club.

There is difference between being a rich/wealthy club or whatever AND being a big club. wide difference. I dont even know what the hell "top" club means. lol.

City is a club that been heavily invested in. They have brought in some top top players and a world class coach. But the club, itself, is still a small club. They need to grow a serious history as a super power, win multiple CL titles, league titles and expand their world -wide fan base. hell, they dont even sell their ticket allocations at home! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Top club,, my buttocks! Let them fill their stadium weekly first.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

There is difference between being a rich/wealthy club or whatever AND being a big club. wide difference. I dont even know what the hell "top" club means. lol.

City is a club that been heavily invested in. They have brought in some top top players and a world class coach. But the club, itself, is still a small club. They need to grow a serious history as a super power, win multiple CL titles, league titles and expand their world -wide fan base. hell, they dont even sell their ticket allocations at home! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Top club,, my buttocks! Let them fill their stadium weekly first.

You should pay attention to my use of words. A top club is not necessarily a big club...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You should pay attention to my use of words. A top club is not necessarily a big club...
I paid attention to your word and realized that you were making the word up. You have asked me to listen to you and believe you without evidence. Have you gotten the term "top club" from a dictionary? or from a generally acceptable terms document?

That was the reason i dismissed your use of word. You are not qualified to make up a term, determine its usage, and the rest of the world follows you.

Not possible my friend, even though you think quite as highly of yourself.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

It's your right to believe or not believe what I have said. But nothing disqualifies me from holding or stating my opinion. What I have offered is not simply my opinion but the basis for it.

It's a position I have very recently canvassed on Beinsports. And it is a subject that is being debated because it's as yet not defined in a settled manner.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Until there is a solid resurgence calling Liverpool a "Big Club" within the context of today's football is like referring to one's Father's Oldsmobile as a luxury vehicle simply because it too has power locks. Hasn't won the EPL in for ever and has the one CL since the millennium aint no 'big club' standing bruh...yeah..history..but big clubs are also seeded by EUFA almost every season..you're not a big club if no one bats an eye when U don't qualify for CL..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:It's your right to believe or not believe what I have said. But nothing disqualifies me from holding or stating my opinion. What I have offered is not simply my opinion but the basis for it.

It's a position I have very recently canvassed on Beinsports. And it is a subject that is being debated because it's as yet not defined in a settled manner.

BienSports is a television station, not an authority on Sports terminology.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

When was the last time that Liverpool won anything of value? Big club ke .. old history ni.

When you consider recent trophies domestically and in Europe over the last say twenty years, annual revenue, ability to consistently sell out big arenas overseas, youth team success, arms length endorsement deals et al , you're correct that only two clubs meet the criteria but it's Chelsea ManU. Liverpool is not relevant in England nor in Europe over the last twenty years. Fact. If history is all we go by then Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest are Big clubs.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Excuses. As at today, Man City is one of the big clubs in England. Pep needs to stop such talk. He is turning his fans and players against him.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:It's your right to believe or not believe what I have said. But nothing disqualifies me from holding or stating my opinion. What I have offered is not simply my opinion but the basis for it.

dayumnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

When was the last time that Liverpool won anything of value? Big club ke .. old history ni.

When you consider recent trophies domestically and in Europe over the last say twenty years, annual revenue, ability to consistently sell out big arenas overseas, youth team success, arms length endorsement deals et al , you're correct that only two clubs meet the criteria but it's Chelsea ManU. Liverpool is not relevant in England nor in Europe over the last twenty years. Fact. If history is all we go by then Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest are Big clubs.

Winning trophies is about the here and now, and by your simplistic criteria Leicester is a big team...

This is not a debate about Liverpool. Its about the standards and criteria by which we define this issue.

A "big club", by which I mean a global club, is an institution in the game. It is a status defined by a combination of factors, first, contribution to the game- via trophies/titles won, players produced, coaches, style of play, football culture, etc; followership, global reach, funding, etc. It all comes together to define a "global/big club"

Chelsea is a top club in the game today, as is City. But none of them is a big club.
Last edited by txj on Wed May 17, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:

Focus on the issue not the profile or CV...There is no "authority on sports terminology", whatever that means....

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...we know it, pep know it, the whole wide world know :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Focus on the issue not the profile or CV...There is no "authority on sports terminology", whatever that means....
You seem to be confusing yourself. You claimed Man City is a top club" because they have budget. I am wondering who created the term "top club" and who determined the meaning of "top club".

However if we must accept the term just to please you, how can budget be a determinant for who is a top club? Are you saying that when ever a club like Leeds is taking over, they automatically become a top club?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Winning trophies is about the here and now, and by your simplistic criteria Leicester is a big team...

This is not a debate about Liverpool. Its about the standards and criteria by which we define this issue.

A "big club", by which I mean a global club, is an institution in the game. It is a status defined by a combination of factors, first, contribution to the game- via trophies/titles won, players produced, coaches, style of play, football culture, etc; followership, global reach, funding, etc. It all comes together to define a "global/big club"

Chelsea is a top club in the game today, as is City. But none of them is a big club.

So is Leicester a TOP CLUB? You said budget is a criterion, and we all know Leicester had serious Thailand money
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You seem to be confusing yourself. You claimed Man City is a top club" because they have budget. I am wondering who created the term "top club" and who determined the meaning of "top club".

However if we must accept the term just to please you, how can budget be a determinant for who is a top club? Are you saying that when ever a club like Leeds is taking over, they automatically become a top club?

If you actually pay attention you will understand I consider a top club to be below a big club. And if u paid attention you will not bring up an irrelevant issue as Leeds takeover..

Man City is a top club because they have the budget, they have titles, they have the expectation, as of today, to challenge at both domestic and international levels. Based on those indices they are current as of the here and now...Ditto Chelsea...

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i agree with txj. Pool is a big (name) club

he's just not explaining it well.

Certain clubs immediately come to mind when you mention a country. Those are big clubs

Argentina - Boca
France - OM
Eng - United, Pool

etc

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:i agree with txj. Pool is a big (name) club

Certain clubs immediately come to mind when you mention a country. Those are big clubs

Argentina - Boca
France - OM
Eng - United, Pool

etc
ghana: Phobia, and kotoko :D
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

If you actually pay attention you will understand I consider a top club to be below a big club. And if u paid attention you will not bring up an irrelevant issue as Leeds takeover..

Man City is a top club because they have the budget, they have titles, they have the expectation, as of today, to challenge at both domestic and international levels. Based on those indices they are current as of the here and now...Ditto Chelsea...
You keep talking about who is paying attention and who is not paying attention. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE PROVEN MY POINT! As you said, YOU, consider a "top club" below a "big club." Now, thats where the conversation ends. I do not need to pay attention anymore. It is you who decides the terminology, "top club" and decides the "definition," and contrary to how you see yourself, since I consider you a nobody, I am sorry, I am not going to take a terminology created by you, seriously.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol:
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You keep talking about who is paying attention and who is not paying attention. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE PROVEN MY POINT! As you said, YOU, consider a "top club" below a "big club." Now, thats where the conversation ends. I do not need to pay attention anymore. It is you who decides the terminology, "top club" and decides the "definition," and contrary to how you see yourself, since I consider you a nobody, I am sorry, I am not going to take a terminology created by you, seriously.

Awwww, I'm finished! Woe is me! Danfo considers me a nobody....
:rotf: :rotf:

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
tfco wrote:i agree with txj. Pool is a big (name) club
Argentina - Boca
France - OM
Eng - United, Pool
etc
ghana: Phobia, and kotoko :D
Naija: Enugu Rangers & Stationary Stores :(
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar