The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Coach »

@Chief, Higuain was photographed eating a full English at Molly's on Hornsey Road. Tea, three sugars. That's how close it was? Legend has it, his agent got greedy at the last minute and Beloved refused to budge.
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Dare not even imagine how poor Arsenal will be when Sanchez exits the club this summer.
Dare not imagine how good Arsenal will be when he leaves in the summer.

It is a team game. Sanchez has his downsides and upsides. It is not just about one player and we have had better players leave and we prospered. So long as we get a replacement, he will not be missed.
this Waffi sef....

please provide a list of possible replacements that Arsenal can legitimately get.
Arsenal will be getting a top striker summer. Take that to the bank.

Unlike you guys here who forget the sacred principle of football - it is a team sport. No one is irreplaceable either by personnel change or system change.

At Arsenal, Wenger has developed a system that plays to Sanchez and Ozil. This season, the system is even more skewed towards getting the best out of and minimising his weaknesses.

I understand you andvTG are vexed with how things have gone this season, so I excuse you when you carry on about Sanchez.

Sanchez was a flop at Barca, not because he is not a top player, it was because Barca will not alter or develope a system to accomodate his talent.

At Arsenal, he found a Manager who bent over to accommodate him both on and off the pitch. At Barca, he did not have that. Wenger, if he is around, will do the same for the player who replaces Sanchez. I have seen him do this for 20 years with varying degrees of success.

Sanchez forgot how Wenger contributions has helped him, he disrespects the Manager, team mates, fans and club. It is not hidden anymore, we now know Sanchez walked on his team at Norwich last season after he was subbed. He left the stadium and went home, upset at being subbed. That is not done, Arsenal are not some tinpot club, that is a huge slap in the face to all concerned. The club tried to cover it up but it was out there for those who wanted to be objective and know these things.

This season, we now know he walked out of training after yet another disagreement forcing the manager to drop him from the team for a big game against Liverpool. I will not even go into how disruptive he has been but we have 2 clear examples.

So if for whatever reasons you chose to ignore all if this and make him out like the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's your prerogative. I know this, everyone has a professional responsibility and should know their place at any football club. Despite many attempts by the club to manage issues, Sanchez has too many times fallen below what you expect of a professional both on and off the pitch.

This is why I hold strong views about the player, my position is clear but I am just a supporter who sticks with his club and team through thick and thin.
I agree with all the above..This is where my frustration has been with Wenger over the years..This is where you your cojones as a big time coach..You break his will and show you are the boss. He is too soft a touch and all players have known this over the years..
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My peoplelooks like beloved is Europa next year.Question is
1)Should we take it serious like league and CL?
2)Should we play bench warmer to keep them fresh or mix it?
3)Should Europa be one of the objectives like top 4,since wining it is guarantee CL group stage not play off?
Beloved for life
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Pep speaks the truth.......waffi would obviously disagree

[/video]
I have not watched the video, so I don't know the context. With regards to your comment. I advice you to stop using emotions and agenda. Just engage your brain.

I don't need telling the obvious. Wenger knows he has to win more games, does not need anyone to say that to him.

Pep is not one talk to anyone about winning more games, first he should look at himself, he has faced competition for the 1st time in his career, despite the huge advantages he has, e.g. finance, he has fluffed his lines.

He now realises this is not Barca or Bayern Munich, and to be fair to him, he has given Wenger his due. I know the respect Pep has for Wenger so I will not bother with your interpretation of his words from that video.

Your version of the truth when it comes to Wenger is twisted and full of your BS.
Lord have mercy.
So Pep didn't face competition when he was winning the European Championship and beating AW on the way.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

realtrouble wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Pep speaks the truth.......waffi would obviously disagree

[/video]
I have not watched the video, so I don't know the context. With regards to your comment. I advice you to stop using emotions and agenda. Just engage your brain.

I don't need telling the obvious. Wenger knows he has to win more games, does not need anyone to say that to him.

Pep is not one talk to anyone about winning more games, first he should look at himself, he has faced competition for the 1st time in his career, despite the huge advantages he has, e.g. finance, he has fluffed his lines.

He now realises this is not Barca or Bayern Munich, and to be fair to him, he has given Wenger his due. I know the respect Pep has for Wenger so I will not bother with your interpretation of his words from that video.

Your version of the truth when it comes to Wenger is twisted and full of your BS.
Lord have mercy.
So Pep didn't face competition when he was winning the European Championship and beating AW on the way.

He had steroids aka messi, iniesta and xavi. Then benjamin button and his happy friends. All roided up superbots.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Wenger is the GOAT!!!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

604 pages :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@RT, why bother, t'is like the battered housewife crying into her cup of tea at a neighbour's house, knowing full well, once the Tetley's done, she's going back for the umpteenth, last time, having convinced herself in deep swollen eyed soliloquy, that she can change him. There are some things best left to their own devices, some questions not worth asking and conversations not worth entertaining. Each are entitled to their opinion. Wenger is excersing his full privelege, had they coloured him bad, the same returns would've seen him dangling from a tree like strange fruit.

Of his own volition, he proclaimed, a manager is employed to win games and a club fairs best when each person does what he's employed to do. Cometh the hour, cometh the failure and he's submitting economics dissertations when asked to present his season's return. What's worse, some take said dissertation, add more ruby red highlights than Ru Paul's stylist, embolden pound signs and throw in more nets than the disciples fishing with Jesus. Net spend, net growth, netflix, Netanyahu.

