Outstanding Samuel Kalu Helps Gent Qualify For Europe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg
Outstanding Samuel Kalu Helps Gent Qualify For Europe

Post by Pavarotti »

Fast rising Nigerian youngster Samuel Kalu was in Spectacular form grabbing a goal and registering 2 assists in KAA gents 5 -2 defeat of Zulte Waregem in the Belgian Playoffs at Gents Ghelamaco Arena on Thurday night . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/outstandi ... fy-europe/
bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Outstanding Samuel Kalu Helps Gent Qualify For Europe

Post by bully12 »

How good are these boys playing in Belgium ? Some of them have been making positives waves with their outstanding performances . I keep wondering is it because of the weakness of league they are plying their trades at. I hope some of them can move to league one France that will enable us have better judgment of their qualities. I was really disappointed after Moses Simon joined the league we have not seen any noticeable improvement in his game.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Ekong seems to have finally nailed down that spot.

Esiti is adding to Rohr's headache in the DM which has Ndidi, Agbo and Mikel Agu (can also play as a CM).

Smanuel Kalu i believe would make the SE and would give serious and legit competition to V.Moses, S.Moses, Isaac Success and even Musa. Luckily, Onyekuru is more of a suport striker than winger. Iwobi would have to move bck to challnage Mikel and Etebo for the AM position.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

chief nfachairman wrote:Ekong seems to have finally nailed down that spot.

Esiti is adding to Rohr's headache in the DM which has Ndidi, Agbo and Mikel Agu (can also play as a CM).

Smanuel Kalu i believe would make the SE and would give serious and legit competition to V.Moses, S.Moses, Isaac Success and even Musa. Luckily, Onyekuru is more of a suport striker than winger. Iwobi would have to move bck to challnage Mikel and Etebo for the AM position.
With all these aforementioned players it is going to big headache to pick a team. Have we ever been blessed with so many potential super stars at one time ? I hope and pray we have a coach who can harness all these potentials and convert them to a killing machine so that world can hear whemm..
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He scores and all of a sudden he's challenging vic Moses. Com n men!
OCCUPY NFF!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

nice on paper :thumbs:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

:bump:

On a serious note, i have been following Samuel Kalu since he moved to Belgium and he has been great. He has some awesome technical ability, extremely skillful and can deliver that sweet cross, some Ahmed Musa suck at.

BY saying challenge, it doesnt mean knock off Lord MOses, but put up a good fight and be a legit backup to V.Moses.

And if Sarenren Bazee ends up in the Bundesliga next season, madness!

Now we need strikers.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Esiti is one i've been following and watching. Esiti isn't that great - I don't see him causing a headache for Rohr. There's however a player that plays in the Dutch league - Div 1 that needs to be giving Rohr a headache. He'll be a top 5 on my call list and start at AM tomorrow ------- Abdul Ajagon .

Ajagon has played close to 3000 minutes this season 80% of which were in teh AM position. For his club,

1. Regular playing time in the AM position - 33 games for Roda JC, ~ 3000 minutes played
2. Goal scoring ability and good at set pieces - 5 goals in 33 games (he isn't a striker but you can expect a goal per tournament based on club stats)
3. Game strategy / flexibility - He can and has played LWB & RWB, and LMF this season (he doesn't score when deployed elsewhere but AM)

Ajagon's Nigerian Record

- Delivered when given the chance - U20 - Played 23 games, scored 12 goals
- U17 He played 7 games, scored 2 goals

On account of his record for Nigeria in U20s, U 17, he'll score every 2.5 games - Good for an AM.

Based on what I've watched this season and ..the stats above, he should get a look in. I think he'll emerge the best fit for us at AM. I ask that we (CE) try to watch a couple of his games next season; views appreciated. He is smart , has good vision.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/abdul-aja ... ler/131664
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

I've said it that Ajagun needs to at the very least be in the squad, if not the team.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

okidoki wrote:I've said it that Ajagun needs to at the very least be in the squad, if not the team.

Who would he replace? Iwobi or Mikel, they're the only 2 AM we have
OCCUPY NFF!!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

okidoki wrote:I've said it that Ajagun needs to at the very least be in the squad, if not the team.

Ajagun is better than iwobi. No sentiments
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Ajagun should replace Mikel. On the evidence, Mikel has shown to be short of the lungs for an AM. I'll not exclude Mikel but move Mikel to DM (where he is very good at and physically conditioned to play).