Onyekuru called up to SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Onyekuru called up to SE

Post by Enugu II »

NFf's official twitter handle is stating that Henry Onyekuru has been called up to SE camp in Corsica to replace Kayode who will not be available because of club engagement. Also, NFF confirmed an international in Paris versus Togo on June 1.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: Onyekuru called up to SE

Post by naijaguy »

Enugu II wrote:NFf's official twitter handle is stating that Henry Onyekuru has been called up to SE camp in Corsica to replace Kayode who will not be available because of club engagement. Also, NFF confirmed an international in Paris versus Togo on June 1.
Finally, so some people will let us drink and keep cup..
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Enugu II wrote:NFf's official twitter handle is stating that Henry Onyekuru has been called up to SE camp in Corsica to replace Kayode who will not be available because of club engagement. Also, NFF confirmed an international in Paris versus Togo on June 1.
So if Kayode did not have club engagement the fool has the intention of inviting our hottest strike currently in Europe. He was busy inviting none productive players like Musa foreign born third rated strikers. To be honest this has left a bitter taste in my mouth about him. I guess from now we watch him closely and his call ups.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

bully12 wrote:
So if Kayode did not have club engagement the fool has the intention of inviting our hottest strike currently in Europe. He was busy inviting none productive players like Musa foreign born third rated strikers. To be honest this has left a bitter taste in my mouth about him. I guess from now we watch him closely and his call ups.
He's the coach, he will invite who he feels will do better for the team. You are not the coach, Infact your opinion doesn't even count. Yet you come online to rant. Who now is the fool?
Last edited by naijaguy on Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

'Team' selection is not about having 10 Messi's and playing them all at once...
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Mr Shows wrote:'Team' selection is not about having 10 Messi's and playing them all at once... j
Harnessing their maximum potentials to the get their best out of them
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

bully12 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:'Team' selection is not about having 10 Messi's and playing them all at once... j
i love Onyekuru but i noticed that dude is not a team player which can piss of loads of coaches Like Morinho and which some other coeaches might love, like Zidane.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

naijaguy wrote:
bully12 wrote:
He's the coach, he will invite who he feels will do better for the team. You are not the coach, Infact your opinion doesn't even count. Yet you come online to rant. Who now is the fool?
:D :D :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The dude better come correct after all the hype...
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:The dude better come correct after all the hype...

No, he doesnt have to! if he doesnt "come correct," Nigeria can do the childish thing and move on to some other "hey you," while Onyekuru makes a big money move to a top team next season

This is the problem with football fans. You guys think this is play station or xbox. A player doesnt have to "come correct" on his first, 2nd or even 10th game. Look at how you guys want to throw Iwobi in trash now... because of the same attitude. smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Finally Vancity Eagle (VE) and et al will be glad. I am happy for them, the player and the country. I hope he does well if selected to play.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bully12 wrote:

First, who is the fool? Second, do you mean ... "has the intention of inviting our hottest strike", or you meant to say the coach has NO intention of ...?
Last edited by Odas on Fri May 19, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

danfo driver wrote:

No, he doesnt have to! if he doesnt "come correct," Nigeria can do the childish thing and move on to some other "hey you," while Onyekuru makes a big money move to a top team next season

This is the problem with football fans. You guys think this is play station or xbox. A player doesnt have to "come correct" on his first, 2nd or even 10th game. Look at how you guys want to throw Iwobi in trash now... because of the same attitude. smh
DD..Iwobi has established his spot in the team. He needs to come correct coz Rohr is casting his net wide and there are many others knocking on the door. If he doesn't come correct and Kayode or Odey take their chances you can be guaranteed it will be a while before he gets another look in, regardless of how many goals he bangs in the Belgium league. Rohr already has options in his position and that is why his call up has taken a while.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

DD..Iwobi has established his spot in the team. He needs to come correct coz Rohr is casting his net wide and there are many others knocking on the door. If he doesn't come correct and Kayode or Odey take their chances you can be guaranteed it will be a while before he gets another look in, regardless of how many goals he bangs in the Belgium league. .

No, he does NOT! LOL. you guys dont get it. Onyekuru is the highest goalscorer in Belgium and destroying teams for fun. he will be moving this summer. if Nigeria cannot be patient to work with a player and have the player work well into the team over time, then nigeria does NOT deserve top players.

This is the "scrimmage" mentality that was caused by "storm camp"! :rotf: :rotf: When players show up and "fight for a shirt!" :rotf: :rotf: Thats not how you build a great squad. You pin-point a player, after a lot of scouting, understanding his capacity and you bring him in. You give him time to bed in and give him confidence, devoid of pressure... with time, he WILL perform! Thats how its done! The nonsense scrimmage mentality has gotten us nowhere. Thats why you have players who show up and play like Pele and then they spend the next 5 years being useless!

Additionally, if Rohr was serious about players taking their chances, we wont see players like Moses Simon and Musa.
Rohr already has options in his position and that is why his call up has taken a while
Well that tells you more about Rohr than it does about Onyekuru. Onyekuru is the best player in the Belgian League, yet, Rohr had time to invite division 3 players from Charlton Athletic and the others.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

You obviously missed the point that Rohr said a different list will be drawn up for the SA game. The odds are every decent player is going to get a chance including Onyekuru. You can only play 15 players per game at a time... Rohr is building a team, his 'focus' is on solidifying the weak areas of the squad. Its not about sentiments bro..
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

DD..Iwobi has established his spot in the team. He needs to come correct coz Rohr is casting his net wide and there are many others knocking on the door. If he doesn't come correct and Kayode or Odey take their chances you can be guaranteed it will be a while before he gets another look in, regardless of how many goals he bangs in the Belgium league. Rohr already has options in his position and that is why his call up has taken a while.
Iwobi has not being playing well since he starting dating these English girls.