And the beat goes on da da dum da dum...you better lose yourself in the music the moment you hold it...
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:My peoplelooks like beloved is Europa next year.Question is
1)Should we take it serious like league and CL?
2)Should we play bench warmer to keep them fresh or mix it?
3)Should Europa be one of the objectives like top 4,since wining it is guarantee CL group stage not play off?
Beloved for life
Europa level football is excellent for honing the skills of the less experienced players - the reserve league system is a failure.
This Spurs team mainly grew thru the Europa & you know very well that Athletico & Sevilla gained a lot for their squads from the competition.I suspect Jose has learnt a lot about his squad through the Europa league.
We must also target the Premier league - one must add though that reckless football in an increasingly tactical league is a problem.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:Wenger is the GOAT!!!

he-goat, nanny-goat or Bamenda goat?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

No he is Nwamkpi (aka African dwarf goat) ...

Gerrarrahia men. You don know nathing.

GOAT. Greatest of ALL time. :taunt:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

The way some of you reason sef. Greatest of all time? What exactly qualifies him as that?

He's not even the greatest of his era.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

The way some of you reason sef. Greatest of all time? What exactly qualifies him as that?

I am an Arsenal fan, and as far as Arsenal is concerned, Papa Wenger is the GOAT !!! :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Dare not even imagine how poor Arsenal will be when Sanchez exits the club this summer.

It is a team game. Sanchez has his downsides and upsides. It is not just about one player and we have had better players leave and we prospered. So long as we get a replacement, he will not be missed.
this Waffi sef....

please provide a list of possible replacements that Arsenal can legitimately get.

Unlike you guys here who forget the sacred principle of football - it is a team sport. No one is irreplaceable either by personnel change or system change.

At Arsenal, Wenger has developed a system that plays to Sanchez and Ozil. This season, the system is even more skewed towards getting the best out of and minimising his weaknesses.

I understand you andvTG are vexed with how things have gone this season, so I excuse you when you carry on about Sanchez.

Sanchez was a flop at Barca, not because he is not a top player, it was because Barca will not alter or develope a system to accomodate his talent.

At Arsenal, he found a Manager who bent over to accommodate him both on and off the pitch. At Barca, he did not have that. Wenger, if he is around, will do the same for the player who replaces Sanchez. I have seen him do this for 20 years with varying degrees of success.

Sanchez forgot how Wenger contributions has helped him, he disrespects the Manager, team mates, fans and club. It is not hidden anymore, we now know Sanchez walked on his team at Norwich last season after he was subbed. That is not done, Arsenal are not some tinpot club, that is a huge slap in the face to all concerned. The club tried to cover it up but it was out there for those who wanted to be objective and know these things.

This season, we now know he walked out of training after yet another disagreement forcing the manager to drop him from the team for a big game against Liverpool. I will not even go into how disruptive he has been but we have 2 clear examples.

So if for whatever reasons you chose to ignore all if this and make him out like the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's your perogative. I know this, everyone has a professional responsibility and should know their place at any football club. Despite many attempts by the club to manage issues, Sanchez has too many times fallen below what you expect of a professional both on and off the pitch.

This is why I hold strong views about the player, my position is clear but I am just a supporter who sticks with his club and team through thick and thin.
Waffi don come oh, with his sweet yarns
Nope! I have concluded Sanchez will leave unless Arsenal meet his pay demands. If he goes, we sign a top class striker. Simple as that.
like a Welbeck, and end-of-career Poldi (one of my favorites tho), a Sanogo, a Lucas (to do bench duties), or a Chamack? give me a list of these available top strikers. Wenger already deemed Mbappe not good enough, and YOU (Waffiman) will tell us Chelsea hiked the price. Aubamaeyang was "not as good as Walcott" when he was affordable....

I don't believe you guys. You specifically promised us, on these very pages: Torres, Eto'o, Tevez....I believe even Higuain and Benzema were reportedly seen around the Emirates...
You forget Ibrahimovic also made his way to Colney. :biggrin:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

this Waffi sef....

Sanchez forgot how Wenger contributions has helped him, he disrespects the Manager, team mates, fans and club. It is not hidden anymore, we now know Sanchez walked on his team at Norwich last season after he was subbed. That is not done, Arsenal are not some tinpot club, that is a huge slap in the face to all concerned. The club tried to cover it up but it was out there for those who wanted to be objective and know these things.

So if for whatever reasons you chose to ignore all if this and make him out like the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's your perogative. I know this, everyone has a professional responsibility and should know their place at any football club. Despite many attempts by the club to manage issues, Sanchez has too many times fallen below what you expect of a professional both on and off the pitch.

No disrespect, but you don't even believe what you typed. You are like a lawyer trying to win a case, regardless of facts.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Or an accountant including fraudulent numbers in a report just to prove that the company is financially sound. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I am an Arsenal fan, and as far as Arsenal is concerned, Papa Wenger is the GOAT !!! :taunt:
So he's the GOAT because you're an Arsenal fan and not necessarily based on actual metrics?

Ok got it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Waffiman Conway :thumbs: :thumbs:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Blukyt wrote:Waffiman Conway :thumbs: :thumbs:
you mean he has graduated from Waffileaks? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

What about Nkume Spicer?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nkume wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nkume Spicer. As far as you are concerned, Trump had the largest inauguration crowd in the history of crowds and inaugurations.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Blukyt wrote:Waffiman Conway :thumbs: :thumbs:
you mean he has graduated from Waffileaks? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

What about Nkume Spicer?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The day Wenger leave I can see some fans leaving also.I can't wait for that day to come....
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

So he's the GOAT because you're an Arsenal fan and not necessarily based on actual metrics?

Ok got it.
No, its because I don't give a rats ikebe about other clubs.

Arsenal for life. All miserable Wenger out zombies can go support Chelski!
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nkume Spicer. As far as you are concerned, Trump had the largest inauguration crowd in the history of crowds and inaugurations.
Wetin consign Nkume with spicer or American politricks???