He needs to stay grounded or he will lose his place to oyekuru.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I don't think I am. I know exactly what you are saying.

However, what I am Saying is simple. You don't scout a player in ONE GAME. You scout a player over a season and more. If Rohr is interested in the highest goal scorer in the Belgian league, he will
Include him in the squad moving forward, regardless of what onyekuru does against Corsica and Togo. That is how a top coach builds a team....if onyekuru fails over a period of
Time, then we can say he is not ready.

To put all your hope on a Performance in one game is amateurish. And I blame it on the culture of scrimmage in Nigeria caused by storming camp and fighting for shirt.

I think you have been on cybereagles long enough for me to mention two names to you:

1. Bartholomew Ogbeche -- the bycicle kick heard around the world :rotf:
2. Friday Onyekwu

This is what scrimmage does to you. It allows average players to have a blinder in their first game and caused average coaches to select them, while ignoring top quality players , whose performances grow with appearances.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Great observation.
Also might be suspect pulling his weight defensively.

But, let's see how he holds his own in camp.
chief nfachairman wrote:
bully12 wrote:
i love Onyekuru but i noticed that dude is not a team player which can piss of loads of coaches Like Morinho and which some other coeaches might love, like Zidane.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Going by EAGLEZBEAK's weird logic, Rohr must "hate" himself... :taunt:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chief nfachairman wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Not entirely sold on dude either as a bona fide full international at this stage of his career...
But that's exactly why we have camps and friendlies - and dude has certainly earned an invite.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

danfo driver wrote:I don't think I am. I know exactly what you are saying.

However, what I am Saying is simple. You don't scout a player in ONE GAME. You scout a player over a season and more. If Rohr is interested in the highest goal scorer in the Belgian league, he will
Include him in the squad moving forward, regardless of what onyekuru does against Corsica and Togo. That is how a top coach builds a team....if onyekuru fails over a period of

To put all your hope on a Performance in one game is amateurish. And I blame it on the culture of scrimmage in Nigeria caused by storming camp and fighting for shirt.

I think you have been on cybereagles long enough for me to mention two names to you:

2. Friday Onyekwu

This is what scrimmage does to you. It allows average players to have a blinder in their first game and caused average coaches to select them, while ignoring top quality players , whose performances grow with appearances.
DD,

If Onyekuru flunks big time and shows that as a 19 year old he can't yet handle the step up to the national team, are you suggesting Rohr persists with him at the expense of other players who deserve a look in? Club football and National team football are different kettles of fish. Jonathan Akpoborie was prolific at club level in Germany but that form didn't quite translate at the national level. On the flip side, Daniel Amokachi wasn't exactly light up the stage at Everton but we all know what he was capable of in the GWG.

Every coach has an idea of how he wants to set up his team and the tactics to be deployed. I'm quite sure Onyekuru's exploits have not gone unnoticed.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:

2. Friday Onyekwu

DD,

If Onyekuru flunks big time and shows that as a 19 year old he can't yet handle the step up to the national team, are you suggesting Rohr persists with him
I shall ask you the same question. If Inuyekuru flops big time in this 2 games, are you suggesting that Rohr discards him immediately??

If Rohr can persist with rotten sh111it Like Musa, Simon Moses, Echeijile and the other nonsense he has persisted with, i am sure he can persist with the highest goals scorer in the Belgian League.

If, however, Rohr does not want to persist with the highest goal scorer, but chooses to persist with rubbish like Musa and Simon, who cares???? Onyekuru will move on to a bigger club and continue to do what Musa and Moses cannot do, and hopefully, Onyekuru will go on to naturalize with another country and represent them. No biggie!

Thats my stance. I am simply telling you that when it comes to me, I see things differently. I do not give a hoot how amazing you are in one match or in "camp" while youa re busy fighting for shirt... I scout you all through a season or even more and then look at how you perform over several games.... But if Rohr has a different approach, God bless him. I only beg him to drop Onyekuru after the friendlies, and not tie the kid down with a competitive game, so that the kid can move on and represent someone else.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Mr Shows wrote:

2. Friday Onyekwu

DD,

If Onyekuru flunks big time and shows that as a 19 year old he can't yet handle the step up to the national team, are you suggesting Rohr persists with him at the expense of other players who deserve a look in? Club football and National team football are different kettles of fish. Jonathan Akpoborie was prolific at club level in Germany but that form didn't quite translate at the national level. On the flip side, Daniel Amokachi wasn't exactly light up the stage at Everton but we all know what he was capable of in the GWG.

Every coach has an idea of how he wants to set up his team and the tactics to be deployed. I'm quite sure Onyekuru's exploits have not gone unnoticed.
You definitely want him to fail for your chest thumping I told you so. There is no doubt he has all the attributes to be successful. The only disadvantage in his game is his penchant for going sole not passing to open team mates. If he can correct that anomaly he will surely be fantastic player both national and club levels. He has explosive runs with marvelous , mesmerizing ball control and a keen eye as a goal poacher . He reminds me of Arsenal Henry when he was young. The question is does he have the zeal to the reach awesome Henry's height. If he has the desire, determination , discipline and diligence his accomplishments will be bravura no doubt about it. Honestly I'm really excited about him he seems to be consummate player in making.
Last edited by bully12 on Sat May 20, 2017 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.